Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I bought Shark Cards on the 360 because I had reward credit that was expiring and nothing better to spend the credit on :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Postin on Page Not Found :cool:

Anyone have any experience with the recently added air vehicle spawn locations? Just wondering how that change has affected getting to my buzzard for better or worse.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
My Hydra spawns at the end of the diagonal runway on the Blaine Airstrip in Landing Gear missions now, which is nice.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Vehicle spawning during heists appears to be completely hosed; every setup mission I did tonight, our cars were strewn across the road two miles away.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Had some fun with King of the Hill the other night. The whole session tends to head for the objective and focus on capturing it, so if you don't care about winning you can kind of wander around the vicinity murdering people at will because they're not watching their rear end. Meanwhile the "winner" of the event got to crouch in a hole for six minutes or whatever doing basically nothing.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

you are the worst

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

EvanSchenck posted:

The whole session tends to head for the objective and focus on capturing it

No... no they don't. They head to the objective and just kill eachother, instead of focusing on killing the king.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Rockstar should have done a freeroam thing where everyone is given a random-valued bounty and the goal is to collect the most money from bounties before the timer ends or before all of the bounties are collected.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

UserErr0r posted:

Rockstar should have done a freeroam thing where everyone is given a random-valued bounty and the goal is to collect the most money from bounties before the timer ends or before all of the bounties are collected.

that sounds too much like fun user...this is rockstar we're talking about

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

UserErr0r posted:

No... no they don't. They head to the objective and just kill eachother, instead of focusing on killing the king.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I play gta online casually a few nights a week and I have over 9 mil in the bank. If you seriously need to cheat to play this you are pretty lame.

edit: Sorry, you're not cheating, you're hacking.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I play and have 11 million in the bank. I never cheated or exploited for a good long while until cash a palooza and I realized that they weren't punished the recipients of cash, nor were they punishing people who used game bugs, only those hijacking files and similar.

After they conclusively show that they don't punish, I'm the retard if I don't take advantage of dead hookers and similar things as long as I don't go crazy like a retard about it. I don't feel the slightest bit bad about it either. I didn't go loving nuts and make billions like a moron, you don't need hundreds of millions to be comfortable.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Hunting Pack: Great mode, or greatest mode?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I probably got 10 or 12 million from hackers, used it mostly to buy Warstock vehicles I'd otherwise never own. And I'm not sorry at all.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Big ups to C0upedeville and Usersa for helping me do the EMP delivery btw, as I've been stuck at that mission for a while now; today someone left the Humane finale after one failure because our gunner was completely incapable of shooting anything down, and we failed a second attempt when the now extremely competent gunner dropped out due to his connection. :cripes: Finales are a lot easier to get players for, at any rate.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
For certain free roam activities, the participants are invulnerable to damage directly from players. This includes things like "longest distance while driving in reverse". However, similar to passive players, they can still be killed if you blow up an NPC/unoccupied vehicle right next to them, immediately ending their current run. And they'll probably get very mad if they lost first place because you killed them indirectly and spend the remainder of the session hunting you down.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Along those lines, picking a buzzard for low flying challenge made for one of the funniest 30k I've ever earned. It's a whole new kind of fish in a barrel.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
"penned in" i really fun, particularly when you bring an insurgent and the other dudes bring supercars.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

BitBasher posted:

I play and have 11 million in the bank. I never cheated or exploited for a good long while until cash a palooza and I realized that they weren't punished the recipients of cash, nor were they punishing people who used game bugs, only those hijacking files and similar.

After they conclusively show that they don't punish, I'm the retard if I don't take advantage of dead hookers and similar things as long as I don't go crazy like a retard about it. I don't feel the slightest bit bad about it either. I didn't go loving nuts and make billions like a moron, you don't need hundreds of millions to be comfortable.

Your avatar is really telling you to stop lmao

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Jose Mengelez posted:

"penned in" i really fun, particularly when you bring an insurgent and the other dudes bring supercars.

I played it with 2 people the other day and it was dull as heck. Specially since if neither of you are in the thing right at the end it just goes "NOBODY WINS". Despite it being damnnear impossible to have stayed in the circle because it went over a wall and then into a fuckin gas station with poles everywhere.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

UserErr0r posted:

For certain free roam activities, the participants are invulnerable to damage directly from players. This includes things like "longest distance while driving in reverse". However, similar to passive players, they can still be killed if you blow up an NPC/unoccupied vehicle right next to them, immediately ending their current run. And they'll probably get very mad if they lost first place because you killed them indirectly and spend the remainder of the session hunting you down.

I intentionally took out a guy so I could assure my victory in the 'drive the longest distance without crashing' freeroam challenge.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

coupedeville posted:

I intentionally took out a guy so I could assure my victory in the 'drive the longest distance without crashing' freeroam challenge.

I called mercenaries on the guy in first.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Speaking of, I had a great moment yesterday with User where someone called a mugger on him while he was in my car. The mugger pulled him out of the passenger seat, mugged him and GOT IN MY CAR. I then drove off with the mugger trapped in my car. :v:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

AirRaid posted:

Speaking of, I had a great moment yesterday with User where someone called a mugger on him while he was in my car. The mugger pulled him out of the passenger seat, mugged him and GOT IN MY CAR. I then drove off with the mugger trapped in my car. :v:

The muggers seem more prone to this lately. A few days ago I chased down a red circle NPC driving like a bat out of hell in a custom Coquette. I figured it was a new assassination target, but no it was a mugger driving someones car that dropped 10k of someones cash when I killed him. I wasn't even charged with destroying a PV.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 27, 2015

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

BitBasher posted:

I called mercenaries on the guy in first.

