Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Back in 2012 I started a LP about an idiot sportsman's bogus journey in a strange land. Three years later we're going to finish that tale. For better or for worse... Let's drop a Phoenix Down on this trainwreck!

Final Fantasy X (that is X as in "10" not "X-treme") is a JRPG released by Square on December 20th, 2001 for the... Wait. Really...? They released it four days before Christmas? Who does that...? No matter. "Who does that?!" will be a phrase we will likely return to quite a few times during this LP. For you see Final Fantasy X was the first of the popular series "Final Fantasy" (you might have heard of it) for the, at the time, shiny new next generation home gaming console, the Sony Playstation 2.

This was a game that held many firsts for Square regarding the long running series. The game shifted from pre-rendered background set pieces to fully 3D areas. The upgrade from CD to DVD storage medium allowed for enhancements all across the board from graphics to sound. This also led to the first time composers for the musical score besides Nobuo Uematsu joined the band. However, the most striking new feature was full voice acting for the game. Now we could finally HEAR the stirring ellipse filled dialogue brought to life!

Did Square pull off all these augmentations to the medium without stumbling along the way...? Short answer? Nope! Final Fantasy X is kind of a mish-mashed trainwreck and a project made by folks clearly not fully comfortable with all their new tools. Especially the voice acting part. Square had next to no experience with directing voice acting at this point (literally The Bouncer is the only other voice acted game they had done) and good lord does it ever show. Nevertheless, we will get to that in due time.

All this said, Final Fantasy X not a terrible game by any means. The battle system is quite fun, there's some nice music, and it does have fairly interesting world building, even if the characters in that world are... well... mostly varying degrees of moronic. It is no Dirge of Cerberus level awful, even if Tetsuya Nomura's vile grasp is once more upon the questionable character designs. But it is a heavily flawed game with a limp and terrible skin conditions, which need to be addressed with a thorough regiment of mockery and deconstruction. Which is why I suppose I am here, eh? And I hope you will join me as well...

I do not expect to promote a spoiler free zone on a decade fourteen year old game. However, please:

:siren: MARK ALL SPOILERS WITH TAGS! FUTURE GAMEPLAY poo poo STILL IS SPOILERS. IF IT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT HAS APPEARED AS OF THE LATEST UPDATE, IT IS A SPOILER! TAG IT! IT IS VERY EASY TO DO!) :siren:

Be kind to those who have not played it before. Alternatively, have played it and bailed before finishing. I assume there are more than a few falling into that latter category. With that in mind, if we could refrain from making every page look like a redacted CIA document with discussion of the end game right off the bat, that would be great.

OTHER INFO:
With that said, let's begin...

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Links to assorted updates go here. What more do you need to know? If you're wondering why there's already 57 updates, it's because this LP originally started years ago and I'm just getting around to finishing it now. All the old updates are rehosted and broken bits fixed. Mostly. I think. Let me know if anything is broken. That took a LONG loving TIME to restore everything.

You don't need archives to read the old updates. Catch up now if you're new! You've got some choice reading material.

Episode 0: The Story Begins...

Episode I: Meet My Fans
Episode II: Blitz My Ball
Episode III: Swing My Sword
Episode IV: Demolish My Neighborhood

Episode V: Watch My Swimming
Episode VI: Light My Fire

Episode VII: Speak My Language
Episode VII-2: Translate My Text
Episode VIII: Salvage My Wreck
Episode IX: Determine My Situation
Episode IX-2: Grid My Sphere

Episode X: Show-off My Moves
Episode XI: Join My Team
Episode XII: Educate My rear end
Episode XIII: Solve My Puzzles
Episode XIII-2: Summon My Name
Episode XIV: Spend My Night
Episode XV: Trade-in My Weapon
Episode XVI: Say My Goodbyes

Episode XVII: Talk About My Dad
Episode XVIII: Exploit My Encounter

Episode XIX: Send My Spirit
Episode XIX-2: Burn My Dread
Extra Episode: View My Models
Episode XX: Lord My Wood
Episode XXI: Shoot Down My Theory
Episode XXII: Kiss My rear end
Episode XXIII: Spark My Flame
Episode XXIV: Kick My Ball

