Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fusion owns and I hope we get an episode with Gogeta and Gotenks double-father-sonning it up.

Then the moms can fuse into Chilma (chill ma get it ahhaha) for the ultimate metafamily slice of life episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Namtab posted:

So, much like the real show

Not really; while Goku usually saves the day in the show, he doesn't do it so frequently that it becomes obnoxious. Goku/Piccolo vs Raditz (which was only made possible by Gohan) and Gohan vs. Cell come to mind. Also, even though Goku beat Buu with the spirit bomb, Goku was never really able to deal with him in a fight unless he merged with Vegeta (and Gohan was the only one able to handle post-fat Buu by himself/unfused).

Also, I take back what I said about it being good that Gohan decided to become a normal person post-DBZ. In the universe of DBZ, where some super strong Earth/universe-threatening bad-guy shows up once every few years, it's actually kind of irresponsible and morally wrong to not train all the time if you're one of the handful of people (literally 5) capable of repelling such a threat.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Gohan Shrugged.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-25/naoki-tatsuta-temporarily-replaces-jouji-yanami-as-kaio-narrator-in-dragon-ball-super-anime/.93369 posted:

Toei Animation announced on Friday that voice actor Naoki Tatsuta will temporarily replace Jouji Yanami as both North Kaiō and the Narrator in the Dragon Ball Super television anime series. Tatsuta is replacing Yanami so that Yanami can undergo medical treatment. The announcement did not specify the reason for the treatment. Tatsuta will replace Yanami starting with the show's 12th episode, which will air on September 27.

Welp, there he goes :smith:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Ytlaya posted:

Also, I take back what I said about it being good that Gohan decided to become a normal person post-DBZ. In the universe of DBZ, where some super strong Earth/universe-threatening bad-guy shows up once every few years, it's actually kind of irresponsible and morally wrong to not train all the time if you're one of the handful of people (literally 5) capable of repelling such a threat.

It's still important for Gohan to research and put out a book on approaching ki manipulation in a scientific manner so there will be fewer future Mark Satans.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Petiso posted:

Ah gently caress hopefully he gets better.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah and each of those times after Cell he ends up being completely useless for them. He's like Bulma in that his contributions are huge but have nothing to do with fighting. If they end up going the DB Online route (was that supposed to be canon? I forget) then Gohan helped the world to the point that everyone can fight off these universe ending bad guys.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Petiso posted:

I hope he recovers, but I am also kinda glad they are passing the role over to someone new.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope everyone who complained is proud of themselves!!!

I'm pretty into the idea of defusing KibitoKai. I liked Kibito.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurain posted:

I hope everyone who complained is proud of themselves!!!

I'm pretty into the idea of defusing KibitoKai. I liked Kibito.

Super seems to be capping off plot points from the Buu saga it seems. Between Vegeta finally taking Trunks to the park in the anime, the defusion, and to a degree even King Kai complaining about never getting wished back to life we seem to be getting callbacks to everything except Uub.

Caros
May 14, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

Ah gently caress hopefully he gets better.

Don't think there is a cure for old age. Then again maybe he can just badger one of his friends to get him the dragonballs.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Raxivace posted:

King Kai complaining about never getting wished back to life

Hold that thought.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

Hold that thought.

Oh yeah, uh maybe it's too soon to bring that up.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Momomo posted:

Yeah and each of those times after Cell he ends up being completely useless for them. He's like Bulma in that his contributions are huge but have nothing to do with fighting. If they end up going the DB Online route (was that supposed to be canon? I forget) then Gohan helped the world to the point that everyone can fight off these universe ending bad guys.

It was until Toei decided 'actually lets try this movie thing, see how it goes', and now its kinda up in the air, with elements from it in Xenoverse but not clear on how they relate if at all. The big strike against it is that Japan is the primary audience for Dragonball, but Online never even reached their shores before the project was axed. And when they're putting out new material that's directly feeding that audience, I doubt anyone is doubt concerned with leaving room for a relatively obscure MMO.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is anyone playing that DBO server revival? I'm curious but not willing to give them money since I fear it could be shut down any second.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Astro Nut posted:

It was until Toei decided 'actually lets try this movie thing, see how it goes', and now its kinda up in the air, with elements from it in Xenoverse but not clear on how they relate if at all. The big strike against it is that Japan is the primary audience for Dragonball, but Online never even reached their shores before the project was axed. And when they're putting out new material that's directly feeding that audience, I doubt anyone is doubt concerned with leaving room for a relatively obscure MMO.

