Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

noirstronaut posted:

do you guys think jivjov uses a butterknife to put peanut butter on his crackers or just scoops it out the jar

He seems more like the ants on a log type, in which case knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Holy heck, why did I only just find out about Samurai Chronicles 3?!

I'm such a huge KOEI fan, and I missed it! Then again, I'm terrible about following game hype, and it seems to be an eshop only release??

So, how is it? I mean, I might end up impulse buying it before anyone responds, but I'd still love some input.

Edit: Looking at some reviews, I'm surprised to see mediocre reviews all around, so I'll wait before impulse buying...

Morter fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 22, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's fine, I played the Vita version but I assume the 3DS is the same with a few less guys on screen. It's more concerned with the adventures of your CAW character than the actual historical battles of the mainline series but otherwise plays pretty much the same, in fact it's better in some respects because it still has some vestige of challenge and you get four people to control per stage rather than two.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I'd imagine any Warriors fan to be used to seeing their games get constant mediocre reviews, the gaming press overall isn't a big fan of them. You already know if you like the games or not.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Original_Z posted:

I'd imagine any Warriors fan to be used to seeing their games get constant mediocre reviews, the gaming press overall isn't a big fan of them. You already know if you like the games or not.

No you're right, i'll certainly like the gameplay, but a lot of things are blaming 3DS mechanics. I don't know if that just means 'it's not pretty enough', or if it means 'there's enough slowdown and lack of enemies on screen to make this not as fun'.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of September 24):

Where's 3D Sonic 2, Sega. Give me the thing.

I own at least six different copies of Sonic 2 and I'm still stupidly excited about it. There's been no news at all, has there?

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing

Morter posted:

Holy heck, why did I only just find out about Samurai Chronicles 3?!

I'm such a huge KOEI fan, and I missed it! Then again, I'm terrible about following game hype, and it seems to be an eshop only release??

So, how is it? I mean, I might end up impulse buying it before anyone responds, but I'd still love some input.

Edit: Looking at some reviews, I'm surprised to see mediocre reviews all around, so I'll wait before impulse buying...

The 3DS version, compared to the Vita version, does have a bit of slowdown, but that's probably because I'm on a regular 3DS. I've heard any issues the game really has go away if you play on a New. Otherwise, it's still a really fun game, Vita or 3DS, and I recommend it either way.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Morter posted:

No you're right, i'll certainly like the gameplay, but a lot of things are blaming 3DS mechanics. I don't know if that just means 'it's not pretty enough', or if it means 'there's enough slowdown and lack of enemies on screen to make this not as fun'.

I never experienced any slowdown or other issues mentioned in reviews. Either I can't tell what pepper on wet paper looks like or it's designed to work best on a New 3DS, which I think a lot of reviewers may not have used.

If you like Warriors games, it's a blast.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A little advice guys. I tried to add some funds at my account using my credit card but I got error 026-7512 and my card was rejected but I still was charged. What the hell happened?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A little advice guys. I tried to add some funds at my account using my credit card but I got error 026-7512 and my card was rejected but I still was charged. What the hell happened?

It might just be only the authorization went through and it will go away in a few days and you won't be charged. If it doesn't, then I would contact Nintendo before the bank.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

In the past that would happen to me if I had recently changed my credit card address. When I would use the new zip code it would charge but not work, the old zip would still work. I called my bank one time, the other time it sorted it self out before I had to call.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DuckHuntDog posted:

It might just be only the authorization went through and it will go away in a few days and you won't be charged. If it doesn't, then I would contact Nintendo before the bank.

Gotcha, I'll wait a few days to see what happens. Thanks.

Spacebump posted:

In the past that would happen to me if I had recently changed my credit card address. When I would use the new zip code it would charge but not work, the old zip would still work. I called my bank one time, the other time it sorted it self out before I had to call.

That's the weird thing, I've had the card for more than a year now without any changes at my adress. The only thing of note is that I haven't used before on the Eshop (I've only used prepaid cards) but the card was accepted on the PSN without any fuss.

Dammit Nintendo I want to give you my money :arghfist::saddowns:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You may have.

Also I thought you would have already had Senran 2 by now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Anora posted:

You may have.

I do, is for the DLC :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we're never getting zero mission

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Anora posted:

You may have.

Nothing will stop a true fan from attaining their Life and Hometown. :heysexy:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've been playing the Picross E series and I've cleared all the normal Picross puzzles in 1-4 without using hints and am working through 5 currently, but I just can't wrap my head around MegaPicross. Anyone have any tips?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I've been playing the Picross E series and I've cleared all the normal Picross puzzles in 1-4 without using hints and am working through 5 currently, but I just can't wrap my head around MegaPicross. Anyone have any tips?

MegaPicross loving sucks, and you can intuit some of the lesser ones by counting spaces between rows, but once it goes into the bigger numbers it becomes way more trouble than it's worth. It's where I dropped the series, they just aren't very good Picross games.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

MegaPicross loving sucks, and you can intuit some of the lesser ones by counting spaces between rows, but once it goes into the bigger numbers it becomes way more trouble than it's worth. It's where I dropped the series, they just aren't very good Picross games.

Ok, so it's not just me. Luckily it looks like they wised up and let you choose between Mega and regular for each puzzle in e6.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Mega Picross is great, but it requires a different sort of thinking.

