Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
is one of the famous star citizens a noted pedophile too? how did i not follow anything much about this game before now

AP posted:

He appears to be friends with the guy using science to decode an ancient alien space rock from the far future.

i can't wait for this guy to discover that they never did create 3 full alien languages (that was one of the stretch goals that got posted earlier in this thread right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Star Citizen is a lack of self control

reddit posted:

I promised my self not to put more money into the game after the tax implementation... I just payed more in tax for a virtual ship than I had ever before payed for an entire game.

STANDALONE SHIP - ENDEAVOR MASTER SET - LTI

The hype was real.

This post was buried at the bottom of the design thread with about -30 votes:

quote:

$400+ dollars for a ship you might get to fly sometime 3 years from now.... and probably wont even be in game visually for another 1-2 years, is just to bitter a pill for me to swallow after having bought an original freelancer digital package 3-4 years ago and still not even being able to fly that ship.

I get it, gotta keep making that money to fund the game, but I'll continue to say the same thing I've said since release dates started to slip more and more a little over a year ago.

Start actually releasing the foundation of the game you promised first. Not hype videos, no more concept ship sales, etc etc...

Yeah its a pretty looking concept, but continuing to push for more and more and *more* ships and ship sales, when you haven't even gotten out in a flyable state ships you sold 3 years ago, I'm just not gonna buy into the hype anymore.

I'm not trying to be a hater, I'm just at this point being honest that nobody looks good, when you keep selling virtual several hundred dollar spaceships 3 years down the road while still barely having released even a fraction of what is promised to come. It looks bad to outside Non-SC backers looking in, and its starting to look bad, even within the community.

Who knows though, maybe Citizencon will magically be the release of the FPS(Which has already had features cut for later release even though its still been delayed and isnt out yet) and Mini PU Alpha. Somehow though, judging by past reputation, Im starting to doubt it.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Sandi finally replied to my refund request and I'm torn..

I want the money back for the Redeemer on my account but I don't want the account closed and don't even intend to do anything with the money until the game is either buried or released.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Why do they keep pretending to build these gameplay systems for specific ships like space farming and space drink mixing, they're clearly not going to actually make them - they can't make any of their existing bits like multicrew or shooting as it is, let alone the 50th gameplay system to increase the scope.

They just seem an excuse for random staff members to write design documents and pretend to be game designers.

Does anyone actually think they're going do Cargo Commander based on a design document from the community manager? Anyone think there will actually ever be space court in the game? Or space astronomy? Or any of the fifty other minigames that are supposed to make their gameplay systems fun and yet connect seamlessly with every other bit of the design?

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

LCL-Dead posted:

I want the money back for the Redeemer on my account but I don't want the account closed and don't even intend to do anything with the money until the game is either buried or released.
Get your cash before it's too late.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

LCL-Dead posted:

gee golly whiz its hard to decide between getting out of a burning building or keeping my place in line. what say you, goonsirs?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Blazing Zero posted:

gee golly whiz its hard to decide between getting out of a burning building or keeping my place in line. what say you, goonsirs?

it's a really cool building. they just might be able to put the fire out. *looks up at raging inferno*

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

AP posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

The media hopefully have a new crowdfunded darling to lavish attention on.

Does anyone know if :pgi: are in any way going to benefit from the funds raised for Battletech?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sni6td
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14972-Research-Unbound-The-MISC-Endeavor

I'm excited to see PGI stick their rancid cheese covered dick into this project and attempt to gently caress it as badly as they've hosed MWO.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

LCL-Dead posted:

If it is giftable you may get 90%, if not, you buy an Aurora, pad it up with CCU's bought with credits from your melted ship and sell at 85% or so. Either will have you keeping the account. Or do a namechange on the account, allow it to be killed, buy in with the handle you want. Should work - right?

But I agree - get your money while you can.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
yeah as cool as battletech looks, im going to hang onto my cash until the game exists

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
And so you have helped me to see the light which is the fire burning brightly in the next room. Confirmed to Sandi for full refund/closure of account.

So.. What should I do with the $250 that's going to hit my paypal?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

LCL-Dead posted:

And so you have helped me to see the light which is the fire burning brightly in the next room. Confirmed to Sandi for full refund/closure of account.

My spirit tells me that the proper answer involves burgs.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

LCL-Dead posted:

definitely buy a space weed farmer ship

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

No Mods No Masters posted:

Such a lust for jpegs

Whoooooooooo

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

LCL-Dead posted:

Put it towards a nice monitor. Buy a Logitech G710+ keyboard. Buy something for the wife. Buy those chickens and goats for those children in that village.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
What the gently caress do the people at Roberts Space Industries think they're doin.

Seriously wtf do they think they're doin.

lol!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cowman posted:

what the hell is star citizen even supposed to be? a space mmo with thousand dollar ships that get blown up and you're gently caress out of money? Isn't that what EVE does?

I've been paying attention to Star Citizen for three years now. In that time I have read as much as I could, watched nearly every video related to gameplay, poured over countless interviews, and have had a record 11 questions answered by the "104TX" series. I have met the developers, including visiting the Santa Monica studio, and have been involved in numerous examples of where feedback has changed the game or the crowdfunding project. I am likely one of the most visible members of the community, and almost certainly one of the most controversial. I can say, with complete confidence, that nobody outside of CIG (and possibly nobody inside CIG) has a clear idea of what Star Citizen is supposed to be.

At best I can say Star Citizen a first-person space opera MMO with elements of EVE Online, Privateer, and Mass Effect and a heavy emphasis on mini-games. Squadron 42 is Wing Commander with twenty-five years of polish.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Maldoror posted:

What the gently caress do the people at Roberts Space Industries think they're doin.

