Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
New episode is up and... no one was right. The movie is the Clint Eastwood movie "The Dead Pool," which is old enough that Jim Carrey is credited as James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mr Jaunts posted:

New episode is up and... no one was right. The movie is the Clint Eastwood movie "The Dead Pool," which is old enough that Jim Carrey is credited as James.

AND Liam Neeson is in it both I forgot about being in that movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mr Jaunts posted:

God drat it, I was reading about that film the other day, even saw the mention of Jim Carrey and Liam Neeson, and it still didn't even register that maybe that would be it.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I have no clue what next week might be. Jack and Jill would be too easy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Jokebot is a great new character
The Island of Doctor Moreau is a possibility

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Obviously it's the long-awaited Master of Disguise episode, since it's a tour de force display of Dana Carvey's acting skills.

I feel kind of bad for not actually calling in after being the one who kicked off the discussion of it here a few months ago, but considering how many people were talking it up at the time I have faith that at least one person actually suggested it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I didn't call in Christmas Do Over, either. I wrote out a pitch for it, and actually got a far as punching the number into my phone, but then I felt guilty because they did one of mine already and there's other people that have called several times and haven't been picked yet :ohdear:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Jokebot is a great new character
The Island of Doctor Moreau is a possibility

Island of Dr. Moreau is probably timely, given that documentary that just came out.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Island of Dr. Moreau is probably timely, given that documentary that just came out.

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau which is on Netflix and a great watch even if you've never seen the movie.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

If you've never seen The Island of Dr. Moreau then please correct that oversight as soon as sandwichly possible

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Does anybody have a mirror for the WHM episode on Jack Frost (the Michael Keaton one, not the Shannon Elizabeth one). The mirror somebody linked on page two of this thread seems to have expired.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Darthemed posted:

Does anybody have a mirror for the WHM episode on Jack Frost (the Michael Keaton one, not the Shannon Elizabeth one). The mirror somebody linked on page two of this thread seems to have expired.

Here's a copy I threw onto dropbox, but the main link is working fine for me.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Thanks, I'd gotten a 'file not found' error last time I tried their link, assumed it hadn't been fixed yet.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DoombatINC posted:

I didn't call in Christmas Do Over, either. I wrote out a pitch for it, and actually got a far as punching the number into my phone, but then I felt guilty because they did one of mine already and there's other people that have called several times and haven't been picked yet :ohdear:

Which episode was that?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

Which episode was that?

Buried Alive - it was always one of those movies where I'd catch it on cable while channel surfing, get totally transfixed by its insanity, then not shut up about it for a week and a half. Highly recommended movie, if you can find a copy.

Oh, and the episode is great, too :v:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

Buried Alive - it was always one of those movies where I'd catch it on cable while channel surfing, get totally transfixed by its insanity, then not shut up about it for a week and a half. Highly recommended movie, if you can find a copy.

Why'dyouhavetokillmybaby?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

Thank you so much for calling this in, because it's a great episode.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Newest episode: The Devil's Advocate! I remember when HDTGM did it; always like when two of 'em do the same movie.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 29, 2015

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Martin Cinemax III makes a return.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Martin Cinemax III makes a return.
I'm a little disappointed they missed Sea of Love in the Cinemax Pacino Collection.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh man I had completely forgotten that Charlize Theron was in this movie. Now all I can think of is Hoo Ha-Era Pachino playing Immortan Joe.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Well, now that Listener Request Month is up, anyone wanna own up to stuff they called in that didn't get picked up for this go-round? My big one was Sweet Liberty, which was written and directed by its star, Alan Alda, with Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Lillian Gish in supporting roles. I also called in 1999's Resurrection, a Se7en wannabe starring Christopher Lambert (who also got a story credit, somehow) and directed by Highlander/Highlander II's Russell Mulcahy, and House of Cards with Tommy Lee Jones as a child psychologist and Kathleen Turner as the mom trying to reach her traumatized daughter through the use of VR and giant-sized playing cards.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Well, now that Listener Request Month is up, anyone wanna own up to stuff they called in that didn't get picked up for this go-round? My big one was Sweet Liberty, which was written and directed by its star, Alan Alda, with Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Lillian Gish in supporting roles.

Did you pitch it with those exact words? Because if so I don't know how they didn't pick it :psyduck:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Still trying to get them to look at Vibrations. I think it's all on YouTube and you should go watch it to find out why.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

weekly font posted:

Still trying to get them to look at Vibrations. I think it's all on YouTube and you should go watch it to find out why.

Wikipedia posted:

Vibrations is a 1996 film directed and written by Michael Paseornek. It is one of the first films to be released on DVD after the movie 'Twister', also from 1996.

Upon release Vibrations had initial success due to its gritty realism and uncompromising (and unconventional) character development. But Vibrations gained a loyal underground following and quickly became a cult classic, helping propel electronic music into the 21st century.