Episode XXV: My God...
Episode XXVI: How to Blitz My Ball
Episode XXVII: Practice My Whistling
Episode XXVIII: Crank My Crane
Episode XXIX: Warm My Bench
Episode XXX: Delay My Game
Episode XXXI: Resume My Game
Episode XXXII: Place My Blame
Episode XXXIII: Laugh My rear end Off

Episode XXXIV: Begin My Road Trip
Episode XXXV: Rest My Feet
Episode XXXVI: Welcome to My Shop
Episode XXXVII: Eat My Chicken
Episode XXXVII-2: Watch My Step
Episode XXXVIII: Respect My Authority

Episode XXXIX: Rage Against My Machine
Extra Episode: Inspect My Uniform
Episode XL: Hold My Line
Episode XLI: A Guest in My Party
Episode XLII: Maintain My Smile

Episode XLIII: Watch My Back
Episode XLIV: Electrify My Puzzles
Episode XLV: Fix My Hair

Episode XLVI: Ride My Shoopuf
Episode XLVII: Reinforce My Racism
Episode XLVIII: Look Into My Eyes

Episode XLIX: My Modest Proposal
Episode L: Enter My Afterlife
Episode LI: Ghosts of My Past
Episode LII: Weigh My Options

Episode LIII: Keep My Head Down
Episode LIV: Spy on My Friends
Episode LV: Hopefully Getting My poo poo Together…

Episode LVI: Cut My Wood
Episode LVII: Film My Journey
Episode LVIII: Took My Time
Episode LVIX: Display My Ignorance
Episode LIX-2: Show My Affection
Episode LX: Reveal My Villainy
Episode LXI: Defend My Summoner
Episode LXII: Try My Patience
Episode LXIII: Make My Order to Wendigo
Episode LXIV: Singing My Song

Episode LXV: Wander My Sands
Episode LXVI: Journey to My Home
Episode LXVII: Defend My Home
Episode LXVIII: My Dense Realization
Episode LXIX: Goodbye to My Home
Episode LXX: Ride My Skies
Episode LXXI: Rock My Dragon

Episode LXXII: Crash My Wedding
Episode LXXIII: Spread My Wings
Episode LXXIV: Convey My Boredom
Episode LXXV: Chamber My Fayth
Episode LXXVI: Receive My Judgment
Episode LXXVII: Via My Corridors
Episode LXXVIII: Via My Copypaste
Episode LXXIX: Via My Dead Body
Episode LXXX: Meet My Mortibuddy
Episode LXXXI: My Isn't it Wonderful?

Episode LXXXII: Reach My Road's End
Episode LXXXIII: Calm My Self
Episode LXXXIV: Train My Chocobo
Episode LXXXV: My Monster of the Day
Episode LXXXVI: Test My Haggling Skills
Episode LXXXVI-2: Pay My Way

Episode LXXXVII: Steel My Will
Episode LXXXVIII: Settle My Grudge
Episode LXXXIX: Scale My Mountain
Episode XC: Aeon My Flux
Episode XCI: Live My Dreams
Episode XCII: Forget My Existence
Episode XCIII: My Story's End

Episode XCIV: Our Old Neighborhood
Episode XCV: Our Final Cloister
Episode XCVI: Our Final Hope
Episode XCVII: Our Broken Cycle
Episode XCVIII: Our Close Encounter

Episode XCIX: Our Heads Together
Episode C: Our Mother In-Law
Episode CI: Our Bad Parenting
Episode CII: Our Trusty Onion Knight
Episode CIII: Our Spirit Breaking Lance
Episode CIV: Our Entry to Nirvana
Episode CV: Our Last Lessons
Episode CVI: Our Father's Adventures
Episode CVII: Our Bloodsport Collection
Episode CVIII: Our Dirge of Cactuar
Episode CIX: Our Season Unending
Episode CX: Our Celestial Release
Episode CXI: Our Alphabet and Omega
Episode CXII: Our Only Hope

Episode CXIII: Our Ill-Conceived Plan
Episode CXIV: Our Unlikely Success
Episode CXV: Our Face-Off
Episode CXVI: Our Loose Ends

Episode CXVII: Our Farewell to a Mid-Boss
Episode CXVIII: Our Final Stretch of Road
Episode CXVIX: Our Giant Dad
Episode CXX: Our Aeon Adieu
Episode CXXI: Our Final Battle
Episode CXXII: Our Dream's End
Episode CXXIII: Our Story's End
Episode CXXIV: Our World Now
Episode CXXIV: Our Final Fantasy

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 29, 2016

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Stuff you jerks have made in the thread goes here. Warning: There could be spoilers. Or pure nightmare fuel. If I've missed anything you've posted, just PM me and I'll toss it up.

