Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I went to the dentist. I assume they just dumped a load of something funny into a vein by accident because I am shaking like I've had way too much coffee. So many typing corrections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

feedmegin posted:

I'm going to make a meatloaf wellington tonight.

i'll probably just make something involving loads of chicken breast and brown rice because ive been spending too much time reading YLLS lately

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

goatface posted:

I went to the dentist. I assume they just dumped a load of something funny into a vein by accident because I am shaking like I've had way too much coffee. So many typing corrections.

what did you git dun

a couple of years ago i got 2 teeth extracted and the dentist had to inject so much that i could hardly walk after. i also had blood all dripping down and i scared some children who were on the bus. nobody made eye contact with me, i think people assumed i was drunk and had been fighting or something :cool:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A big filling they put in a couple of years ago decided last month that it didn't want to be a filling any more. So now they have smashed it back to a nubbin they're going to stick a crown on in a couple of weeks. Pretty sure a private would have had this done in a few days rather than 6 weeks, but it's never hurt & it's being done for free, so w/e.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

NaDy posted:

i'll probably just make something involving loads of chicken breast and brown rice because ive been spending too much time reading YLLS lately

Same, except i'm vegetarian and starting lifting weights so i'm eating my bodyweight in dairy every day instead of chicken

The milk farts are loving terrible

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'm vegetarian too

have you considered nuts

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Infinite amounts of beans and dairy. The fartiest of all possible futures.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Imagine not eating meat.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think this is the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in

e: the shower doesn't even reach up to my chin

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

This is some hardcore spin for "we got rid of the restaurant so we could put some more tiny rooms in"

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Sausages in Stone this weekend

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Party Boat posted:

This is some hardcore spin for "we got rid of the restaurant so we could put some more tiny rooms in"

what chain is it part of?

i have a particular dislike of premier inn - they're poo poo

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Travelodge (in central London)

The Danubis just around the corner is very very nice and they usually bump me up to the executive suite but their rates were just outside what I could authorise this time :(

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Premier Inn is infinitely better than Travelodge.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

sout posted:

Kinda wanna see the fancy moon tonight but 1am? ehhhhhhh.
e: it's way past my bedtime
you missed very little imo

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I did chili con carne with hickory smoked mince and chipotle it was good

sout
Apr 24, 2014

youtube commenter posted:

you missed very little imo

I actually saw it cuz I'm a big dumbass. You're right.
Oh well, got up for like 5 minutes and dropped right back to sleep so no harm done.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

did you manage to get a picture? I couldn't get anything on my piece of poo poo camera

edit: i got a couple of it mid eclipse but it was too dark at fill eclipse

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Pedricko posted:

Sausages in Stone this weekend

I used to live in stone. It's the food festival I guess.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fluo posted:

I did chili con carne with hickory smoked mince and chipotle it was good

chipotles in adobo are really good. also use pork shoulder if you want to do it properly and have it be cheap still and have the time

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Dysgenesis posted:

I used to live in stone. It's the food festival I guess.

That's what it is. Can you tell me anything about it? Is it standard tents in a field?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

feedmegin posted:

I'm going to make a meatloaf wellington tonight.

I made this http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/08/chili-lime-pork-loin/ and had it with some stir fried veg and rice. It was lovely and I have some left over to eat later.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Pedricko posted:

That's what it is. Can you tell me anything about it? Is it standard tents in a field?

It usually is on westbrige park which is on the southern tip of the ring road. It's a bit better than a field. Usually there is one big complex of tents that join up and then a separate main tent for any demos.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DrWrestling69 posted:

I made this http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/08/chili-lime-pork-loin/ and had it with some stir fried veg and rice. It was lovely and I have some left over to eat later.

a good way to do roast pork loin is use a pestle and mortar and grind chilli/fennel seed/salt/garlic and cover the pork and roast it and pork loin is cheap as gently caress

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

chipotles in adobo are really good. also use pork shoulder if you want to do it properly and have it be cheap still and have the time

I'll try this sometime! :)

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Jose posted:

a good way to do roast pork loin is use a pestle and mortar and grind chilli/fennel seed/salt/garlic and cover the pork and roast it and pork loin is cheap as gently caress

Usually I just slice it up thin and marinade it then stir fry it. This was insanely good though. I poured what was left of the juice out of the roasting tin onto it too.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
fat means flavour, wheres the fat on that

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

fat means flavour, wheres the fat on that

on the goon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DrWrestling69 posted:

Usually I just slice it up thin and marinade it then stir fry it. This was insanely good though. I poured what was left of the juice out of the roasting tin onto it too.

that looks really good, what i was suggesting is more of a traditional roast. makes some really good gravy using the spices etc off the pork + stock and lemon juice. as spicy as you want to make it

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Jose posted:

that looks really good, what i was suggesting is more of a traditional roast. makes some really good gravy using the spices etc off the pork + stock and lemon juice. as spicy as you want to make it

I will for sure try that. I buy pork loin a lot because of how cheap and tasy it is.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
I also ate some eric the elephants earlier. They are sainsos knock off percy pigs.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Dysgenesis posted:

It usually is on westbrige park which is on the southern tip of the ring road. It's a bit better than a field. Usually there is one big complex of tents that join up and then a separate main tent for any demos.

That sounds good to me, about standard for a festival. I've got this huge new van that I'm not at all comfortable bay parking in, which isn't a problem on a field

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

continuing my efforts to befriend a cat that sometimes appears on my balcony

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DrWrestling69 posted:

I will for sure try that. I buy pork loin a lot because of how cheap and tasy it is.

use loads of garlic + fennel btw. chilli as much as you think you can get away with

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im in an Oxford hotel; an hour ago I was in an Oxford club, on a Monday

kill

meeee

Fluo
May 25, 2007

:munch:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

DrWrestling69 posted:

pork loin is great to make shoga yaki ginger pork, I make it a lot I recommend trying it sometime. If you're not a fan of onions you can use peppers, carrots and such and add it after adding the pork

heres the recipe I use:
Ingredients

fresh ginger root
thinly sliced pork
onion
soy sauce
cooking sake
mirin
rice

How To Prepare

1: Begin by slicing your pork into very thin slices approximately 3-5mm in thickness. The thinner you can get the pork, the better the results for this dish.

2: Peel the ginger like you would a potato or carrot and either grate the ginger or slice/chop it up into small pieces.

3: In a large bowl, mix up a few tablespoons each of soy sauce, cooking sake and mirin.

4: Add the sliced pork and grated ginger to the bowl, mix the ingredients together well and let the them marinade for about 10 minutes to bring out the flavours.

5: While the pork is marinading, slice up a whole onion and start heating up some oil in a frying pan.

6: Add the pork, ginger and marinade to the pan and cook until the meat has cooked through. Then add the sliced onions and continue cooking on a medium heat until all the ingredients are cooked.

7: Take off the heat and serve with freshly boiled white rice to enjoy this delicious dish.

Tips and Information

- Freezing the pork a little before slicing can help with getting very thin slices which are perfect for this recipe.
- You can even eat this dish cold which means that it will taste great in a bento box for lunch tomorrow.
- Like many Japanese dishes, this can be accompanied with thinly sliced cabbage to be served on the side.

Photo last time I made it:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i love soup dumplings

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
better be adding some sausage to that shoga yaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im going to dublin this weekend. what is there to do in dublin?