Vibrations follows the true story of TJ Cray, an up and coming rock star in the making. On his way to the big city to audition for an A & R man and secure a record deal, his car is hit by a car load of drunks who then use heavy machinery to sever his hands. With his hands gone TJ falls out of the music business and becomes a homeless drunk with plastic hands. TJ Cray believes all is lost until one night he is awoken in the dirty warehouse he sleeps in by a pulsating rhythmic beat. There's an illegal rave party in the warehouse and TJ is found by Anamika, a computer artist, who takes him outside for fresh air. They become good friends after TJs plastic hands help him stop Anamika getting raped by knife wielding rave thugs. Anamika introduces TJ to her friends, including Geek, who replace TJs plastic hands with metal robot piano playing hands. Eventually TJ has a metallic cyber suit made for him and he pioneers electronic music, becoming an overnight sensation known as Cyberstorm.
...uh huh.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I called in Punisher: War Zone and I'm going to call it in forever and ever until they do it

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's as wonderful as it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S6b7_Z404

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just wanna point out that Vibrations is also on Netflix, if anyone wants it in a crisper-than-Youtube presentation.

Tender Bender posted:

Did you pitch it with those exact words? Because if so I don't know how they didn't pick it :psyduck:
The wording was pretty close to that, yeah. I'm looking forward to the lottery thing they're doing around March, so I can just dump a bunch of suggestions in their hotline. Fingers crossed for next week's episode being Brainscan, since that was an item on my list I didn't get around to calling in.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Darthemed posted:

Well, now that Listener Request Month is up, anyone wanna own up to stuff they called in that didn't get picked up for this go-round? My big one was Sweet Liberty, which was written and directed by its star, Alan Alda, with Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Lillian Gish in supporting roles. I also called in 1999's Resurrection, a Se7en wannabe starring Christopher Lambert (who also got a story credit, somehow) and directed by Highlander/Highlander II's Russell Mulcahy, and House of Cards with Tommy Lee Jones as a child psychologist and Kathleen Turner as the mom trying to reach her traumatized daughter through the use of VR and giant-sized playing cards.

I called in Windows, because it's the worst "legitimate" (i.e. made by people who really should have known better) movie I could have seen - it's offensive as gently caress AND it's one of those New York pre Giuliani sleaze movies that Andrew seems to have some kind of appreciation for. Basically, some woman gets raped in the first seven minutes, by a taxi driver who looks like Andre the Giant, who records her rape on a tape recorder. Turns out he was a hired surrogate rapist for this Evil Lesbian friend of the main woman. Everyone in the movie is an idiot, there's a scene where a frozen cat falls out of a freezer, and absolutely everything in the movie is brown. Also has a score by Ennio Morricone, but it's his worst score - it takes about 37 minutes into the movie before we get any music at all, and it's just a very half-arsed one handed series of notes.

I also called in The Watcher because it's my favourite bad movie ever. It's trying so hard to be cool, and it's colossally stupid. Keanu Reeves plays a gay dancing serial killer who has a crush on James Spader, who plays a drugged-out FBI agent. They did say at some point that this one was a stay tuned, so I have my fingers crossed that they'll get around to it soon.

weekly font posted:

I saw Vibrations yesterday! I would absolutely love WHM to take a look at it - because it's even odder than you think it's going to be. For a start, the movie is mostly a drama. Yeah, it's not like..a fun teen movie, it's a Serious Drama about a man's trauma after a brutal accident. The first thirty or so minutes were actually kind of depressing. Was terribly confused also because all the women in the movie look the same, so I thought that Welding Woman and Annamika were the same person at first.
I also love the elaborate way he got revenge on the people responsible for his missing hands, because it made so much less sense than if he'd just called the police on them.
Oh and if you want to see James Marshall's chest hair, this is the movie for you! Every shot features some of it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The hog beast/pancakes stuff is some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard

Kowboat
Mar 3, 2006

Grenouilles Sans Frontieres
I've called in Death Machine for the last couple request months. I figured Brad Dourif and a killer robot would be an irresistible combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUduRiILPwc

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I wish they'd review more z movie trash.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I wanted Animation Damnation to do YooHoo and Friends purely for the batshit premise, as succinctly explained by the theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v7oFz1zf3c

I really want to meet the person who decided that the perfect person to run a toy commercial for a cutesy Korean toyline is the guy who made Cow & Chicken and is incapable of drawing humans that aren't fat and grotesque. Or that Flava Flav should voice Father Time because he wears a clock.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Andrew's Keanu sounded just like Hank Hill.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

bobservo posted:

Andrew's Keanu sounded just like Hank Hill.

I thought it sounded like a cross between Hank Hill and Will Ferrell's Harry Caray.

edit: I'm crossing my fingers for Brainscan for the Halloween Spooktacular kickoff.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 30, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I called in The Life Zone, which is about Robert Loggia kidnapping three women from an abortion clinic and forcing them to carry their pregnancies to term. We're meant to side with the kidnapper. In the end it turns out they're in purgatory.

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?
I'm still hoping they do an episode of Surf Ninjas.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I wrote in for an episode of TaleSpin for Animation Damnation. It was called Lost Horizons and it's about Baloo vowing to find the lost city of Panda-la. He does but wouldn't you know it, it turns out that all the pandas with Charlie Chan accents are actually evil and fly their pagoda city using hot air balloons to shoot fireworks at Cape Suzette until fended off. It's a liiiittle racist.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
ERRAND BOY!

see u later!

Animation Damnation cracks me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I never watched GI Joe as a kid so I never realized the episodes were that crazy.