:siren: SPOILER ZONE!!! :siren:

Aximus is a bit confused about the whole Zanarkand Abes thing.

I made this! I'm just sharing with the class.

EightFlyingCars wishes for a magic that will never come to pass.

SatansBestBuddy made Lulu 80% less retarded looking. Alas, precious little can be done to repair the anti-gravity dress top.

Jecht is the best rear end in a top hat dad.

Almost Smart reveals the best armor in the game for Tidus.

Technique notes that Ifrit died on the way back to his home planet.

Flashbang! believes Seymour's hair to have sentience. Square-Enix has neither confirmed nor denied this theory.

PhysicsFrenzy crossed the Nomura streams! Noooooooooo!

Captain Fargle and Kimahri do not get along very well.

Blade_of_tyshalle shows a TV pilot that never took off.

Lance Streetman was the first to take initiative with making some Anima heavy metal album covers.

Nohman also added in with some :metal:

TurnipFritter did this wrong... Or very right. I'm not sure.

iTrust captures the essence of Tidus' character arc.

Here's a transparent cut-out of Team Braska. Let's see what that produces...

idonotlikepeas shows the first of many disastrous nights out on the town during Braska's pilgrimage.

Lance Streetman found out what happens if you summon Alexander on Manah.

Malachite_Dragon is banned from the Satellite of Love.

Brainamp didn't watch The Littlest Ronso all the way through and didn't realized the female lead gets brutally murdered at the end of the second act. Makes for awkward riffing.

Chinese Batman thinks Spira should stop whining about its problems when Xenogears' world exists.

Sex_Ferguson thinks Braska should perhaps have waited a few years to properly raise his daughter before doing that whole pilgrimage thing...

Zeikier got the metal album cover summons crossed and stuff got weird.

Randalor displays Jecht's disappointment with Braska's summon stable.

W.T. Fits reaches out to the truth and isn't sure of the results.

geri_khan remembers that copyright infringement is the sincerest form of flattery.

cofaigh wanted an entirely different Final Fantasy X-2.

Blade_of_tyshalle knows when to quit.

Dr Solway Garr knows how Sin rolls.

Nohman knows how to please the ladies Ronsos.

lulu bell chronicles Jecht's original adventure in Djose Temple.

Rahonavis knows that war never changes...

...nor do Hypellos.

Shoopuf may change. Only the Hypello know and nobody can quite understand...

HelloWinter shows us the secret of Lulu's absurdly high evasion stats.

Brainamp finds the missing link between the Zora and the Rito.

Rahonavis offers a look into the growing pains of your average Guado.

Also Tromell's role at Seymour's Manor around the holidays.

As well as this startling parallel.

Nohman buys into the theory Zanarkand was an ancient alien Al Bhed city and clearly the root cause of Sin's wrath.

StandardVC10 tells it like it is.

Ha ha ha haaa!
Ha ha ha ha ha haa haa!
Ha ha halloween season!

Edward_Tohr had this pun down their sleeve for ages.

bluerocker has killed him! Bah gawd!

Nohman has Ronsomania runnin' wild, brother!

Josuke Higashikata charged $4.99 for this DLC costume.

Kheldarn offered these shades as Gamestop pre-order bonus.

Malachite_Dragon knows how to have a road trip.

Rahonavis salutes our veteran chocobos.

bluerocker found something worse than a Mimic.

I just wanted to tell everyone, "I want my journey to be full of laughter..."

bluerocker has such sights to show us. Such as Kimahri's per-pilgrimage thug life days.

Post Processing reveals a bigger threat than Sin.

Merry Christmas from me. :v:

Josuke Higashikata brings a far more blunt version of Tidus' Narration Zone.

