Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BottleKnight posted:

After skimming through the old drawfia threads I really want to play drawfia. I suck horribly at drawing but it just seems super fun.

Somebody please run one please!
The issue with Drawfia has always been that it's really hard for town to communicate any kind of meaningful case, and so there's no way to read interactions for scum content. It'd honestly be much better as a mafia-like, because the only alternative to give town even close to a shot is to make it a heavily town-biased role madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

HiipFire posted:

I thought about running a 24 hour day game for US players but I'm lazy so havent done it yet

I thought you were Dutch?

I've always wanted to do the same for the Europeans but I don't know if there's even enough of us. There's like what 5 British kids? And maybe <2 Continentals, including myself? I guess the Australians could probably manage it but it wouldn't be perfect.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I thought you were Dutch?

I've always wanted to do the same for the Europeans but I don't know if there's even enough of us. There's like what 5 British kids? And maybe <2 Continentals, including myself? I guess the Australians could probably manage it but it wouldn't be perfect.

I'm dutch but as you said there aren't enough europeans to run a european one i think

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

The issue with Drawfia has always been that it's really hard for town to communicate any kind of meaningful case, and so there's no way to read interactions for scum content. It'd honestly be much better as a mafia-like, because the only alternative to give town even close to a shot is to make it a heavily town-biased role madness.

Drawpcon

Half drawfia half PopCon

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

BottleKnight posted:

Good opinions by pig!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves these maps.

2fort was the first tf2 map I ever played and it never got old to me. I love it. But I will happily let it be banned from the server because yeah it seems like everyone hates it.

Turbine is great but I may be biased due to how easy it is to capture the intel if you have a charge equipped.

2Fort is nostalgic and all but it's more of an innate problem with CTF as a game mode in TF2. They are either over in two seconds because no one defends, or people defend too hard and it's a mess of sentries or people not wanting to go on the offensive and therefore just basically stalemates.

The only CTF map that I kinda like is Crossfire. I think that's the name of it at least. Has a large bridge in the middle.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I used to play on a 24/7 Dustbowl server sometimes. It was a lot of fun for a while, honestly. Dustbowl's a pretty good map, and the last 'room' of the third map in particular is a great design of having several paths to the goal without making them so spread out that it's impossible to defend them all.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
A lot of people hate dustbowl for being basically a meatgrinder. I dunno, I still like it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I could play dustbowl forever. 3-1 is a little rough, but it's still a great map.

Gravelpit is completely underrated and just a fantastic map and concept. It's why I like Steel as well. You need to divide your resources smartly.

2fort is a lot of fun in highlander mode (9 player teams, there can be only one of each class) since you can defend without going completely overboard. People just tend to lose their minds when 2fort comes up though and people you never see playing sniper will play sniper and you'll have 3 people building a small city's worth of buildings in the intel room just playing their own game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Adus posted:

They are either over in two seconds because no one defends, or people defend too hard and it's a mess of sentries or people not wanting to go on the offensive and therefore just basically stalemates.

I would apply this same line of thought to payload maps for me. I don't mind them, but I am always way more mad at my team for sucking in payload than ctf.

I am also a charging demoknight, though, so I am a lot more effective due to sentry destruction and charging away with the briefcase in ctf than I am in payload.

Asiina posted:

People just tend to lose their minds when 2fort comes up though and people you never see playing sniper will play sniper and you'll have 3 people building a small city's worth of buildings in the intel room just playing their own game.

I completely agree. I would rather solo 3 scouts than have 3 snipers on 2fort. I love Doublecross because the snipers are easier to get at and zone without removing their spots.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I would play the gently caress out of just about any game mode in Highlander, honestly.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Back in the day on the Penny Arcade forums I ran a couple of highlander tournaments, and they are extremely fun. It's a nice bit of strategy to only have one of everything. I think all real tournaments with cash prizes and whatnot play highlander style.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I really like king of the hill maps myself

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Adus posted:

2Fort is nostalgic and all but it's more of an innate problem with CTF as a game mode in TF2. They are either over in two seconds because no one defends, or people defend too hard and it's a mess of sentries or people not wanting to go on the offensive and therefore just basically stalemates.

The only CTF map that I kinda like is Crossfire. I think that's the name of it at least. Has a large bridge in the middle.

I don't know what 2forts you are playing but I play the ones where only one or two engies defend and the rest attack the other teams base.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I really like king of the hill maps myself
Abolish the monarchy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
there's that one map that's everywhere but I forgot what it's called, dedusk or something?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

BottleKnight posted:

I would apply this same line of thought to payload maps for me. I don't mind them, but I am always way more mad at my team for sucking in payload than ctf.

I guess it's just a playstyle preference because I like playing huntsman sniper, and it's real boring on CTF maps, but fun for payload. Badwater is probably my favorite map followed by Gorge.

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't know what 2forts you are playing but I play the ones where only one or two engies defend and the rest attack the other teams base.

Well, ones on public servers I guess. It's been a while since the regular server I play on doesn't have 2Fort. Design wise I'm just not fond of it all that much.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

alright confess

which one of you is this

http://imgur.com/gallery/a5hUd

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Allen Wren posted:

alright confess

which one of you is this

http://imgur.com/gallery/a5hUd

I think its grandicap

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I drove through blue springs today haha, but it's *coughs* totally not me guys, bumper stickers completely- em, well, they ruin the value of your car!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
badlands for life (gently caress pyro)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

badlands for life (gently caress pyro)

gently caress you!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

nothing will ever convince me that right clicking to gently caress with peoples movement isn't a bad mechanic

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

nothing will ever convince me that right clicking to gently caress with peoples movement isn't a bad mechanic

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Idk if this is a dealbreaker or not, but I have the conga emote and I will be using it constantly.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm so sad, I ordered chinese food delivery for dinner and ordered Roast Pork Lo Mein and got Roast Pork Egg Foo Young.

They didn't even give me any of the gravy :(

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 27, 2020

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I had Thai and it was delicious

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ya demo is the devil 2 lets roll with that

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey you don't have to no pressure but if you were bored on a friday evening and wanted to be in the DJ room I wouldn't complain.

https://plug.dj/3062362278242127294

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Been doin some home improvement tonight mafia thread :toot:

Just replaced the old tile and now it will be painting time.

e: Well, not RIGHT now, but tomorrow once it's all set.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I'm going out for dinner and getting ethiopian. I will be sure to tell Ernie how much I enjoy it.

Ethiopian food is super great

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Ethiopian food is super great
If this is the case my local ethiopian restaurant has a lot to answer for.

Good luck finding anything vegetarian Ecco, I could not!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Are you just vegetarian, Ecco, or full-on vegan? I don't think I could keep up with being either. Red meat is the only drug I need. :syoon:

...well, that and tobacco. And caffeine. And once I get my insurance back, I'll probably start taking antidepressants and mood stabilizers again, and...

:negative:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my thoughts on the thread stuff

leave this thread as it is, discussion and chat mixed together

close all other threads

post sign-ups to new games in the official TG game sign up thread

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

bowmore posted:

my thoughts on the thread stuff

leave this thread as it is, discussion and chat mixed together

close all other threads

post sign-ups to new games in the official TG game sign up thread

seems fine actually, discussion and game announcements thread makes sense since it was only used sparingly for games and some people never used it at all to announce games

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I haven't played TF2 in a while, but I've been getting back into CS:GO.

Does anybody have Rocket League on Steam? besides Dota thats all I play

Also just so you guys know, my game is "full" but its never really full, you can participate as its sort of just a running mystery game

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 26, 2015

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

EccoRaven posted:

I am "vegetarian" but "not that serious about it." I suppose someone looking at my life and dietary choices and categorizing me would say I'm a casual pescatarian.

you should stop smoking! it's bad for you!
is that italian for insectivore??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

RIP Jake, miss him already.