Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Dragongem posted:

I'm level 60 now! I'm so confused, there's all these new quests with sub equipment and urgents and all that.

Any tips as I ascend into the higher levels? When do I get into the endgame and what should I be thinking about?

Also how is the goon guild? I'm in some random guild with my brother but it's mostly just a rewards sink. Is there an active contingent?

urgents are randomly generated quests you get as a stopgap if you finish all available epic quests before unlocking the next ones. Sadly they give such bad xp it's not worth leaving more efficient dungeons. The sub equip (and later magic stone) quests unlock new equipment slots, so do them as you get them. They have steep nihilistic stone costs, but stones are pretty cheap on the AH these days.

the best tip is probably an efficient leveling route:

61 supply camp
62 final pursuit
63-67 hardt
67 oceanic epics/unlock magic stone slot
68-74 pursuit
74-77 timegate epics
77-83 timebreak
83-85 slote

note that this skips a few dungeons, which you can check out, but it skips them for a reason. :v: We haven't got the big lategame leveling revamp yet, so it's pretty much a wasteland of chain-running special dungeons.

you start unlocking a lot of the endgame aspects at 70: otherverse, tower of despair, and ancients. Ancients in particular absolutely flood your questlog, but there's no real rush to get started. They all get much easier/faster at 85. Doing the entry epic questline to learn OV and getting started on tower are all I'd do before hitting cap.

the goon guild is dead silent mornings and late night, but quite active during normal PST-EST hours.

Revdomezehis posted:

The XP grind is going to get even easier? Thought the only XP thing in the future is the new quest layout where you run each dungeon section once only. If the grind itself is going to get easier, well then.

That grind is certainly a long way from where it started in the Nexon NA days.

ya this patch remakes almost every lategame dungeon. Early timegate dungeons reward over 1m xp on high difficulty rushes (for reference they give about 150k right now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

and those revamps are from a may patch; this patch is the one that redesigns huge chunks of the game (scenario dungeons, etc). It just rolled out in kDnF though, so a ways off for us.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wonder if we're getting anything new tomorrow. Thief subclasses or Noble Sky seem like the obvious possibilities?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
The only translated content left for them to unlock in our client is Anton, priest 2nds, kunoichi, and some 84 dungeons I know nothing about

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's Kurun-Moon I assume, a short set of 3 gimmicky Special dungeons. One of them is apparently ?okay? for gold farming, and another one is for Powerful Energies. Also there's a Magic Stone Bead that gives +5 to all Elemetnal Damage.

What was next after this client version, F.Gunner 2nd? F.Slayer rework? Timegate revamp?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I believe the FIRST time gate and antwyr revamps are next, then some class balance before antwyr/oceanic/time gate get revamped again

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Uuuugh I remember watching that. That random miss is heart-rending. That soul bender did some real work with the opportunity. His movement afterwards is flawless.

That whole video is a classic; the entire tournament was really good.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yeah, that bender is phenomenal in all his matches.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

haha that grap got 100% robbed, stucking the pivotal hit in WCS after a combo that wasn't even particularly high damage. Amazing composure from the bender though to get right in his face with ghostwalk and not take a single point of chip.

reminds me of this match from a year earlier; one for the grappler fans! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciX5itcCTAg&t=37m

at game 3, on the verge of getting all-killed, fat grappler reverse all-kills with a pixel of health remaining

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

- You'll start to get daily quests in Ghent and Oceanic Express, including ones that require you to party. These quests will give you much needed quest XP, and also Nihilistic Stone Fragments. You will need over a thousand of these stone fragments per-character, they are used to unlock new sub equipment slots, certain titles which you need for Title Book Upgrades, and a couple of Epic quests (don't recall if they are all optional or not, but some are to unlock certain Epic quests or dungeons). You can also use them to upgrade your Account Safe instead of paying $$. So, do these quests every day while they are applicable. They'll help you advance in levels and you need the stones anyway. Find a buddy to do the party quests with, they're worth it.

If I'm in IRC at the time, feel free to poke me for these. I'm focusing on grinding my Asura to 85 (about 40% from 83 atm) but I have a 75 Avenger and 66 fgrap, both of whom are woefully neglected and I'm happy to help someone using one/both to burn through ghent, or ghent+express in the Avenger's case, to get fragments and help people avoid as much awful ghent grind as possible.

