Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Posting Refurb and Tycho is hardly fair.
:3:

You need to work up to them, not just dial the knob to 11. Now there's nowhere to go and they'll be as cheered up as they're gonna get :colbert:.

The solution is obviously more gifs of Tycho and Refurb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The solution is obviously more gifs of Tycho and Refurb.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib

mick ohio posted:

Request for adorable grumpy animals / animals annoying each other.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

And that's how baby frogs are made.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Clickbaity article that was sent to me, but:
https://www.thedodo.com/man-builds-dog-train-for-rescued-pups-1362467342.html

80 year old guy takes care of a dogs that are abandoned on/near his property. Occasionally carts them around town via tractor in a dog train that he built for them.

Gonna guess lead dog is enjoying itself.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This thread is still for uplifting as well as cute stuff right?

Because it's just been announced that they've successfully transplanted rats with lab-grown kidneys.

This is huge. huge.

I read the article and started hyperventilating. I told my mom and she started crying. This is huge, you guys.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Big fan of rats?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Big fan of kidney transplant breakthroughs. I'm disabled from kidney failure (a genetic condition I was born with). I've had three transplants so far. I'm on dialysis for the third time in my life. If this technology continues to advance to successful human trials in a few years, it can save thousands upon thousands of lives relying on other people to match and donate. Plus it means a HUGE reduction in need for immunosuppressants that make your life a living hell but keep you from losing your kidney transplant and dying. Kidneys are one of the hardest yet most commonly needed transplant organs. This is such a big deal, I can't stress it enough.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Choco1980 posted:

Big fan of kidney transplant breakthroughs. I'm disabled from kidney failure (a genetic condition I was born with). I've had three transplants so far. I'm on dialysis for the third time in my life. If this technology continues to advance to successful human trials in a few years, it can save thousands upon thousands of lives relying on other people to match and donate. Plus it means a HUGE reduction in need for immunosuppressants that make your life a living hell but keep you from losing your kidney transplant and dying. Kidneys are one of the hardest yet most commonly needed transplant organs. This is such a big deal, I can't stress it enough.
Well your enthusiasm certainly has me on board! I'm glad to hear progress is being made.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Holy poo poo, yeah I'd say that's important. :stare:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Dis guy:

Edit: sorry, phone posting.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Sep 23, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Who's an adorable table-breaker! You are, yes you are!

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

This is the best dog I've ever seen and I don't even think it has an Instagram

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Baby Red Panda at the Detroit Zoo

The baby's name is Tofu :3:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Norse Code posted:

If MGSV ever gets modded, this guys needs to be a skin for D-Dog. He's equal parts :3: and :black101:.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Norse Code posted:

OI MATE! If it ain't Scottish, It's CRAAAP! :scotland:

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.

Norse Code posted:

Apparently, her name is Harriet.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Zero One posted:

It's face-to-head ratio is crazy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Tony Phillips posted:

Clickbaity article that was sent to me, but:
https://www.thedodo.com/man-builds-dog-train-for-rescued-pups-1362467342.html

80 year old guy takes care of a dogs that are abandoned on/near his property. Occasionally carts them around town via tractor in a dog train that he built for them.

Gonna guess lead dog is enjoying itself.

The cart that's two tiny dogs really turns it into something magical.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Zero One posted:

It's dangerous to call him tofu because I just wanna eat him up :kimchi:

... Unlike actual tofu.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Norse Code posted:

It's like they Just For Men'd his body and forgot his head. "Ay mate, yer scruff is ruff!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Choco1980 posted:

Seriously, best of luck mate.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Cincinnati Zoo also has a baby red panda, but this 3 month old is named Bailey

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Choco1980 posted:

This thread is still for uplifting as well as cute stuff right?

Because it's just been announced that they've successfully transplanted rats with lab-grown kidneys.

This is huge. huge.

I read the article and started hyperventilating. I told my mom and she started crying. This is huge, you guys.

Thanks for this.

I sent this to my mom, who has Poly-Cystic Kidney Disease (don't wiki this if you're squeamish) and received a donor kidney last August. It was kind of old hat for her as 4 of her 5 brothers and sisters (my aunts and uncles) received kidneys before her due to PCKD. I'm interested to see how she reacts to the news because I've got PCKD and it's likely my sister does too but we're, hopefully, decades away from needing transplants. This'll be good news for that side of the family!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

BlackIronHeart posted:

Thanks for this.

I sent this to my mom, who has Poly-Cystic Kidney Disease (don't wiki this if you're squeamish) and received a donor kidney last August. It was kind of old hat for her as 4 of her 5 brothers and sisters (my aunts and uncles) received kidneys before her due to PCKD. I'm interested to see how she reacts to the news because I've got PCKD and it's likely my sister does too but we're, hopefully, decades away from needing transplants. This'll be good news for that side of the family!

High Five PCKD buddy. There's actually many versions of it that all go under the one umbrella. I could say I spontaneously developed medulary cystic kidney disease with no family history, but it still falls under PCKD. Good luck, and let's hope this method is viable in a few years when they get to humans, because it'll save so, so, SO many lives.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Norse Code posted:

Holy poo poo this dog is awesome.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Norse Code posted:

That dog must spend all of it's time in a dark pub, pipe in hand while rambling about The War.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I love it how baby red pandas are indistinguishable from adult ones except by size. They don't grow up, they just grow! :kimchi:

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

:kimchi:

Holy poo poo, Harriet is a great name for that little dog.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The Milwaukee zoo has a new baby Giraffe, and there is video.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/sep/22/giraffe-calf-born-in-milwaukee-zoo-video

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
stilt baby :kimchi:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Norse Code posted:

I'll be disappointed if this dog doesn't sound like Billy Connolly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTBKaLpIXM

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
But what kind of dog sounds like Brian Blessed, I wonder?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

After finding out out it's a lady-dog, I can unsee the witch from Black Crystal:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Anoia posted:

Chow chow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_Chow

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Anoia posted:

I vote Tibetan mastiff.

Sadly, I'm phone posting, so I can't link pics, but a Google image search will enhance your life.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

After finding out out it's a lady-dog, I can unsee the witch from Black Crystal:

I blows my mind that they gave her nipples. I mean, surely several people at Jim Hensons workshop would have to have signed off on every puppet. And no one objected.

FouRPlaY
May 5, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I vote Tibetan mastiff.

Sadly, I'm phone posting, so I can't link pics, but a Google image search will enhance your life.

I Googled and got this:

I should have just gone straight to Wikipedia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

FouRPlaY posted:

I Googled and got this:

Are you sure that one isn't some kind of dog-lion crossbreed? So fuzzy. :3:

• Locked thread