Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/the-rich-color-variations-of-pluto

NASA released an amazing high-resolution photograph of Pluto's surface a couple days ago and it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. While peering intently into her rough and tumble surface, gazing on the patriotic colors :911: of the lands, I came across this striking feature. What else lays upon the landscape of this majestic Dwarf Planet?

goodness has a new favorite as of 10:11 on Sep 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my favorite finding about pluto is that its far away and pretty poo poo. runner up, looks nothing like that dog so #confusing

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

:marc:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Pluto is pretty. I just always thought it would be boring grey rock at best, but it looks really unique.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

DarkCrawler posted:

Pluto is pretty. I just always thought it would be boring grey rock at best, but it looks really unique.

Its false colour, everything in space is actually invisible to the human eye, thats what all the pictures are false colour or some particular spectrum.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Verily I Shat posted:

Its false colour, everything in space is actually invisible to the human eye, thats what all the pictures are false colour or some particular spectrum.

Not all of the images are false color. Images on NASA's website will say in the description if they are or are not.

Here's one in true color, for example: http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/global-mosaic-of-pluto-in-true-color.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I don't know why we bother with all this stuff, here is a picture of some cement I found on google, it's pretty much the same as what we spend billions to see in space :lol:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

"woof"

Did you see what I did there? eh? eh?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Richard Hoagland must be going nuts over this stuff.

Infyrno
Jul 24, 2003

The Duke

C.M. Kruger posted:

Richard Hoagland must be going nuts over this stuff.

Richard C. Hoagland?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Is the finding that it is actually a planet? Because I like that finding.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Is the finding that it is actually a planet? Because I like that finding.

I bet nobody bothered asking what Pluto prefers to be identified as, did they? For all we know Pluto self-identifies as a spiral galaxy.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

BrigadierSensible posted:

"woof"

Did you see what I did there? eh? eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Very nice. Nice nice

• Locked thread