Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Raskolnikov posted:

Still no refund :smith:

I deserve this :smith:

If they refuse, make up a sob story and put it on Reddit. Fight fire with fire. There is no morality in this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

Still no refund :smith:

I deserve this :smith:

Did you email them the dick wulf picture attached to refund request?

Everyone who is requesting a refund should attach that as their reason for the request

See how long it takes them to ex-communicate dick wulf like they did with Smart

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You gotta call them fat assholes in your refund request email or they ignore it I think I read somewhere

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Did you email them the dick wulf picture attached to refund request?

Everyone who is requesting a refund should attach that as their reason for the request

See how long it takes them to ex-communicate dick wulf like they did with Smart

Hahaha like they're going to go out of their way to alienate a guy who's $20k in the hole already and basically a walking insane billboard for them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

All you ladies had to do, was leave me alone to my own devices and this would have died down since July. No, that would be too easy. Instead, you all declared war on the one person who never saw an Internet fight he didn't like.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
yea plus he buys them pizza I wouldn't an alienate some guy who bought me pizza either.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yea plus he buys them pizza I wouldn't an alienate some guy who bought me pizza either.

Especially not if I happen to be :lesnick:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

How offensive was your e-mail to them?
It was perfectly polite. Maybe that was my problem.

"Dear Sandi, I waved at you at Citizen Con. You looked trapped there on that sofa with DickWulf talking to you all night. Right now I am in your position, but trapped financially to your lovely project like you were that night to that Big Backer. Please have pity on me even though I didn't rescue you, I was too drunk."

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
:thumbsup:

It's not your fault /Good Will Hunting

Just be sure to resend it after a week or half a week. And keep resending it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

But in all seriousness, what did you send? So far, it seems you're the only one who has been ignored.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Potato Salad posted:

But in all seriousness, what did you send? So far, it seems you're the only one who has been ignored.

Well, technically I didn't get a reply yet either, but I sent mine like yesterday after getting a quick initial reply, due to having to provide a phone number for my credit card in person, and not certain if that won't affect incoming funds too.

I get the sense Sandi was handling a lot of the poo poo this past weekend...but when the 5 working weekdays roll by, all responses shut the hell down again.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Potato Salad posted:

We have failure to deliver after failure to deliver after failure to deliver. The core functionality of the game -- space ships flying around in space -- is a glitchy, messy experience with a handful of absolutely minimal updates over the course of a year and a half.

Derek Smart is an interesting creature. His lawsuit talk is absolute bullshit, but the actual content of some of his recent ravings have actually been correct. He's called shots multiple times now before CIG's announced them. He's insane, but someone (edit: probably many people) may well be giving him good data.

He's not some Edward Snowden of CIG -- he's more their Julian Assange: an unsufferable, backstabbing rear end in a top hat who happens to have been leaked data in near-realtime several times in the last few months. A hero, but an rear end in a top hat as well. Christ, he posted accurate information about the most recent string of layoffs -- including the iffy one people were running around saying was unsubstantiated regarding the producer who put in two weeks notice after the first two firings last week -- before the end of the workday in California. All has been backed up by CIG itself after the fact. The explosion on Reddit regarding Derek Smart recently? That's a sudden, small, yet important fraction of the /r/starcitizen Redditors reading between the lines and realizing the only way Derek Smart could have posted what he did when he did so would be if he was being told directly.

CIG employees are telling Derek Smart stuff.

wow thanks for the context

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Potato Salad posted:

It has been acknowledged twice but no action basically. Two weeks.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

starry skies above posted:

So all we have to go on is that Derek Smart fellow who absolutely sounds like a cretinous failure?

I haven't put a single cent into Star Citizen but maybe...just maybe...this new hysteria away from the game is equivalent to the nerdy over-enthusiasm of all the backers?

It seems to be the same people who contributed a lot early on and bought ships who are now bailing and making a big fuss.

There's no way to ignore the complete lack of actual progress as it amounts to actual gameplay.

After 3 years the simple lack of a comprehensive plan- for example, how the economy will work is scary enough.