I'd also add this: If you're currently leveling any of the 2nd awakening classes save all of your XP pills for when you get to Ghent if you want to cut down on the early grind. Being able to pop a pill or two to skip some early grind in Ghent is far more useful than popping the pill in your 30s or 40s when it's basically a waste. The pills from the event don't expire for awhile so unless I'm overlooking a restriction on them somewhere there's no reason not to save them as long as possible so they can be as big as help as possible.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Has anyone posted this gem yet? Because this should be mandatory watching when discussing this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30oaBxsKoFE

It's also why Witch is the best class to play.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Has anyone posted this gem yet? Because this should be mandatory watching when discussing this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30oaBxsKoFE

It's also why Witch is the best class to play.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A LINK INTO YOUTUBE. IT’S ASH'S WITCH WORKOUT VOLUME 1 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, FLASHITO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WOO SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WHITE TIGER NPC OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE PVP CONNECTION PROBLEMS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE ANNOTATIONS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 4 MINUTES INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
oh no

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So here's the latest PvE mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1boqFygV1wI

If they ever update DFO this far, this is by far the easiest leveling game. It's pretty brain dead straight forward leveling due to it being the lowest difficulty setting. The various layout makes it somewhat more interesting depending on the dungeon but stuff still dies really quickly.

Note that the majority of the EXP is not from the dungeon, but rather the quests. It's hard to tell in the video but:

You're getting a gently caress ton of EXP.

You actually end up being ahead of the recommended dungeon most of the time until you hit Power Station. It goes back to normal grind once you hit 82~83, so the last few levels are the only ones that are a pain.

The issue with these later dungeon revamps and EXP changes is that they also rewrote the story several times. I have no idea if they will translate every version of the story or try to jump straight into the latest one. Either way, you guys probably won't be seeing this for awhile. I think newer 2nd awakens and character balances have a higher chance than this.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Miracle Reinforcement Party
Craft Master
Conquer the Interdimensional Space
Everyday DFO!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

New Events:

Lost Treasures get an update, the grimoires are gone. Now it's reinforcement/refinement protection tickets that stop your weapon being blown up at +10 or higher failures. NPCable for 15mil.

Craft Master event is centered around professions. Each profession gets a craftable Legendary sub-equip at level 9. Profession mastery will level up faster during the event. Also, new items added to each profession:

Everyday DFO daily check-ins are back. Rewards include life tokens, creature food, growth potions, contract boxes, kaleido boxes, transcendent stones, and the weekly clear rewards have safe/inventory upgrades and clone/emblem boxes.

Tau Kingdom is back. Looks like you can get 1%, 10%, and 50% exp capsules, as well as a quest clearance ticket, in limited quantities. No mention of whether they hemorrhage awakening mats still or not.

Miracle Reinforcement Event a public reinforcement anvil. Get people to watch you try to +13 your Epic revolver and get a higher success chance the more people who are watching. Only applies up to +13.

Additionally, watching will give you miracle shards, which you can use to buy things.

Channel 11 during select times on Thursday, Friday and Saturday has reinforcement success rate increases.

Plus, a consolation prize. If you fail a reinforcement above a certain level and blow up your weapon, you get a ticket for +x, where X is level -2, so fail a +13 and you get a +11 ticket for your next attempt.

Finally, Interdimensional Rift event. Lots of stuff about this one and I have to go, so just read it here. http://www.dfoneople.com/news/events/Conquer-the-Interdimensional-Space

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Also the last Blind Deal box is a random Blind Deal box from before.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

This reinforcement event is going to break me.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
So the profession event's deal is that each of the legendary sub-equips changes the % number from whatever it was to 15%.

Honestly, the 15% to double your output is kinda insane.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Thanks for the higher level advice!

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Went big, crashed and burned, became broke paying the recovery fee for my Raging Herc.

Worth it though. poo poo's exciting.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nethertribes posted:

Also the last Blind Deal box is a random Blind Deal box from before.

I got a second loving stack of ice tiger capsules. rip

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Are transcendence stones in the cera shop now?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

No, the cash shop hasn't changed with this patch. The only transcendence stones in it are the monthly box for $2, if you didn't already buy it.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Welp. Time to break the bank on my SM.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Turns out all the things that get made from the recipes last until Jan. 1st and are infinite to use. Includes 2 APCs, a Sacred Blessings, and Disassemblers that get you more Demon Eyes.

