Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You got really good Craft Essences, an okay Saber, and a good Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Heard back from FGO support about my account and what they want is a bit unclear.

quote:

お問い合わせいただき、誠にありがとうございます。
こちらは『Fate/Grand Order』運営チームです。

お問い合わせいただいております「引継ぎナンバーの発行対応の可否」の件につきまして、
情報が不足しており、調査を行うことができませんでした。

情報に不足がございますと調査自体を行えませんので、お手数ではございますが、
改めて以下の情報をご連絡くださいますようお願いいたします。

※引継ぎナンバーには複数のIDを統合する機能はなく、聖晶石、霊基、アイテム等を別のアカウントに移行することはできません。
 引継ぎナンバーを発行したデータを最後にプレイした時点からプレイを再開する機能となります。
※既にお送りいただいている内容でございましてもあらためてご記入ください。
※不明な項目には「不明」とお書きください。

---
▼引継ぎナンバーを発行したいデータの詳細
・ユーザーID:
 ※タイトル画面下部または「MENU」>「フレンド」内の「フレンド検索」に表示される9桁の数字です。
・ユーザー名(マスター名):

▼決済情報の詳細(聖晶石を購入されている場合のみ)
・注文番号(4桁-4桁-4桁-5桁の数字):
・注文日:
・注文合計(購入アイテム名、個数、価格):

※上記項目の1つでも記載がございませんと詳細な調査が行えず、
 対応できない場合もありますため、可能な限りご回答ください。
※購入履歴は登録メールアドレス宛に送信されるレシートメール、
 または Googleウォレットにてご確認いただけます。
※購入履歴がなく聖晶石が反映されない場合、決済が正常に行われていない場合もございますので
 その場合には、GooglePlayのサポートまでお問い合わせくださいますようお願いいたします。
---

以上、調査に必要な情報となりますため、お客様には大変お手数をおかけいたしますが、
ご理解ご協力の程、何卒よろしくお願いいたします。

今後とも『Fate/Grand Order』をよろしくお願いいたします。

Google Translate proves somewhat unilluminating.

Can someone who has me on their friends list post my ID number? I should show up as Troika, with Siegfried in the lead.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, i'm a huge retard who decided to do 5 single rolls, and now i have 3 more Black Keys, another Shinji, and another loving Primeval Magic. I really need to learn my lesson about never ever using Quartz for anything else than AP/inventory upgrades.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

-Troika- posted:

Can someone who has me on their friends list post my ID number? I should show up as Troika, with Siegfried in the lead.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

Welp, i'm a huge retard who decided to do 5 single rolls, and now i have 3 more Black Keys, another Shinji, and another loving Primeval Magic. I really need to learn my lesson about never ever using Quartz for anything else than AP/inventory upgrades.

Gotta upgrade those 4*/5* Craft Essences with something.

edit: Do the event Craft Essences give their bonus even if backup servants use them, or do they need to be equipped on your starting party? I got the 5* one from a gacha ticket and I'm wondering if I should stick the 3* one on one of my backup guys.

Speaking of which, that 5* CE (it appears to be a different one than the one you can purchase from the event shop) appears to be incredibly useful. 500HP/turn over a long fight is a pretty huge deal. It's much better than the Nero CE from the last event.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 27, 2015

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Gotta upgrade those 4*/5* Craft Essences with something.

edit: Do the event Craft Essences give their bonus even if backup servants use them, or do they need to be equipped on your starting party? I got the 5* one from a gacha ticket and I'm wondering if I should stick the 3* one on one of my backup guys.

They stack no matter where they are in your party.

So apparently they're gonna implement a 2 to 1 gold dango trade when the event ends, making any run that isnt the 5 AP inefficient. http://typemoon.com/news/2015/s60qh1

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 27, 2015

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So is there a good OP for getting into Grand Order, because it looks interesting and something to do on lunch breaks, but no idea where to start even picking it up.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

legoman727 posted:

So is there a good OP for getting into Grand Order, because it looks interesting and something to do on lunch breaks, but no idea where to start even picking it up.

http://pastebin.com/G669xgbK this 4chan pastebin is what I used. It's got basically everything you'll need to know starting out.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Compendium posted:

Why does this Archer want dangos when she's got dangos for days.

