Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I thought the Balder reveal was pretty clever. The first game left you assuming he'd always been evil and had deceived Rosa, but never said anything concrete, so 2 didn't even actually have to retcon anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I didn't quite understand the Balder thing. So were we really fighting Loptr in Bayo 1 and Balder couldn't control him? Loptr also lost his memory of Bayo or something.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Golden Goat posted:

I didn't quite understand the Balder thing. So were we really fighting Loptr in Bayo 1 and Balder couldn't control him? Loptr also lost his memory of Bayo or something.

It was Balder, he was just super crazy at that point.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

The Lost Chapter: Witch Trial I(Polsy) | Download

Chain Chomp

A curious creature Rodin encountered while travelling through the ancient capital of Japan. Unable to get close to it due to its penchant for biting everything it comes into contact with, Rodin waited until it was sleeping, then dragged it away, chain and all.

However, after multiple failed efforts to tame it, Rodin gave up and begged the witches to take it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I am mad-mad that they split it into 5 chapters, that is.

There's a fun parallel between the problems of the lost chapter in this game and a number of others I've played in other genres- the top-tier difficulty tends to expose problems in the fundamental design and balance of the game (I do think the lost chapter in Bayo 1 had similar issues, but from everything you've documented it's a lot worse in the sequel).

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

That chain chomp sound effect would really drive me nuts after 5 minutes of using it.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Does the Chain Chomp have an umbran climax? I don't think you mentioned it in the video?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
My favourite immature thing to do in this game is to play as Jeanne with Chain Chomp, use the Elegance and then have another weapon in her hands, spam taunt and watch her go "you motherfucker" constantly while cosplaying a Nintendo character.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Zain posted:

Does the Chain Chomp have an umbran climax? I don't think you mentioned it in the video?

Yeah, I missed that. Every weapon barring the handguns has an Umbran Climax modifier, for the Chain Chomp it's just bigger chomps. Although, I could be wrong about the handguns, it might just give you bigger bullets.

Discendo Vox posted:

I am mad-mad that they split it into 5 chapters, that is.

There's a fun parallel between the problems of the lost chapter in this game and a number of others I've played in other genres- the top-tier difficulty tends to expose problems in the fundamental design and balance of the game (I do think the lost chapter in Bayo 1 had similar issues, but from everything you've documented it's a lot worse in the sequel).

I dunno, after having to grind through the Lost Chapter in Bayo 1, I'm pretty happy that they've changed it to separate chapters in 2. The only real challenging one in 2 is the last one, and you don't even have to complete it to unlock everything.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

yoshesque posted:

I dunno, after having to grind through the Lost Chapter in Bayo 1, I'm pretty happy that they've changed it to separate chapters in 2. The only real challenging one in 2 is the last one, and you don't even have to complete it to unlock everything.

I know, I was being dickish about the design of it. Frankly, the ascending difficulty curve structure of these bonus chapters never made much sense to me.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

The Lost Chapter: Witch Trial II(Polsy) | Download

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 3, 2015

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

The Lost Chapter: Witch Trial III(Polsy) | Download

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Bayonetta 1 wii-u edition retrospective when?

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

The Lost Chapter: Witch Trial IV(Polsy) | Download

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm so sorry it's so quiet right now.

I'm watching them!

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I realized the way my commentary has gone completely off the rails is an adequate reflection of the witch trial videos from the first thread.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
yoshesque what toddy is saying is you should get the entire FFXIII trilogy. A masterpiece indeed.

toddy. posted:

I realized the way my commentary has gone completely off the rails is an adequate reflection of the witch trial videos from the first thread.

And that is perfectly fine; your banter continues to be enjoyable.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

The Lost Chapter: Witch Trial V(Polsy) | Download

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Bonus round (9:14 if the link doesn't work)

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I enjoyed this episode of non-stop infinite whip slams.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

yoshesque posted:

The infamous bayonetta 2 john cena bonus boss fight

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Does that chomp-chomp sound like Steam notifications going insane?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

yoshesque posted:

What is even going on here?

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Sindai posted:

What is even going on here?

Normally Aesir drops in to start the fight, but you can start attacking him before he does that. PPPPK, charge the kick. Chain Chomp bombs stagger Aesir, use WT to slow things down. Rinse and repeat. Due to this game's targeting system, attacks are locked on to the enemy without having to have them onscreen. I'd honestly say the targeting system in this game is better than the first in that sense.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Tag Climax: An Introduction(Polsy)

Cards covered:

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 17, 2015

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Video podcast thing sounds cool, tag climax just gets nuts but there doesn't seem like there isn't much narration needed. It'd be a cool background to other general discussion though.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Tag Climax: Now, About Charge Bullet...(Polsy) | Download (Audio only)

Featuring Doshmaster Cash, General Beatrix and Flicky.

