Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

fly around AFTER the battle and clean up that space debris!

I know you're joking about that but they literally already did that.

I think it sold for at least 350$.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We did this with our friends and it was awesome. I now have a freezer full of individually packaged bits of delicious cow.

Ossobuco is a thing and it is awesome.

Braised/slow cooked (Or pressure cooked because why wait 5 hours for delicious beef when it can be done in a half hour?) beef shanks and or oxtail are the best god damned cuts for flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

time to make a mining science exploration? transport space janitor class ship and put it up for sale

fly around AFTER the battle and clean up that space debris!

They already have that, the Reclaimer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EminusSleepus posted:

nah he is fine

Man, after the Mystery Machine broke down Velma just gave the gently caress up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

I know you're joking about that but they literally already did that.

I think it sold for at least 350$.

Wulfling posted:

They already have that, the Reclaimer.

haha i thought that was the mining ship. WELP

maybe they will sell a tugboat style ship that helps larger ships dock properly.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

not a cult posted:

You didn't look at the size of the ship, did you? The closest ships in size to it are $550 and $1200.

Compared to other ships in it's class, it's actually extremely well-priced.

I understand that it has gradually taken a while to get to the point where people post stuff like this but as someone who just discovered all this at once it's loving insane :lol:

quote:

You didn't look at the furniture that come with the ship did you ? The carrack , sure smaller, but has three modules , a hangar bay , a rover bay , more defences of superior S4 size and a pishes ship class as well as a rover included, all for the price of 350 .

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 30, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

maybe they will sell a tugboat style ship that helps larger ships dock properly.
Will Ben help Chris explain how a tug job goes?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Will Ben help Chris explain how a tug job goes?

you will just get a typical CR answer

"we don't know yet"

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We did this with our friends and it was awesome. I now have a freezer full of individually packaged bits of delicious cow.

Ossobuco is a thing and it is awesome.

I can help slaughter a cow for the meat but I really prefer chicken. At the same time I really want to try venison that hasn't been mixed with something else so that I can judge the "gamey" taste I hear people reference, but I have no urge to hunt and no will to learn how to clean a deer.

A small local service like the one you mentioned, but for venison, would be loving awesome.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

I understand that it has gradually taken a while to get to the point where people post stuff like this but as someone who just discovered all this at once it's loving insane :lol:

:aaaaa:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

It's a pretty compelling example of how accustomed a community can get to certain norms over time. Originally many people balked at the idea of a $250 Constellation (I know I did, and still do), but as enthusiasm increased the prices slowly crept upwards. What's amazing to me is how people will go apeshit over some made up numbers.

LCL-Dead posted:

I can help slaughter a cow for the meat but I really prefer chicken. At the same time I really want to try venison that hasn't been mixed with something else so that I can judge the "gamey" taste I hear people reference, but I have no urge to hunt and no will to learn how to clean a deer.

A small local service like the one you mentioned, but for venison, would be loving awesome.

Having hunted, killed, gutted, and butchered Bambi's mom I can assure you that venison is delicious. It's super lean so people typically add fat to the ground venison when making burgers or whatever, but the backstraps are incredible with just a little butter and careful attention to cooking. I only went hunting once but I would love to go again. At least in my home state of Maryland you cannot sell venison. Several of my more hunting-oriented buddies donate much of what they get to food banks and shelters though.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 30, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

If anyone wants to help those hungry kids and have a burg, Byron Burger are doing all burgers for 25p next Tuesday on some charity thing. They're a little pricey (usually) but not too bad for a UK chain. And their milkshakes are off the hook.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Thanks, a million times thanks!

My favourite bit is Ben's joy at Croberts' vigorous wrist action. He's like a loving nodding dog in a car going over speed bumps.

CrazyLoon posted:

Buying something nice for your wife (even if she burns through money like an incinerator)

What if my wife burns through money like Chris Roberts on a coke bender after a ship sale?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

alphabettitouretti posted:

My favourite bit is Ben's joy at Croberts' vigorous wrist action.

phrasing

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EminusSleepus posted:

you will just get a typical CR answer

"we don't know yet"
Now we know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3lIkUgww64

My favourite bit is Ben's joy at Croberts' vigorous wrist action. He's like a loving nodding dog in a car going over speed bumps.
Chris may has a hidden talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Sg9gD05fI

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Having hunted, killed, gutted, and butchered Bambi's mom I can assure you that venison is delicious. It's super lean so people typically add fat to the ground venison when making burgers or whatever, but the backstraps are incredible with just a little butter and careful attention to cooking. I only went hunting once but I would love to go again. At least in my home state of Maryland you cannot sell venison. Several of my more hunting-oriented buddies donate much of what they get to food banks and shelters though.