Gonna skip the joke to quote some translations. :v:

quote:

the dango are technically an offering to gods, so even though they didn't mean to the Chaldea team kinda woke Artemis up by having tsukimi in a place with a HS summoning system. But when she woke up she was "hungry" (no magical energy) so she wanted the dango to recharge (offerings to the moon -> she's a moon goddess -> "these are all for me lol"). So she tried to steal them but there were traps around the fridge (???) so she transported the fridge's contents into Orleans, but then they got intercepted by Marie & co, so she had Guda & co go after them for her. And once she's had enough dango to be powered up to Servant level she fights them to test their abilities in case they summon her someday.
Orion appears at the very beginning making muffled noises and gets shut up by Artemis but otherwise isn't involved at all lol.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Kyte posted:

Gonna skip the joke to quote some translations. :v:

Oh, thanks. That's pretty hilarious and silly, but there's definitely a lot of moments in Fate/GO where they're not taking themselves too seriously (see Saber Alter's interlude).

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
The best thing about the event's story is Sasaki Kojiro being officially recognized in game as a dragon slayer for his efforts in France.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get a code for the Beginning Of A Journey CE is? Should i just buy the relevant Type-Moon Ace issue before it becomes completely impossible to get, or is there some place where people are reselling just the CE codes?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish Japan would think about us western people who are playing this game and how impossible it is for us to get some stuff.

You know... When they realize we are playing their phone game... One day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

I wish Japan would think about us western people who are playing this game and how impossible it is for us to get some stuff.

You know... When they realize we are playing their phone game... One day.

In two years they'll release a western version that will forever be extremely behind on updates.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

In two years they'll release a western version that will forever be extremely behind on updates.

i didn't know sega made grand order

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Hivac posted:

i didn't know sega made grand order

2 years. Haha. Good one, man.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I sincerely doubt FGO will ever get a Western release. It's not like FSN is super popular like, say, the usual Shounen Jump suspects.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's had a healthy following in the west for a long time, not super popular but it's know pretty well amongst even like... I can't put this any other less pretentious way, but surface level anime fans. It helps that it was an entire meme on 4Chan for the longest time.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fate/Zero did give it more exposure, that's for sure. Still, though... who would even license it over here?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno man, but the series keeps getting localizations for anime and games (Except CCC) and the possibility of an official localization becomes realer now that a Vita port and massive demand for Mangagamer to localize it exists.

I'm not gonna say it's realistic, but the series does keep finding ways to remain relevant.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get a code for the Beginning Of A Journey CE is? Should i just buy the relevant Type-Moon Ace issue before it becomes completely impossible to get, or is there some place where people are reselling just the CE codes?

Is there any good reason to want it, other than just to collect different CEs? It seems like it doesn't take long to acquire all you'll ever want from the friendpoint gacha. In the relatively short time I've been playing, I'm pretty sure I have every single 1-2* servant (and maybe all 3* ones) and every 1-2* servant is at level 3+ Noble Phantasm. And all the non-servants stuff is either completely useless 1-2* xp cards or 1-2* CEs (which are effectively lovely CE XP cards). I don't really feel that I would benefit much from being able to use the friendpoint gacha more frequently.

Speaking of 1*/2* XP cards, I kind of wish that they would stop mailing me a 1* XP card every single day. I just end up having to waste time using them (or just burning them) to keep my servant bank from filling up.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Mostly i just want to experience the crushing disappointment of getting total garbage without having to waste Quartz on it

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of 1*/2* XP cards, I kind of wish that they would stop mailing me a 1* XP card every single day. I just end up having to waste time using them (or just burning them) to keep my servant bank from filling up.