What tripped me up fo a while was that I didn't realize that the small numbers on rows with the big numbers can't connect with small numbers on the neighboring row. So if you fill in any of those blocks you can cross out the same blocks in the neighboring rows.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Are we expecting any cool sales or anything tomorrow in the US? Because I've got a chunk of eshop credit burning a hole in my wallet and the poo poo I want never goes on sale, but it would absolutely do so if I bought it the night before.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
We're getting the Ignition Factor tomorrow (although I wish it were The Firemen)

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jW2zu1U3PFvTzPRRYzUdP6IXfli-C8OM

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Fix posted:

Are we expecting any cool sales or anything tomorrow in the US? Because I've got a chunk of eshop credit burning a hole in my wallet and the poo poo I want never goes on sale, but it would absolutely do so if I bought it the night before.

poo poo's already on sell yo. Etrian Odyssey Untold is on sale for 14.99$. I would recommend it if you haven't picked it up by now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Already got it.

E: What I really need is some games that have got single-cart download play, so I can get some games going with my nephew. Preferably ESRB E10 or below.

Fix fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 24, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fix posted:

Already got it.

E: What I really need is some games that have got single-cart download play, so I can get some games going with my nephew. Preferably ESRB E10 or below.

Luigi's Mansion, but it's not on sale.

That's the only one I can think of. It feels like they kind of abandoned the single-cart multiplayer in the 3DS.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Tetris Ultimate?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I thought MK7 had single-cart play. Kirby Triple Deluxe maybe?

I think the 3ds Mario Party lets you do the whole drat game on a single cart.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Fix posted:

Already got it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_Local_Multiplayer_gamesStandouts from this list:
Mario Kart, Mario Party Island Tour, Starfox 64 3D, Streetfighter IV, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Kirby's Triple Deluxe. Some are kinda limited (Re: Shy Guy only on Mario Kart, Ryu only on SSF4), but otherwise they are great!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
The stupid amount of accessory customization has given me this stupid idea.

Big Boss Homura :3:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Morter posted:

The stupid amount of accessory customization has given me this stupid idea.

Big Boss Homura :3:

Lol

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That looks exactly like Big Boss

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Help Im Alive posted:

That looks exactly like Big Boss

Do you know how many more sales MGS5 would get if Big Boss was really a heavy-chested ninja high-schooler? :allears:

But no if 'character customization/dress-up' is your thing, I'd suggest looking into SK2

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 1):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    1001 Spikes - €14.99 / £13.49
    Toto Temple Deluxe - €8.99 / £6.99
    Pumped BMX+ - €8.49 / £6.49 until October 15, normally €9.99 / £7.99
    Race the Sun - €9.99 / £6.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Medabots: Metabee (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Medabots: Rokusho (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Family Tennis SP (Wii U eShop) - €3.70 / £2.99 until October 1
    Paper Monsters Recut (Wii U eShop) - €3.19 / £2.69 until October 1
    TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until October 1
    Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until October 8
    Thomas Was Alone (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.20 until October 8
    Lone Survivor: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £2.99 until October 8
    The Swapper (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until October 8
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until October 8
    Suspension Railroad Simulator (Wii U eShop) - €7.19 / £5.39 until October 8
    Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 until October 10
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until October 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - €39.99 / £34.99, includes theme
    Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden - €39.99 / £29.99 (pre-load, includes bonus theme and download code for Super Butoden 2)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    1001 Spikes - €14.99 / £13.49
    Battleminer - €4.99 / £4.49 (permanent price reduction)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Senran Kagura 2: Burst - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS MENU THEMES
    Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - Office - free with digital purchases of Animal Crossing HHD until October 29
    Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - My Town - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Swords & Sldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.19 / £4.19 until October 1
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until October 8
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 until October 8
    Airace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.39 / £2.10 until October 8
    Airace Xeno (3DS eShop) - €1.69 / £1.59 until October 8
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.999 / £8.99 until October 8
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until October 22
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

1001 Spikes! Holy poo poo! I'm not buying it!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Did NA not have an update last week?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

It sucks that it's such a horrible port because the game is great if you like hard platformers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Morter posted:

Do you know how many more sales MGS5 would get if Big Boss was really a heavy-chested ninja high-schooler? :allears:

But no if 'character customization/dress-up' is your thing, I'd suggest looking into SK2

Indeed

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Klaus Kinski posted:

It sucks that it's such a horrible port because the game is great if you like hard platformers.

Am I missing something? I bought 1001 Spikes on 3DS months ago and it's been fine. Balls hard, but I've had not technical issues. The way people here talk I'm starting to genuinely worry that it's going to try and strangle me in my sleep

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They regressed the WiiU version without off screen play, then patched it in a year later, the patch remapped the right dpad button to duck.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

JustJeff88 posted:

Am I missing something? I bought 1001 Spikes on 3DS months ago and it's been fine. Balls hard, but I've had not technical issues. The way people here talk I'm starting to genuinely worry that it's going to try and strangle me in my sleep

I was thinking about the Wii U version :downs:

Consider this post an endorsement. If you want a hard platformer that will probably keep you occupied for many hours unless you're some kind of boshy/iwbtg savant that plays kaizo mario for fun, buy 1001 spikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How are the medabots games? Loved that show as a kid.

Vas-y metaB!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbNaQeeEwA