Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Drunk in Space posted:

So after not really following this game at all since backing it in the original kickstarter, completely losing interest very early on, and sitting on an LTI Rear Admiral package with all the bells and whistles . . .

is this finally a good time to sell?

naa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Of loving course, no one knows how much longer this charade will go on. If you do not sell/refund you're burning money

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

What is "LTI"?

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

SirPhoebos posted:

What is "LTI"?

Love
Those
Idiots

It's an extra tax added to the ship prices for a game that most probably will never come out.

Edit. tax as in taxing your wallet

(Life Time Insurance if you hoped for a real answer, which according to the creator is a non-issue and absolutely nothing to worry over but regarded by the community as valuable, driving sales and letting you sell stuff with a surcharge on the greymarket)

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 30, 2015

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

SirPhoebos posted:

What is "LTI"?

LifeTime Intoxication, a beer created by the OP. He traded several bottles of it to Cloud Imperium for a visit to the Santa Monica studio.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've been paying attention to Star Citizen for three years now. In that time I have read as much as I could, watched nearly every video related to gameplay, poured over countless interviews, and have had a record 11 questions answered by the "104TX" series. I have met the developers, including visiting the Santa Monica studio, and have been involved in numerous examples of where feedback has changed the game or the crowdfunding project. I am likely one of the most visible members of the community, and almost certainly one of the most controversial. I can say, with complete confidence, that nobody outside of CIG (and possibly nobody inside CIG) has a clear idea of what Star Citizen is supposed to be.

At best I can say Star Citizen a first-person space opera MMO with elements of EVE Online, Privateer, and Mass Effect and a heavy emphasis on mini-games. Squadron 42 is Wing Commander with twenty-five years of polish.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SirPhoebos posted:

What is "LTI"?
It's Lifetime Insurance, which anyone spending several hundred dollars for a spaceship would be a fool not to buy. If your super costly pretend spaceship is destroyed in game, it's good to have the peace of mind knowing that CIG will do the necessary labor mechanical work to get that ship rebuilt and up-and-running.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

Of loving course, no one knows how much longer this charade will go on. If you do not sell/refund you're burning money

I guess my thinking before was to wait as long as possible as more modules came out to tap into the surge of enthusiasm they would bring before selling (I think somebody actually recommended this to me last time I price-checked).

But at this point I really don't care anymore and just wanna ditch it. So does everyone else by the looks of it!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

IronicDongz posted:

star shitizen

shart shitizen

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

So, is this a good time to invest in the game?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PlzcDY_oeU

A short preview of the new MISC Endeavor holoviewer model in cryengine

[Subscriber's Vault] Endeavor Concept (more on image link)

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

shart shitizen

Kick it, kick it again.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
remember when the star citizen forums banned animated gifs over fears that goons were deliberately trying to induce epileptic seizures

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Got approved for refund this morning, hit my paypal like an hour ago, and moving from paypal to my bank now! I'm out!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

At last, I can fulfil my dream of recreating the plot of Silent Running in a video game!

By ejecting my crewmates into space and handing over the ship to its rightful robot overlords.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Banano posted:

remember when the star citizen forums banned animated gifs over fears that goons were deliberately trying to induce epileptic seizures

Yeah, cause those fucks banned my sig and gave me a probation over it w/o warning.

Lesnick couldn't mod his way outta his totes sweet polywhorl shirt.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

Amazing, so you can have an outdoor wank while in space. Take my $900.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Shala posted:

If you're not tryin to break the bank, I use this nice little $100 charcoal Nexgrill to great effect. I'd recommend it for a solid beater that works very well for not very much.

http://i.imgur.com/hpaAOxa.jpg

Step your grill game up and get a Kamado style grill

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Banano posted:

What more could we ever ask for in any game ever?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:rip: Grargh.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

AP posted:

Imagine how many months of work it will take to get this thing fully fleshed out by the artists, then how much longer still it will take to get it flyable and all the features coded in. Now multiply that by like 20-30 for all the other big ships they have. Then multiply that by 4 for every revision they will undergo. All while knowing they aren't even taking into account CQB balance so it'll all be a hot mess anyway.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 30, 2015

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I get the uneasy feeling that the ending of this poo poo-saga will be bad.

Like Dick Wulf showing up at the offices armed to the teeth, demanding him and Croberts to get into his -insert $2500 space jpeg- together and flying off into the sunset

Something like this

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What are the odds that Chris Robert's movie level cast is literally the cast of Firefly?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ha, figures that site isn't proxied off. Thanks muchly.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are the odds that Chris Robert's movie level cast is literally the cast of Firefly?

I think Fillion would be hard to get for the time period that they shot it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Nah I am guessing Hamill and the other silver hair dude from WC, and then some cast of the WC horribad movie, and Andy Serkis as one of the alien races because Gollum.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RubberJohnny posted:

I made a list of gameplay that isn't any further than a written post by a (usually non-technical) member of staff playing game designer like :lesnick: 3 years in:

Did I miss anything?