Captain Fargle has Kimahri strutting his stuff for the new generation.

Click for Video

FeyerbrandX brings us this fever dream.

:siren: SPOILER ZONE!!! :siren:

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 13, 2016

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Man. It's been a little while since the last update? Let's take a look here....

Hmm...

Yep. Just about two years, ten months and one day. Yeah. That's a bit of a spell. Guess I should post an update, huh? :v:

Episode LVIII: Took My Time

Kept you waiting, huh? Welcome back to Final Fantasy X. It's been about three years since I last played this game. I believe during the original thread I caught the flu, had my computer die, got strep throat, had a hurricane hit me, had my Playstation 2 die, and then got called away for work abroad for about half a year around the time shop closed up. If updates suddenly stop this time, just assume I got hit by a bus or a meteor landed on me during my morning commute.

LET'S HOPE THIS THREAD INCARNATION GOES SMOOTHLY! :shepface:

But, enough about me. Let's get back to Tidus's Big Stupid Story.

When last we left off we found ourselves in Macalania Woods on the way to Macalania Temple on Lake Macalania in Macalania County of the Macalania Province and were in the process of changing everyone's clocks to Macalania Standard Time as we crossed time zones from the Thunder Plains.

Our goal at the moment is to track down Seymour Guado so Yuna can go accept a marriage proposal to him for... reasons. Also there's this whole pilgrimage to defeat Tidus' dad, the doom whale Sin and such. I'm sure things will wrap back into that plot-line in due time.

Music: Fantasy

We'll now be transitioning from the lush ethereal woods of Macalania to the frozen tundra surrounding the lake and temple grounds. Islands, rolling plains, rocky coast highroad, marshlands, forest, plains of eternal devastating electrical storms, weird forest, frozen wasteland. I kind of feel like we missed a biome or two on the way here in the last few locations...

An Al Bhed travel agency has set up shop at the border between crystalline forest and the permafrost zones. A couple of semi-familiar faces have camped out outside the comforts of the rest stop. But more importantly...

Tidus can recover another Al Bhed Primer discarded in the snow. Today our hero discovers that [B = P] Sekrd yc famm zicd puugsyng dryd Ym Prat dnyhcmydun ykyeh, ar?

With that sorted out, let's gab with the two nitwits taking residency out in the cold before retreating indoors for a spell. Let's see how the only Cockney man in Spira is doing. If the past is anything to go on, probably counting the gil he earned from price-gouging the price of a blanket to a man with hypothermia setting in.

“He'll be rich by tomorrow all on account of this celebration thing!”

O'aka offers to sell his premium wares he's collected off the frozen corpses of travelers carrying. But spoilers: It's a bunch of overpriced junk that will easily be outclassed by drops and loot in due time. And he's raised his prices from last time since he's a prick. No thanks, pal.

Aside from the snake oil salesman, Clasko the Crusader chocobo knight and Punished “Venom” Chocobo are also squatting outside the inn. Let's see what their deal is...

“They always leave me behind."
”Why do none of you actually... you know, RIDE that chocobo thing you're always lugging around?”
“Oh, him? He doesn't really *do* people riding him anymore.”
“Huh?”
“Elma said something about people being unworthy to sit on its droppings and how it would feast on the entrails of the those unfit for battle. It was this whole big thing with her. I just kinda dropped the issue.”
“...”

"Oh. You want me to scratch you?”

"How'd you know what it wanted?"
"I've always been able to tell how chocobos feel.”
”I just got a knack for it, I guess. This fella loves him some Gysahl Greens but can't stand smoking the Pahsana stuff. That kinda thing.”
“Maybe I'd make a better chocobo breeder than Chocobo Knight, huh?”

Tidus seems perfectly qualified to dictate career choices for members of the armed services. That's never gone wrong befo—

...Err... Right... Well, No way they'd pull that twice. I'm sure it'll be fine telling him to abandon his military commission and go breed horse-chickens.

“Hmm... You know, I might just give it a try."
”Gonna start with this big guy?”
“Him? Nah. He's been around the block a few times on the road before all this. Don't want to start in-breeding chocobos. That's just a weird, dark path to travel down. Trust me.”

