Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

loving pretty boy. Prob. a crypto-Swede.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Pictured: The most attractive man to ever live in Finland

don't diss the hog, he's legit

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

that's the dash of swedish somebody earlier said Stubb having coming through.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yep. what didn't come from asia, came from europe

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Free Market Mambo posted:

Spent the last evening whaling on a piece of birch with an axe, and am sending in an application to the Svenska Kulturfonden at this very moment.

Just had lunch with my brother, am now trying to study some absolute bullshit I'm not interested in but need to know by heart.

Life in Finland :cool:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

oops sorry forgot to mention the lunch I had was state-supported and cost me like 2,5 € despite being enough to fill me up for the entire rest of the day

also I study at the 67th best university in the world (for free (and the state gives me money))

my life is poo poo haha except it isn't. suck it nerds

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

oops sorry forgot to mention the lunch I had was state-supported and cost me like 2,5 € despite being enough to fill me up for the entire rest of the day

also I study at the 67th best university in the world (for free)

my life is poo poo

I bet you don't gently caress goats on the reg you degenerate

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

also I study at the 67th best university in the world (for free (and the state gives me money))

my life is poo poo haha except it isn't. suck it nerds

boringbrag

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

what I'm trying to say Free Market Mambo is literally the only person in Finland who is having fun, don't believe his lies!!!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i am currently funhaving in finland by utilizing the inter net to educate & entertain my saelf

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

nothing like living in Finland.

nothing worse that is höh höh höh höh

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
meanwhile in sweden: håh håh håh håh

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

all nordic countries are the same: loving boring and expensive :ssh:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Naxuz posted:

all nordic countries are the same: loving boring and expensive :ssh:

But boring is my jam, son

The money fucks me up, though :smith:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Norway is cheaper than ever before though, our currency has plummeted in value the last year and a half or something. Like you'll get almost 50% more NOK for $ than you would before , a bit less for Euros and pounds.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Randarkman posted:

Norway is cheaper than ever before though, our currency has plummeted in value the last year and a half or something. Like you'll get almost 50% more NOK for $ than you would before , a bit less for Euros and pounds.

So if I want to see the munch museum and poop off a fjord now is a good time to go?

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
https://youtu.be/BNKe82lHOF8

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how Norway locked their oil money away in a sovereign fund instead of letting it wreck havoc on the long term economy.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

So if I want to see the munch museum and poop off a fjord now is a good time to go?

Yeah, it's still probably very expensive, but its roughly 50% less very expensive than what it used to be. It will probably stay this way for quite a time, we don't have much control over it. it's an oil thing.
Also, I think air travel from southern europe and Turkey is pretty cheap (as told to me by some Spanish people who were working at a friend of mine's farm this summer in return for room and board).

General hints for travelling in Norway: camping is free, don't buy bottled water as you can just stock up on tap water at a gas station or something (it's perfectly fine to drink), don't eat out (it's really expensive, even McDonalds), gas seems to be cheaper in the east than in the west and south for some reason. Also I've never been to the Munch museum, but museums tend to be on the expensive side and not really subsidized (and I don't know of any group deals where you get multiple tickets), but from my experience museum tickets tend to range from 150-300 NOK (say $20-40).

Don't poop in the fjords.

Also god drat, dollars are even more expensive than they were a couple of months ago. it seems to be $1 = 8.8 NOK, while a couple of months ago it was $1 = ~8.4 NOK, and about one and a half years ago it was $1 = ~5.5 NOK.

I love my dead gay currency.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
fucks sake, dont travel to scandinavia period

it's cold, wet and dull, the cities are tiny and boring and the weather is too poo poo almost all the time to enjoy the nature consistently and its too expensive to live here

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Randarkman posted:

I love my dead gay currency.

Any country that didn't buy into the EU currency utopia idea is laughing really hard right now.

Weak krone is good since it makes Norwegian exports more attractive and also make tourism from stronger currency countries attractive as well.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
our people are more attractive than the rest of the world though

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

You know the world is hosed up when a Hese meal cost 7 fukin Euros.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's also because the krone is basically any petro correlated currency similar to the canadian loonie

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

etalian posted:

Any country that didn't buy into the EU currency utopia idea is laughing really hard right now.

Weak krone is good since it makes Norwegian exports more attractive and also make tourism from stronger currency countries attractive as well.

b-b-but my online shopping and vacations!

e: it's not really a weak currency. in fact as i understand it it was so highly valued that it actually hurt our economy in the sense that our exports and tourism were just too expensive. so what we're looking at now is more of the way things should be rathern than what it was like the last 10-15 years or so.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 29, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Randarkman posted:

yeah the flip side is it makes anything imported more expensive.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Randarkman posted:

All those beautiful Finnish glassware products you could have purchased

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Zzulu posted:

fucks sake, dont travel to scandinavia period

it's cold, wet and dull, the cities are tiny and boring and the weather is too poo poo almost all the time to enjoy the nature consistently and its too expensive to live here

and now there's refugees everywhere!!!

solitary fishing trip, enjoying nature, the great outdo- NOPE here comes another refugee family swimming across the goddamn lake scaring all the fish away son of a loving bitch

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
thanks alot bashar al assad you loving dipshit

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

thanks alot bashar al assad you loving dipshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmv2pskP_c

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

and now there's refugees everywhere!!!

solitary fishing trip, enjoying nature, the great outdo- NOPE here comes another refugee family swimming across the goddamn lake scaring all the fish away son of a loving bitch

Nah, Poles are already taking all the fish. Though they seem to have a thing for fish Norwegians won't eat. I used to work at Biltema and I can testify that pretty much 90% of people who bought fishing rods and fishing equipment were Polish and I always see Poles fishing in bizarre places (bridges in Bergen for instance) for unconventional fish.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I saw two (2) foreigners in teh local Lidl today. This is country is going to the fukin dogs

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

I saw two (2) foreigners in teh local Lidl today. This is country is going to the fukin dogs

Can you just shut the gently caress up already?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the average finnish man on an average day:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

makes me think of russia where the guys have box shaped heads, lots of premature baldness and true love is vodka

The women are smoking hot to make up for it.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Zzulu posted:

the average finnish man on an average day:

One of them has a light tan. Clearly not Finnish.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Creature from the Black Lagoon is my favorite Finnish horror movie

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

kikkelivelho posted:

One of them has a light tan. Clearly not Finnish.

That's no tan

:itwaspoo:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
honestly terrorism cant be that bad if slash joined isis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

kikkelivelho posted:

All those beautiful Finnish glassware products you could have purchased

is iittala glass popular in finland? my finnish-american female family members eat that poo poo up, also marimekko stuff

• Locked thread