Seriously wtf do they think they're doin.

lol!

Same as they have always been doing. Making money by selling pictures of spaceships to credulous dolts.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

lol oh my

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jethro_E7 posted:

Put it towards a nice monitor. Buy a Logitech G710+ keyboard. Buy something for the wife. Buy those chickens and goats for those children in that village.

Oooh.. Second monitor, not a bad idea. Any word on what the Vive and OR(CV1) are rumored to cost on release?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

How bad is that? I have no idea how previous sales have gone.

e: I know some previous ships have made millions but what's considered a good hourly rate?

kikkelivelho fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 30, 2015

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The only ship Chris Roberts gives a poo poo about is the MV Freewinds.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

Oooh.. Second monitor, not a bad idea. Any word on what the Vive and OR(CV1) are rumored to cost on release?

Seriously, buy yourself a nice BBQ, if you already have one, invest it into nice groceries, cook and invite some friends over for dinner. If you can't cook, get cooking lessons. Or buy something else non-computer related.

kikkelivelho posted:

How bad is that? I have no idea how previous sales have gone.

It's so bad it is basically the Hitler of sales...

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

I remembered that I had a shared imgur with my friend and well, guess what is on it? Some pics!

edit: I will post more in two weeks

On the one hand I am sighing internally, saying to myself: "Oh you! Why'd ya have to turn out to be such a goon in the end still and not just leave it behind you?"

But on the other hand, if the pics are there...why not spread 'em around at this point?

In conclusion, Ras, as always you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Seriously, buy yourself a nice BBQ, if you already have one, invest it into nice groceries, cook and invite some friends over for dinner. If you can't cook, get cooking lessons. Or buy something else non-computer related.

It's so bad it is basically the Hitler of sales...

I have all of those things. My computer is seriously the last thing I put money into when times like this come around. The only reason I've got a relevant GPU installed is because my dad likes to throw his guilt money at me from time to time when I harass him about seeing his grand daughters. I seriously don't know what to do with this $250 other than to leave it sitting in the bank until needed... but that feels wrong.

Guess I'll start combing through the wife's amazon wish list or something.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

I have all of those things. My computer is seriously the last thing I put money into when times like this come around. The only reason I've got a relevant GPU installed is because my dad likes to throw his guilt money at me from time to time when I harass him about seeing his grand daughters. I seriously don't know what to do with this $250 other than to leave it sitting in the bank until needed... but that feels wrong.

Then there is only 1 answer: dry-aging fridge.

Edit: On second thought, there may be a second answer: Meat Citizen.

Farms now sell "shares" in cows. You pay today to invest in a cow and after several months/years you reap the benefits and get half a cow neatly partitioned to make steaks, burgs etc. from it.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Sep 30, 2015

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

LCL-Dead posted:

Any word on what the Vive and OR(CV1) are rumored to cost on release?

$300-$500.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

LCL-Dead posted:

Buying something nice for your wife (even if she burns through money like an incinerator) is a hundred times better than having this cash 'invested' in this.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AP posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

The media hopefully have a new crowdfunded darling to lavish attention on.

Does anyone know if :pgi: are in any way going to benefit from the funds raised for Battletech?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sni6td
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14972-Research-Unbound-The-MISC-Endeavor

Harebrained is licensing PGI's Mech assets/art to use, which is good because their Mech art is generally great. But they're doing that regardless of what happens on kickstarter (The base skirmish game is funded by HBS), so technically none of the KS money goes to them.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
how long until croberts gives up on the entire thing

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Then there is only 1 answer: dry-aging fridge.

Edit: On second thought, there may be a second answer: Meat Citizen.

Farms now sell "shares" in cows. You pay today to invest in a cow and after several months/years you reap the benefits and get half a cow neatly partitioned to make steaks, burgs etc. from it.

I'm not trying to argue for pc upgrades, promise.

I'm not that into cooking. The only reason my grill has a smoker was because I got it for a steal off of a local yard sale website. I'm yet to actually smoke anything in it. I'm more of a cast iron skillet with some salmon and cleaned shrimp cooking kind of guy, with mac-n-cheese and hotdogs thrown in on the side because my girls still refuse to try seafood.

On the other side of that, my uncle raises cattle for meat. Good quality steak is a phone call away for me.

CrazyLoon posted:

Buying something nice for your wife (even if she burns through money like an incinerator) is a hundred times better than having this cash 'invested' in this.

Truth. Like I said, I'm going to dig through her Amazon wish list and then call her sister/mom to see if they can give me any ideas. I already nabbed us a vacation to Bermuda for pennies this Christmas so finding anything else to surprise her with is going to be hard.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

On the other side of that, my uncle raises cattle for meat. Good quality steak is a phone call away for me.

You lucky git, you could have left the money in SC...

Nah seriously buy whatever you want as long as it is actually delivered and usable on time :downsrim:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Please read the OP.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wish I would have bought this game so I could request a refund :(

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah as cool as battletech looks, im going to hang onto my cash until the game exists

All in all, HBS is a pretty safe bet. They've already done 3 Kickstarters and released good games in the time frame they promised.

Dead cat bounce.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Iron Tusk posted:

All in all, HBS is a pretty safe bet. They've already done 3 Kickstarters and released good games in the time frame they promised.

Dead cat bounce.

Yep I trust the concept art more of HBS than CIG

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Thanks, a million times thanks!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

time to make a mining science exploration? transport space janitor class ship and put it up for sale

fly around AFTER the battle and clean up that space debris!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This is the document that Croberts shows his accountant to file his taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hopper posted:

We did this with our friends and it was awesome. I now have a freezer full of individually packaged bits of delicious cow.

Ossobuco is a thing and it is awesome.

• Locked thread