"Should I resign my commission? Would Captain Lucil let me? Elma would probably laugh at me."
”Well... She already does laugh at me. A lot. In fact... that's kind of all she does around me. Or yells. Or laughs then yells. Sometimes she yells then laughs...”
"Wow, I think this is the first time I've seriously thought about my life."

That's great, buddy. Could you just do me a favor and scoot over a couple feet here. I just wanna...

I Just wanna grab that treasure chest. It's right there. Just, could you pet the other side of the chocobo for just a moment. I'll only be a second? No...? You're just going to stand there in the way? Really, guy? Really? Pfft... Whatever man. Have fun keeping warm breeding giant birds in the snow. Jerk.

Tidus enters the Rin Travel Agency...

Music: Traveling Company

Well the gang is all here taking a time out. And man is half this party ill-equipped for cold temperatures. Of this let's discount Kimahri, the literal blue cat person whose race hail from the frozen north edge of the world. Auron is the only person moderately dressed for cold weather. Moderately. Yuna is in an airy dress with her entire back exposed. Tidus is in idiot shorts with his chest exposed. Lulu and Wakka both aren't wearing shirts. And Rikku is basically in a t-shirt and daisy-dukes.

Oh well, let's take a bit to catch up on the gang in the three years since the last update time since the last rest stop. Let's go around the room counter-clockwise. Starting with Auron...

"Anything can happen."
*fake deep voice* "'Make sure you're prepared,' right?"
"There is a saying: 'Hurry up and wait.' It means, prepare quickly so you're ready for whatever comes next."
"Sounds like something an old man would say."
*annoyed*"Forgive me."
"Hey, just being honest!"

I've hurried up and waited quite enough, sir. Right, Kimahri?

"Temple not far. Why stop here?"

See, this guy gets it. Yuna, I think you were in some weird detached mood due to deciding to get hitched to the half-tree clearly evil Seymour fellow. Let's see how that's going...

"Hmm?"
"Don't forget to smile, remember?
"Oh, you're right... I'll try and remember.”
“...”
"Smiling..."
"Right! Keep at it!"

Nice. Getting prepared for that loveless marriage for political reasons up ahead, girl. All hurried up and waiting on that poo poo. Rikku and Lulu don't have much to say. Both probably contemplate their poor choices in traveling attire.

"Can we go now? I'm tired of waiting!"
"Yuna's really quiet. Sitting here like this, you really get to thinking.”

And lastly Wakka...

"Seriously... A wedding's not supposed to make people feel this bad, huh?"
"Come on, don't say that!"
”I mean Yuna getting married to... that guy... is a major bummer. But weddings are awesome. Booze. Food. Bridesmaids with low self-esteem. Are bridesmaids a thing in Spira...?”
"Hmph! I say whatever I want, ever since I was a kid!"
”Pears are delicious. Wearing socks and sandals together is heresy. Al Bheds sweat urine. Whatever!”
“...”

"Oh, so you're an adult now?"
"You know it! Anyways... How long we supposed to stay here, you think?"
"Hey, don't ask me!"
"Things've sure gotten complicated since Sir Auron joined us."
"You think so, too?"
"Still can't figure that guy out."

...Insightful as always. Before we go there is one last non-party member to speak with. Maechem the traveling scholar has once more teleported ahead of the pilgrimage to dispense a fresh history lesson. Let's hear it.

"I've heard Lady Yuna is to wed Maester Seymour. It is great news. I'd like to congratulate her. But...it is a pity. I'd hoped Lady Yuna would defeat Sin and bring the Calm to Spira."
"Yuna's still gonna journey, even after she's married."
"That is also great news! Her resolve is admirable!"
"Would you like to hear about Macalania?"
“Go ahead!”
”I think I've burned through all the Sin Toxin credit I had on getting explanations for Spira.”
"Lake Macalania is frozen all through the year. It stays frozen even on the hottest of days. It is said that the temple's fayth is the cause of this fantastic phenomenon! And that is all for today."
”I guess that makes sense. The last temple had the trippy electrical thing going and... well the other two didn't do anything with fire or birds... I think? The Kilika joint was having a real bad time.” *frown*
"Hopefully I can be present at the wedding. It is not every day that one can attend such a joyous event.”
”Oh? You gonna give them a history lesson on Spira weddings or something?”
“A history of such events featuring spirits, cuisine, and bridesmaids with below par self-esteem is all I seek.”
“...”
“...Right on, old timer.”

