Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

Nagato to Mindanao, prime condition, just like when I borrowed it

It had better be!

Hmm, looks like I don't have an air unit to send to Wake at the moment. That might be an issue later.

3rd AD to Clarke Field
4th AD and BB Kongo to Davao
CA Aoba and CVL Zuiho to Truk
21st AF to Guam
23rd AF to Palau
Everything else can stay where it is

The 23rd AF should still be in range of the South HQ if you need it. I also think the 25th AF reinforcement should be put in Wake or Biak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

You haven't captured Clarke Field.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tekopo posted:

You haven't captured Clarke Field.

Oh right. Send him to Aparri, then.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Congratulations to everyone and good work on taking all of our objectives . We're in a good position to build on that next turn.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

New map:

Action Queue:
-- Wait for Allied Emergency Naval Moves.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

US Asia DD was moved to Cairns. Arcadia was kept in hand.

Turn 2: Reinforcements

All reinforcements apart from HQs are delayed due to War in Europe and will be deployable at the start of turn 3.

Commonwealth
SEAC Air (10-10-2 Ext:4)
Warspite BB (14-14)
Indomitable CV (10-12-2)
Hermes CVL (2-8-2)
SEAC HQ (10 - 1)

US Navy
Mississippi BB (15-12)
Northampton CA (9-8)
Marines (8-8)
Special Forces (4-6)
1 MAW (6-10-2 Ext:(4))

US Army
XI Corps (22-12) Not Delayed
5th AF (10-10-2 Ext:4) Not Delayed
5th AF LRB (4-10-6) Not Delayed
10th AF LRB (4-10-6) Not Delayed

To Place
SEAC HQ

Action Queue:
-- Wait for Allies to place SEAC HQ

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Is there any reason they wouldn't put SEAC in Calcutta?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

There's something to be said about placing SEAC in Australia, but it's a risky strat.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Allies place SEAC HQ in Dacca (North India)!

Japanese Reinforcements

Yamato BB (9-18)
28th Army (9-12)
25th AF (10-10-3 Ext:5)

Action Queue:
-- Japanese Leadership: Place Reinforcements

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Given that this turn we're on a timer to grab the DEI harbours to prevent Arcadia, I'd recommend sending both the planes and the infantry to Miri. The infantry only has one step, so it's pretty great for amphibious landings against the weak Dutch regiments, and the planes could help drop Paratroopers, if we draw any.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Planes and infantry to Miri look good to me. I'll defer on the Yamato to the head of Naval Operations.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I'm not particularly worried about being able to take the DEI. I don't think they can even play ABDA, as all of their HQ's are being suppressed, so I'd argue for putting our reinforcement elsewhere. The 28th army could go in Bangkok with a replacement from China for our eventual Burma offensives. The 25th AF can be put in Wake or Rabaul to help in those areas.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Rules clarification: you don't need to have an HQ in range to place an HQ. Currently it is possible for them to place ABDA in any port in Borneo, Java, Sumatra or Celebes.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Rules clarification: you don't need to have an HQ in range to place an HQ. Currently it is possible for them to place ABDA in any port in Borneo, Java, Sumatra or Celebes.

ABDA has to be placed in an in supply port due to the Arcadia Conference card, though, right?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I think it means supply-eligible and is treated exactly the same as a normal HQ placement.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I'm not particularly worried about being able to take the DEI. I don't think they can even play ABDA, as all of their HQ's are being suppressed, so I'd argue for putting our reinforcement elsewhere. The 28th army could go in Bangkok with a replacement from China for our eventual Burma offensives. The 25th AF can be put in Wake or Rabaul to help in those areas.

The problem is, there are already two units in Bangkok waiting to start hitting Burma, and we don't really need to get on it right away. Attacking now won't seriously impact their ability to reinforce it, they'll do it anyway, so that campaign is going to be equally difficult now and in two turns. Planes at Rabaul and Wake won't give us any new offensive options, they'd be purely defensive deployments, and there's just nothing to defend those places from right now. But if we just let them place ABDA, then next turn they can just drop reinforcements almost anywhere in the DEI and New Guinea and seriously delay our capture of the resource hexes.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tekopo posted:

I think it means supply-eligible and is treated exactly the same as a normal HQ placement.