I'm so sorry. I too hail from Maryland and am glad to have escaped.

I think my wife would divorce me if she had knowledge of me going out and actively killing a deer. She's not anti-hunting or anything but we have a small group of deer that regularly hang out, eating acorns, in our front and back lawn. Given we're on a military base with only one very small hunting area they've gotten pretty domesticated and will take acorns from your hand if you have the patience to wait out their hesitation. She's pretty attached to them and is actually nervous now that the season is upon us.

There's an 8 point buck that roams with them and he's so used to me walking my dog at night that he stands just outside of the reach of the leash and teases the gently caress out of my dog, almost like he's trying to play with him. This only serves to make my dog go absolutely apeshit but it gets him spun up enough that he usually shits within about 10 seconds of spotting the buck. That's a win in my book since it means I don't have to play the "pick a spot to poo poo" game that lasts almost 20 minutes with him.

Anyway, I should have my money in two weeks if the 5 days it took for support to get back to me is any indication of their work flow. If this poo poo show ever does hit a "release" status I guess I'll give it a shot then.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

so I've sunk $20 to access this "game" in 2016. til then, is it worth picking of elitie dangerous on sale and space truck with my friends?

what's the pvp like in ED? existent or non-existent like sandi's self-esteem?

Edit:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At least in my home state of Maryland you cannot sell venison.
sup MD friend. i'm from calvert county. i'm heading home to visit the fam soon and plan on enjoying a weekend in solomon's island. i'm so hyped for the marine museum, cypress swamps and seafood :toot:

Zmej fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 30, 2015

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zmej posted:

so I've sunk $20 to access this "game" in 2016. til then, is it worth picking of elitie dangerous on sale and space truck with my friends?

You should go to the ED thread and ask. You'll get plenty of :frontear: worthy answers.

From my experience though the game is what you make of it. If you want PvP there are easy ways to find it.

-Going to starting areas and attacking noobs.
-Going to combat related public events and joining a faction side in a combat zone will almost always throw other players against you.

Be warned: Someone who's only been playing for a few days/weeks isn't really going to be a match against someone who's out there solely for PvP and has been playing the game since release. Skill aside.. bigger weapons + small weapon debuff against large ship types will gently caress you in 10 seconds.

Explore, run rare goods, trade poo poo, do pve bounty hunting. Planetary landing (in it's first version on airless rocky moons with their own objectives/bases) comes out over the holidays, so there's that too.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Zmej posted:

Currently it's pretty quiet. There are some groups who organise rucks, otherwise you're left to either float around in the hope of ganking some innocent or face up against the Space Rich who got in early to have the biggest ships and guns who hang around popular areas swatting newcomers.

This may improve with the release of the forthcoming arena mode, which involves properly organised battles with groups of smaller fighters.

Still reckon ED is worth a punt if you like that sort of thing, particularly if it's on sale. Even if you get bored after a while it's real nice to just fly around, the scale is impressive and it's actual functioning space game.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Maldoror posted:

it's a really cool building. they just might be able to put the fire out. *looks up at raging inferno*

Dick Wulf exposes his dick again and feebly attempts to calm the flames by pissing on them. Derek Smart sits on the other side of the inferno pouring gasoline and throwing molotov cocktails on sections not yet engulfed.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

LCL-Dead posted:

The only problem with deer is that since it has such a low amount of fat the margin between juicy and boot leather touch is extremely small. But if you hit it just right....it amazing and the "gamey" taste isn't there. Are you next to a big hunter community? I would suggest trying to find a local butcher shop that specializes/advertised processing deer for hunters. After a certain point hunters get so much meat they start giving it to the homeless shelters

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Ragequit posted:

Dick Wulf exposes his dick again and feebly attempts to calm the flames by pissing on them. Derek Smart sits on the other side of the inferno pouring gasoline and throwing molotov cocktails on sections not yet engulfed.

im glad 25k usd man sends hisdick.jpg around. im sure this is a sign of mental soundness

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Haha, I can't imagine how many amazing space games would have resulted if you split up a 90 million dollar fund to a ton of indie devs. Pretty depressing :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LCL-Dead posted:

I think my wife would divorce me if she had knowledge of me going out and actively killing a deer. She's not anti-hunting or anything but we have a small group of deer that regularly hang out, eating acorns, in our front and back lawn. Given we're on a military base with only one very small hunting area they've gotten pretty domesticated and will take acorns from your hand if you have the patience to wait out their hesitation. She's pretty attached to them and is actually nervous now that the season is upon us.

