Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
You're a Swede, right? I know because you seem homo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Vogler posted:

You're a Swede, right? I know because you seem homo

Swedes are easy to spot because they consider all other whiteys savage barbarians. Also, they're really gay.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
We're basically present day Ancient Greeks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

do people from norway and sweden hate eachother too, or is it just directed towards finland?

Norwegians and Swedes are pretty much the same. The culture and people are so alike that any outsider would find it very difficult to find any differences between the two nations apart from the fact that Norway has tons of oil and Sweden doesnt

Even the languages are so similiar that people from Norway and Sweden can usually understand eachother just fine. poo poo they used to be one country..

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 26, 2015

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Swedes don't like sitting in a hot dark room sweating with a bunch of naked men, beating themselves with branches and drinking vodka therefore they gay. Makes sense to me. :finland:

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

hard counter posted:

Nobody really hates each other although the swede often needs to be taken down a peg. Finland is just weird though. Scandinavia proper shares a mutually intelligible language family, especially if there's a norwegian to middleman danish and swedish, and a close history starting at the viking age. They share a large number of traditions, cultural quirks, etc as a result even though everyone's doing their own thing.

Finland on the other hand is this odd swampland with a legit inbred people speaking a legit byzantine language. Finns are a very surly, belligerent folk, depressively melancholic and obnoxious drunks that would be shitfaced 24-7 if their government didn't make them run a maze to find booze everytime. They're dudes that serious-brag about how many russians they've killed historically and anything they don't like they call gay or homo. As you can see finns have way more in common with russians than scandinavians, though Putin hasn't yet mastered the citizen-maze-booze system, but since enough swedes have lived there to give them a functioning social democracy Finland usually tags along by geographical & political association despite being the obviously creepy one.

Interesting, thanks.

can you tell me more about this government maze booze system?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No one understands Danish though

Sometimes not even the danes

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Danish sounds like turbo-Frysian to me.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Interesting, thanks.

you have to be 18 and carrying ID

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Interesting, thanks.

that's the port building you have to navigate before you get to the ship that takes you towards Estonia

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
or if you are a pro, you just make your own booze

only lazy people go to alko

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Long drink

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Interesting, thanks.

clever swedes realized that by making the finn travel long distances for his booze you limit his alcohol consumption to what he can carry

that limit encourages brief periods of sobriety in an otherwise ungovernable people

the trick is currently working but...

... finns are evolving

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Hob_Gadling posted:

that's the port building you have to navigate before you get to the ship that takes you towards Estonia

IDK, booze dispensaries appear to be easily accessible in that maze (they even have 2 in case you miss one).

Triple A posted:

or if you are a pro, you just make your own booze

only lazy people go to alko

Will they let me make my own booze in that maze?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

hard counter posted:

clever swedes realized that by making the finn travel long distances for his booze you limit his alcohol consumption to what he can carry

that limit encourages brief periods of sobriety in an otherwise ungovernable people

the trick is currently working but...

... finns are evolving

finns are actually only governable when they are in a drunken stupor

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
What are the laws in Finland that make booze so hard to get? Is it like Washington with the whole state run liquor stores?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Hobohemian posted:

What are the laws in Finland that make booze so hard to get? Is it like Washington with the whole state run liquor stores?

state owned stores, yes

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Tuxedo Gin posted:

finns are actually only governable when they are in a drunken stupor

tbf the stupor sweet spot juuust before the inevitable black out is still hard to achieve w/o trickery

Hobohemian posted:

it's taxed hard enough that finns do bootlegging runs to estonia to maximize their income-to-ethanol conversion

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

steady posted:

Will they let me make my own booze in that maze?

technically it's illegal but the cops don't give a poo poo unless you start selling it

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Son of Rodney posted:

helsinki is hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miqqtqUY7ts

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just went on your ALKO site and lmao at how expensive liquor is in your poo poo country .

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Swedes think they are oh so progressive, but if they didn't have big buffer zone called Finland between them and Russia they would be making GBS threads their pants. Actually they are still sitting their pants every time Russia decides to do something Russian even though it's us the blonde mongols that have to deal with them directly. Why is everyone hating on mongols?

Morol
May 21, 2007

Are the rumors about docking being a finish sauna tradition true?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Swedes think they are oh so progressive, but if they didn't have big buffer zone called Finland between them and Russia they would be making GBS threads their pants. Actually they are still sitting their pants every time Russia decides to do something Russian even though it's us the blonde mongols that have to deal with them directly. Why is everyone hating on mongols?

