Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

ayn rand hand job posted:

I've seen it on I-93, not Route 3.

I also live off of Route 3 near the Mass-NH border, so I'm on it quite a bit.

Ah I see. I'm way south. I'm in Plymouth and there is a section of 3 down here between like Marshfield and Braintree that has it. Makes sense they have the same setup on the north side of the city too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Clint Bowyer wasn't Smoke's first choice for the 14:

Larson isn't available until 2017. The 14 isn't available until 2017. How is that not workable?

edit: And as far as I know there's no WWE network type thing for nascar. You're pretty much gonna have to use youtube's godawful app.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Larson's contract runs through '17

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Peanut President posted:

edit: And as far as I know there's no WWE network type thing for nascar. You're pretty much gonna have to use youtube's godawful app.

Turns out you don't even get RAW on the WWE network. I guess MLB.tv is the closest analogue to what I'm looking for. Come on NASCAR pave the way with this poo poo!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
I am more confused why ARCA doesn't live-stream races that aren't broadcast. I mean, why not? There shouldn't be any contractual barriers, right?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Harveygod posted:

I am more confused why ARCA doesn't live-stream races that aren't broadcast. I mean, why not? There shouldn't be any contractual barriers, right?

They're trying to find a PPV model that works so that they don't lose their rear end

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah gently caress paying $10 to watch an ARCA race on the internet.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ugh, this is one of the worst things I've watched as a fan but goddamn Tony makes me laugh and helps me hold it together

e- per Tony: Smoke drives second Haas F1 car, Harry Gant jumps in the 14 for 2017

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 30, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jeff is leaving, now Tony, Matt Kenseth not long after, JJ and Junior are getting up there too... drat. All the guys that help define an era will probably be out in a few years.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Tony confirms he's retiring from Cup, not racing. Awesome!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Specifically calls out the fact that he's sad he can't race in the last big block race at Syracuse this year. I'm gonna see that motherfucker run a mod at Eastern States in 2 years, ain't I?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

Eric Smith ‏@Eric_RaceReview 14m14 minutes ago
Stewart also says contemplated retiring after this season but saw what it meant to Gordon's fans for 1 last year so decided on 2016

Interesting bit there.

Smoke is also retiring from Cup only and will continue racing, using Modified companion events as a possible place to play.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Just got a mobile alert that Bowyer is taking over for Tony in 2017.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

e- Tony says he can still "nut it up". :allears:

shyduck posted:

Jeff is leaving, now Tony, Matt Kenseth not long after, JJ and Junior are getting up there too... drat. All the guys that help define an era will probably be out in a few years.

Harvick is also in his 40s.

Speaking of, Harvick has apparently known this was coming for a while and has struggled a bit with it: https://instagram.com/p/8Q2F8exkGg/

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 30, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Clint: You know when you fall in a pile of cow manure, and come up smelling like a rose? That's EXACTLY what happened to me.

Quote of the day.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

Larson's contract runs through '17

Oh, rip.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

Clint: You know when you fall in a pile of cow manure, and come up smelling like a rose? That's EXACTLY what happened to me.

Quote of the day.

He's done this a few times.

quote:

Jim Utter ‏@jim_utter 59m59 minutes ago
Smoke has not ruled out running #NASCAR Trucks and Xfinity (including possibly Eldora)

I'll allow it. Put him in Norm's truck for Eldora if Gordon isn't going to do it. :getin:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 30, 2015

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Why is Smoke retiring, he was killing it out there?!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Smoke's "retirement" is going to be racing every loving type of car/series under the sun and then working his big rear end tractor at Eldora during his rare off-weeks. The best retirement.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Why is Smoke retiring, he was killing it out there?!

Sprint cup not sprint cars. Common mistake.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
He can go back to Australia to answer for his crimes

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If neither of them win another, both Stewart and Gordon's last wins will have been at Dover.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Smoke's "retirement" is going to be racing every loving type of car/series under the sun and then working his big rear end tractor at Eldora during his rare off-weeks. The best retirement.

He's basically going to be the new Ken Schrader except with more thumbs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

He's basically going to be the new Ken Schrader except with more thumbs.

Yeah, but only half a thumb more.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, but only half a thumb more.

Hey, more is more. Now can we get that inside NASCAR show back that used to be on SPEED with Despain, Mikey and Schrader and have it be Despain, Smoke and Schrader? I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

Hey, more is more. Now can we get that inside NASCAR show back that used to be on SPEED with Despain, Mikey and Schrader and have it be Despain, Smoke and Schrader? I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

That would be nice, but we can't have nice things. Here's this instead:

https://youtu.be/jUdJMh7Bb7I?t=3m4s

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So, is this race going to get rained the gently caress out?

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

Specifically calls out the fact that he's sad he can't race in the last big block race at Syracuse this year. I'm gonna see that motherfucker run a mod at Eastern States in 2 years, ain't I?

I was giving some thoughts to going back for this race, but I don't think the timing is going to work. It's drat shame, but in my life away from this forum and racing I'm an city planner and I have high hopes for what they can do for the Fairgrounds.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

If neither of them win another, both Stewart and Gordon's last wins will have been at Dover.

Derrike Cope too.

edit: Kyle Petty, Kenny Schrader, Jody Ridley. Quite a list.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 1, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I blame Jimmie Johnson.

edit: so it appears as if the current storm track holds, Sunday will probably be a washout as well as Monday. Bear in mind too that Dover doesn't have lights. I'm gonna guess Tuesday, which in that case I'll try and snag some dirt cheap tickets and play hookie for a day

edit2:

Keep in mind that this only represents the probability of where the center of the storm can be at those given intervals. So depending on how expansive the rain bands push north, they might be alright, but it's gonna be close. The storm potentially making landfall in NC might help. Also fun fact, the northeast quadrant of tropical storms/hurricanes typically have the most wind and rain.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 1, 2015

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

I'm just excited that Clint Bowyer's going to join a "who's that?" list of drivers who inherited rides of retired or deceased past champions including Rick Wilson (Richard Petty), Larry Pearson (David Pearson), Mike Alexander (Bobby Allison), Todd Bodine (Darrell Waltrip), Chad Little (Benny Parsons), Jimmy Hensley (Alan Kulwicki), and Kasey Kahne (Bill Elliott).

Of course, on the flipside, there's Kevin Harvick (Earnhardt), Kurt Busch (Rusty), Dale Jarrett (Yarborough), and jury's out on Chase.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

LASTCAR posted:

I'm just excited that Clint Bowyer's going to join a "who's that?" list of drivers who inherited rides of retired or deceased past champions including Rick Wilson (Richard Petty), Larry Pearson (David Pearson), Mike Alexander (Bobby Allison), Todd Bodine (Darrell Waltrip), Chad Little (Benny Parsons), Jimmy Hensley (Alan Kulwicki), and Kasey Kahne (Bill Elliott).

Of course, on the flipside, there's Kevin Harvick (Earnhardt), Kurt Busch (Rusty), Dale Jarrett (Yarborough), and jury's out on Chase.

I think Bowyer is more category 2 than category 1.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

"Hazardous conditions can occur outside the cone" would be a great band name.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Current track as of 11am ET is looking better. It's taking the storm further east.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

mischief posted:

"Hazardous conditions can occur outside the cone" would be a great band name.

Too long, I think. Better as an album name.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Muddy Burphy posted:

I think Bowyer is more category 2 than category 1.

Well category 2, Harvick, Ku Bu and Jarrett, are all champions. Bowyer has 8 wins. Not really championship caliber. Kahne has twice as many wins at 17 if that puts it in perspective at all.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

bigbillystyle posted:

Not really championship caliber.

Reminder that under the current playoff Homestead alone determines the championship.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Also under the current format, Harvick (who has arguably been the best team all season) will finish no better than 13th in points. Unless some miracle this weekend of course. Seems like a fair system.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Also under the current format, Harvick (who has arguably been the best team all season) will finish no better than 13th in points. Unless some miracle this weekend of course. Seems like a fair system.

Actually Logano is 22 points ahead of Harvick in non-chase standings, so not that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Modifieds from NHMS on NBCSN right now.

e- Coby wrecked the field on the last lap. :ramsay:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 2, 2015

• Locked thread