Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
metal gear solid 4 is good and metal gear solid 5 is more good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just watch a video of 4, there's no reason to play it.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Just watch a video of 4, there's no reason to play it.

this is the only non-spinoff game in the franchise I'm not bothering to play because (my friend says:) "it's just a loving movie"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It just has the worst gameplay in the series from what I can tell and it runs at like 10 frames a second so just watch a youtube MGS4 The Movie.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

It just has the worst gameplay in the series from what I can tell and it runs at like 10 frames a second so just watch a youtube MGS4 The Movie.

You dumb rear end... the game is good as hell.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Don't skip MGS4

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
Me while playing mgs4: "Oh man, this is SO Metal Gear"

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
MGS4 looks horrible.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
mgs4 is a lot better of a game actually combat/sneaking is smoother but thats only when you get to play it because the cutscenes are long and obnoxious its still a solid game i beat it on every difficulty and unlocked all the poo poo but its the michael bay of the series lots of pomp and no subsistence

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
the forced johnny/merryl bs with 20 minute long cutscenes of the gayest corniest dialogue was the lowest pointof the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MGS4 kicks rear end except for the boss fights.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Some of the boss fights are good, but it also has Screaming Mantis which is bad

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I really like the Octopus boss fight.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

starbarry clock posted:

the forced johnny/merryl bs with 20 minute long cutscenes of the gayest corniest dialogue was the lowest pointof the game

Johnny is epic. You watch your mouth.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Pewdiepie posted:

Johnny is epic. You watch your mouth.
yeah its really freaking epic that the first time you remotely show any romantic interest in a person they ask to marry you its totally not hamfisted retardshit for fagos who jerk off to non-homosexual poarn :D

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i havent played any MGS games except like 75% of Twin Snakes on gamecube this is really hindering me from playing what seems to be the most epic game ever

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

starbarry clock posted:

yeah its really freaking epic that the first time you remotely show any romantic interest in a person they ask to marry you its totally not hamfisted retardshit for fagos who jerk off to non-homosexual poarn :D

Uhhh that scene is badass plus you don't know what happened between them in the time Meryl took command of the unit and Johnny was in it.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh that scene is badass plus you don't know what happened between them in the time Meryl took command of the unit and Johnny was in it.
drat lol you really got me youre right!! youre freaking right they have had a very intimate relationship before they proposed to each other during a climatic battle youre right thats why hes admitting his feelings to her because he already said it in the past!! wow you tore me apart with that one wormskull yea okay go back in the dirt u little worm

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

starbarry clock posted:

drat lol you really got me youre right!! youre freaking right they have had a very intimate relationship before they proposed to each other during a climatic battle youre right thats why hes admitting his feelings to her because he already said it in the past!! wow you tore me apart with that one wormskull yea okay go back in the dirt u little worm

No but there's clear romantic and master-protege tension between them throughout the game, who knows what happened before you met them. I think it was a little goofy but not out of left field when I watched it. So gently caress you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's also a precedent for it from romantic action comedies and such, which you know, MGS is always taking cues from movie tropes. Next you'll tell me there's not enough reason to believe Liquid Ocelot would put a Mt Rushmore of Snakes on his gigantic submarine.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Wormskull posted:

No but there's clear romantic and master-protege tension between them throughout the game, who knows what happened before you met them. I think it was a little goofy but not out of left field when I watched it. So gently caress you.
umm no there isnt youre just shipping them really hard you fruitcake if anything meryl straight up looks at johnny with disdain because of him constantly bungling poo poo up yeah it totally gets her ladyboner rev'd up when johnny sneezes or farts or some dumb thing and gets them all caught thats her biggest turn on gently caress you

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i dont know what youre freaking out about. just going wild over whatever it is. i come to this thread to see beavis and butthead from a helicopter and thats what i like and it stills my mind to peace.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

starbarry clock posted:

umm no there isnt youre just shipping them really hard you fruitcake if anything meryl straight up looks at johnny with disdain because of him constantly bungling poo poo up yeah it totally gets her ladyboner rev'd up when johnny sneezes or farts or some dumb thing and gets them all caught thats her biggest turn on gently caress you

Women can't have boners.

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I don't know what I'd do if I worked with something who literally shits his pants loudly all day long. I mean, how many times can you just be like "ah man, again? jeeze" *fans nose*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He has a medical issue. Have some decency for God sakes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh another point I want to add, is that in that very cutscene Johnny admits he's loved her ever since she whooped his rear end in MGS1. That, on top of the moment, his utmost honesty to her, and obedience to the best of his ability... Hell, I'd say you have no heart if you thought that scene was completely nonsensical.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its cute when Meryl says Marry me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://youtu.be/napjMrAx0KQ?t=35m22s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Wormskull posted:

Oh another point I want to add, is that in that very cutscene Johnny admits he's loved her ever since she whooped his rear end in MGS1. That, on top of the moment, his utmost honesty to her, and obedience to the best of his ability... Hell, I'd say you have no heart if you thought that scene was completely nonsensical.

oh that cutscene? the worst one in mgs4 which is just a bunch of loosely tied together dumb cutscenes? yeah that touched my fart in a way no other could

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Its cute when Meryl says Marry me.

It's a very cool back and forth.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love Meryl

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i hate romantic action comedies that arent true lies.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

cool. i hate everything and bveing alive.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i love everything and think that it owns to live

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was dead all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I;m the hosed up wierdo who likes cutscenes and movies and games.

• Locked thread