Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that's another thing that's awesome about Publix: their bread is really hearty and is very resistant to getting soggy even overnight in the fridge, which is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why go to a sandwich shop? Just make your own.

1lb of Polish ham = $5.00
1/2 of Genoa salami = $3.00
1/2 of Swiss cheese = $4.00
1 loaf of rye bread = $3.00

You should be able to make 4 sandwiches which comes out to about $3.75 a sandwich. Adding lettuce and tomato does not significantly increase the cost and you should have mustard and mayo on hand.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

Why go to a sandwich shop? Just make your own.

1lb of Polish ham = $5.00
1/2 of Genoa salami = $3.00
1/2 of Swiss cheese = $4.00
1 loaf of rye bread = $3.00

You should be able to make 4 sandwiches which comes out to about $3.75 a sandwich. Adding lettuce and tomato does not significantly increase the cost and you should have mustard and mayo on hand.

perhaps it is not solely about the economics of sandwich consumption

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

perhaps it is not solely about the economics of sandwich consumption

It's always about the economics of sandwich consumption.

Plus it tastes better.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also my sandwiches are so beautiful that you would weep while eating them because you'd be destroying a work of art. But one that is delicious.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh ok thread, time to bask in the eternal glory of TMMadman's bespoke artesianal sandwiches

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kumbamontu posted:

The objectively best sandwich from Subway is the Italian BMT with sweet onion sauce

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have heard great things. I will go one day.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He's got a point. A lot easier to make your own sandwiches. Though speaking from my experience the glory of the Deli does not necessarily exist everywhere. It's really hard to come by a good Deli in France. You can get your regular ham and roast beef and great ones at that, but bologna is not a given nor is the more exotic meats like liverwurst and the like. Generally speaking, at least here the exotic Italian/German/Jewish meats that I've been so accustomed to in New England, can't be found (easily) in Paris. There's a couple of Jewish deli's in that part of town but it's SO expensive. I think 6 bagels in those shops runs you nearly 8 euro or something absurd like that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
meat is murder that being said I would probably murder someone right now for a wawa italian hoagie.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My favorite sub place is a place called Planet Sub which has a big 70s aesthetic and I believe is just another name for Yello Sub. They have hot and cold sandwiches, cheap and wrapped in foil. Messy but delicious.

I also like Subway and Jimmy John's though. I live in a chain restaurant city so it not a big deal to me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I... Hate rye. :(

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Little Mac posted:

I... Hate rye. :(
If you can't enjoy the taste, at least hang around for the ergot poisoning

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I can't have bread.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

I can't have bread.

nobody was talking about ethics in sandwich consumption, jeez

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The best thing about wawa is that people from Jersey flip the gently caress out if you insult wawas.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I bet Diqnol is crying right now because I besmirch ed the honor of wawa.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
wawa is the sound of the crying you hear.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Look Under The Rock posted:

Mafia thread, I have been preparing for a piano assessment for a couple weeks now and I think I finally have the centerpiece of my lineup (a medley of Warren Zevon songs) finally nailed down, I worked on it for a couple hours today and it sounds sooo good!! I am rewarding myself with a sandwich from Subway because it's one of the on-campus food vendors and I can pay for it with financial aid.

Quote this post, tell me your favorite sub shop and what you order there, and I'll tell you which problem from today's math homework you are.

What Zevon songs? I'm huge into his stuff. (I also made him the SK in my first Mafia game, which was themed on the LA rock scene of the 70s)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I bet Diqnol is crying right now because I besmirch ed the honor of wawa.

Nah man, I love Wawa as a store but their sandwiches are only convenient, not particularly good

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The cheese on the meatball parm sub is never actually melted but w/e still tasted good

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

nobody was talking about ethics in sandwich consumption, jeez

Is it ethical to eat white bread? Is is racist to separate ryes into dark and light? What about seeded vs unseeded? Are you showing a prejudice if you choose an Italian roll over French bread?

I think we knead to roll up our sleeves and not loaf when it comes to the ethics of bread. At the very yeast, we can rise up and dough the right thing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:captainpop:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kumbamontu posted:

The objectively best sandwich from Subway is the Italian BMT with sweet onion sauce

It's actually the meatball marinara + pepperoni + buffalo, but your option is close.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

Is it ethical to eat white bread? Is is racist to separate ryes into dark and light? What about seeded vs unseeded? Are you showing a prejudice if you choose an Italian roll over French bread?

I think we knead to roll up our sleeves and not loaf when it comes to the ethics of bread. At the very yeast, we can rise up and dough the right thing.

##vig TMM

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:s: TMMadman, Bernard Gordon, Troll (mafia-aligned jailor), was daykilled by Captain Foo. :s:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It is now N2.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ecco, Ecco's roommate's roommate, scum-aligned thread maker was vigged N2.

It is now D3. Deadline is in 1 year.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote Lumpen

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Back at uni we had the most amazing sub bar in the SU. My favourite was the lamb and mint marinade with crisp lettuce and cucumber on a crusty white sub.

I miss it so much :(

Also ##vote Lumpen

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

Ecco, Ecco's roommate's roommate, scum-aligned thread maker was vigged N2.

It is now D3. Deadline is in 1 year.

lol you're still focused on the fact that ecco was once the mafia OP

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

lol you're still focused on the fact that ecco was once the mafia OP

When asiina closed the thread I sent her a night action via PM to vig ecco.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 27, 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ecco sign up for my game

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
no, everytime I play mafia games recently I get voted out and I hate that so I am taking a break.

also you were rude.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EccoRaven posted:

no, everytime I play mafia games recently I get voted out and I hate that so I am taking a break.

also you were rude.

ayy lmao

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

Didn't you intentionally suicide as a townie with a dayvig on d1 in a recent game? I never understood why you did that

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##vote Lumpen

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

Didn't you intentionally suicide as a townie with a dayvig on d1 in a recent game? I never understood why you did that

The patpat gambit had been played, it was necessary.