Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

LowellDND posted:

I didn't missed D2, I was final vote.

I mean, its a bit awkward that it was Kash (town). But I definitely was there.

Oh hey, Kash wasn't day 2, it was Opop (scum). Are you thinking of Someone? They were the one who dodged the D2 vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

LowellDND posted:

I didn't missed D2, I was final vote.

I mean, its a bit awkward that it was Kash (town). But I definitely was there.

Whoops! In my defense It Was Late and I Was (Am) Tired

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Someone Awful! (3): fiery_valkyrie, Captain Foo, LowellDND
fiery_valkyrie (1): Rarity
Acebuckeye13 (0): LowellDND, LowellDND

Not Voting (4): Acebuckeye13, Chamale, imgay, Someone Awful!

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 22nd, 2015 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 46 minutes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is SA still alive in our mortal realm?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

imgay posted:

Is SA still alive in our mortal realm?

Not if two more people vote for him :v:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not even talking about the game.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
He has posted elsewhere on SA but not since 3AM EST.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I've been waiting for Someone Awful to present his defense, but he hasn't been here in a while. I have the votes to lynch him but I don't want to do that before deadline. As a double-voter, would there ever be a reason to use only one of my votes now that I've revealed I can vote twice?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
If nothing else we should probably wait and see where everyone stands before voting. There's still a chance SA could pop up within the next few hours to defend himself, and if nothing else we can always use more posts for later analysis in case it turns out that SA was town.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yeah, we got time. 21 hours to deadline, theres no rush.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Honestly, looking back on it I'm not sure. I started typing thinking I'd swing for SA, but reading over their posts again I think they may be town-they went hard for Lumpen, Kash, and Chamale in the first few days, but also defended Rarity when she was close to getting lynched. That alone is probably a strong indication that they're town, especially considering that Rarity getting lynched and flipping town doctor would have probably gotten me lynched next-a potentially game-winning twofer.

i'll re-read tomorrow to see if your assumption of getting chainlynched makes sense, but something pings me about this post

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Captain Foo posted:

i'll re-read tomorrow to see if your assumption of getting chainlynched makes sense, but something pings me about this post

Mainly my assumption of my own demise comes from the fact that had Rarity been lynched, my pushing against her and the underlying suspicions people had of me based on my initial poor posting and lurking prooooobably wouldn't have reflected well on me the day after. Either way, regardless of what would have happened to me, SA could have easily tipped the scales and gotten our doctor lynched but consciously did not. It's just something I thought was notable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wouldn't say that Someone defending me at that point is indicative that he's town. As I explained at the time, after I claimed nobody was going to drop the hammer on me. In fact, I'd expect scum to be vocal in defending me in that situation. They don't want to be seen as making an anti-town move there.

I'll vote SA if he doesn't show up again but I'd prefer we give him as much time as we can. SA, if you're town then it's your duty to keep yourself alive so come in and talk to us!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Mainly my assumption of my own demise comes from the fact that had Rarity been lynched, my pushing against her and the underlying suspicions people had of me based on my initial poor posting and lurking prooooobably wouldn't have reflected well on me the day after. Either way, regardless of what would have happened to me, SA could have easily tipped the scales and gotten our doctor lynched but consciously did not. It's just something I thought was notable.

even if SA! is scum and does know that rarity is town, SA! wouldn't know that Rarity is doc

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wait we may be talking about two different times, i was talking about possibly earlier in the game, hang on

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Someone Awful! posted:

I made my argument on Chamale at the start of this day and I don't feel anything Chamale has said changes my opinion on their newbie scum status. Double voter is a null tell IMO.

Let me reread Rarity, I remember having a null read leaning townie on them but that was d1 and I haven't put any thought into it since.

i was looking at this situation and the following/surrounding posts; there was no rarity claim and there was some votefinder shenanigans with chamale's doublevote, but i believe had SA! voted rarity at that point that would have put her at -1 with almost two days to go which would have been a blatantly bad move at that point.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Someone Awful! posted:

afaik f_v's case on me is "gut, had weird availability on d2/didn't vote Opop, and has 'inconsistent reads'"

I'm not sure what to make of the last one because I'm trying to be honest and get my thoughts out as clearly as I can; any inconsistency is probably some combination of me being more busy than usual this week so I have a case of DumbBrain and of this being my first game of forums mafia so I don't really have a loving clue what I'm doing.

Would not vote Rarity at this time as un-counterclaimed doc. Still think Chamale is newbie Scum (I don't see how stupidity and scumminess can't coexist, but I could be convinced to vote someone else), would also vote LowellDND, imgay and apostateCourier (from most to slightly less scummy read imo), I can effortpost about imgay/aC if you want me to clarify

I'll be leaving in a half hour or so and will not be around for deadline.

this is the only SA! post w/r/t Rarity later in the game, and not voting an un-CC'd doc is not exactly a controversial position

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Acebuckeye13 posted:

i'm going to steal what someone said to chamale earlier, i think you're far to focused on your own scumminess. there's no guarantee of anything happening after a flip, you don't know who may have been NK'd that could have implicated someone else, there's lots of things to think of. Either you're too preoccupied with your own survival (that's bad) or you're self-tunneling (unhelpful).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Twelve and a half hours to go, yee

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

I wouldn't say that Someone defending me at that point is indicative that he's town. As I explained at the time, after I claimed nobody was going to drop the hammer on me. In fact, I'd expect scum to be vocal in defending me in that situation. They don't want to be seen as making an anti-town move there.