EDIT: Turns out the transformation potion that Alchemists can create aren't infinite use.

Nethertribes fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 22, 2015

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Goddamnit, I just broke a +12 lv60 purple knuckle not but a few days ago that could been a free +10 ticket. These events are starting to irritate me.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I logged in and count as attended, but I don't see where you actually claim the item? I didn't get anything mailed to me or added to my inventory. Also, lol at "total attendacne".

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Watching people blow up their epics is really entertaining for some reason.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Haha, they just added the car smashing bonus level from Street Fighter.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Green Dam posted:

Watching people blow up their epics is really entertaining for some reason.

There is nothing wrong with this event, at all.

Also to all asuras; it's effortless to get good times on the interdimensional thing by activating the fever by just spamming your normal poo poo, and run out the fever meter with nothing but ice wave. Don't bother with murderous wave, it's not worth the time. Wave Radiation, Ice wave, Fire wave, Neutral wave, the EX abilities if you have them, keep chaining. Then just ice wave all day. I got 23 seconds on my first try, and got it down to 18 seconds with an unupgraded amulet.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Wow, that item that gives you free repairs could save you a ton of gold in the long term.

Edit: Interdimensional strat for mechanics: GAEBOL-GAEBOL-GAE-G-GAEBOLG PUNCH

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 23, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Black Balloon posted:

I feel like I'm watching mental illness in real time.

It's kind of fun.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Anonymous Robot posted:

Wow, that item that gives you free repairs could save you a ton of gold in the long term.

Edit: Interdimensional strat for mechanics: GAEBOL-GAEBOL-GAE-G-GAEBOLG PUNCH

Vagabond's buddha palm is hilarious to spam, it's like some fist of the north star poo poo.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

ELFBLENDER

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utTmtExGCl8

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I played this game a bit a few years ago, and it feels like I'm leveling up way faster, after three days of play I'm already at level 29.

Still have no idea on what to do beyond doing quests, leveling up and getting more skills.

Also, tried doing Forgotten Lands the moment I turned 25 and got absolutely wrecked by everything in there. Somehow managed to kill the Octopus boss but I think I used about 8 life coins doing it.

Also also, who's bright idea was it to let you become an alchemist at level 20 but not use any of the health potions you make until you're level 35 36? :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Black Balloon posted:

Also to all asuras; it's effortless to get good times on the interdimensional thing by activating the fever by just spamming your normal poo poo, and run out the fever meter with nothing but ice wave. Don't bother with murderous wave, it's not worth the time. Wave Radiation, Ice wave, Fire wave, Neutral wave, the EX abilities if you have them, keep chaining. Then just ice wave all day. I got 23 seconds on my first try, and got it down to 18 seconds with an unupgraded amulet.

Yeah don't be me, the dummy who burns ice/fire/glacial/magma wave while droppping 2nd awakenings and not realizing he's horribly wasting the fever bar by using these skills. Ended up with 40ish seconds as my best. Though that's far better than the 2+ minutes I kept getting on my 66 fgrap or the ~1:30 my 75 avenger gets.. :saddowns:

Nethertribes posted:

Turns out all the things that get made from the recipes last until Jan. 1st and are infinite to use. Includes 2 APCs, a Sacred Blessings, and Disassemblers that get you more Demon Eyes.

EDIT: Turns out the transformation potion that Alchemists can create aren't infinite use.

Can you confirm the Demon Eyes one is infinite use? I made the Meteor disassembler and it was gone after a single use (and gave me 10 gold cube frags instead of meteors).

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
The most fun I've had on Interdimensional Space so far is a tie between infinite Hell March on M Mech or infinite Astral Storms on Ele

although spamming glacial wave sword is pretty drat fun on asura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Checking to see if I somehow missed this--are growing weapons like Dragon/Phoenix weapons not eligible for Open Reinforcement? I have a +10 Dragon weapon, and the only extra thing on it is a couple of extra stats from the Sharan event a few months back.

edit: I'm going to guess it's because it doesn't have a fixed weapon level? I'm 77

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 23, 2015

• Locked thread