Music: Fantasy

That's about it for our obligatory campfire scene between missions this pit-stop on the pilgrimage road. Let's continue our journey to the next cutscene. About fifteen feet down the road...

“We were surprised you decided to come so soon.”

*bows* “Lord Seymour sends his apologies for having left without notice."
"It's quite all right. I have one question, if I may, sir."
"My lady?"
"I want to keep journeying, even if I marry. Do you think that Maester Seymour would let me?"
"But of course, my lady. Lord Seymour wishes nothing else, I'm sure."
”There is nothing to fear, madam. The Master likes you. Nothing will happen to you. He likes you.”

Welp. That's all Yuna needed to hear. She's out! Betrothal here she comes!

Yuna walks to Tromell's side...

“We must follow Guado tradition. I'll have to ask you wait here a little while longer. I'll send someone to escort you."
”But... we're her guardians. At least one of us should be with her, ya?”
“No. The master would not approve. She will be safe.”

“I...”
"We're all with you. Do as you will."
"Thank you."

Tromell and Yuna walk off...

*glances at Auron* “Hm?”
“That was your line.”
”...Come again?”
“Your field play is sloppy.”
“...”
“...OH!”

Tidus runs up to the ridge and gives Yuna a whistle. Cuz you remember... That whistling thing they did ages ago and haven't mentioned since Luca. It's the best Tidus could come up with on the fly. At least he didn't start fake cackling.

I don't think Yuna remembers how that bit went either since that's clearly not the right response.

Oh well. I'm sure things will work out. Might as well just head on back to the Al Bhed inn and grab some hot cocoa while Seymour's lackey escorts Yuna safely t—

Music: Enemy Attack

...Aaaaaaand they made it less than 40 seconds before immediately getting ambushed by marauders. Are you KIDDING ME right now?! Princess Peach goes longer without getting potentially kidnapped.

The most inept band of summoner's guardians this side of the Thunder Plains leap into action doing their drat job after offloading responsibilities to unreliable third parties and it going about as well as expected. May as well have Tidus do his job as well and join them in the fight.

But I mean we are going to take a safe, responsible path to the battle. Sliding down a hill is dangerous in these conditions. You could sprain an ankle, for Pete's sake. I'm surprised Lulu didn't get caught on a branch and torn asunder by gravity as a result.

As Tidus approaches one of the enemies completely wipes out on their snowmobile. Nobody was attacking or startled by Tidus entering the field. It's just good, plain old fashion driver incompetence. Maybe Yuna doesn't need our help.

“Th-Thank you!”

Tromell attempts to flee with Yuna but ugh! Those creepy, disgusting spider fingers. It must be like having your hand held by a giant raisin. Yuna cannot take it and rejoins the party in the upcoming fight.

Gangly treemen aside, the rest of the ambushing party have all also crashed their snowmobiles and have decided to get into a fist fight with the team. Heeeeeey! Beard goggles? Gasmask guy? The other one? I recognize these Al Bhed idiots. It's Rikku's salvage team from the beginning of the game. What are these goofs doing here? Maybe we can get Rikku to broker a negot—

...And they're running away now. I'm starting to think the Al Bhed might not be too skilled at this whole kidnapping thing. What's the plan here guys? You all wrecked your rides. Are you going to tie Yuna up and use her as a sled to escape if you beat her guardians?

Oh hey, it's that lead tattooed up shirtless idiot. You can never take a guy with a dyed mohawk cut seriously. What's that nimrod want?

...Oh.

…This all escalated very quickly.

“Translation?!”
"He's gonna use an anti-magic field on us!"
”Oh...? Yeah, you see I was more concerned about the FRIKKIN' TANK!”
"Hu tir! E zicd dnyhcmydat fryd ra cyet, zangvyla!"

Welp... This is happening now. We're fighting a tank piloted by the Fantasy Techno Jews on a frozen lake so we can get the female lead married to a half-tree man. Sure... Why not?

Welcome back to Final Fantasy X.

