Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Maybe Finns should try weed instead of alcohol? Or would they get all paranoid and invade Estonia or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
so between finland, denmark, sweden and norway, which country is the least worst to live in?

like i assume it's denmark because it probably has the best weather because it's the most south of them all

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Gibberish posted:

so between finland, denmark, sweden and norway, which country is the least worst to live in?

like i assume it's denmark because it probably has the best weather because it's the most south of them all

Denmark is a bit expensive but yeah, it's the best of the lot. Best weather, best beer, best girls, best weed, best parties.

...unless you look even vaguely middle-eastern in which case stay away, I mean Finns are racist but god drat even compared to us the Danes really, really hate their muslims

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Maybe Finns should try weed instead of alcohol? Or would they get all paranoid and invade Estonia or something?

Maybe?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

How do they reproduce

Do they just have really good dick aim or what

Yes. There was a 2001 study in europe that indicated that finnish men had the highest sperm count. Anti-social behavior in finland is so profound that it's placed selective pressure on men to make their shot count.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Gibberish posted:

Sweden, obviously. Just ask the Syrian refugees luxury migrants!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Naxuz posted:

...unless you look even vaguely middle-eastern in which case stay away, I mean Finns are racist but god drat even compared to us the Danes really, really hate their muslims
Well, we do have roughly 5 times as many per capita as you do. I'm pretty sure that means we're allowed to be up to 5 times as hateful.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Naxuz posted:

Denmark is a bit expensive but yeah, it's the best of the lot. Best weather, best beer, best girls, best weed, best parties.

After having holidayed and worked in all 5 scandic nations, I have to say Denmark is the WORST. Most expensive, most overpriced, most western (I got ripped off twice even though I am pretty smart with money and exchange rates), and the least interesting to visit. Copenhagen has a lovely tiny statue of a mermaid and some painted terraced houses to see....oh and a marijuana village you can't take pics in. The food sucked too...but no, I didn't go to any Michelin starred restaurant there.

I didn't get to see the Fjords of Norway as I was stuck in Helsinki for work, but I would go with Sweden=Iceland (depending on how much you like the outdoors.....I saw my first "vertical" waterfall there for example) > Finland > Norway > Denmark.

I think Denmark would be the least shocking to an American....or perhaps Norway.

spud fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2015

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Gibberish posted:

Levantine decadence is not easily sated, and let's face it, seldom has there been a more choosy lot than Syrians. By now they've seen what the rest of Europe has to offer, and these people know comfort. 8 out of 10 Syrians agree – Sweden is the place to be!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Finnish still think that Reefer Madness was a documentary.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Levantine decadence is not easily sated, and let's face it, seldom has there been a more choosy lot than Syrians. By now they've seen what the rest of Europe has to offer, and these people know comfort. 8 out of 10 Syrians agree – Sweden is the place to be!
Arabs are notorious for having bad taste. Just look at Mecca.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i don't know why you wouldn't pretend that other people aren't there on your daily commute. that's one thing the finns get right

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gibberish posted:

norway. we have the most jobs and the most free money floating around. being a foreigner we'd love to have you doing customer service in electronics shops, picking strawberries, doing telemarketing, bartending or working in a hotel reception or selling Omega-3 supplements on the street.

we have the most useful language for mutual intelligibility, though we clutter it up in regional dialects and two written forms of the language.

you'll get lots of exercise, as there are usually wooded areas or mountains or hills within most towns and cities where you can go for a walk. also you'll find yourself walking alot in any case since public transportation, gas, taxi cabs and cars themselves are all expensive so if you have the time you'll often just find yourself walking someplace, and the cities in general are not designed for bikes.

it gets a bit dark and terrible many places during winter and people can be a bit cold and distant (I'd place norway behind finland and ahead of sweden on the misanthropy index), but fear not! norway has a built in safety valve against this in the form of outrageously expensive alcohol. you'll learn to adapt to this with economical binge drinking, getting most of your drunk on before you go out by drinking fast and heavy at some kind of private venue. if you prefer weed and such it can generally only be easily acquired in the big cities as far as i know, though you can get other stuff in the smaller places, norway is pretty much the scotland of scandinavia as far as heroin use goes.

but yeah, norway is the best. it's pretty great actually.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Typical Finnish returning from bar trip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUyFg9xoPKk

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

spud posted:

I saw my first "vertical" waterfall there for example

What is horizontal waterfall? A river? Aren't all waterfalls vertical?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Finlander out if his element:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juoGdwLTTBM

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Gibberish posted:

Seeden nooeay and demak are interchsngeable pretty mich. Weather migh be sloghtly better in demmark. Some say salaries and quality of life is better in noreay though

Fuckkk typing on a åphone

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sweden had coolet cities

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
norway has the best nature and most money and their vikings so you do the math

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
also swedes are full of themselves and everybody hates them sooo

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
the vikings are rolling in their graves at 18k rpm

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
if vikings rose from their graves theyd beat some sense into swedes

also serious post: mongol and viking societies are quite similar in many ways. viking culture got diluted by faggy continental influences though and mongols liked to fight a bit too much

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

probably not, vikings pillaged for wealth and women and wore makeup and had very well-managed hair

hmmm I wonder what modern scandinavia proper is known for, maybe its attractive women, its high, egalitarian wealth and its faggy men? hmmm

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
yes vikings used garnier fructis 2-in-1 shampoo and mascara from maybelline. also mongols pillaged for wealth and women too so your point is????

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

nauta if your finnish trickery was to come up with a reply so dumb I don't know how to respond, bravo

bravo

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Nauta posted:

yes vikings used garnier fructis 2-in-1 shampoo and mascara from maybelline. also mongols pillaged for wealth and women too so your point is????

Tbf, I have yet to meet a mongolian dude who isn't constantly preening in any mirror he finds.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
oddly enough i feel the same way about you hard counter. vikings valued courage, manliness and violent pragmatism, basically everything that modern day folkhemmet lacks

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Because I am not a caveman / my mongol blood has been diluted enough by 'continental influences', I can see the good points of an egalitarian society that does not run on alcoholism, racism, misogyny and general resentment by badly educated hilbillies.

Then again I like to use conditioner on my hair so I guess Sweden is the country for me, after all, Solsidan here I come :allears:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

given time anyone can change nauta

finns too can take their first steps into the 21st century by ending bog worship and bareknuckle brawling for beer money

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
youve convinced me, truly sweden is the model country everyone should aspire to be!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
more self deprecating polandballs plz

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Finland beat Russia in war because Finns know they're already dead. The most dangerous foe.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Zzulu posted:

loving no one knows where "Suomi" comes from

It's probably swamp, because suo is Finnish for swamp and Finland is almost certainly derived from Fenland.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Tunahead posted:

It's probably swamp, because suo is Finnish for swamp and Finland is almost certainly derived from Fenland.

Suomaa means swamp land, coincidence? You decide.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Spent the last evening whaling on a piece of birch with an axe, and am sending in an application to the Svenska Kulturfonden at this very moment.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Authentic Finnish miak.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Pictured: The most attractive man to ever live in Finland

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Gibberish posted:

I'd like to visit these places, however being a swarthy brown-skin I need to know how racist the countries are.
What about Iceland? How much should I bleach my skin before attempting to enter the country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Pictured: The most attractive man to ever live in Finland

actually

• Locked thread