Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Thats just what the monk wants us to believe. Anything can be done with a sufficient trust in the weave! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We haven't had a good monk rant in a while. I think we're due.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I actually started playing BG2:EE again, having a hard time deciding my party. I'm sort of opting for the harem option...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

ETB posted:

I actually started playing BG2:EE again, having a hard time deciding my party. I'm sort of opting for the harem option...
Go for it!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Vorgen posted:

Then you too know the hardship of being set into a maze like a helpless hamster! We are comrades in peril! Boo asks what you propose we do next, little man.

I think you wanted Minsc's portrait here. Also! Finally got through the thread. Dear god has this been a trip. A question I came up with along the way: how does the BWP version of Icewind Dale differ from the standalone game? I mean, is Syvishtar standing in for the PC? What plot elements are different because he popped out of someone's closet? That sort of thing.

Also, I read only Vorgen's updates until the last ten pages of the thread. Has anyone actually tried to make this?

I'm curious, but wary.

Also also, woo David Warner! TRON is one of my two favorite movies, and I didn't realize Irenicus was voiced by him until I actually watched one of the videos (specifically, him kidnapping Imoen). He does such a great villain voice.

Also also also (:v:), I didn't bat an eye at the 120k ransom because I assumed there'll be some plot thing that either gets you that much money or obviates the need for it. I mean, there's a finite amount of mobs, and therefore sources of money, in the game, right? They wouldn't want to lock you out of the ending just because you bought too many healing potions...

Also also also also... chinchilla? What? Did a forum goon write that mod?

Hoping to see the promised update soon rather than Soon™! Though Vorgen not having posted on the forums in a month is worrying...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

well, in the pre mod game, the rasom is 20k.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

I think you wanted Minsc's portrait here. Also! Finally got through the thread. Dear god has this been a trip. A question I came up with along the way: how does the BWP version of Icewind Dale differ from the standalone game? I mean, is Syvishtar standing in for the PC? What plot elements are different because he popped out of someone's closet? That sort of thing.

Also, I read only Vorgen's updates until the last ten pages of the thread. Has anyone actually tried to make this?

I'm curious, but wary.

Also also, woo David Warner! TRON is one of my two favorite movies, and I didn't realize Irenicus was voiced by him until I actually watched one of the videos (specifically, him kidnapping Imoen). He does such a great villain voice.

Also also also (:v:), I didn't bat an eye at the 120k ransom because I assumed there'll be some plot thing that either gets you that much money or obviates the need for it. I mean, there's a finite amount of mobs, and therefore sources of money, in the game, right? They wouldn't want to lock you out of the ending just because you bought too many healing potions...

Also also also also... chinchilla? What? Did a forum goon write that mod?

Hoping to see the promised update soon rather than Soon™! Though Vorgen not having posted on the forums in a month is worrying...

I have made the monkeyballs before, those were pretty nice. Never tried making the pudding.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RIP LP, you lasted a good few years before dying.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

tithin posted:

RIP LP, you lasted a good few years before dying.

It has gone longer between updates in the past. Don't rush him, its way too easy to get completely burnt out in bg2 early on after playing through bg1, and thats without mods.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm curious, but wary.

I've certainly made a full on savory turnip custard as a side dish before but I've never seen one that's being touted as a dessert like that appears to be :fork:. I assume it'd be okay as a sweet and savory thing but I can't imagine it'd be all that amazing. If I can remember to pick up the stuff while I'm out grocery shopping this week I'll give it a shot. :v:

Also seconding the monkey balls recipe, it was pretty good.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
I'm a bit wary of anything that touts turnips in a dessert, but hey, that's more personal taste than anything. As the above poster said, it'd be a bit too savory to be a proper sweet treat in my mind.

That all said, from the ingredients it doesn't sound like it would be toxic/revolting/bad. Just a bit odd. Odd is good.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Im still around. Just been personally busy. Don't like making excuses, though. I'll try to post something up soon!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

It has gone longer between updates in the past. Don't rush him, its way too easy to get completely burnt out in bg2 early on after playing through bg1, and thats without mods.

What I began to type as a reply posted:

I guess I'm just worried because he hasn't posted on the forums at all since saying he was working on -

What Vorgen posted between me reading the thread and pressing reply posted:

Im still around. Just been personally busy. Don't like making excuses, though. I'll try to post something up soon!

:woop:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vorgen posted:

Glad to see you still working on this Vorgen.

