Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Aramoro posted:

I'm hoping for something like this for him.

very rugbishonen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Super rugby: Eddie Jones has been confirmed as Stormers coach :getin:

I reckon that All Blacks lineup will have absolutely no problem putting 80+ on Namibia, if they want to. France-Romania and Argentina-Georgia will also be blow outs, but probably nothing like that magnitude.

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Are the world cup matches shown on major stations or put on in bars etc. in the US at all (specifically New England)? I've inconveniently booked my honeymoon for the first two weeks of October but if at all possible would like to watch at least some of the matches live... might we have to take our laptop and see if our hotel wifi will let us stream?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure you can find some hole of an Irish Pub that will be showing it. They turn up everywhere.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

The Clit Avoider posted:

Super rugby: Eddie Jones has been confirmed as Stormers coach :getin:

Going to be fun coaching JdV--is he still going to be playing there?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

goatface posted:

I'm sure you can find some hole of an Irish Pub that will be showing it. They turn up everywhere.

I watched a good chunk of the 2011 World Cup in an Irish pub at the bottom of Manhattan. If you're in that area I can look back at my notes and work out which one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They're showing it in a little sports bar in Key West where my fiancé's family are, so I'm sure you'll be able to find a place showing it. Doesn't sound like its uncommon anyway.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
England have apparently dropped Ford for the Wales game.

Farrell-Barritt-Burgess 10-12. :barf:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What. The. gently caress.

aversion
Mar 4, 2004

fighting visual crime
Fantastic job with the OP.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

tarbrush posted:

HAHAHAHA so wonderful

Can't wait to see what England do for Australia.

OTOH England may just think Wales has lost too many players to be a serious threat, which honestly is not that bad a theory under which to operate.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Joseph is injured as well, well he's listed as doubtful so not sure if we'll see him back later in the competition.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Aramoro posted:

Joseph is injured as well, well he's listed as doubtful so not sure if we'll see him back later in the competition.

If he is, England have no chance.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Has Burgess done anything decent yet?

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Apollodorus posted:

Going to be fun coaching JdV--is he still going to be playing there?

We'll see - odds point to yes, currently.

He's supposed to be retiring from Springbok selection (although tbh, I doubt he'll need to make himself unavailable).
One thing to remember is that although he's an elder statesman no matter what, he's currently playing after having his jaw wired shut for weeks and dropping 6-8kg in weight; so he appears a lot more frail than usual. It's a real problem when he's usually the man to crash the ball from the middle.

I mean, a large part of the Bok's problems against against Japan was the complete lack of plan B. Everything relied on expansive moves from the backs - no crash ball, except when forwards dropped in, and everything was about possession rather than position (which is uh, antithesis to SA rugby: usually it is possession & position, or position & pressure). JdV has usually been the man who decides what's happening past 10, and he didn't seem to be making many, if any, calls to impose himself. And he got the big ones (kick for points/tries) wrong. Not enough rugby...

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Right time for a :toxx:

If Scotland don't win today I will change my avatar on Friday to the most offensively anime thing I can find and declare my undying love for Japan.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

WMain00 posted:

Right time for a :toxx:

If Scotland don't win today I will change my avatar on Friday to the most offensively anime thing I can find and declare my undying love for Japan.

So presumably if your love for Japan is undying, you will never change your avatar back?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

fallingdownjoe posted:

So presumably if your love for Japan is undying, you will never change your avatar back?

I won't change it back until Scotland win a game in the six nations.

So who knows, that might be a long time!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

The Clit Avoider posted:

I mean, a large part of the Bok's problems against against Japan was the complete lack of plan B. Everything relied on expansive moves from the backs - no crash ball, except when forwards dropped in, and everything was about possession rather than position (which is uh, antithesis to SA rugby: usually it is possession & position, or position & pressure). JdV has usually been the man who decides what's happening past 10, and he didn't seem to be making many, if any, calls to impose himself. And he got the big ones (kick for points/tries) wrong. Not enough rugby...

Yeah, exactly. But let's give Japan credit - they (specifically Eddie Jones) knew that SA were going to play like that, and specifically targeted the Boks' gameplan to deny them the opportunity to play their game. And in the process, they played some thrilling, crowd-pleasing rugby in which the fact that they kicked a bunch of points didn't seem to undermine the exciting nature of their play.

Holy poo poo that game was so good, I feel like I need to watch it again.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Getting excited for this. Paddy power still have Scotland with a -16 handicap, I think they're more than capable of scoring but taking Japan at those odds is surely free money.

Could see a fair few tries going in but I reckon Japan can do it. Sorry Scots goons but Japan in the knockouts is just too good to miss! also anime avatars

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

goddammit I'm at work and don't want to go on sketchy streams ;(

e; if anyone has a stream on a webpage with plausible deniability I'd be much obliged

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 23, 2015

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

God the itv coverage intro music is shite

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Still a half hour to sort out cuppas and nibbles. (Sort out your cuppa and nibbles)

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Win or lose, I just want Scotland to not look like total garbage.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Never thought I'd say it but Gloucester is looking really good

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Build up to Japan v Scotland, Inverdale asks about Ford being left out of the England team.

gently caress off Inverdale.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

The ITV coverage hasn't been as bad as I was expecting, that isn't to say it's been good. It's been better than the football World Cup coverage but then you can make anything better by removing Adrian Chiles from it.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Scotland seem determined to start with a bang.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

rejutka posted:

Still a half hour to sort out cuppas and nibbles. (Sort out your cuppa and nibbles)

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Dipsies, nice.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Holy poo poo

E: perfect maul

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Lovely

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
gently caress yeah mauling Japanese style

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Haha

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Smooth

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The Japanese have an excellent maul holy poo poo

yes I found a way to watch this

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The ref remind anyone else of Joey Tribbiani?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

rejutka posted:

The ref remind anyone else of Joey Tribbiani?

hahahaha

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Scotland are BOOOOOORING. Go Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat