Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Gerbil_Pen posted:

A DS mention with that link... Good luck anyone who still needs a refund and can be traced from SA to RSI.

poo poo.

Yeah people discussing the deets of their refund processes before they've got cash in hand seems like a bad idea. Of course that goes for any transaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed Stephen King's Dark Tower series and this thread reminded me of a quote at the end of his last book:

quote:

You are the grim, goal-oriented ones who will not believe that the joy is in the journey rather than the destination no matter how many times it has been proven to you. You are the unfortunate ones who still get the lovemaking all confused with the paltry squirt that comes [at the end] ...

Endings are heartless.

Ending is just another word for goodbye.

Hope SC never ends.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Worth bearing in mind, Derek Smart is the original shitposter. He's gone full retard in the past over criticism for his own lovely games, so even though he's doing God's work right now, be prepared for the day in the not-distant future when he's trying to sue Lowtax over some imaginary debate he had with goons. He will turn on us. It's only a matter of when. Which is liable to be at least as entertaining as his recent crusade, so that's not exactly a bad thing, it's just something to be expecting.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
DERECK SMART DESKTOP COMMANDER

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When I was young I was going to get a swingset for the garden for my birthday but for some reason when we got to the toy shop I changed my mind at the last second and got one of these:

It was a lump of poo poo and I knew it pretty much as soon as I got it home, I didn't want to be ungrateful so I played with the slug shaped pile of crap all summer but looking back I think this is where my deep seated hatred of all things Sci Fi comes from.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

When I was young I was going to get a swingset for the garden for my birthday but for some reason when we got to the toy shop I changed my mind at the last second and got one of these:

It was a lump of poo poo and I knew it pretty much as soon as I got it home, I didn't want to be ungrateful so I played with the slug shaped pile of crap all summer but looking back I think this is where my deep seated hatred of all things Sci Fi comes from.

"Action figures sold separately" is what always pissed me off

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gerbil_Pen posted:

"Action figures sold separately" is what always pissed me off

Fun times all round, it came with lovely stickers and some crapola gas mask things that snapped instantly as well.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jesus loving Christ, Derek, LET OUR GOONS GET REFUNDS BEFORE YOU OPEN THE FAUCET.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

It was for the best, you might have spent your youth thinking Wing Commander was ever good otherwise. That road leads to spending entry level luxury car money on spaceship pictures and sending pictures of your shriveled junk to any female unfortunate enough to cross your path.

I actually paid to see Wing Commander in theaters, a shame I will take with me to the grave.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

It was for the best, you might have spent your youth thinking Wing Commander was ever good otherwise. That road leads to spending entry level luxury car money on spaceship pictures and sending pictures of your shriveled junk to any female unfortunate enough to cross your path.

I actually paid to see Wing Commander in theaters, a shame I will take with me to the grave.

I dodged a bullet probably, I spent the next few summers swinging around like a twat on ropeswings and setting fire to bins and whatnot so I did make up for it

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Potato Salad posted:

Jesus loving Christ, Derek, LET OUR GOONS GET REFUNDS BEFORE YOU OPEN THE FAUCET.

lol if you don't think the brown sea hasn't already peeped all threads and whined to any power that would listen about goons scamming for refunds

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You have been put on probation until 2015-10-07 03:56. You can no longer post on the community forums and public chat channels.

Probated for rules 1, 3 (Posting to get a reaction and general incivility)

:eyepop:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Potato Salad posted:

Don't you have to be a Goon to view the Games forum?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

Fun times all round, it came with lovely stickers and some crapola gas mask things that snapped instantly as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixfITuUqLPk You may find his examination of terrible toys designed to break the spirit of children to be cathartic.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe the pay wall is down right now

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tarranon posted:

Weird. I couldn't access it with my phone's browser.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The pay-wall has been down for quite some time.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Tarranon posted:

Nah just checked. It's back up. Apparently there was a free day or week last week. Redditors were searching the forums for gamergate poo poo because apparently SA started the anti gg poo poo according to them.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well we are safe if the pay wall is up, they'd never throw money at dubious online pursuits so we can rest easy guys

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I can't give up my Aurora. It has sentimental value.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If you get a refund for a ship do you have to email them the jpeg back?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

peter gabriel posted:

You have been put on probation until 2015-10-07 03:56. You can no longer post on the community forums and public chat channels.

Probated for rules 1, 3 (Posting to get a reaction and general incivility)

:eyepop:

Link us the banned post!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Getting pretty hyped for Derek Smart's latest missive The Great Gaming Heist

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Potato Salad posted:

Link us the banned post!

They deleted most and a locked a few threads, it wasn't a time in my life I was proud of but I did upset a lot of people.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

AP posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

The media hopefully have a new crowdfunded darling to lavish attention on.

Does anyone know if :pgi: are in any way going to benefit from the funds raised for Battletech?

PGI licensed their art so the games have a common look, so yes they will profit to some extent from it. Don't think terms are public.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
haha he plans on releasing it the same day as CitizenCon.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Valatar posted:

Worth bearing in mind, Derek Smart is the original shitposter. He's gone full retard in the past over criticism for his own lovely games, so even though he's doing God's work right now, be prepared for the day in the not-distant future when he's trying to sue Lowtax over some imaginary debate he had with goons. He will turn on us. It's only a matter of when. Which is liable to be at least as entertaining as his recent crusade, so that's not exactly a bad thing, it's just something to be expecting.
Hell, he did that two threads ago-- threw a big fit after briefly enjoying a goon hero's welcome. It was comedy gold-- until some folks repeatedly pissed him off by pasting his 'private' Facebook communications in the thread. Then it become comedy platinum and he threw a bitch fit, damned the lot, and left.

For the time being, his big target remains CIG-- and at this point, they really DO deserve more exposure and condemnation. And frankly, given how consistently hilarious he's proven (as both antagonist and target), I can't imagine a more appropriate foil.

(Editing to add: he didn't try to sue Lowtax, he just threw a big hissy fit.)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 1, 2015

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

G0RF posted:

Hell, he did that two threads ago-- threw a big fit after briefly enjoying a goon hero's welcome. It was comedy gold-- until some folks repeatedly pissed him off by pasting his 'private' Facebook communications in the thread. Then it become comedy platinum and he threw a bitch fit, damned the lot, and left.

For the time being, his big target remains CIG-- and at this point, they really DO deserve more exposure and condemnation. And frankly, given how consistently hilarious he's proven (as both antagonist and target), I can't imagine a more appropriate foil.

(Editing to add: he didn't try to sue Lowtax, he just threw a big hissy fit.)

I bet Derek smart reposted that stupid Facebook will own your content unless you post this message. Now he thinks he owns his Facebook content.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

I can't believe I am saying this but I love Derek Smart right now

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Plot twist. Forget the Vanduul. DS is the villain for S42.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

jaegerx posted:

I bet Derek smart reposted that stupid Facebook will own your content unless you post this message. Now he thinks he owns his Facebook content.
yeah-- i just hope he comes back here again and we get version 2.0 of that whole spaztastic minuet. It was so drat hilarious while it lasted. If he wasn't so bloody thin-skinned and cocky, he could've hung around and aired more of his laundered CIG dirt through some sympathetic amplifiers.

Then again, his thin-skinned cockiness is the reason things got so bugnuts with Sandi and Chris so fast... So I guess I can't complain.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009

no_recall posted:

Plot twist. Forget the Vanduul. DS is the villain for S42.

Flying a custom battlecruiser that is "best at all things", I assume?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

I mean he's not wrong.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

peter gabriel posted:

If you get a refund for a ship do you have to email them the jpeg back?

you have 24 hours to delete the jpg like with roms on those old rom sites

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
These JPG's keep coming back on my HDD though

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Battletech just hit $1M.

Looks cool. I guess im finished crowdfunding for a long while. Everytime I see the word "concept" I begin to lose interest.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I wonder how it feels to get ruined by what is possibly the only guy worse at making games than you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Battletech just hit $1M.

Wait I lost track of the thread, Battletech as in Mechwarrior? Someone doing a new game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Wait I lost track of the thread, Battletech as in Mechwarrior? Someone doing a new game?

Mechwarrior = Mech Pilot

Battletech = Universe Mechwarriors exist in.

Battletech Game = Tabletop minature turn based strategygame. (some nerds may argue its RPG but whatever)

• Locked thread