I've been playing a whole lot of Kerbal Space Program lately, modded to the point where it's falling apart at the seams, and I can't imagine LPing THAT much less something that's several games crudely stitched together and THEN modded until they're falling apart at the seams.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
I honestly thought that I had written something that said we probably weren't going to be out of the Copper Coronet until the new year, but I can't find it.

I thought it was just going to be mod content slowing it down, but, better to take breaks than swearing the whole thing off. It's worked for 4 years thus far, haha.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Here's a list of things that have kept me occupied aside from actually posting an update:
  • trying to make a mod for GemRB that allows 7-10 party members to work with the Big World Project
  • regenerating images for and renaming 11,000 items in the game
  • spending too much time in my ex's hotel room
  • regenerating images for and renaming 5,000 spells in the game
  • developing a board game with my buddy
  • trying to figure out how to deal with a problem player in my Pathfinder session
  • getting a new job that doubles my take home pay
  • this music video
  • Fallout 4

I really hate making excuses, and I regret nothing. Let's continue the story of Syvishtar!

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 16, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Vorgen posted:

I really hate making excuses, and I regret nothing. Let's continue the story of Syvishtar!

Regret nothing and turn to face bloodshed modders :ohdear:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Vorgen posted:

trying to figure out how to deal with a problem player in my Pathfinder session
Curses/cursed objects with gradually increasing effects, like slowly turning them into something valuable like gold or something delicious like strawberry jam. Give it to them as an inheritance so they won't think twice about using it.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Vorgen posted:

Here's a list of things that have kept me occupied aside from actually posting an update:
  • developing a board game with my buddy
  • trying to figure out how to deal with a problem player in my Pathfinder session

Is it wrong that I kinda hope the second lead to the first? :allears:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

Curses/cursed objects with gradually increasing effects, like slowly turning them into something valuable like gold or something delicious like strawberry jam. Give it to them as an inheritance so they won't think twice about using it.

Trying to solve an out-of-game problem in-game never ends well.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Pickled Tink posted:

Vorgen posted:

trying to figure out how to deal with a problem player in my Pathfinder session

Figure out what the player really wants to do (treasure, fame, banging all the wenches, looking cool and delivering one liners, kill vampires, become a vampire, whatever) and figure out a way to give it to them within the context of the game.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

11 Kythorn, 1371

Willie Bruce seems the one most eager for a fight among us.

He seems tougher somehow. Maybe the way the light is hitting him? Anyways, probably best to let him hang back until we have some armor to put on him.

I feel a pull to the door straight ahead. Might as well stay on the straight and narrow path.

I open the door and we all enter the room beyond. The place stinks worse than the front! A guard immediately approaches us.

I warned you, fool! Guards!! Intruders!!

drat, touchy guy!

Chloe immediately cuts him down, but his friends still arrive.

Too bad for them. Also, too bad for Willie Bruce. The first guy dropped chainmail and ol' Willy ain't got time for that.

My golem, ever the faithful servant, obliterates the next guard. Ouch.

Chloe takes out the next. She shouts something about children in the cells.

I wonder if there is some other way to go about this.

Anomen takes out the last guard, and Arath says "So."

I'm not particularly in love with the idea that you've got the blood of a dead god in your veins, or that you might, you know, turn on us at any time.

But then again, if you stole my comb I might do the same, so I suppose I can live with it for now.

I would never steal your comb, Arath. What kind of heinous creature do you think I am?

And here I was fairly sure we'd covered that ground?

Just so we're clear, I'm not comfortable with this. But I'm not going to waste time worrying about it, either.

I don't expect you to be comfortable with it. I know I'm not.

That's... good to hear.

Oh gods, I think I'm getting a cramp. Alright. Let's go. Ow.

I guess Chloe was thinking along the same lines, because she gets philosophical on me.

Good and evil don't exist. They're tools to help us sleep at night. We consider ourselves good and those we oppose as evil so we do not feel as bad spilling their blood.

I would tend to agree with that.

However, that tells me nothing of how you would react to things. A hypothetical situation, then:

Someone you love, perhaps your lover or Imoen, has been accused of slaughtering a high-ranking noble and is to be executed for the crime. Your loved one claims they did such an act because the person was a monster, a shape-shifter posing as the noble, who was already dead. You have no idea whether they are telling the truth, but they will be executed within a few nights unless you raid the jail to free them. If you do so, however, you and they wil be hunted for the rest of your lives. What do you do?

I break them out, of course! I will not abandon one I love to such a fate, even if it means we must flee and live as vagabonds.

Like I have done since I left Candlekeep...

A noble decision. It is possible, of course, that the real shape-shifter was posing as your loved one and slaughters you in your sleep and takes a new form. But, you never know with such things.

On one of the dead guards is a spell scroll called Thundaga. I've never heard of anything like this before.

What strange magic they have here in Athkatla! I copy it into my spellbook, of course.

Another guard has another spell scroll on him. This one I've heard of before - Summon Hakeashar.

Why do low-level guards have such expensive magic on them? Surely they can't cast it themselves... Do they use them like money, perhaps? A spell scroll-based economy? Well, all the better for me.

You know, Bruce won't wear chainmail, but I think if I drape it right, maybe put a piton here or there.... yes. It works!

Dorfl can wear chainmail!

Then I go see what Chloe was talking about. Children... in a jail cell!

I order Dorfl to bash the door down immediately. He seems unable to, though.

I check the other doors. None of them open and nobody says anything, except for one voice.

You have to free us! There are children in those cells! Save them! Save the little ones!

I KNOW!!

Don't worry! We will get you all out!

Is it the innkeeper? Does he have the key??

We go back up the corridor. Guards ambush us from the side passage.

But one punch from Dorfl and he is a mess on the floor.

We go back to Lehtinan to ask him a few ... questions.

(hurrrm) I do not know what you speak of. I know nothing of slaves.

Are you certain? You know nothing of slaves.

People come and go from the Coronet all the time. (hurrm) I have no need to acquire slaves. (hurrm) I trust that will be all, I have... other things to attend to.

The man is guilty without question, Syvishtar. I say we expedite justice now and ask questions later. Surely you see the need for this.

Yes, of course. But I don't think you just want me to kill the innkeeper. Do you? Anomen, is that what you're saying? I search his face for some clue.

Is that... no? Uh...

Let's go back to the cells.

We find our way into an unlocked door, which apparently leads to the Arena!

Arath yells out a warning that the wolf isn't just for show, but Willie Bruce runs in and gets himself froze. Arath calls down some divine might.

I really feel like I can just supervise here. After the frozen northlands of 100 years ago, this place is a cakewalk. Anomen declares Doom upon the winter wolf.

Arath Sun Scorches the winter wolf, and it dies.

I get it. He's being all seasonal. Heh, those druids...

This place reminds me of the gnoll stronghold, where we found ... uh... Minsc's witch.

She was so boring. I don't think we ever adventured together. What was her name again?

Beyond the arena pits are more cages. Are there more children trapped away?!

Oh, no. Animals.

Hmph! This is where the creatures for the pit fights are kept, and I am their keeper. You are not allowed in here. Your smell will upset and disturb my darling Tabitha. Leave at once!

Your 'Tabitha' should not only be upset, it should be put to death! As should you!

Fool! You'll never escape here alive! Come, Tabitha! Come... open the cages! Aid your master!

You bastard!

Kill them, Tabitha!

We are suddenly surrounded on all sides by rabid animals!

It's chaos. I think Willie Bruce almost died twice already.

Tabitha is quite formidable. She mauls Arath and he goes down.

She also smashes apart Dorfl!

Chloe and Anomen are able to put down the leopard attacking them...

I have to do something. I have to end this! I cast the first spell that comes to mind, without thinking of the consequences...

poo poo! Oh no!

The three of us that are left retreat in the face of a raging minotaur.

I try to heal Anomen, because he looks quite hurt.

But it's not enough. I tell him to retreat and let Chloe take care of everything.

He does. And she does.

Thank the gods. I hope nobody realized that I was the one to cast the spell that killed Willie Bruce?

Gameplay note: Anomen seems to be trying to leave the party due to my Virtue, but another mod seems to be blocking him. This Virtue thing seems to be more trouble than its worth. I'm disabling it using SetGlobal("D0VIRTUEDisable", "GLOBAL",1);

The Beastmaster had a Plate Mail, a cursed scroll, a short bow +1, a Wolfskin Bag, and a key to the cells!

With sadness, I look at the pieces of Dorfl on the floor.

I wish I knew how to put him back together. But, sadly enough, constructs cannot be resurrected, for they have no soul. Maybe some day I'll find a golem manual or something that will give me the knowledge I need to make my owm golems. Some day.

Gameplay Note: I'm calling it as constructs and monsters cannot be resurrected.

Chloe looks at the broken golem, too.

So why did you decide to become a mage? You said that Gorion was a mage, because of him I assume?

Yes and no. I would have become a mage anyway because that is where my interest lies. But it was good to have such a wise and powerful mage as my instructor.

