Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

What's he doing hanging out with you?

doin some poltergeist poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i tried some of that "not your dad's root beer" tonight and jesus christ it's gross

kind of a muddled, lovely flavor followed by an aftertaste of old egg

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

i tried some of that "not your dad's root beer" tonight and jesus christ it's gross

Really? Did you drink it chilled? It's kinda gross if you drink it warm. Vanilla ice cream is a pro addition.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't like it either. Whatever grain alcohol they add to it tastes loving terrible.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Really? Did you drink it chilled? It's kinda gross if you drink it warm. Vanilla ice cream is a pro addition.

Yeah, bought it cold yesterday and left it in the fridge. It smelled nice but tasted revolting.

Maybe I'll give the rest to a homeless guy.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Well, thanks for taking one for the team, I guess. I was eyeballing those the other day and thought about picking some up.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I like it, tastes like root beer. I wouldn't drink a ton of them, but yea. :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I like it, tastes like root beer. I wouldn't drink a ton of them, but yea. :shrug:

The one I drank 4 sips of before dumping it down the sink didn't taste at all like root beer. Maybe something was wrong with it, or with you.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

It tasttes like lovely root-beer flavored candy to me. If it tasted like IBC or some poo poo I would have killed the sixer in one night, but now I've had the four sitting in my fridge for the last 5 weeks instead

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's popular around by me. I can understand why it's not for everyone. The 10.1% draft kind is great.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Once you get above that 9% ABV beers definitely get a more pungent bite to them, more of an acquired taste than anything. I had one Splinters Burbon Strong Scotch Ale from Black Raven Brewing Co. while I was up in Seattle, that poo poo initially was gross as gently caress, but I've become accustomed to such high alcohol content beers to include Trappist's and signature "specialty brews" from companies.... Doesn't take more than 1-2 pints to be decently buzzing.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

The one I drank 4 sips of before dumping it down the sink didn't taste at all like root beer. Maybe something was wrong with it, or with you.

Hey man, maybe we shouldn't drunkshame.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

It tasttes like lovely root-beer flavored candy to me. If it tasted like IBC or some poo poo I would have killed the sixer in one night, but now I've had the four sitting in my fridge for the last 5 weeks instead

realtalk if ibc made a hard root beer i'd be 1000% all over that poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MurderBot posted:

Once you get above that 9% ABV beers definitely get a more pungent bite to them, more of an acquired taste than anything. I had one Splinters Burbon Strong Scotch Ale from Black Raven Brewing Co. while I was up in Seattle, that poo poo initially was gross as gently caress, but I've become accustomed to such high alcohol content beers to include Trappist's and signature "specialty brews" from companies.... Doesn't take more than 1-2 pints to be decently buzzing.

you really need to go to belgium

i got absolutely trashed one afternoon on tripel and quadrupels without even realising it until i tried to get up to take a piss and just about headbutted the table

seriously you would not even know the alcohol percentage of them (none lower than 9%)

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Love me a Belgian tripel. Real Ale Brewing Company makes a great one called Devil's Backbone. Not sure if it's sold outside of Texas, but H-E-B, the big chain grocery store down here, carries it.

e: carton art used to be square-rigged ship getting tossed around in a storm but now it's just a stupid cartoon devil

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Two Finger posted:

i got absolutely trashed one afternoon on tripel and quadrupels without even realising it until i tried to get up to take a piss and just about headbutted the table

seriously you would not even know the alcohol percentage of them (none lower than 9%)

Trappiste beers own a whole fuckton. And this is coming from a place in Germany that considers most beers not from the region are poo poo.

Westmalle Dubbel was my favorite when touring between Brussels and Amsterdam. Yeah, the Tripel packs more of a punch and tastes more mild, but I'm a sucker for dark beers.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i tried three different hard root beers thanks to you dildos and the best was sprecher and the worst by a wide margin was coney island. you think not your fathers is bad, holy poo poo coney island tastes like straight up grain alcohol with a drop or two root beer flavoring. it even had that chest warming effect as i was drinking it. still got three of those nasty things lurking in the fridge

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Two Finger posted:

The type of cycling that I compete in "cyclocross" is essentially the national sport of Belgium. I would love to go there to race in some of the amateur races and just get drunk with the locals.

I raced in Vegas this past Wednesday. It was a "world cup event" and brought a few Belgians that were massive fans, similar to our football fans who decide to paint their entire body when it's 10'F outside.

The race was sponsored by Michelob Ultra, I overheard one Belgian say "This beer is piss water!" as he began to pour it down on the grass. I was somewhat embarrassed to be an american at that point, but then I remembered that we're back to back world war champions...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

go to holland/belgium

drink delicious beer

look at the most gorgeous women you've ever seen

realise that because they're all smoking hot you can pull one you'd normally think is way outside your league

thank god for europe's existence

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Two Finger posted:

thank god for europe's existence

Let's not say anything we can't take back.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

see if you change your mind after being balls deep in dutch/german/croatian/whatever takes your fancy

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I bought a sixer of Not Your Dad's today, I thought it was pretty good, wouldn't have guessed there's booze is in if I hadn't known. I wouldn't down more than one in a sitting but I liked it enough to buy again once in awhile. I also bought some Dogfish head Punkin with my ole standby Sierra Nevada Torpedo cause gently caress it, it's close enough to October and variety is the spice of life.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Friend of mine that is very angry about white girls and their pumpkin spice lattes is allllll about that pumpkin beer. Doesn't believe it's a contradiction when pointed out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Not really a fan of pumpkin spice anything.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't like pumpkin.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I like pumpkin soup, I've never tried pumpkin-everything-else

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
A good pumpkin pie is where it's at. On the boat we ran out of sugar so on thanksgiving when we had pumpkin pie it tasted like cardboard.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

A good pumpkin pie is where it's at. On the boat we ran out of sugar so on thanksgiving when we had pumpkin pie it tasted like cardboard.

Still better than when our cooks put rice on pizza.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
What in the loving hell, how do kegerators start at like $500? I've got a legit loving mead brewery in this city that makes some 7% draft poo poo that'll gently caress you up and tastes like slightly sweet flavored alcoholic water, but if somebody thinks I'm gonna pay half a grand to fit a single 1/6 keg then they can suck my dick from the back.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

What in the loving hell, how do kegerators start at like $500? I've got a legit loving mead brewery in this city that makes some 7% draft poo poo that'll gently caress you up and tastes like slightly sweet flavored alcoholic water, but if somebody thinks I'm gonna pay half a grand to fit a single 1/6 keg then they can suck my dick from the back.

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Kegerato...ords=kegerators

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Smallest they sell for kegs is 1/6s as far as I know, hence the bitching.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

http://kegbooty.com/How_To_Build_A_Kegerator_1.htm

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I got mine for a $100 delivered off of craigslist.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

A pegging?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
poo poo I'm higher than a lions chin right guy now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

poo poo I'm higher than a lions chin right guy now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-z3c1-_HI

• Locked thread