Video: Episode 58 Highlight Reel

Lake Macalania Concept Art

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh poo poo

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012
OMG its back. I have been waiting so long for this!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Awww poo poo, here we go again.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
why would anyone lp this game

DarkRaziel420
Jul 5, 2008
It's back! Hopefully everything goes okay this time. :v:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Got an alert that there was a new FFX LP... and it was glorious!

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Oh hell yes, welcome back FFX.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

:woop:

Ironically this is the exact boss fight that stopped my playthrough of the game when I first got it in the 5th Grade. I had been coasting through based on magic and summons, had neglected Wakka for whatever reason, and couldn't be assed to Gameshark my way past this one. In retrospect, I made the right decision.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:woop::woop::woop: So excited. Welcome back, TDI!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Finally the random FFX images being retweeted have paid off.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I've been waiting for this moment since the video got uploaded today. Also 2012. I still like this game.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Welcome back again TDI. Show that giant space whale who's boss!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Aw, here we go. Back to the madness of Final Fantasy where teenage girls only occasionally become world-destroying horrors.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Time to catch up from the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago.

It's back baby :woop:

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
Welcome back The Dark Id. This certainly came out of left field, but we're happy to see you return once again!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Glad to see this back, it was a blast last time and definitely looking forward to more again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can't believe this is back. I've actually beaten FFX since you stopped so this will be even better.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

I'm really glad to see this is back. good luck

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
I had been seeing Kuvo retweet all sorts of Final Fantasy gifs from Dark Id and thought "There's no way..."

Welcome back TDI! Praise be to Yevon.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Glad to see you finally picking this back up TDI. Hope whatever you're playing it on doesn't crap out again.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I don't remember anything about what happened in the plot so far, but I get the feeling that it wouldn't change much even if I did.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

YeOldeButchere posted:

I don't remember anything about what happened in the plot so far, but I get the feeling that it wouldn't change much even if I did.

That's just Sin's toxin getting to you.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Oh gently caress yes. Glad to see you picking this up again. :getin:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
I'll post a plot synopsis on the story so far sometime tomorrow. If you remember the basic deal with Yuna's pilgrimage, Sin, and Tidus being a dipshit sportsman dropped into things then the only recent wrinkle in the road trip has been Seymour being a creeper and proposing marriage to Yuna. And Yuna being a doormat and deciding she'll go along with it. Seymour himself had pissed off to a temple on this ice lake we've just reached and we ought to be catching up with him soonish.

A gang of snowbiker Al Bhed showing up out of nowhere with a tank is just as much of a non-sequitur as it looks.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Best of luck, TDI. Hope this one goes better than the last, what without the hurricanes and all. FFX richly deserves this treatment, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Everybody posted:

Here we go again.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Compared with the sidelong circuitousness of Drakengard! 3! FFX is rather straightforward, so far as these things go.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

kw0134 posted:

Compared with the sidelong circuitousness of Drakengard! 3! FFX is rather straightforward, so far as these things go.
Also with 100% less Taro Yoko. On the other hand, there's 100% more Tetsuya Nomura compared to Drakengard 3, so take it as you will.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Well, this boss stonewalled me in my first playthrough. This was also a playthrough I lost to the chocobo eater though so I wouldn't say it was my best.

Welp. Here's hoping we don't kick any bombs that look like blitzballs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
A tank cannon seems like an incredibly bad weapon to use when you're trying to kidnap someone that's part of the enemy group.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Welp. Time to go back and reread all of the FFX LP.

Glad to see you decided to finish this one, TDI. :unsmith:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Yeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Surf's back up.

Pureauthor posted:

A tank cannon seems like an incredibly bad weapon to use when you're trying to kidnap someone that's part of the enemy group.

It also seems like it would be a really bad (if hilarious) idea to use it on a surface of ice.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 30, 2015

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
I was hoping for this to return. Excellent!

And yes, Seymolulu returns as well. Have fun fighting the tank.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mazed posted:

Yeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Surf's back up.

I could've gone the rest of my life without this reminder.

Dr. Psychobabble
Jun 14, 2009
Hell yeah.
It's finally time for this poo poo to be loved... to completion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This LP has certainly returned with style. Good to see, Id!

• Locked thread