That's good. I sometimes wonder what skills I would have wanted to learn had I not been raised as a Yr'kai. I'm happy that you knew what you were interested in and had the means to pursue it.

Yeah, that's great. We need to, uhhh, get these guys resurrected. Isn't there a chapel around here somewhere?

We make our way out of the Inn. As we do, someone comes up to us.

(sigh) Very well. Just come back if you change your mind. I'll be here.

Yes, won't we all. This place has got to be the most happening Inn in the entire nation.

We go outside and another attractive person comes up to speak with us.

Certainly. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll arrange some seats for you.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

But no sooner have I walked five steps then a little boy approaches me too!

Gold you say? Well, now, that is something I am always ready to discuss. You run along and tell this Samuel Thunderburp that I will be around shortly.

Very well, m'Lord. 'E will be 'appy to 'ear that I will take yer message straight back to 'im.

We try to make our way to the temple that we see somewhere above us in the heart of the slums. But Anomen gets into a bit of trouble.

As ye wish!

I tell Anomen to just keep walking briskly and the shady character will probably leave us alone.

We climb up a few flights of stairs to get to the entrance to the temple that seems to teeter precariously atop untrustworthy supports.

I'm surprised to see that the thief has followed us all the way to the temple!

We go inside, and I think we might have lost him. Then, I turn around and look at the place, when who do I see with mine eyes but... but Gavin!

I'm looking for Lanie, and have been for months. When I went back to Beregost for her, she was gone. I was just about to trade my armor for another scrying spell.

Imoen is also missing.

I look at our old companion, the faithful and long-suffering cleric of Lathander, and my mouth opens...

Gameplay note: So, what do we tell him?

1:- or 2:- Counted as one choice. Gavin joins the party.
3:- Gavin goes on about his business, I suppose.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 16, 2015

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
1. Gavin is has alot of semi decent content from what i saw but i didnt get too far. And when i say semi decent i mean compared to the rest of the poo poo floating around in bg2 modverse.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vikar Jerome posted:

And when i say semi decent i mean compared to the rest of the poo poo floating around in bg2 modverse.

Unless you dig into his romance, though... Berelinde (his author) has issues.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
3. We've seen Gavin before. Let's see some different craziness.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
2. Let's see what those issues are.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

AJ_Impy posted:

2. Let's see what those issues are.

Syv is currently male. Gavin is heterosexual.

Contrary to the reputation of modders, there's actually very few gay and bisexual NPC mods. Auren Aseph who we briefly ran into is one of them, but in an interesting twist she's not romantically interested in Charname at all. She'll shack up with a Bioware NPC if she's in the party.

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming
1. Gavin was one of the better mod characters, though let's not delve into the weird stuff.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
1/2, welcome back Vorgen!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
1, and delving into the weird stuff is what we're all about.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Gavin's not a bad character, I've been using him on my run. I haven't done much of his side-stuff though, so that could get interesting.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Syv is currently male. Gavin is heterosexual.

I'm not quite sure if the game is counting me as male right now. Auren Aseph called me ma'am.

ETB posted:

1/2, welcome back Vorgen!

Thanks man! I seem to make this too complicated in my mind.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Vorgen posted:

Thanks man! I seem to make this too complicated in my mind.

Remember, Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

If you have trouble making a decision just have us vote on it. Easy that way :c00lbert:

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Vorgen posted:

I'm not quite sure if the game is counting me as male right now. Auren Aseph called me ma'am.

Its things like this that make me love this LP so much. That and horrible mods.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Welcome back Vorgen! it's good to see you with us.

also fallout 4 is good and nerds are bad with money because I've made like, 50 bucks changing a few global settings for people.

also also that music video was rad

also also also 1, we're short a party spot anyways, no?

Incidentally, who does Auren shack up with? I'd be interested in seeing her content too.

sammage
Apr 12, 2008

Skelicopter posted:

1. Gavin was one of the better mod characters, though let's not delve into the weird stuff.
1. But delve into all the weird stuff.

Also welcome back!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Also, recruit every NPC you can recruit. We deserve to see them all. Especially the awful ones.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Huzzah an update! Let's welcome you back Vorgen, and welcome back an old companion! 1

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

also fallout 4 is good and nerds are bad with money because I've made like, 50 bucks changing a few global settings for people.

haha excellent. :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014

Pickled Tink posted:

Also, recruit every NPC you can recruit. We deserve to see them all. Especially the awful ones.

Pertinent to this, we must have all of the bases. Unless NPC's forcibly evict you from a location, I expect it will be necessary to billet some party members there.

• Locked thread