Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Tennant is going to be using his not very good American accent for this isn't he.

Kilgrave is supposed to be Eastern European so he'll prob- yes. Almost certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully it will just work as "unique villain voice".

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Kheldarn posted:

Also, the music was Thousand Eyes by Of Monsters And Men, a pretty cool group from Iceland.

https://twitter.com/TheMarvelReport/status/641986112244817920

For those wondering: the song is Of Monsters and Men - Thousand Eyes which you can buy on @iTunes! https://itun.es/i6SF8xk #JessicaJones

And on Google Play if you use Android: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Blkdxjqwk36nbdddbwd6oapuofu&tid=song-T7c4weagftt6osobitdz7wfdzrm

Of Monsters and Men is a very cool band :allears:

Loved the trailer and can't wait to watch everything on a single weekend.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I'm thinking of taking the Friday off from work when this releases. It will go live on Netflix at Midnight American time right, so by the time I wake up in England it should be all good to go?

The teaser was spot-on in terms of tone and alcohol content. These Marvel Netflix series are going in hard on the on-screen alcohol consumption!

Definitely going to re-read Alias just before this drops as well, and Luke Cage is sounding like it's going to be so much fun.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
JJ cast to appear NYCC: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvels-jessica-jones-cast-to-appear-at-nycc

So watch YouTube for when those panels get uploaded I guess. :lol:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I thought it was called AKA Jessica Jones?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They changed it a few months ago.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

howe_sam posted:

Tennant is going to be using his not very good American accent for this isn't he.

Once I accepted The Purple Man wasn't James Woods, I found that I'm fine with just about any voice instead.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
A new ad for Jessica Jones:

https://www.facebook.com/JessicaJonesLat/videos/803635899747633/

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I wonder if she buys alarm clocks in bulk.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

nelson posted:

I wonder if she buys alarm clocks in bulk.

From an ironic retro clock store on Etsy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's a picture from the current Luke Cage filming.

And yes, that is Ervin Burrell right there next to him. Had no idea Frankie Faison was in this show, but I will most definitely take it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

X-O posted:

And yes, that is Ervin Burrell right there next to him. Had no idea Frankie Faison was in this show, but I will most definitely take it.

He'll always be the Black Fuhrer of Harlem to me

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Just finished watching Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23.

Not sure if my level of excitement for Chloe with super strength vs. mind-control Doctor Who can be met, but I hope so.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

X-O posted:

Faison is loving amazing on Banshee, so seeing in Luke Cage is great.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

Where's my money honey?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Luke Cage got bigger titties than Jessica Jones.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Feige specifically mentions DD when talking about movies/TV crossovers

quote:

As for whether the films will feature any of the TV shows' characters if they're used on the big screen -- a reporter asked if, for example, a Spider-Man movie featuring Kingpin would use Vincent D'Onforio -- Feige said, "I don't know, probably. That would probably be the cool thing to do. That particular scenario has not come up yet.

I cannot express how amazing it would be to see D'Onforio's Kingpin dealing with a character like Spiderman.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
http://youtu.be/F5vG6JXbT38 Second teaser for JJ. I hope we get to see the fight!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm gonna be that guy, I didn't like D'onofrio as Kingpin. That raspy voice he affected just did not work for me and undercut everything else that was on-point.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HIJK posted:

http://youtu.be/F5vG6JXbT38 Second teaser for JJ. I hope we get to see the fight!

Maybe this is more for the annoying moments thread but boy I sure hate the way they cut songs up for trailers and commercials these days.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

HIJK posted:

She should've loving shattered the glass at the end there

Anyway give us a real drat trailer c'mon

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

HIJK posted:

Tall Slut, No Panties is finally a reality.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

zoux posted:

Feige specifically mentions DD when talking about movies/TV crossovers

I cannot express how amazing it would be to see D'Onforio's Kingpin dealing with a character like Spiderman.

Isn't Carol Danvers the more likely TV/Movie cross over? But I take it we're doing Jessica Jones without Carol. Wonder if they're just going to exposition drop her fighting* the Avengers, or change it up completely.

*being destroyed by

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

Isn't Carol Danvers the more likely TV/Movie cross over?

None of this stuff is ever going to cross over, I don't know why he's even being coy about it

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Well I can't imagine they won't bring the Defenders into Infinity War considering how popular these shows are or will be. I mean, the whole reason they split Infinity War into two parts is to shove in every single superhero so they can superhero that poo poo up, or so I would think. It would be completely insane not to.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Yeah I don't know why they'd shy away from including a Daredevil cameo somewhere, he's an A list character.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Gyges posted:

Isn't Carol Danvers the more likely TV/Movie cross over? But I take it we're doing Jessica Jones without Carol. Wonder if they're just going to exposition drop her fighting* the Avengers, or change it up completely.

*being destroyed by

They seem to have replaced Carol with Patsy Walker for the series.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mind the walrus posted:

I'm gonna be that guy, I didn't like D'onofrio as Kingpin. That raspy voice he affected just did not work for me and undercut everything else that was on-point.

This is the worst opinion I've ever seen in the history of The Something Awful Forums. :stare:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Zythrst posted:

Yeah I don't know why they'd shy away from including a Daredevil cameo somewhere, he's an A list character.

No he isn't. Not to say he isn't given proper respect but even in the comics he's cordoned off in his own little corner and rarely crosses over with anything else, at least in modern times. The last time I even remember him appearing in a big event was during Civil War and he was not a big part of that either.

HIJK posted:

Well I can't imagine they won't bring the Defenders into Infinity War considering how popular these shows are or will be. I mean, the whole reason they split Infinity War into two parts is to shove in every single superhero so they can superhero that poo poo up, or so I would think. It would be completely insane not to.

Not really, there's no guarantee Defenders will be a big hit and there'll probably be more than enough characters in Infinity War. Besides the whole point of Defenders is that they're the street level heroes, they sure as poo poo aren't going to be messing around with loving Thanos.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean I loved him as Kingpin, but there were a few lines where I thought his voice sounded forced and I didn't like it. It's easy to interpret that though as the character trying to sound a certain way and it being forced. Either way, a great performance is always worth a few rough spots.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hakkesshu posted:

No he isn't. Not to say he isn't given proper respect but even in the comics he's cordoned off in his own little corner and rarely crosses over with anything else, at least in modern times. The last time I even remember him appearing in a big event was during Civil War and he was not a big part of that either.

Being part of the larger universe isn't the same as being a major character. When it comes to comics Daredevil is absolutely one of the top Marvel characters and has had more great runs featuring top level talent than probably any other character in the company.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

Not really, there's no guarantee Defenders will be a big hit and there'll probably be more than enough characters in Infinity War. Besides the whole point of Defenders is that they're the street level heroes, they sure as poo poo aren't going to be messing around with loving Thanos.

Daredevil never made it big until, like, now. Respected but not well known.

I guess a more honest opinion would be that I want Charlie Cox to be in Infinity War.

Snak posted:

I mean I loved him as Kingpin, but there were a few lines where I thought his voice sounded forced and I didn't like it. It's easy to interpret that though as the character trying to sound a certain way and it being forced. Either way, a great performance is always worth a few rough spots.

Agree with this. D'Onofrio was good but he wasn't the most amazing ever.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Deakul posted:

This is the worst opinion I've ever seen in the history of The Something Awful Forums. :stare:

I didn't like him at first, but by episode 5 or 6 I was watching more for him than for anything else. Seeing him vs. Spider-Man in the style of USM would be loving incredible, though obviously it will never happen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mastajake posted:

I didn't like him at first, but by episode 5 or 6 I was watching more for him than for anything else. Seeing him vs. Spider-Man in the style of USM would be loving incredible, though obviously it will never happen.

"Are you hitting on me?"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hakkesshu posted:

Actually, he wasn't even in Civil War.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

The street level heroes will probably be fighting Thanos' minions, yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gyges posted:

Actually, he wasn't even in Civil War.

30 pieces of silver, bro.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

zoux posted:

30 pieces of silver, bro.

That was Iron Fist standing in for Matt. :flashfact:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU