Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

Cool. We should be excited that this person with a lovely attitude who is an unsafe worker is coming to NXT.

gently caress Japanese style wrestling, it's just loving awful, dangerous and boring.

/deliberately drops someone on their neck after chest-chopping/actually kicking them for 15 minutes

PSP says: "That guy is the single best worker ever :eyepop:"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I agree with this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Benne posted:

Everyone gives Dana poo poo, but you can tell by now that she has the basics down, and while she still has a long path towards competence, she's making tangible progress.

Eva Marie has yet to get the basics down. She looks like she's still waiting for Brian Kendrick's instructions.

I feel like she's had more matches than she's watched.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think the funniest part of my Florida license is that they put a yellow star on it if it's one of the Real ID ones.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Padje posted:

I feel like she's had more matches than she's watched.

I wonder about that with a lot of the non-Indy wrestlers that WWE hires. I feel like a lot of them have a clock in, clock out mentality where they have their matches, go to the shows, and never think about wrestling otherwise. You can kind of see it in their in-ring work - really uninspired and lacking any sort of creative spark that says "I've watched a lot of wrestling and this is how I'm going to bring something new to the table." Pretty much every good wrestler I can think of was a fan of the sport and would watch everything they could get their hands on in their free time. Was there anyone good who didn't have that approach and saw wrestling as a job rather than their passion?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Holland Oats posted:

I wonder about that with a lot of the non-Indy wrestlers that WWE hires. I feel like a lot of them have a clock in, clock out mentality where they have their matches, go to the shows, and never think about wrestling otherwise. You can kind of see it in their in-ring work - really uninspired and lacking any sort of creative spark that says "I've watched a lot of wrestling and this is how I'm going to bring something new to the table." Pretty much every good wrestler I can think of was a fan of the sport and would watch everything they could get their hands on in their free time. Was there anyone good who didn't have that approach and saw wrestling as a job rather than their passion?

Depending on how you view Brock Lesnar, you could make the argument that he has this mentality. He certainly has the drive to be the best, but that is true of any athletic endeavor for him. I doubt he has an NJPW World subscription to catch up on matches he missed. Angle had also never watched wrestling until he got into it, but he obviously became addicted.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Holland Oats posted:

Was there anyone good who didn't have that approach and saw wrestling as a job rather than their passion?

Kevin Nash, depending on your definition of "good"

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Angle had also never watched wrestling until he got into it, but he obviously became addicted.

Kurt addicted to something? Doesn't add up to me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Goldberg really didn't give a poo poo about wrestling, but they booked him correctly.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

Kevin Nash, depending on your definition of "good"

I think The Very Best falls within the definition.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

tao of lmao posted:

I agree with this post.

i don't but i have no idea why he's punished for it. i guess we all have to have the same opinions. the guy's a loving idiot in the opie/anthony/bennington thread too.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
could god make a move even kevin nash couldn't half-rear end

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Under the vegetable posted:

i guess we all have to have the same opinions.

Welcome to discussing anything on the internet. I'm just sad we missed a chance to call out that poster for his problematic views on Japanese people. I'm a bit worried that a fan of Japanese wrestling might have felt a little triggered at the memory of Misawa's death with his casual talk of head drops.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

i don't but i have no idea why he's punished for it.

Then read the probation reason, and if you're still unclear, talk about it in QCS, not this thread.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Social justice went too far when it claimed spudsbuckley

EDIT or hey what fatherdog said

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Social justice went too far when it claimed spudsbuckley

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

as someone who has a problem with authority, my hill to die in is the weird guy who kept making dumb spazzy posts about people liking wrestlers he doesn't

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You PC Police are the reason we can't staple leeches which is the whole drat reason Ian took that shoot job at the bait shop to begin with

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
You PC thugs leave spudsrusso alone!

ParanoidInc posted:

Creative Control Chokehold

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

Getting back to NXT, do the Takeovers end up on Hulu at all, or are they only on the Network? Don't really feel like giving them my money anymore and I can watch the specials on Hulu as well as the weekly show, I'm down with that.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
The previous Takeovers have all gone up on Hulu the next day.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Depending on how you view Brock Lesnar, you could make the argument that he has this mentality. He certainly has the drive to be the best, but that is true of any athletic endeavor for him. I doubt he has an NJPW World subscription to catch up on matches he missed. Angle had also never watched wrestling until he got into it, but he obviously became addicted.

I think you're right on about that, it's probably Brock.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

ParanoidInc posted:

Hair Flip.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It doesn't really feel like this is the go-home show. Still pretty excited for Takeover though.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

poo poo, Cass looks ripped

Ever since the house show I've been listening to Joe's new theme nonstop, I love it

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Balor needs sparkle jacket

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This match feels like it skipped from first gear straight to fifth gear

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
:smith:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Enzo and Cass will get that push some day :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That match was so weirdly edited. Felt like we just saw the beginning and end and the commercial cut out the middle.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Can we please have a match at Takeover where Asuka wrecks Dana Brooke nonstop

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
whoever told these boys to do endless headlocks, boooooooooo

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

well!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

A high heena.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

Regal gives the people want they want

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

R.I.P. Dana Brooke

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

What video was being shown?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

lmao Dana with the facial acting

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

wow really hosed up for regal to be showing them those gravure videos.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What if Nia doesn't actually exist and this is all an elaborate troll job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Evil Emma's theme rules

• Locked thread