Child slave management.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

MeLKoR posted:

Man-child slave management.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

Step your grill game up and get a Kamado style grill

IDK what that is but it sounds pretty fuckin weeabooish so I don't care anymore.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

shart shitizen

poo poo Shitishit.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
The offer of surrender to the Star Citizen reddit appears to been withdrawn.

"Derek Smart Derek Smart Derek Smart posted:

I have been waiting for this decision.

So, as I am the subject of this discourse, I feel that I need to chime in here.

First, I applaud the spirit with which the mods wanted to conduct this poll, as well as the missive written above. It's all a waste of time really.

Second, the poll wasn't "closely contested". It was rigged. When I saw this - and ran an analysis - then questioned it, I got flamed.

And it's a little too late.

The fact is, a select group of people (who you all know) have made the Star Citizen community toxic. There is no getting around that, and recovery is impossible. Why? Because people are broken.

I wrote a technical blog weekend of July 4th. It was my opinion and I didn't hurt anyone.

Then a bunch of White Knights decided that the best course of action was to go out and attack the one person in the entire gaming industry, who is outspoken enough to cause even Satan himself an absolute PR nightmare. Right there on the gates of Hell.

Then, in what can only be described as a "wtf were you huffing?" moment, the brain trust at RSI/CGI, decided that the best course of action was to throw gas on a slow burning flame, by making it personal. And THEN double down by going public with the bullshit about me using a vaporware product as a platform, false accusations of my violating some bogus ToS etc. As if that wasn't bad enough, Ben Lesnik decided to take it one step further by calling me out in the forum.

As you all can see, since July, it has been a goddamn PR nightmare. I've since written five blogs. And I'm going to write one every two weeks or so. The next one Star Citizen - The Great Gaming Heist is in progress.

And I'm only just getting started. The good stuff is yet to come. Especially now that a bunch of people who were laid off, fired or quit, are no doubt talking to the media and everyone who would listen behind closed doors.
All you ladies had to do, was leave me alone to my own devices and this would have died down since July. No, that would be too easy. Instead, you all declared war on the one person who never saw an Internet fight he didn't like.

Have you ever seen a movie where this one hero rushes directly into the midst of overwhelmingly enemies, completely oblivious to the fact that there is a very good chance that he's going to get his rear end kicked.

I'm that guy. No. loving. Fear.

And now I'm getting death threats (1, 2)from one of your own. That's always hilarious.

So YOU all are COLLECTIVELY responsible for all this.

And there is no way on this God's Earth, that you win this fight. Not against the likes of me. You all are amateurs, out of your depth and completely out of your league.

I already said that I would graciously accept your collective surrender and we then discuss terms. Instead, you all laughed and continued to attack. Then you create a poll. Which I thought was cute.

So we fight.

This Star Citizen game is FUBAR. And when it collapses - as it will - we will all find something else to fight about because we will all remember that you were warned to get the hell off my goddamn lawn.
That is all.

ps: If you delete this, I'm just going to do a TwitLonger. Then it's just going to propagate outside of Reddit and generate even more noise.
pps: Yes, this is the part where you start wondering if you all got p0wned. The answer would be yes. Yes of course.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Shala posted:

IDK what that is but it sounds pretty fuckin weeabooish so I don't care anymore.

oh sure, a good product by a Japanese company is weabooish, just like the Sony PlayStation 4, which I bet you don't have, opting for the Microsoft Xbox One even though it has the wrong kind of RAM :rolleyes:

fly away troll

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I am so glad that Derek Smart got involved in this mess.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I'm still not sure what's more unbelievable: that Derek Smart has finally found his windmill to slay after a decade of complete irrelevance, or the fact that the Star Citizen community as a whole is willingly offering itself up as that windmill.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Those that have heard back on a refund, what was the wait time? I sent mine Sunday and so far nothing but the auto reply.

Wondering if I should do a typical customer all caps request for an update.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Derek Smart is the hero we deserve

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

OhDearGodNo posted:

Wondering if I should do a typical customer all caps request for an update.

Yes being a huge rear end in a top hat is definitely the way to go when dealing with any customer service request no question right there.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

quote:

"Star Citizen: Enough to cause even Satan himself an absolute PR nightmare."

I love this man and his every bombastic utterance.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Dat Smart post :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Tarranon posted:

oh sure, a good product by a Japanese company is weabooish, just like the Sony PlayStation 4, which I bet you don't have, opting for the Microsoft Xbox One even though it has the wrong kind of RAM :rolleyes:

fly away troll

I do own an Xbone and no PS4.

Checkmate, overly serious guy.

• Locked thread