There's an 8 point buck that roams with them and he's so used to me walking my dog at night that he stands just outside of the reach of the leash and teases the gently caress out of my dog, almost like he's trying to play with him. This only serves to make my dog go absolutely apeshit but it gets him spun up enough that he usually shits within about 10 seconds of spotting the buck. That's a win in my book since it means I don't have to play the "pick a spot to poo poo" game that lasts almost 20 minutes with him.

Anyway, I should have my money in two weeks if the 5 days it took for support to get back to me is any indication of their work flow. If this poo poo show ever does hit a "release" status I guess I'll give it a shot then.

I like Maryland. I live in the southern part of the state and I enjoy my life so it's all good.

My wife almost divorced me after I went hunting for the first time. I told her it might be four hours or so and then went on into the woods, turning off my cell. 8 hours later I check my cell and my wife has left me more than a few messages indicating her displeasure at the idea that I ran off into the woods with a bunch of guys with guns and for all she knew I was dead. The good ole' boys I was with all got a laugh at that. So yeah, overestimate how long you'll be gone when you tell your wife this stuff.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Unormal posted:

Haha, I can't imagine how many amazing space games would have resulted if you split up a 90 million dollar fund to a ton of indie devs. Pretty depressing :(

its okay, no mans sky will be just as sad

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

LCL-Dead posted:

same here. what county/town were you in? i appreciate MD more after living in philly for almost a decade now. maybe it's because i'm forgetting what it was like growing up with such whitetrash in the southern end.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
How do I request a refund if I didn't give them any money?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

willus posted:

is one of the famous star citizens a noted pedophile too?
"one of"?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

kikkelivelho posted:

How bad is that? I have no idea how previous sales have gone.

It's too early to say with any accuracy, the first 24 hours is when the people who absolutely were going to buy it and were just waiting for the sale, actually do so.

I think the figures will drop off as it won't be as popular with other impulse buyers, too pricey, but on the hand the figures aren't that bad so far and it is the only science ship they have ever sold. So if that scratches your particular ship dream itch...

I wouldn't get your hopes up of a massive disappointment that's going to make them rethink anything, 800k-1 million which would be better than the Space Bus is very possible, they could even do a lot better considering this sale runs right up to Citizen Con and people are going to get hyped for that.

The massive disappointment obviously comes later with the full game.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
remember when nerds kept getting angry at rational ppl who were like yo this game isnt real stop being retards

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like Maryland. I live in the southern part of the state and I enjoy my life so it's all good.

My wife almost divorced me after I went hunting for the first time. I told her it might be four hours or so and then went on into the woods, turning off my cell. 8 hours later I check my cell and my wife has left me more than a few messages indicating her displeasure at the idea that I ran off into the woods with a bunch of guys with guns and for all she knew I was dead. The good ole' boys I was with all got a laugh at that. So yeah, overestimate how long you'll be gone when you tell your wife this stuff.

Haha, I would love to go hunting but in Germany the laws are VERY strict. You have to take tests and stuff and then blah...

Luckily my colleagues husband is a hunter. Last Christmas I roasted huge board shoulder that fed 8 people. And it cost me 35€ to cover his costs as opposed to 80+ in stores.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Robzilla posted:

How do I request a refund if I didn't give them any money?

Send then a dick pic.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Did they schedule the sale for a Tuesday because some people were still holding out hope for a September Star Marine release? Or is it to pad sales numbers for the month? Or just make it in time so they can sell something else in October? Have they ever sold 2 ships in one month?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:yikes:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

HKS posted:

Did they schedule the sale for a Tuesday because some people were still holding out hope for a September Star Marine release? Or is it to pad sales numbers for the month? Or just make it in time so they can sell something else in October? Have they ever sold 2 ships in one month?

All the above and yes.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

I too will gladly pay more than a cards value for a gift card. WTF?

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

no_recall posted:

Elite : Dangerous is a good game.

Star Citizen has better plot.

No competition whatsoever.

I amam premium backer of ED. I played 40 hours but I just can't start this game again until it has some... well content?

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I'm so obsessed with Star Citizen I even went to the brown sea. I can't get enough of this poo poo. I think Kaedan and Seria Mau are either master trolls, or they will kill some peeps when it's all over.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

They should sell them as some collector's cards. Sell a 1000$ one for 1200$ and see the money piling up (even more)!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

What if my wife burns through money like Chris Roberts on a coke bender after a ship sale?

Same as any doomed relationship (business or otherwise). Sever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hopper posted:

I too will gladly pay more than a cards value for a gift card. WTF?

When you think about it it's actually one of their best value products yet - spending $120 to buy $100 is far better than spending $120 on an imaginary space ship!

• Locked thread