Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

Ecco does say small gifts are appropriate so

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 27, 2020

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Hahahaha

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I wouldn't brag about this.

I will brag about this.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

The good thing is my brain is mega huge and women can see that when they see me seeing as my skull is also abnormally huge.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Magnus Gallant posted:

The good thing is my brain is mega huge and women can see that when they see me seeing as my skull is also abnormally huge.

I can only wear flexible extra large hats because of my stupid dome, so I keep to a specific brand of New Era that is the only one I have found in any hat store that fits me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

I will brag about this.

Bad people replace out of games for reasons other than real life events.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Bad people replace out of games for reasons other than real life events.

Bad people make absolute rules.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Murder is cool on wednesdays now

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think it's totally better to replace out of a game you can't get in to than to continue playing and struggling to post.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

ok here's some mafia theory discusso

i used a Loudmouth-type role for the first time in XCOM II. In that case, I made it a Loudmouth Watcher; the watcher's results would be publicly announced by me on the start of the new day, e.g.

On Night 2, Met was detected near Tremendous Taste!

I thought it was a pretty interesting take on investigative roles. This was a fairly role-heavy game with a lot of ability for people to visit others, but I certainly wouldn't put it on a regular cop. Anyone else use a Loudmouth modifier, what did you think of it?

I have thought about using a Loud prefix. Basically the same thing. Just a modifier to announce stuff. I sort of used that in my Alien Conquest game, it was essentially a loud Ecco cop based on what zone people went to at night.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

ok here's some mafia theory discusso

i used a Loudmouth-type role for the first time in XCOM II. In that case, I made it a Loudmouth Watcher; the watcher's results would be publicly announced by me on the start of the new day, e.g.

On Night 2, Met was detected near Tremendous Taste!

I thought it was a pretty interesting take on investigative roles. This was a fairly role-heavy game with a lot of ability for people to visit others, but I certainly wouldn't put it on a regular cop. Anyone else use a Loudmouth modifier, what did you think of it?

Did you make it known before hand that these were results and not an anonymous messenger?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I think every game should have one new or rarely used role just for integration purposes, always nice to see what could work and what wouldn't work in future games.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm still proud of my Bodyguard Jester from Pokemonfia. That's a role I've reused a couple times since.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I think every game should have one new or rarely used role just for integration purposes, always nice to see what could work and what wouldn't work in future games.

One game I changed the roles around. So scummy roles were given to the town and townie roles were given to the scum.

The scumteam was a cop, a doc, and a jailor and the town was like night vig, miller, roleblocker, tracker and a bodyguard.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm still proud of my Bodyguard Jester from Pokemonfia. That's a role I've reused a couple times since.

Wasn't that in your dbz game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, that was a super fun role to play

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Best role I ever came up with: LP Jester.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
shoulda made it a miller godfather. "you would normally investigate as scum but because you're a godfather you'll investigate as town."

make them a reverse death miller, too.

the role I am most disappointed didn't get used in a game I ran was one I called an "Eradicator." They had the ability (after certain conditions were met) to erase someone's existence from the game. The player would be told they died, but they would not be flipped in-thread. Instead they'd be removed from the OP, and all references to them erased from my mod doc. Had they been brought up post-game I'd have played dumb. "Pinterest Mom never played this game."

Alas we do not live in the best of all possible worlds.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

the role I am most disappointed didn't get used in a game I ran was one I called an "Eradicator." They had the ability (after certain conditions were met) to erase someone's existence from the game. The player would be told they died, but they would not be flipped in-thread. Instead they'd be removed from the OP, and all references to them erased from my mod doc. Had they been brought up post-game I'd have played dumb. "Pinterest Mom never played this game."

My god that is incredible.

I want so much to do that now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Like, I would have used it instantly on night 1

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Like, I would have used it instantly on night 1

it had to be used twice in a row, but it got blocked by a white mage night 1 and the eradicator got executed day 2 :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you have a good and cool role, that person will die immediately.

In Star Trek DS9 I had a mason recruiter that I really liked in that they could make a new 2 person masonry every night. They died N1. I did get to use this role again though in TNG and Viva basically wove the entire town together through her masonries. It was great.

Also in Star Trek TNG Ernie had my favourite role which was a supercop (got the other person's role PM) but they also became unrequited lovers with that person so that if they died, Ernie would die, but if he died nothing bad would happen to them. For every investigation he'd gain a new lover. Ernie got shot like 3 hours into D1. I need to find a place for this role someday.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I am also a "I'm on my way! [but I only just walked out the door]" texter.

I am the worst, yes, yes.

same but "I'm on my way I just need to brush my teeth and put on pants and maybe have breakfast so I'll be there at like 2."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

If you have a good and cool role, that person will die immediately.

Or hiipfire will use the "all night actions fail" thing N0 and it'll turn into a slog of endless roleblocking afterwards and GODDAMMIT I LIKED THAT SETUP but it ran like rear end.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Magnus Gallant posted:

Did you make it known before hand that these were results and not an anonymous messenger?

they appeared as results in the same format as kills, e.g.

On Night 2, Magnus Gallant was filled full of lead!
On Night 2, Asiina was detected near Allen Wren.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

Oh that's cool.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EccoRaven posted:

shoulda made it a miller godfather. "you would normally investigate as scum but because you're a godfather you'll investigate as town."

that is amazing

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

I'm missing the first few I made but they'll still be in the thread

Some leaked out into other threads. You ended up making mine in the first page or two of the game I was running at the time.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Deadbeat Dad posted:

the XCOM II game that had the Loudmouth Watcher had a ton of experimental roles in it; it was pretty interesting IMO but i might be biased.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

It's official, I'm stressed out---I saw my name in this post and had an immediate reaction of OH GOD WHAT DID I DO WHY ARE THEY YELLING AT ME

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Allen Wren posted:

It's official, I'm stressed out---I saw my name in this post and had an immediate reaction of OH GOD WHAT DID I DO WHY ARE THEY YELLING AT ME

:cheers:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

That would work well in a time travel themed game.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Allen Wren posted:

I have a major beef with you.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Allen Wren posted:

Or hiipfire will use the "all night actions fail" thing N0 and it'll turn into a slog of endless roleblocking afterwards and GODDAMMIT I LIKED THAT SETUP but it ran like rear end.

sorry about that i thought it was a clever play but then i immediately regretted it

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

haha what game is this?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also tremendous taste's 93 player game had lumpen lightning rod n1

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

DuckHuntDog posted:

I have a major beef with you.

???

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ernie. posted: