Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

God drat Arash is hilarious in the 10 AP event. Just loving bomb Camelot to death in one go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voisk
May 9, 2013
Started up this game up yesterday. Figured I'd jump into the thread and pretend to be social.

Got this guy and used 4 of my special gems to roll for a special thing. It seems pretty good to me... But considering I got it so early on I had to kick half my party out to even use it.

http://imgur.com/a/Ca6yW

Also I've seen a few things regarding that "Red black Keys" or the triple sword card. Mostly just wondering if it's a common roll or something.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

That owns.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Voisk posted:

Started up this game up yesterday. Figured I'd jump into the thread and pretend to be social.

Got this guy and used 4 of my special gems to roll for a special thing. It seems pretty good to me... But considering I got it so early on I had to kick half my party out to even use it.

http://imgur.com/a/Ca6yW

Also I've seen a few things regarding that "Red black Keys" or the triple sword card. Mostly just wondering if it's a common roll or something.

Those black key craft essences are extremely common in the quartz gacha (to the point where people joke about getting them instead of useful things like 4/5 star servants).

Just to make sure I understand things correctly, attacks later in the attack chain do more damage, right? Like, if I use a card in the third slot it will do more than if I used it in the first slot (all other things equal)? I also just read on the wiki posted earlier that NPs are more effective if you use chain them together (to where having an NP be the second in the chain is the same as if you overcharged it to 200%)?

Voisk
May 9, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Those black key craft essences are extremely common in the quartz gacha (to the point where people joke about getting them instead of useful things like 4/5 star servants).

Just to make sure I understand things correctly, attacks later in the attack chain do more damage, right? Like, if I use a card in the third slot it will do more than if I used it in the first slot (all other things equal)? I also just read on the wiki posted earlier that NPs are more effective if you use chain them together (to where having an NP be the second in the chain is the same as if you overcharged it to 200%)?

Yeah those are both accurate. When you're laying out a combo you can see little arrows under each of the cards. More arrows to signify more damage. I've also personally experienced the stacking power for NPs.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ytlaya posted:

Just to make sure I understand things correctly, attacks later in the attack chain do more damage, right? Like, if I use a card in the third slot it will do more than if I used it in the first slot (all other things equal)?
Not sure if it does for Art and Quick card, but Buster card definitely will boost it.

First card in the chain also give a small boost to all the cards in the chain based on its effect, so the best combination if you have two buster card is to put it in 1 and 3 for damage.

Blue (Art): Boost NP charge rate
Red (Buster): Boost Damage
Green (Quick): Boost chance to get crit star

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Not sure if it does for Art and Quick card, but Buster card definitely will boost it.

First card in the chain also give a small boost to all the cards in the chain based on its effect, so the best combination if you have two buster card is to put it in 1 and 3 for damage.

Blue (Art): Boost NP charge rate
Red (Buster): Boost Damage
Green (Quick): Boost chance to get crit star

Huh, I didn't know about the first card having that effect. Also, I'm 100% sure that NP is boosted for cards later in the chain; I usually only get ~7% from a card first in the chain but average something more like 10% and 13% for the second and third respectively.

Even though I know quick cards are supposed to increase star rate, it doesn't seem to make any difference with my Gilgamesh (who is my main star generator). He seems to generate the same 3-5 stars per attack regardless of what the card is (he generates so many because he does 5 attacks per card). Regardless of what the cards are, if I do a brave chain with Gilgamesh I'll end up with like 13 stars. Obviously quick cards are still useful if you can get a quick chain with them, but I tend to avoid them otherwise.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

where do i exchange those goddamn medals

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
NPs are only boosted if there are multiple NPs in the chain. That said, if they're in a Buster Chain, they do get a boost from that.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

where do i exchange those goddamn medals

The shop is getting patched in tomorrow.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yeah, NP also benefits from the bonus and treated as the card of the same type.

Ytlaya posted:

Even though I know quick cards are supposed to increase star rate, it doesn't seem to make any difference with my Gilgamesh (who is my main star generator). He seems to generate the same 3-5 stars per attack regardless of what the card is (he generates so many because he does 5 attacks per card). Regardless of what the cards are, if I do a brave chain with Gilgamesh I'll end up with like 13 stars. Obviously quick cards are still useful if you can get a quick chain with them, but I tend to avoid them otherwise.
Yeah, Archer class are good at generating stars and Gilgamesh's multi attack makes him the best normal attack star generator. I also avoid quick chain since you need to build a team around it, but they supposively end up doing more damage than a buster team.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

I also avoid quick chain since you need to build a team around it, but they supposively end up doing more damage than a buster team.

I can see why they might be better than a buster team; when I get a quick chain I usually end up with enough stars to virtually guarantee between one and two crits in the next turn, and since the damage bonus from a crit is way higher than the damage bonus from a buster I could see it working out to more damage in the long term.

The problem is I don't have any good servants with a bunch of quick cards.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

The problem is I don't have any good servants with a bunch of quick cards.
Yeah, it's up to luck for getting quick team. I think i am close to it though, but nothing is challenging enough (beside interlude) to need more than berserker team. I rarely ever need my backrow. :black101:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm enjoying the game so far, but I feel like I still have no idea what I'm doing. Just beat the first storyline basically through abusing the use of high-level servants from the friends list. Here's the servants I've gotten so far:

Any advice on what kind of party config should I have?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I feel like I still have no idea what I'm doing. Just beat the first storyline basically through abusing the use of high-level servants from the friends list. Here's the servants I've gotten so far:

At your point, probably just whatever has the highest stats. By max level all servants will have stats comparable to other servants of the same star rating but some grow more earlier (you'll notice that some have far greater stat growth when you level them up). Speaking of leveling up you should probably run the low level XP dailies some, since all your guys seem to be level 1 and that's going to suck once you're fighting those obnoxious wvyerns in the next chapter.

Every servant you have seems to either have a linear or reverse S growth curve, so they should all have more or less comparable stats early on. So I would just go with whoever you think looks more interesting or has slightly better stats.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

PunkBoy posted:

Definitely keep Assassin in your party for France so he can wreck the poo poo out of dragons. Lancer-Cu is pretty solid and has a strong attack and his Battle Continuation should save you in tight spots. You might want to level up and ascend both Cu's (Lancer and Caster) so that you can unlock their Evade ability which will make them invulnerable for a few turns.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Compendium posted:

Definitely keep Assassin in your party for France so he can wreck the poo poo out of dragons. Lancer-Cu is pretty solid and has a strong attack and his Battle Continuation should save you in tight spots. You might want to level up and ascend both Cu's (Lancer and Caster) so that you can unlock their Evade ability which will make them invulnerable for a few turns.

Is it true that Cu's evade lasts 3 turns (and if so do any other servants also have that ability)? Because that seems ridiculously good; against very strong enemies it's more or less equivalent to having like 6000 extra HP or something.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ytlaya posted:

Is it true that Cu's evade lasts 3 turns (and if so do any other servants also have that ability)? Because that seems ridiculously good; against very strong enemies it's more or less equivalent to having like 6000 extra HP or something.

Yeah, it's 3 turns and defense is increased for 3 turns. He may not be Elizabeth, but Cu is a drat fine Lancer. Prototype Lancer also has Evade/defense increase for 3 turns, but no Battle Continuation. Still, I would say they're a step above Romulus who can heal himself and has a decent AOE NP, but his normal attacks aren't as solid.

Other Servants that have an Evade skill is Heracles and EMIYA, but theirs only lasts one turn. Hassan's Evade is 3 turns though.

I'm sticking with my new second account since I have Nero hell yeah.

edit; although this reminds me that now that I'm using this new account, I'll have to try a lot of times to roll for Lancer Cu (or Prototype) because the FP roll sucks :negative:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

e: Maxed out Nero essence at last.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 23, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

No, Protection from Arrows's Evade lasts three uses. It will last more than 3 turns if he doesn't get hit enough, it will last a single turn if he's along and everybody attacks him. Same with Hassan's Protection from Wind.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6110-Fate-Grand-Order-Gameplay-Profiles
I put the skill descriptions and numerical effects here, including handy pictures so you can tell what's what.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Careful on the last round of the new 40-pointer. Those three Servants? They're just three of SEVEN. The second of three contains Gilgamesh, so I'd save your NPs for him if I were you.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

-Troika- posted:

Careful on the last round of the new 40-pointer. Those three Servants? They're just three of SEVEN. The second of three contains Gilgamesh, so I'd save your NPs for him if I were you.

Gilgamesh isn't that bad, the real danger is Nero, who shows up last.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Freak Futanari posted:

I'd say Gilgamesh IS that bad since he charges his NP in 3 turns and it will one shot your entire party. Nero takes a bit longer even if she has 74k HP so you can just burst her down.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

you have to gently caress her up asap though since she keeps healing and buffing herself

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The healing isn't that big of a deal. It's mabye 3000 a round.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

Gilgamesh certainly is bad if you don't kill him within 3 turns and he has the chance to use Enuma Elish (which completely wiped my party).

I used my three command seal revive (which is totally ridiculous and basically a win button; it also gives all your servants full NP bars!) on my second try of that level and am not ashamed of it; I quickly realized that I would have to be unbelievably lucky given my current party in order to win normally; they would have to avoid attacking Gilgamesh and a support Arturia (my two heavy hitters) for a really long time. I also had trouble with Carmilla, who would often charge her NP super fast with one of her skills and then hit someone for literally 30,000 damage. Part of what made the level difficult is that there was only one round before the final round; normally I use the first two rounds charging Gilgamesh's and Arturia's Noble Phantasms, but 1 usually isn't enough unless I'm lucky enough to get an arts chain.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

:getin:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

*screams*

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*looks again, screams louder*

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
WHY CAN'T CCC BE IN ENGLISH SO I CAN MARRY YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Sorry, I... lost my composure there for a moment.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

alcharagia posted:

WHY CAN'T CCC BE IN ENGLISH SO I CAN MARRY YOU

There's a blog translating most of it. It seems awkward at first to switch between the game and the blog, but you get used to it pretty fast.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What blog is that? I'm going through /Extra, so that would be handy if I can pick up CCC afterward.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

What blog is that? I'm going through /Extra, so that would be handy if I can pick up CCC afterward.

Here: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/

The person unfortunately seems to have stopped translated it right before the last dungeon of the game, but it's still enjoyable to play through the rest.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I rolled Lancelot using the apology quartz :toot:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I picked up Fate/EXTRA again after not playing for forever, anyone remeber how to get you servant to attack on the map?

EDIT: NVM I just realized it's actually an equip.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 24, 2015

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
In other non FGO news, I've been slowly reading through Mahoyo, and goddamn, the entirety of chapter 5.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

taser rates posted:

In other non FGO news, I've been slowly reading through Mahoyo, and goddamn, the entirety of chapter 5.

In Japanese, in some other language, or did an English translation come out when I wasn't looking?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

In Japanese, in some other language, or did an English translation come out when I wasn't looking?

In japanese, yea. Last I heard, the English patch was still stuck in editing or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
Some crazy people on youtube actually went and made a working Excalibur replica, meaning it can actually be used as a real sword and isn't just a prop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vcVmGb_ff4