Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/features/2015-09-21/we-took-abbath-for-a-day-trip-round-london

e: when did Abbath start shaving?

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Woooow, that is an awful Symphony X setlist

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

False, Mortals and Immortal Bird are all great. Will have to check out those other bands

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

lol nice

one of my new favorite pics:

Abbath is such a goon

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vulture Culture posted:

Pretty good Overkill setlist though. Just throw "I Hate" in there and you've got yourself a party.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vulture Culture posted:

Yah, its pretty much all new stuff. Sins and Shadow was awesome and I was hoping for more off that album / that era. But he's gone full into the heavier new stuff. Maybe they are sick of playing those songs? Who knows.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Kilometers Davis posted:

If you guys think Huntress/Unleash the Archers are dull what female fronted bands are considered good? I have no intentions to argue but female fronted metal rules and I've never paid enough attention to the "genre" until late.

Check out The Oath too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt6xCf9Iivk
They've since broken up and the singer is a new band called Lucifer who sounded really good with the first track they released but the actual album kind of bored me.

Seconding Subrosa.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

Vulture Culture posted:

Yeah, I saw them a couple years ago when they were on a co-headlining tour with Iced Earth, and they only played *one* song that wasn't on Paradise Lost or Iconoclast. Tremendously disappointing. Russell also downed ~1/2 a bottle of rum during the set..

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

lol nice

one of my new favorite pics:

Abbath is such a goon

I'm making this my Facebook cover photo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Just a heads-up to all my fellow cheesy power metal dweebs who might've missed it: The new Gloryhammer album is out, and it's exactly what one should expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8if8xe1ng8

The singalong potential in some of these songs is through the loving roof. Would love to see these guys live.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
This is hilariously entertaining.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I like how King Ov Hell went from being in one of the most "evil"-looking wall of sound-pure-distilled-misanthropy-and-Satanism bands to being in a band with the goofiest, silliest dude in the black metal scene, if not the whole metal scene.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

I like how King Ov Hell went from being in one of the most "evil"-looking wall of sound-pure-distilled-misanthropy-and-Satanism bands to being in a band with the goofiest, silliest dude in the black metal scene, if not the whole metal scene.

It's a really thin line to be fair.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Kvlt! posted:

Sounds like they were always goofy

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

DeusExMachinima posted:

Sounds like they were always goofy

That's one goofy rapist!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

sick

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Turk February posted:

That's one goofy rapist!

Careful with that. I think you're referring to another member of Gorgoroth. Infernus was convicted and served 4 months in prison in winter 2006/2007.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

il_cornuto posted:

It's a really thin line to be fair.

just scroll up

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Careful with that. I think you're referring to another member of Gorgoroth. Infernus was convicted and served 4 months in prison in winter 2006/2007.

Whoops! You are correct. It looks like I've gotten my black metal comic book characters backstories twisted.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kilometers Davis posted:

If you guys think Huntress/Unleash the Archers are dull what female fronted bands are considered good? I have no intentions to argue but female fronted metal rules and I've never paid enough attention to the "genre" until late.

Royal Thunder's pretty cool.

Also check out Crisis, though they split a while back. The singer's since done some work with Ephel Duath, and she's got a new band called Gospel of the Witches.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

sticklefifer posted:

Royal Thunder's pretty cool.

Also check out Crisis, though they split a while back. The singer's since done some work with Ephel Duath, and she's got a new band called Gospel of the Witches.

I like Royal Thunder a lot, but they're definitely one of those not metal but talked about in metal circles bands, like that which shall not be named but is in the thread title.

I actually want more UtA. Love the thrashy riffs and cheese factor, and that chick has a powerful voice.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I was looking for something else on metal archives and I found this cool old death/thrash band called Burnt Offering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2UvZKi8JHw

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

New Black Breath kicks copious amounts of rear end. It's also giving me major old-school Metallica vibes in a couple of spots, especially that closing instrumental.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Hulk Krogan posted:

New Black Breath kicks copious amounts of rear end. It's also giving me major old-school Metallica vibes in a couple of spots, especially that closing instrumental.

I like it too. It feels like they're back on the right track after the massively disappointing second album.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Haven't heard any talk about Arcturus' new album Arcturian, but I dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjiVFDN7db8

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lost Society finished their new album. Can't wait to hear it since it's nothing but good stuff from them.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

the production made me really upset so I stopped after like three songs.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Not horrible (I agree on the production being horrendous to listen to for more than a song or two), but I feel like Vulture Industries is doing a better Arcturus than the genuine article these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZ_pm7R22Q

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Might be old news for you guys but I learned today that Cattle Decapitation are right up my street. Heavy but with some bomb-rear end loving riffage. Any tracks in particular besides this one I should check out?

Forced Gender Reassignment

The actual video for this song is uhh...something. Jesus christ. Anyone who hasn't seen it can google for it but be advised it's A Serbian Film levels of :nms: and obviously :nws:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mackers posted:

Might be old news for you guys but I learned today that Cattle Decapitation are right up my street. Heavy but with some bomb-rear end loving riffage. Any tracks in particular besides this one I should check out?

Forced Gender Reassignment

The actual video for this song is uhh...something. Jesus christ. Anyone who hasn't seen it can google for it but be advised it's A Serbian Film levels of :nms: and obviously :nws:

Just listen to their last two albums.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Finally finishing up school this April and thinking about going to MDF to celebrate. I know this is a totally unpredictable arbitrary question, but how long do you think I have till it sells out? AKA how long do I have to try and convince friends to come to Baltimore with me before I give up and just buy poo poo for a solo vacation for myself? Thinking of going all in for the 4-day pass.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Haha, holy poo poo. I just realized the singer of Origin is an old friend of mine I'd lost touch with. I'd heard Omnipresent without even knowing it was him. That rules.

Fermented Piss
May 17, 2012

attackmole posted:

Finally finishing up school this April and thinking about going to MDF to celebrate. I know this is a totally unpredictable arbitrary question, but how long do you think I have till it sells out? AKA how long do I have to try and convince friends to come to Baltimore with me before I give up and just buy poo poo for a solo vacation for myself? Thinking of going all in for the 4-day pass.

It's gonna take a while. No one is very excited about the lineup. In years past the 4 day passes would have sold it in hours.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

After going through all of the lady metals and a little further into YouTube I have this weird thing where the Japanese stuff entertained me the most. I'm weaboo garbage and it feels great.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kilometers Davis posted:

After going through all of the lady metals and a little further into YouTube I have this weird thing where the Japanese stuff entertained me the most. I'm weaboo garbage and it feels great.
Babymetal is right up your alley I guess.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

symbolic posted:

Babymetal is right up your alley I guess.

I've never listened to them and it's definitely not because I'm afraid I'll like them. Nope. I heard they have dubstep/trance/whatever parts though and that sounds godawful. Just give me vocaloid power metal or something quality unnecessary and I'm down.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I really liked it too. As mentioned before the production was a bit lackluster, but I'm a big fan of black metal so it didn't deter me from fully enjoying the album and listening to it repeatedly for a while.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I posted how much I loved this a few days ago, but now I've listened to all their stuff and holy poo poo Slugdge is amazing.

Despite the name, they're not actually a sludge band, I assume they just wanted the Slug pun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kni1H2idKOs

hopterque fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 30, 2015

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Maybe you like Maximum the Hormone. I know I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Klaaz posted:

Maybe you like Maximum the Hormone. I know I do.

Yeah for sure. I'm not a big fan of spazzy weirdo metal much anymore but hearing them really broke my brain for a while. I'm glad you brought them up because I've been meaning to listen to a few of their albums all the way through instead of just songs.