I like to use the Rule of Cool in this case and consider it the actual end of his character. Stuff like Xenoverse calling GT an alternate timeline and Trunks fighting off Buu in his own timeline in Heroes are other stuff I'll always consider canon, even if they get contradicted eventually.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Speaking of voice actors, what's the deal with the silent Vegeta these past couple of episodes? Bad headcold?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is a canonical fight.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

DucktaleZ is more canon that super and GT combined
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/237699

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
The music in the Kai Cell saga is from the original Japanese DBZ right? I actually kind of prefer it to the Kai-original music, it's less distracting and repetitive.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

how can he dodge if he doesnt have any joints in his limbs 0/10

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

Is anyone playing that DBO server revival? I'm curious but not willing to give them money since I fear it could be shut down any second.

I'm surprised it didn't get shut down yet. It's a pretty open and shut case.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

If Goten and Trunks weren't dumb kids, Super Buu would've been a greasy smear on a boulder.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

If Goten and Trunks weren't dumb kids, Super Buu would've been a greasy smear on a boulder.

and then he would have regenerated.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hopefully Super doesn't introduce yet another villain who can just regenerate from all wounds

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Aurora posted:

Hopefully Super doesn't introduce yet another villain who can just regenerate from all wounds

eh in practice though that isn't really all that different from frieza just being too strong to hurt

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Covok posted:

I'm surprised it didn't get shut down yet. It's a pretty open and shut case.

Part of me almost wonders if they want people to play it to keep interest alive, like DBZA.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I didn't mind the regeneration of Cell. It gave us moments like when the ginger android tears his tail off or when Vegeta blows a hole in him or when Goku blows his entire torso clean off. Or the fact that he returns after ~Gokus Heroic Sacrifice~ and Gohan has to step up and do that awesome kamehameha duel

All cool moments

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

Part of me almost wonders if they want people to play it to keep interest alive, like DBZA.

I am strangely inclined to agree since they must know about it at this point and it would take only one letter to end it.

OR they are afraid one letter wouldn't be enough and aren't willing to go to court over this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Covok posted:

I am strangely inclined to agree since they must know about it at this point and it would take only one letter to end it.

OR they are afraid one letter wouldn't be enough and aren't willing to go to court over this.

Lot's of Funimation people love DBZA, and while they can't officially endorse it, they can turn a blind eye. Toei either doesn't know or doesn't care as long as they indirectly get sales.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Lot's of Funimation people love DBZA, and while they can't officially endorse it, they can turn a blind eye. Toei either doesn't know or doesn't care as long as they indirectly get sales.

I was talking about the DBO revival server.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Neo_Crimson posted:

I think the fact that DBZA is obviously a project made by people loving the source material and still showing it in a good light helps, If it would have been negative and mocking I doubt they would be as lenient.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Vegeta vs Frieza is on Kai tonight. I've never seen this part before and it's really hype.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

when this is over, vegeta will be crying like a little bitch

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

At this rate in Dragon Ball Super, Goku's going to end up beating Beerus straight up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did goku really have to figure out how to punch beerus without destroying the universe this week?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

did goku really have to figure out how to punch beerus without destroying the universe this week?

did gohan really have to figure out how to go super saiyan 2 instead of standing around going STOP ITTTTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

This is awesome.

Raxivace posted:

Super seems to be capping off plot points from the Buu saga it seems. Between Vegeta finally taking Trunks to the park in the anime, the defusion, and to a degree even King Kai complaining about never getting wished back to life we seem to be getting callbacks to everything except Uub.

Can't have a callback to something that hasn't happened yet. Uub first appears in the epilogue of DragonBall Z, which takes place 10 years after Kid Buu is defeated. Super takes place 6 months after.

There is also the issue where Bulma reams out Goku for not coming to see them for at least 5 years, so we have about 4 1/2 years for Super to take place during.

• Locked thread