Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Haha this is great; a wonderful way to depict what must have been quite the harrowing occurrence.

This makes sense too, imo.

Also, the court building is connected to the ground with roots like a tree would be. The way the court "grew from the seed bismuth" is probably the same way the old robots function as well as how Kat is growing her robot.

remember back when ysengrin found the robird by the river and what said robird was doing while there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

a medical mystery posted:

remember back when ysengrin found the robird by the river and what said robird was doing while there

Yeah, that too! Nice!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This will turn out to not be an exaggeration and it'll be like legos or maybe a phone booth, and everyone will be like, "Who the gently caress even uses phone booths anymore?"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A second coyote has hit the tower

Forgall posted:

Maybe they have a little model of the Court in the room where meeting happened.

What is this, a court for ants!?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splicer posted:

If only Tony wasn't so underhanded.

Blackheart posted:

Both excellent

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

I would like to see the aftermath of these events in the regular art style, but there is no way to convey Coyote's anger outside of crayons and construction paper.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Worthleast posted:

I would like to see the aftermath of these events in the regular art style, but there is no way to convey Coyote's anger outside of crayons and construction paper.
Seeing what the Court looks like after Coyote's tantrum is one of the things I'm looking forward to most.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Yeah, I hope we get a RotD style chapter topper for Coyotefield.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
this art style is just begging for a loss edit

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Nothing is begging for that, seriously.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

Annie has weird slicey lines where her hair ends.

She's also missing the fire inside of her. Looks kind of like a crown on her shirt in the first few pages.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Blackheart posted:

Watch the headmaster start a war now

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Coyote did nothing wrong

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Coyotes can't melt steel beams.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
If only Tom had had the foresight to start his decade-old comic exactly one week earlier.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

BobTheJanitor posted:

Watch the headmaster start a war now

COYOTE'S BRAIN

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

thespaceinvader posted:

Coyotes can't melt steel beams.

But... his tooth sword can :tinfoil:

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Ysengrin made money off the Forest-Court War

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Luneshot posted:

Ysengrin made money off the Forest-Court War
DYING FOR COYOTE'S ETHER PROFITS!

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Coyote laughed so hard that he needed two extra mouths to laugh and his legs became mouths.

e: Three extra mouths

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Hell, that's the most fatherly thing he's done since he got back. I'll take what I can get.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Tony once again doing something very stupid for the sake of his family. The man has no capability to learn from his mistakes.
Also: Whoops! Looks like there was no grand scheme after all, just the Headmaster being petty and vindictive. The man is an imbecile and I can't wait for his futile meltdown when he finally figures out his daughter is dating Winsbury for real.

...assuming that neither of them got killed in that smashed building, of course. :v:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

*COYOTE* LAUGHED AT THIS

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

*COYOTE* LAUGHED AT THIS

∃COYOTE∑ is looking a bit weird, there.

EDIT: VVVVV Oh, whoops :downs:

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 21, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's the Court. The head is the alchemical symbol of bismut, the body is made of blocky buildings.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

magic mountain posted:

Hell, that's the most fatherly thing he's done since he got back. I'll take what I can get.

Technically he already did this :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Itzena posted:

Also: Whoops! Looks like there was no grand scheme after all, just the Headmaster being petty and vindictive.

Probably, but it might be there was a scheme but they weren't expecting Coyote to go so totally off the rails.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Wow, these simple, stylized renditions of Coyote are just getting creepier and creepier. Like, picture how this actually looked when it happened. Coyote laughing so hard he became a Shoggoth-like mass of fanged mouths.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
next episode:coyote goes to anger management

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
How can she be safe with people who make Coyote so angry?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's right, that poo poo is unsafe.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

P. sure Coyote promised her safety while she was in the forest though, and hes done things to protect her before (see eating the will o' wisp that was about to deceive Annie)

Plus, Coyote might be a bratty child in god-like form, but he knows enough to not throw his toys out of the pram if he can't get them back.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Conot posted:

P. sure Coyote promised her safety while she was in the forest though

Which implies he did not promise her safety while she isn't in the forest.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Conot posted:

P. sure Coyote promised her safety while she was in the forest though, and hes done things to protect her before (see eating the will o' wisp that was about to deceive Annie)

He also promised not to attack the Court.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

MikeJF posted:

He also promised not to attack the Court.

To be honest, with some finagling you can probably argue that the Court is the aggressor here, having withheld his medium/ambassador from him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Conot posted:

To be honest, with some finagling you can probably argue that the Court is the aggressor here, having withheld his medium/ambassador from him.

That's a pretty big stretch. They didn't even withhold Annie, they brought her out as soon as he asked for her and then Coyote got pissed because she cut her hair.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's a pretty big stretch. They didn't even withhold Annie, they brought her out as soon as he asked for her and then Coyote got pissed because she cut her hair.

Her father forbid her from going to the forest.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Besides! There's a whoooole lotta wiggle room between "Attacking" the court, and just knocking over one o' their little buildings. A little one, even!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

And there was just a robot and some mice in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Coyote's laughing because Annie's been damaged to hell and back by a guy who never shows any emotion, let alone anger.

GET IT

Irony.