Derek Smart is entertainment, and even more now that it's known Sandi is buying his trolling line and sinker.

Let's not forget the inability to make an FPS map using an FPS engine with those FPS engine designers working for them.

The most damning thing that also exposes the use by CIG to pump out concepts for absurd prices, would be if someone were to graph out the ship sales over time, compared with when a ship was functionally released.

- don't forget the Constellation has been on its 3rd remake since about January.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

If they refuse, make up a sob story and put it on Reddit. Fight fire with fire. There is no morality in this world.

The thing is that they can't refuse.

They offered Derek Smart a refund, and did so outside the TOS they had at the time.

In addition if your account is over 6 months old, you agreed to the TOS that stated if the game was a year late you were entitled to a refund.

But even with that, they opened the refund door. It would be really hard to close it now.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would not back this game just yet.
lol

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
And they officially went on the record in that thread I started this summer, I think, saying: "We've always been okay with refunds, just never to put it officially on our front page (since that might actually induce sobriety in some backers)." So by all means, keep sending refund requests over and over until you get that money back.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

CR posted:

“So I cast it like I did my movies. It’s acted like the movies. We have the full performance capture, we’re pushing the tech as much as possible.”

Cloud Imperium is working with firms such as 3Lateral and Cubic Motion to help bring the single-player campaign to life.

:getin:

And you can be in on some super sweet top notch Wing Commander level acting.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
ZOOOOM!

Bitter Beard fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 1, 2015

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Shala posted:

:getin:

And you can be in on some super sweet top notch Wing Commander level acting.

This a good thing, Wing Commander was a veritable who's who of hot up and coming actors and actresses, such as Freddy Prinze Jr, Matthew Lillard, space bulldozed english black lady, and Saffron Burrows who went on to star in Oscar award nominee Deep Blue Sea.

......God that was such a huge step down from the games.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

It has been acknowledged twice but no action basically. Two weeks.

you're not into them for some absurd amount of money are you?

so far the refunds we've seen have been for fairly small amounts...

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like how they're sinking so much money into the campaign when I'm pretty sure that like 90% of people interested in Star Citizen (the concept, not the reality) don't give a flying gently caress about it. Everyone just wants the PU that will never be a tenth of what is promised. Who gives a poo poo about the loving campaign?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Come back to us Dr. Derek!

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

Come back to us Dr. Derek!

In a body bag.

- Reliable Redditor

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

:captainpop:

This is amazing.

It truly is a great time to be reading about spaceship scams on the internet.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

a veritable who's who of hot up and coming actors and actresses, such as Freddy Prinze Jr,

Are you trying to say this guy can't hack it?

Edit: holy poo poo how do I resize this monster

Degs fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 1, 2015

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
They pulled a Producers on you.

And they're going to do it again, just like the remake.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Gerbil_Pen posted:

In a body bag.

- Reliable Redditor

Each refund increases the odds of his murder by way of Hanzo steel/bat'leth replica.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

edit: because DS is a butt face.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 1, 2015

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Each refund increases the odds of his murder by way of Hanzo steel/bat'leth replica.

What's a bat'leth replica?

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Don't plead nerd ignorance, you know drat well what a Star Trek is.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's not something that can bring you latinum lad, so don't worry about it. Remember, once you have their money, you never give it back.

Speaking of which, about those ships...

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
A DS mention with that link... Good luck anyone who still needs a refund and can be traced from SA to RSI.

poo poo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A fascinating fact about me is I have never seen any Star Trek

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Gerbil_Pen posted:

A DS mention with that link... Good luck anyone who still needs a refund and can be traced from SA to RSI.

poo poo.

They didn't want us in their game to begin with. Please see goon hate in RSI forums.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Gerbil_Pen posted:

poo poo.

Looks like I didn't make the smart choice.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

What do ya'll estimate Mark Hamill wanted for 4 months work?

$5 mil?

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER

peter gabriel posted:

A fascinating fact about me is I have never seen any Star Trek

Recommending DS9, any episode with Weyoun in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

PITT posted:

Recommending DS9, any episode with Weyoun in it.

Sounds good

• Locked thread