They're well prepared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Morol posted:

Are the rumors about docking being a finish sauna tradition true?
only non-sexual docking in sauna

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

DeepQantas posted:

only non-sexual docking in sauna

Docking is acceptable if the top bench is full, as cock in rear end is preferable to sitting on a lower bench like a pussy

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Swedes think they are oh so progressive, but if they didn't have big buffer zone called Finland between them and Russia they would be making GBS threads their pants.

Jan Salmi waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were russians in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to King Sweden were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jan was a conscript for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the hornets and he said to dad "I want to be on the skies, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY RUSSIANS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the base of the FAF he knew there were russians.
"This is King Sweden," the radio crackered. "You must fight the russians!"
So Jan gotted his knock-off AK47 and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US," said the russians!
"I will shoot at him," said the spetsnaz and he fired the rocket missiles. Jan shot at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the russians," he shouted!
The radio said "No, Jan. You are the russians."
And then, Jan remembered he was just drunk again.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Double Bill posted:

Docking is acceptable if the top bench is full, as cock in rear end is preferable to sitting on a lower bench like a pussy

This is of course humor, as we are talking on Something Awful. The correct way of getting a seat on the top bench is to throw more water on the stove until someone gives up, collapses or dies. Usually people do not give up before suffering some degree of burns if you sit in a prestigious public sauna.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hob_Gadling posted:

This is of course humor, as we are talking on Something Awful. The correct way of getting a seat on the top bench is to throw more water on the stove until someone gives up, collapses or dies. Usually people do not give up before suffering some degree of burns if you sit in a prestigious public sauna.

I lolling reading about a Finn who died in a world sauna contest.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

hard counter posted:

Jan Salmi waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were russians in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to King Sweden were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jan was a conscript for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the hornets and he said to dad "I want to be on the skies, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY RUSSIANS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the base of the FAF he knew there were russians.
"This is King Sweden," the radio crackered. "You must fight the russians!"
So Jan gotted his knock-off AK47 and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US," said the russians!
"I will shoot at him," said the spetsnaz and he fired the rocket missiles. Jan shot at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the russians," he shouted!
The radio said "No, Jan. You are the russians."
And then, Jan remembered he was just drunk again.

is this a meme or did you right it holy poo poo im dyin

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

extra stout posted:

is this a meme or did you right it holy poo poo im dyin

it's a spin on a old doom fan fiction.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

etalian posted:

it's a spin on a old doom fan fiction.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/aug/08/sauna-championship-russian-dead

this is very relevant sort of

this is the next finnish article i saw lmao god damnit

quote:

Finland’s government has condemned hardline nationalists who threw stones and launched fireworks at a bus of asylum seekers arriving at a reception centre in the southern town of Lahti.

Between 30 and 40 demonstrators – one wearing a Ku Klux Klan-style white robe – waved the Finnish flag and shouted abuse at the bus.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Americans love Scandinavians, but don't know which ones.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pon de Bundy posted:

that's fascinating but Southern Europe is way more interesting better weather and our women are much better looking

why are you constantly pimping your dumb albanian whores on everyone?

you want swedish adonises to come over and gently caress your tukeyfied women that much?

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

I lolling reading about a Finn who died in a world sauna contest.

No, he was a Russian. The contestant who took the same beating, fell into a coma and lived. He was the Finn.

Also, sauna is the place where you live and die. gently caress you for making me pick a specific Finnish person who broke the tradition.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

There was some Michigan Yooper guy on American Pickers one time that I assume was a Finn because the only interests he seemed to have other than hoarding poo poo were sauna and swimming in Lake Superior in winter.

No mention of crippling alcoholism or his many, many fine hanging trees on the property.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

hard counter posted:

Finland on the other hand is this odd swampland with a legit inbred people speaking a legit byzantine language. Finns are a very surly, belligerent folk, depressively melancholic and obnoxious drunks that would be shitfaced 24-7 if their government didn't make them run a maze to find booze everytime. They're dudes that serious-brag about how many russians they've killed historically and anything they don't like they call gay or homo. As you can see finns have way more in common with russians than scandinavians, though Putin hasn't yet mastered the citizen-maze-booze system, but since enough swedes have lived there to give them a functioning social democracy Finland usually tags along by geographical & political association despite being the obviously creepy one.

swedish antiracist.txt

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Finnish people are always pretty chill and roll with the punches about Finland; I've yet to meet one who gets angry about people making fun of the Finns. Great people to drink with, they don't tend to get rowdy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol that Finland is not a frontier country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

• Locked thread