Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That youtube show is all about making fictional weapons, although not all of them are fully-functional. (Mostly when they do stuff like welding the tang or such. That's a recipe for swords snapping)

But in this case Ilya (the armorer's name, ironically enough) is a Fate nerd so he went full classic with the smithing. Came out pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
nero's defense boost is such horseshit

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nero is better than you.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Use Medea, and proceed to Rule Breaker Nero. Goodbye, stupid stacked buffs.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Kyte posted:

But in this case Ilya (the armorer's name, ironically enough) is a Fate nerd so he went full classic with the smithing. Came out pretty cool.

If he's such a Fate nerd, why did they pull the Excalibur out of the stump, huh? But seriously, it would be cool if they did Caliburn, too, even though as far as I recall it hasn't appeared anywhere other than the Fate route, not counting Saber Lily.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Baal posted:

nero's defense boost is such horseshit

Rule Breaker to dispel them or a servant with Def Ignore NPs (that got fixed btw) to punch straight through them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Moon festival event tommorow. Just in time for me to exchange everything beside the last two nero CE.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nyaa posted:

Moon festival event tommorow. Just in time for me to exchange everything beside the last two nero CE.

I guess i won't have time to farm the last 195 gold medals i need for the last Crystallized Lore then. Oh well, at least i got everything else, including the EXP cards.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Medea's p much the best caster in the game that's not Waver, isn't she?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Baal posted:

Medea's p much the best caster in the game that's not Waver, isn't she?
Yeah, high speed incantation is awesome, but also because all other casters are support buff type or really low star. We could really use more offensive type caster.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It certainly doesn't hurt that she currently has the second highest attack among them either. Rule Breaker really does not do much damage, but that removal of buff effects helps so much considering how much the AI likes stacking them.

Anyways, just managed to plow through the grand finals, even with my team of almost pure 3* lvl 40s(aside from lvl 46 Liz). Blew through the initial stuff with a supporting lvl 60 Hercules, along with liberal use of NPs as they came up. Eventually had to use my Command Seal revive, but no more. Chunked off huge amounts of Nero's health with a combination of Rule Breaker immediately followed by the insane amounts of damage Yew Bow does. After that it was just a matter of keeping Robin Hood alive to finish off the last remainders of her health.

Incidentally, has anyone figured out a good way to apply the poison condition? Yew Bow already does huge damage, but it does far more if the target is poisoned, and there don't seem to be many ways to do that other than Yew Bow itself.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Waver's NP deals a measly damaging one but it hits everyone so ehh

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Lord Koth posted:

Incidentally, has anyone figured out a good way to apply the poison condition? Yew Bow already does huge damage, but it does far more if the target is poisoned, and there don't seem to be many ways to do that other than Yew Bow itself.
I read from some posts that the damage is calculated after you apply the poison, thus your huge damage if you successfully inflict it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Waver's NP deals a measly damaging one but it hits everyone so ehh

Waver does curse, not poison. Now who knows why they have two different conditions(actually 3, since there's a fire debuff too) that do basically the same thing, since I'm pretty sure Robin Hood's NP is the only thing that actually cares, but there you have it.

Nyaa posted:

I read from some posts that the damage is calculated after you apply the poison, thus your huge damage if you successfully inflict it.

Somewhat dubious of this for a few reasons, but I can't disprove it either, other than pointing out that it only seems to apply the debuff if it fails to kill them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I've given up on attempting to farm the remaining two 200 gold medal items (+ the two Nero CEs, though I never planned on getting those from the beginning) from the Colosseum event, though I think I'll be able to pull off getting all the other stuff.

What do we know about this next event, aside from it seemingly introducing some new craft essence?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I only have 16 more gold medals to farm, I just wanna get the Nero CE... I already spent all my silver medals for the gold EXP cards.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

What do we know about this next event, aside from it seemingly introducing some new craft essence?
Here's the details. One new servant, new story written by nasu, three new CE, new servant roll boost, collect dango to exchange monuments, exp, and Fou card. Overall another great event.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

How often do they do events anyway? I came in like a day or two before the Nero event, and I was wondering if it would be smarter to wait for AP reduction events or events like this for getting exp.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

How often do they do events anyway? I came in like a day or two before the Nero event, and I was wondering if it would be smarter to wait for AP reduction events or events like this for getting exp.

10ap Nero mission -> trade silver coins for 4* exp. Literally can't do better than this for EXP.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

van fem posted:

10ap Nero mission -> trade silver coins for 4* exp. Literally can't do better than this for EXP.

I got all the exp from this event. I was mostly wondering for if it would be worth the AP to do the 40AP exp daily dungeons. Or if I should just do some interludes and pick up the occasional quartz from the side quests.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

I got all the exp from this event. I was mostly wondering for if it would be worth the AP to do the 40AP exp daily dungeons. Or if I should just do some interludes and pick up the occasional quartz from the side quests.
The drop rate for 4* suck even in 40AP, you will get a bunch of 3* most of the time, but I guess it would be worth it if you can level up from it and recharge your AP.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Nyaa posted:

Here's the details.