It's loving maddening that they even do the stupid loving opening animations for them too. Like wow thanks, 1* assassin exp, I'm so grateful for the 1/1000th of a Hassan level.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Those freebie Rider Monuments sure came in handy.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Schubalts posted:

2 years. Haha. Good one, man.

i was gonna clarify that as a psu joke and go on about sega never localizing stuff but it would be too long-winded

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Freak Futanari posted:

There was a reprint of TMA, so it's selling for reasonable prices in Amazon JP.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B3%E...%83%BC%E3%82%B9

I can't actually read moon so I can't offer further details.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Omg the next event is awesome!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Even more free poo poo, better login bonuses (finally), AND they're releasing a Taiga CE?? RIP my Quartz

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, that new 5* CE sounds like it blows (unless you're using a servant like Medea maybe). There's already a 5* that gives a 40% bonus to NPs, and if the battle is lasting long enough for you to really take advantage of the extra 20% on this new CE, that 500 HP per turn demerit is going to wreck you. I guess it could maybe be useful if you're grinding levels that you're pretty sure you can beat, but it sounds like a terrible idea for tackling difficult content.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
On the other hand Zecchan CE is gonna be great when there's EotM spammers dicking about.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Man, that new 5* CE sounds like it blows (unless you're using a servant like Medea maybe). There's already a 5* that gives a 40% bonus to NPs, and if the battle is lasting long enough for you to really take advantage of the extra 20% on this new CE, that 500 HP per turn demerit is going to wreck you. I guess it could maybe be useful if you're grinding levels that you're pretty sure you can beat, but it sounds like a terrible idea for tackling difficult content.

Nah, even for Medea it sounds bad. Her NP really doesn't do that much damage, even to Assassins, with its main utility being the fact that it removes all their buffs when it hits(even Invulnerability!). I'd much rather not impinge on her survivability just to get a bit extra damage instead of more use of that utility.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

Nah, even for Medea it sounds bad. Her NP really doesn't do that much damage, even to Assassins, with its main utility being the fact that it removes all their buffs when it hits(even Invulnerability!). I'd much rather not impinge on her survivability just to get a bit extra damage instead of more use of that utility.

I feel like it would be okay if this was a game where healing existed in any significant capacity, but as it is all fights boil down to a race to kill the enemies before they can fire off more than a couple Noble Phantasms (you might be able to make an exception to this with the right party involving a servant like Jeanne, but generally speaking it's true). 500 HP per turn is just brutal; if a fight lasts 10 turns (which is pretty normal for any sort of content that is around normal difficulty for your party), that's basically the same thing as having 5,000 less HP.

That being said, I'd like to equip that card onto an Arash with a level 5 NP just to see how much damage his suicide NP does with it.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
The Red chest from Da Vinci's shop can be purchased for 10 mana prisms and contains 4 summoning tickets. The last ticket gave me Vlad. I can't wait to put back Kaleidoscope on him because of his level 2 NP :getin:

Edit:
I finally got up to +990 attack bonus from the Fou cards on Vlad. I have no clue who I want to buff up next since I use Ushiwakamaru, Zhuge Liang, EMIYA, and Elizabeth equally.

BurningDance fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 30, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
5 summon tickets and all you could get me was food for Nero CE

EDIT: what even are these fluffy animal exp things

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 30, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BurningDance posted:

The Red chest from Da Vinci's shop can be purchased for 10 mana prisms and contains 4 summoning tickets.

She also has summon tickets directly for sale for 20 prisms each.

Baal posted:

EDIT: what even are these fluffy animal exp things

They increase a servant's health or attack when fed to them like exp cards.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I think i'm just gonna save all the summoning tickets, and probably all the Quartz from the event too, until they finally add Caster Tamamo and/or Li Shuwen, since i don't really care about Kintoki OR Artemis.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want Kintoki because he's GOLD

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Also, the new 40AP exp dailies are loving awesome. I just did one and got 8 gold cards and 1 silver card

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Also, the new 40AP exp dailies are loving awesome. I just did one and got 8 gold cards and 1 silver card

yeah but those fuckers are healthy as hell and hit like a truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It may not be Kintoki but it's beautiful