Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Crowd rushing the field, putting the Namibia players on their shoulders and marching around the field crying tears of joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Jesus ref, how hard was that call?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

rejutka posted:

Jesus ref, how hard was that call?

It's Romain Poite, he makes everything look difficult.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Namibia score more points, yay for them.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The gently caress was that crosskick all about Barrett?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Barrett :stonk:

How the gently caress did he do that?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm quite surprised the score is so low.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This game must be an "Oh yeah? Well get a load of this" to Wales' performance on Sunday.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
NZ are going fine and the people who were predicting 140 points are idiots.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smorgasbord posted:

yeah nz won't be playin full gear gently caress the worst team in the tourney, just win comfortably, avoid injuring themselves, maybe let the namibians have some fun too

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Namibians have made 20 yards. They're not having fun.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
That was a great try. Nice one Namibia.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

gently caress YES!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

loving awesome!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A good thing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Smorgasbord posted:

They conceded 140-odd points when they were more-or-less a full amateur side 12 years ago. These days, a fair chunk of the team is playing professionally, even if it might be in the lower end of the South African domestic competition. There are also players in the upper end of things like Burger, who have not only not looked the least bit out of place in the Saracens, but has commanded a virtually permanent starting spot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Burger's looked good.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I think it's cool and good that even the 'minnows' are stepping their game up. Before watching this year's six nations I heard Italy was a whipping boy but they played some okay rugby; Japan obviously, and even Namibia scores a nice try and doesn't get totally wrecked by the best team in the world.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Doctor on the field to treat about five different people.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vagabundo posted:

They conceded 140-odd points when they were more-or-less a full amateur side 12 years ago. These days, a fair chunk of the team is playing professionally, even if it might be in the lower end of the South African domestic competition. There are also players in the upper end of things like Burger, who have not only not looked the least bit out of place in the Saracens, but has commanded a virtually permanent starting spot.

To be honest, I was expecting this to be a 100+ massacre, largely down to 2 reasons 1) Wales being able to 80 points past them last time around, and 2) Namibia being coached by Phil Davies.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Douche Ref who cannot count.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Their doctors are earning their pay today. I'm guessing their bench is not the deepest, because they are struggling to keep guys on the field.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

How long do players normally last in this game? It seems absolutely brutal

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Early-mid 30s? Depends a bit on position and how good the medical care they get is. It's not as bad as it was, but career wreckers still happen, leg injuries especially. They're finally working on the concussion issue, though only because it was getting really obvious that some of these guys were sparko on the field and then still playing 10 minutes later.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

OK this second half is pretty frustrating

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I thought Poite retired, he looks old and tired out there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, that was just very cute.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

That was a good.

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies
On the way home from the Namibia game. From where I was although the all blacks weren't going hell for leather they were certainly putting a good bit of effort in. Namibia deserve a lot of credit for holding them to 50+ points.

P.S. The crowd reaction to the Namibia tries was amazing! Met some actual namibians as well which was fun.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Bharatrocity posted:

How long do players normally last in this game? It seems absolutely brutal

There are outliers like Keven Mealamu, Mark Regan, Simon Shaw, Victor Matfield, Brad Thorn, Nick Easter and Gareth Llewellyn who appear for their national side in the second half of their 30's, but generally 33~35 is about where they pack it in at the test level. They then often take a payday in the lower Euro leagues like the ProD2 where newly rich clubs harbour ambitions of being promoted, or the Japanese Top League, where they get paid silly money for about 4 months of work in a year.

Edit: loving phone posting and my loving goony sausage fingers.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 25, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Or they get into the Toulon Lazarus Pit and win a couple of European Championships before retiring.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Finally got around to watching the Wallabies-Fiji match. I was generally happy with the performance. Set pieces off the line out were good. Line outs were good until they weren't . Scrums were fine. Pocock and hooper were a power duo.

Genia getting a start over Phipps was infuriating though

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Scotland make 10 changes for the match against the USA, obviously some guys still carrying a couple of knocks or not recovered from the game. Looks to be a fairly solid side again though, stil don't know how Strokosch got into the squad though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Scotland make 10 changes for the match against the USA, obviously some guys still carrying a couple of knocks or not recovered from the game. Looks to be a fairly solid side again though, stil don't know how Strokosch got into the squad though.

I've always quite like Strokosch, he's solid and has a good work rate. What got him a place ahead of Kelly Brown, Blair Cowan or John Barclay though is a mystery.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

I've always quite like Strokosch, he's solid and has a good work rate. What got him a place ahead of Kelly Brown, Blair Cowan or John Barclay though is a mystery.

Yeah, that's what I've thought. He's always been solid and a good worker but like you say, Brown, Cowan and Barclay are all better than him.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
A drop goal. :monocle:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
This does not bode well for Georgia.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Gorgodze is a monster.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Commentators not sure that was a high tackle. *Shows man grabbed around the head* Hmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Just got in. Is this is close as it seems?