The 500HP per turn CE sounds interesting, especially if it upgrades to 1000HP per turn.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lord Koth posted:

For now, no good way. Maybe once Semiramis gets implemented? :shrug:

Nyaa posted:

I speculated that once but still not entirely sure. Effects seem to be applied sequentially (ergo why Rule Breaker will dispel evade but will still do 0 damage) and poison comes after damage. Some people have pointed out it seems to proc extra damage with any debuff for some reason, so maybe it's that? I honestly don't know.

I'd pay good cash for the ability to attach a debugger to the game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
^^^ On that note, I'll probably save my quartz until either Semiramis (who I'm assuming will be a 5* Assassin) or a 5* Rider (hopefully Zero Rider) is added. I already have a really good servant for every other class.

Schubalts posted:

The 500HP per turn CE sounds interesting, especially if it upgrades to 1000HP per turn.

Normally I would think this wouldn't be the case, since it would be a much larger improvement than other CEs get when upgraded and 1000HP per turn would be completely ridiculous. But this game seems to prioritize nice looking round numbers above balance, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

So apparently those crystallized lore items are only used for the final skill upgrade. Since it's doubtful I'll ever be upgrading any skills from level 9->10 (costs 20,000,000 for 5* servants plus a huge amount of mats/money for previous levels, and it's not even a bigger increase than you get from previous levels), I'm okay with having only gotten two from this event. Right now I'm trying to grind out bronze medals so I can finish off redeeming them for Infinity Gears and 3* XP cards. I used all my 4* ones to get Arturia into the level 30s; I'm looking forward to using her, since she'll be my first/only 5* servant with an upgraded Noble Phantasm.

I guess I won't roll at all for this new event either; the new 5* is an Archer and since I already have Gilgamesh (and EMIYA and Atalanta) I'd probably never use her unless there were some super important event that involved fighting Saber enemies, and I'm pretty sure what I currently have would be more than good enough for that anyways.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 25, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Rolled twice with the summoning tickets and I was able to get the new 4* CE. Not bad, I guess. At least it's useful enough to be put on a sub for increasing the number of dangos I get from a drop.

Then I decided to roll 4 times with my Quartz and I got Lancelot, Prisma Cosmos, and 2 black keys. Not a bad haul. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use Prisma Cosmos while I'm using Vlad w/Kaleidoscope and Waver, but it should be useful once I get to a higher level and have more cost available.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What are the locked events with tickets as rewards?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

New event are unlocked when you save enough gold dango. Silver dango are for item exchange.

Edit: you get more dango by equiping those event CE on any party member. They stack, so equip them to your leader and help out.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 25, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cool

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
If you're able to clear the 30AP quest, then you'll be swimming in dango if you can bring servants with the new CEs. Choosing random non-friend list people with the 5* gacha CE is quite risky but it has been worth it if you are confident you can clear it. I've been getting 40+(!) dango per run when I don't get the gold dango drop.

This is just with the 4* CE, 3* event CE, and the new 5* gacha CE. I still have one sub slot left so I can add in a random character with the 5* event CE in the future for even more dango.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

help :(

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
"An unexpected error occurred and so the game can't continue" then your error code.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also had this pop up right after that, dunno if it matters.

e: Apparently my account data got wiped somehow, including my reclaim code. :downs:

If anyone else is having this problem, I found a web form in this reddit thread. Note that if you can't point to a Saint Quartz transaction you're probably hosed.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 25, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nyaa posted:

New event are unlocked when you save enough gold dango. Silver dango are for item exchange.

Edit: you get more dango by equiping those event CE on any party member. They stack, so equip them to your leader and help out.

Do you have any idea how many? I don't see it displayed anywhere.

Definitely going to try and grind this event a lot; all those stat increase cards and statues/monuments look really good.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

Do you have any idea how many? I don't see it displayed anywhere.
I think it's like 10, 20, 50, 100, etc.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nyaa posted:

I think it's like 10, 20, 50, 100, etc.

Ah, thanks. The third one seems like it's going to give a gacha ticket, which I'll foolishly use instead of saving for later.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, thanks. The third one seems like it's going to give a gacha ticket, which I'll foolishly use instead of saving for later.

I did and got Medea. Cool beans.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Man, Orion has some downright grotesque titties.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Grotesquely grabbable! Woo! Woo! Woo!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I really wish her dress didn't make it look like her tits had some serious Glasgow smiles going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I've purged off inactive players from my friend list, so I will be posting this since it's probably a good time to add newer people. Here is my friend code: 658,112,721 - Level 70 Vlad w/Moony Jewel CE (+2 Dango drop)

I'll be adding people when I can and I currently have 8 free slots. I'll also be switching to the Moonlight Festival CE soon. I'm hoping to add people that will put the new CEs on their leaders so it makes the event easier to farm.