I'll vote SA if he doesn't show up again but I'd prefer we give him as much time as we can. SA, if you're town then it's your duty to keep yourself alive so come in and talk to us!

Captain Foo posted:

i'm going to steal what someone said to chamale earlier, i think you're far to focused on your own scumminess. there's no guarantee of anything happening after a flip, you don't know who may have been NK'd that could have implicated someone else, there's lots of things to think of. Either you're too preoccupied with your own survival (that's bad) or you're self-tunneling (unhelpful).

That all makes sense. I guess to an extent I'm over-thinking it, just not sure what else to do until SA gets here (If he ever does).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

tbqh i'm not against just lynching him now, lurking sucks

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He will chime in any minute now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

He will chime in any minute now.

hmm.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Yeah at this point there's not much benefit to waiting any longer.

##vote Someone Awful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit SA you are making mafia not fun :saddowns:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to give him the last 5 hours to even attempt to make a case, then theres still an hour before deadline to hammer.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i won't be around at deadline, probably around from 2h to 1h before

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'd like to be around, but I can't guarantee that I will be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm gonna hammer before I go to bed.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
He's had 48 hours to post. I don't think he's coming back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

He's had 48 hours to post. I don't think he's coming back.

Then another hour or two won't hurt us, will it? I mean, if I hammer now either the game ends or we won't be able to post in this thread anyway.

Let's play a game of mini mafia while we wait :v:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

He did mention having a lot on his plate, but if he can't contribute to the discussion then he's not doing us any good anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
This game is so boring when people lurk.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This game is so boring when people lurk.

:agreed:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So uh. Anyone starting a new mafia game?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

gently caress it.

##vote Someone Awful!

:redhammer:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LowellDND posted:

So uh. Anyone starting a new mafia game?

there are a few taking signups, heres one of them.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742528

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Day 4: SomeoneAwful, The People Eater (scum-aligned Rolecop) has been lynched!

imgay, Max Rockatansky (town-aligned Cop) has won the game!
fallen_valkyrie, Imperator Furiosa (town-aligned Vigilante) has won the game!
Ernie., Nux (town-aligned Miller Mason) has won the game!
Lumpen, Capable (town-aligned Mason) has won the game!
Colonel Corazon, The War Rig (town-aligned Bus Driver) has won the game!
Rarity, Miss Giddy (town-aligned Doctor) has won the game!
Chamale, The Splendid Angharad (town-aligned Governer) has won the game!
Kashuno, The Dag (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
Captain Foo, Toast the Knowing (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
LowellDND, Keeper of the Seeds (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
TMMadman, The Valkyrie (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
Acebuckeye13, Cheedo the Fragile (survivor-aligned Survivor) has survived to the end and won the game!

Moddoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HpbtpuaC08iGDNITcqy4Ho_BHt64pY_fkavZu2e4MUE/edit?usp=sharing
Scumdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/151GQv8jJv8638PA-YfrvDHLsiPCYO3vvQ2AssEBnu-8/edit?usp=sharing

Notes: I hosed up in a few ways modding this game.

1. I tied flavour to alignment and then failed to account for fakeclaims. With the benefit of retrospect, I would have made the Town Doctor be the Organic Mechanic and replaced a couple of the wives/Vuvulani with more neutral characters in the movie like the Ace or Corpus Collosus, allowing me to give fakeclaims to the scum team.
  2. The balance was kind of tilted towards town. I had asked for advice on balancing and was told it was okay, but right now I feel like I should have probably made Max an Insane Cop (which would have also been very appropriate).
  3. Despite having a few backup players, I didn't think to start replacing the scumteam until it was too late for it to make a difference.
  4. Minor fuckup, but by actually giving an opinion on the masondoc thing, I basically mod confirmed that Lumpen was indeed a mason. Oops.

Aside from that, I think the game went well. The newbies got engaged, everyone had a grand ol' time and two people were convinced to watch Fury Road who hadn't already seen it. Until that last day where for some reason SomeoneAwful vanished. He said both to me in Skype when I poked him and in the thread when he phoneposted that he was going to account for himself, but then never showed up? I'm assuming something came up in real life.

Newbies! Did you have fun? If so, here are some handy dandy links for you.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=103 The Game Room, where all Mafia games get posted. There's always a game or two accepting signups.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729528 The Mafia Discusison thread, where the community talks about Mafia and stays on topic fore- okay I can't finish that sentence. We mostly chat about whatever.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2894586 New Game Announcement Thread, where people moderating games post that they're recruiting and want people to come have fun.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 23, 2015

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:toot: Go town go. Good work! Also definitely check out the links SSV gave you so you can come play with us in the future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

welp all my predictions for who was scum were wrong

i totally thought chamale was scum through-out

good job town :D

• Locked thread