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Tevery Best posted:

The problem is, there are already two units in Bangkok waiting to start hitting Burma, and we don't really need to get on it right away. Attacking now won't seriously impact their ability to reinforce it, they'll do it anyway, so that campaign is going to be equally difficult now and in two turns. Planes at Rabaul and Wake won't give us any new offensive options, they'd be purely defensive deployments, and there's just nothing to defend those places from right now. But if we just let them place ABDA, then next turn they can just drop reinforcements almost anywhere in the DEI and New Guinea and seriously delay our capture of the resource hexes.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was thinking we had enough to take the DEI and was floating some alternative options. I was also worried about an attack from Hawaii, but I guess it's fairly unlikely.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I think our priority next season needs to be the Dutch East Indies, the Philippines and Singapore. I doubt they'll be able to launch an attack from Hawaii this early, But if we take those targets this season, that puts us in shape to move against Burma, and threaten New Guinea and Australia.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Can I get final confirmation on placing?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also jng2058 is absent so I will need another head of navy, one of the HQ roles can step up if they want. Head of Army can make all selections for the time being though.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
28th Army and 25th AF to Miri

Yamato to Mindanao if there's no Chief of Naval Operations to overrule me.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Japanese Reinforcement Placement

quote:

28th Army and 25th AF to Miri

Yamato to Mindanao

Allied Replacements

quote:

Flip the carriers with the replacements and place the 7th AF fighter in Bouganville and the Bomber in Tarawa.

Current Map

Action Queue:
-- Japanese Replacements

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
The only way we'd get replacements is by pulling them out of China, right? And I don't think any forces are in need of replacements right now, are they?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Yeah, for the time being, infantry replacements are actively harmful, since we need those guys to take weakly-defended islands. They'd just waste the ASPs.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

If I can get confirmation we can go ahead with the card draw phase.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
No replacements.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Update coming tomorrow morning including cards.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Strategic Warfare

d10 = 3 - 2 (turn) = 1, unsuccessful.

Markers

- Japan ASP: 7, No Barges
- Japan ASP Use: 0
- Japan Passes: 0
- US ASP: 1
- US ASP Used: 0
- US Passes: 2

Action Queue:
-- Leadership: Review Cards and Make Play.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 21, 2015

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Play Card "Yamato Suicide Run" (1 Operation Point) for Operations

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

You have to specify the hq and the aims of the offensive as well

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Oops. HQ is South HQ. Aim of the offensive is to advance into the Philippines. Do I name a target hex, or is that up to HQ commander?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Up to the HQ

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Epicurius posted:

Oops. HQ is South HQ. Aim of the offensive is to advance into the Philippines.

The Philippines? Are you sure? I don't really see a reason to hurry that up.

EDIT: also, if you really wanna do the Philippines, Combined Fleet is going to be a lot better. Basically, anyone is better unless you want to push western and southern DEI or the Malayas.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I don't know. I was thinking better to clear it out early before the Allies had a chance to get reinforcements there or something? But if you don't like that, what about continuing to take DEI sites?

So Combined Fleet HQ, Dutch East Indies.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
It's not that I don't like that, I just wanted to make sure if you didn't mistype it or something. I wouldn't worry about reinforcements to the Philippines, since they have nothing that can move there now (and it would be pretty much suicidal anyway), and reinforcements have to be placed in an in-supply hex (so, nowhere in the Philippines). The only thing we have to worry about there is the possibility of them evacuating.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
With only 1Op, there's not a whole lot I can attack in the DEI. If I can get a 2OP, I can at least attack Tjilatjap.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
As long as we put planes in Batavia, we don't need to attack Tjilatjap this instant, I think. It would neutralize their main candidate for Arcadia Conference (anywhere else would make killing it hilariously easy).

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

As long as we put planes in Batavia, we don't need to attack Tjilatjap this instant, I think. It would neutralize their main candidate for Arcadia Conference (anywhere else would make killing it hilariously easy).

Ah, that's true. Just noticed that I can just barely activate Miri with the Comb Fleet and get to Batavia.

Using the Comb Fleet, activate Modano, 2SNLF, and 25th AF to attack Batavia. Activate 5th AD in Tainan to move to Luzon and attack Manila.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Sorry for delay, got into an accident

Action Queue:
== Wait for intelligence result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Intelligence roll: d10 = 5: Surprise Attack!

(SR on batavia was not rolled because the air force nearby is OOS and does not have a AZOI).

Battle over Manila:

Attacking: 5th AD 22-10-2

Defender: R Corps 10-10

d10 = 8 + 3 = 11 (1), R Corps flipped.

Action Queue:
-- Comb Fleet HQ: Post-Battle Movement.

• Locked thread