Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
is there an emoji that makes non committal sounds while looking concerned and nodding, if so send her that

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

I think I finally managed to win a game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Steelers sucked this week and I forgot to set my lineup before noon so definitely in for a loss.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I had one of the best weekends I've ever had this weekend.

One of my best friends got married, and I was a groomsman. I think you get a handful of people in your life where you instantly click and work extremely well with, and this guy is one of them. We've written, directed, and acted in shows together and it's always a blast. He's funny, smart, and one of the most loyal people I know. I had the luck of introducing the couple. and they are an amazing team and both great people. His family is from a few states over, and I got to meet them for the first time, and they were instantly welcoming to everybody and had the same sense of humor and boisterous joie de vivre that my friend has. Some highlights:

The wedding party overall closely resembled a barbarian war band as the median height and weight was about 6'4 and 250.

I meet his dad: "You're Keane, I've heard a lot about you." "All good things I hope." "Nope. Entertaining things though."

For photos we all struck wrestling poses. The officiant and the groom posed with the groom delivering a backbreaker.

Pretty much everybody crying as the couple starts crying while delivering their vows.

Riding go karts in tuxedos.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the patriots are good

also, the jaguars are bad

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Steelers sucked this week and I forgot to set my lineup before noon so definitely in for a loss.

My team just went nuts. Four players above 20 points is tough to overcome

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

My team just went nuts. Four players above 20 points is tough to overcome

I mean I'm not playing you Magnus. Just lamenting my own game.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I mean I'm not playing you Magnus. Just lamenting my own game.

I thought I was playing against tmm lol

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Keane everyone is ignoring your story because they can't handle it but I can and I think that was an awesome weekend I am very glad to know you had a great time :) weddings own.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

One of my best friends got married, and I was a groomsman. I think you get a handful of people in your life where you instantly click and work extremely well with, and this guy is one of them. We've written, directed, and acted in shows together and it's always a blast. He's funny, smart, and one of the most loyal people I know. I had the luck of introducing the couple. and they are an amazing team and both great people. His family is from a few states over, and I got to meet them for the first time, and they were instantly welcoming to everybody and had the same sense of humor and boisterous joie de vivre that my friend has. Some highlights:

The wedding party overall closely resembled a barbarian war band as the median height and weight was about 6'4 and 250.

I meet his dad: "You're Keane, I've heard a lot about you." "All good things I hope." "Nope. Entertaining things though."

For photos we all struck wrestling poses. The officiant and the groom posed with the groom delivering a backbreaker.

Pretty much everybody crying as the couple starts crying while delivering their vows.

:3:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Keane everyone is ignoring your story because they can't handle it but I can and I think that was an awesome weekend I am very glad to know you had a great time :) weddings own.

This is a story just for you.

The father of the groom was in an industrial accident and lost his legs years ago. He uses prosthetics and a wheel chair to get around. The bride and groom did this (very sweet and very thoughtful and exactly like the two of them) thing where they played the wedding song of the parents and the married members of the wedding party so they could have a moment to relive it. When the wedding song of the mother and father of the groom came on, the father slowly got up, walked to the dance floor with his cane, tossed it to the ground and danced with his wife. It owned pretty hard.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

You looked snazzy in your tux, Keane!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Klungar posted:

You looked snazzy in your tux, Keane!

Thanks!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CCKeane posted:

This is a story just for you.

The father of the groom was in an industrial accident and lost his legs years ago. He uses prosthetics and a wheel chair to get around. The bride and groom did this (very sweet and very thoughtful and exactly like the two of them) thing where they played the wedding song of the parents and the married members of the wedding party so they could have a moment to relive it. When the wedding song of the mother and father of the groom came on, the father slowly got up, walked to the dance floor with his cane, tossed it to the ground and danced with his wife. It owned pretty hard.

As an occasional wedding DJ, that is a rad thing I had not thought of before.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Live by the QB/WR pairing, die by the QB/WR pairing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

As an occasional wedding DJ, that is a rad thing I had not thought of before.

It was really awesome. The bride and groom are both incredible friends and the groom is one of those people where if you called him up at 3am he would be in the car and in front of your place before you hung up the phone. It was a wonderful way of making the day even more special and touched on the love that they share for each other and their loved ones. I really, really liked the idea.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Allen Wren posted:

Live by the QB/WR pairing, die by the QB/WR pairing.

I'm telling you, defense is underrated. Less ability for injuries to hurt you. Get two, play the best match-up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
That's an awesome weekend Keane! Sounds like a really good wedding :3:

Last wedding I went to the best man slept with the bride's married sister; they got caught and ruined it for everyone.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

That's an awesome weekend Keane! Sounds like a really good wedding :3:

Last wedding I went to the best man slept with the bride's married sister; they got caught and ruined it for everyone.

:aaa:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'd tell Keane that his weekend sounded like a lovely time and I'm glad for both him and his newlywed friends, but he is Achaen trash and all Spartans must die!!!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

I'm telling you, defense is underrated. Less ability for injuries to hurt you. Get two, play the best match-up.

It's what I'm doing, and it's working out pretty goddamn well thus far.

Oh my GOD I should have started the Cardinals though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

:hfive: Way to go, amazing weekend buddy!

HiipFire posted:

sounds pretty sick imo

uranus posted:

sounds pretty boss

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

I thought I was playing against tmm lol

Yeah and my team blows.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Emoji Mafia, a game which started on Thursday, has ended in a 100% perfect town victory.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Emoji Mafia, a game which started on Thursday, has ended in a 100% perfect town victory.

Still in shock.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Podima posted:

Still in shock.

Podima is an Elite Mafia player. :swoon:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

What am I then :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Someone Awful! posted:

Someone Awful!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

And the best perfect town victory of 2015 goes to... Funfia! Sorry Emoji guys.

I may read your thread though since that's always a pretty cool result.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

And the best perfect town victory of 2015 goes to... Funfia! Sorry Emoji guys.

I may read your thread though since that's always a pretty cool result.

Was Funfia completely perfect? This had a doctor protect the nightkill while a cop got a scum result on the second scum N1 after cuddling a scum D1. It was 100% perfect. I've never seen it before.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

Was Funfia completely perfect? This had a doctor protect the nightkill while a cop got a scum result on the second scum N1 after cuddling a scum D1. It was 100% perfect. I've never seen it before.

I think except for Jar Jar Binks resurrection (which wasn't preventable) it was? I can't remember but I don't think any town died, even if one got converted. I may be wrong.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday I felt better than I have in months.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Someone Awful! posted:

My best buddy :glomp:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I've been in 2 games and I've killed you in both of them. :( We need to be on the same side next game!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

I have had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday I felt better than I have in months.
finally kicked the cashews?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Don't kick Opop in the cashews, that's mean.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

Short game huh? Maybe I'll actually read a game I haven't played in. I've never heard of such a thing.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Short game huh? Maybe I'll actually read a game I haven't played in. I've never heard of such a thing.

hope you like my shitposting, there's a lot of it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Remember yall, supermoon, end of the world, etc etc, starts soon! It will be in the total eclipse from 9:11pm to 10:27pm central, so it'll begin in just under 2 hours from this post for those of you who just want to look at this post's timestamp and go from there.