Cards covered:

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 31, 2016

Mulgar
Dec 8, 2013
So is this the series you were planning on doing where you talk about the flaws of Bayo 2? Or is this just for shits and giggles?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Mulgar posted:

So is this the series you were planning on doing where you talk about the flaws of Bayo 2?

wasn't that the whole rest of the LP

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I'm glad yoshesque got flicky in on that video because he was pretty cool at that agdq I watched one time and is good at hanging poo poo on things.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

It's for shits and giggles, mostly. Like I said in the Tag Climax intro video, I wanted to show everything off, but didn't want to do conventional commentary over it. Hopefully the next one will be a little more balanced though, I think I've mentioned that there aren't many people who liked the gameplay changes and also are willing to talk to me about it. I've only managed to find one such person :v:

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Sorry for the silence! I've been waiting on getting the audio files for the next Tag Climax video from my commentator. More likely than not the next Tag Climax update will be a while longer. Have some concept art as a half-rear end update instead!

Concept Art - Characters, Enemies and Infernal Demons
Concept Art - Backgrounds
Concept Art - Objects

On the upside, with luck I'll have a different update before I go on holiday next week. Otherwise, don't let the thread die over the next six weeks :v:

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Verse 0: The Infinite One Youtube(Polsy) | Download

Rodin
Mysterious bracelets once used by the fallen angel Rodin in holding dominion over a portion of Paradiso. Depending on the power of its user, these bracelets can take on many different forms.

Rodin
An immortal man feared as the most dangerous demon in the entire barren wasteland of Inferno. Freely traveling between the human world and Inferno, it is nearly impossible to guess his location at any given time. His sudden visits to Inferno are said to be for hunting its most savage, ruthless demons and taking their souls.

It is rumoured that he was once a resident of Paradiso with the power of creation, but witnessing his acts in Inferno, most would think him more suited for destruction. Though his principle purpose for collecting the souls of Inferno's denizens is to use them in making his weapons, he himself is almost never seen sporting anything other than his bare fists: true testament to their unbridled power.

As the famed weaponsmith of Inferno, he destroys to create, then creates to destroy. His true objective is still a mystery, though perhaps he is waiting for someone to appear who will finally have the power to undo him.

"drat, been a long time since I had a workout like that. You come back soon, dig? I'll be here... Waiting. Again."
- Rodin, The Gates of Hell

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 14, 2016

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Still watching, I promise.

Thanks for your hard work on these!

Very hard work.

... that fight is bad. :(

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Lord. I hate the Rodin fight. It's just so drat ball busting. And yet I think I've done it like five times now...

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Does the game prevent you from using items against him?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
So were you going to show off the basic gameplay with the Tag Climax-exclusive characters or just use them when you feel like it when you show off all the Verse Cards without any additional commentary?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Shiiett...

That looked awful.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

mkob posted:

Does the game prevent you from using items against him?

Yeah, it's the same deal as the Rodin fight in the first game.

AnotherGamer posted:

So were you going to show off the basic gameplay with the Tag Climax-exclusive characters or just use them when you feel like it when you show off all the Verse Cards without any additional commentary?

I'll be covering everything I missed in the main playthrough, like all the torture attacks, for example, plus the unlockables (characters, accessories, weapons), which also includes the tag climax characters in the final video(s). In fact, if there's something anybody wants me to specifically cover, let me know, I'm sure I've missed something.

Golden Goat posted:

Shiiett...

That looked awful.

I'm 100% certain that beating Rodin is just getting lucky, and that Pure Platinuming him is getting lucky over a course of many, many failed attempts. I know someone who beat him on their first try, and here's me 20+ hours later still trying to beat the rear end in a top hat. It's not like he's particularly difficult either, I memorised his attacks pretty quickly. It's just that he's got a lot of terribly designed attacks.

On that note, this will probably be the last update for a while, I need a break from this disappointing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I didn't have the patience for Rodin in the first game to be fair but for Rodin 2 I just went gently caress it after a handful of attempts and only getting to his demon form once.

Just on Bayonetta 2 disappointment what I still really miss is that the game never hits those "Holy poo poo, that's crazy" moments for me in cutscenes that the first did. Loki is awful almost all of the time and Baldur is just dull as a rival.

Not to mention whenever Baldur appeared it was more of a warning that your gonna fight him while too much poo poo was going on in the background.Just compared to Jeanne I think her last battle was the only time it got as close to the Baldur arenas in terms of visual noise when you fought on the rocket.

I know I've said it a lot but gently caress flying battles. I have problems closing distance in those fights quickly and it drives me nuts.

I still like Bayonetta 2 but it had a lot of design choices that almost go completely against what the first game had.

• Locked thread