:hfive: gently caress yea GTA goons going hard in los santos

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Did the Humane finale first time, albeit with the chopper cutting out constantly by the end after a hideous barrage of rockets on the way to the last checkpoint, then assisted in the Fleeca finale with what turned out to be a goon. Good times.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

coupedeville posted:

I don't get that one. The one I killed a guy in last night was a "drive in reverse" version of that challenge, including "without crashing". He hit a LOT of cars going backwards, yet it never reset his timer.

AirRaid posted:

I played it with 2 people the other day and it was dull as heck. Specially since if neither of you are in the thing right at the end it just goes "NOBODY WINS". Despite it being damnnear impossible to have stayed in the circle because it went over a wall and then into a fuckin gas station with poles everywhere.
I don't think Rockstar playtested that one. But I also don't think they playtested most of the game to begin with. Maybe they had one guy doing QA and he was like "yeah, this kinda works", so they didn't bother to fix it.
Evil idea: any time a Penned In comes up, and you know the route, find a truck hauling any kind of trailer, and block a narrow passageway with it. The super cars might be small enough to drive right under the trailers, but I don't think the Kuruma is. A lot of players bring Kurumas thinking they're going to be shot at. It'll definitely block insurgents.

Jose Mengelez posted:

The first time I did a Penned In activity, another guy in a super car kept ramming my insurgent trying to get me out of bounds, but I don't think he realized you're given ~8 seconds to get back in.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I logged in today and a full screen message popped up and said "Congratulations you won $50000 and in-game items." I had the 50k but I'm not sure what in-game items it was talking about...

titties
May 10, 2012

mutata posted:

I logged in today and a full screen message popped up and said "Congratulations you won $50000 and in-game items." I had the 50k but I'm not sure what in-game items it was talking about...

It's a shirt. It was a bonus for completing 5+ free roam events during the event weekend.

Also, If anyone on PS4 needs cash and wants to heist or grind missions you can send me a message and I'll help out. PSN: mr_dread

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Holy gently caress but randoms are godawful at heists. I must've been playing with a couple of twelve-year-olds or something, because my last attempt at infiltrating the EMP into the Humane Labs was loving painful. It doesn't help that we got spawned four miles away from where we needed to be and sans our personal vehicles, and it really doesn't help that none of those chucklefucks could drive and that, when they finally did get to the car, they spent a good two minutes throwing eachother out of the driver's seat. Their eagerness to do something none of them could pull off was astonishing, and one of the two retards on my team kept running into a line of sight when me and the other guy with a clue were down to, like, the last guard in the way.

Ugh. Do goons ever run heists?

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

David Corbett posted:

It doesn't help that we got spawned four miles away from where we needed to be and sans our personal vehicles
You always start a heist mission from the host's apartment building. It sure is fun driving from Los Santos to the meth house across the lake on the other side of the island 5 times in a row.

If your car spawned halfway across the map, you can have it delivered to you through the interaction menu (press M -- assuming you're on PC)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I did the prison break finale yesterday and for some reason he was doing it on easy. Weird, I thought, but it should be an easy bit of cash either way and the guy is lvl 60, so he can't be THAT terrible.

Three failed attempts later by the prisoner/host, one before they even reached the prison, I crashed the plane into a hill and peaced out. Treasure every half decent random you find, because with most of them, gross incompetence knows no bounds.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I did the prison break finale yesterday and for some reason he was doing it on easy. Weird, I thought, but it should be an easy bit of cash either way and the guy is lvl 60, so he can't be THAT terrible.

Three failed attempts later by the prisoner/host, one before they even reached the prison, I crashed the plane into a hill and peaced out. Treasure every half decent random you find, because with most of them, gross incompetence knows no bounds.

I tried that myself with it being on easy with randos, it did not work well at all. Have zero faith in everyone.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

We're all randoms to someone.

titties
May 10, 2012

David Corbett posted:

Ugh. Do goons ever run heists?

Yes. If you're on PS4 I'll heist with you, I'm familiar with all roles in all heists.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

titties posted:

Yes. If you're on PS4 I'll heist with you, I'm familiar with all roles in all heists.

Same here, but for me it would be a good idea to set up a time. Right now most of my gaming time is spent trying to get to Valhallah all shiny and chrome.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I should either be trying to get to Valhallah all shiny and chrome or working on my Mother Base by sneaking around in a cardboard box stealing stuff with balloons but no I keep coming back to GTA Online. I can't stay away!

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 30, 2015

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Couple days ago I played through prison break finale on hard with a Québécois guy hosting--me as guard, he as prisoner. First time, the pilot somehow crashed as we were parking the bus inside the prison. Second time went by the numbers, and we get to the very end and I'm washing my boots in the Pacific waiting for the other two to parachute down, when the host glides his chute straight into the rotor of the buzzard, shredding himself and blowing the heist with literally seconds to go.

I knew he was québécois because he yelled "Tabernac!" in the chat.

Vokehead
Feb 13, 2013
Running PacStan on ps4 right now if there's anyone on. PSN: stoneinfocus

Edit: Filled

Vokehead fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

EvanSchenck posted:

I'm washing my boots in the Pacific waiting for the other two to parachute down, when the host glides his chute straight into the rotor of the buzzard, shredding himself and blowing the heist with literally seconds to go.

This would be easy for the pilot to avoid if they could get out of the helicopter so the rotors quit spinning. I avoid accidental rotor deaths by parking the helicopter on the small cliff just on the edge of the beach, but I wouldn't be surprised if pubbies go into full retard mode, spot the helicopter on the cliff, and aim for the cliff (specifically: the helicopter) instead of the beach, and get chopped up anyway.

• Locked thread