Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Karl_Ramseier posted:

As I said before the only spaceship pictures I own are gifted. I am 0$ in SC. And my comments regarding Sandi are about DS dragging her kid(s) into it. I am a father of a two year old girl and if this shithead would drag my family into a fight about a stupid video game I would make sure he regrets it.

I learned about the SA forums some weeks ago from Cpt. Underpants, registered and waited because I had the impression you guys don't like new people that much. And the whole accusing people of sexual harassment thing seemed not right to me (even with this picture I would be careful with something like that). Then I thought a gently caress it, they are funny and let's try to find out more about what goons are like. End of story.
I'm sorry these guys are giving you a hard time, I hope you don't get the wrong impression about goons. You should drop by FYAD and introduce yourself, they're much warmer to newbies than these assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
karl, what are your tips for making babby. i want this power you have

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

I'm sorry these guys are giving you a hard time, I hope you don't get the wrong impression about goons. You should drop by FYAD and introduce yourself, they're much warmer to newbies than these assholes.
the post in feeyad meme :cheerdoge:

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I am a father of a two year old girl

~no one cares~

edit: except Seraph

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Do you have tips on how you trained it to be the glorious 2 year old meat sack that it is?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

As I said before the only spaceship pictures I own are gifted. I am 0$ in SC. And my comments regarding Sandi are about DS dragging her kid(s) into it. I am a father of a two year old girl and if this shithead would drag my family into a fight about a stupid video game I would make sure he regrets it.

You are right of course. How dare people look at pictures on IMDB, don't they have any respect for the privacy of the (child)actors? It's not like they explicitly post pictures to that site to get as much exposure as possible!

If you care so much for the children, maybe you should question why Sandi is pushing her daughter's acting "career" so much? Maybe she is trying to compensate for her own shortcomings and regrets that her biggest success was seducing CR?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCq8XDgrP0

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lol she had a child with Chris Roberts? how can she stand that dude's speech impediment and spergy hand movements whenever he opens his flabby lips?

SC really doesn't stop giving!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Man this poo poo plays out in all the other threads all the time, can we just skip ahead to the good, funny posts for once? It is Rocktober 1st, let's loving start this poo poo fresh!

Please leave the man who paid actual dollars for pretend ships alone, or in his case, the guy who paid no dollars for no ships but is Weighing In Anyway. Let's get back to the 300 or so people who sank $900 back on to an already sinking ship.

Edit: Or Bio-dome or whatever.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I learned about the SA forums some weeks ago from Cpt. Underpants, registered and waited because I had the impression you guys don't like new people that much. And the whole accusing people of sexual harassment thing seemed not right to me (even with this picture I would be careful with something like that). Then I thought a gently caress it, they are funny and let's try to find out more about what goons are like. End of story.

It's 7:15 in the morning and I do not have time to read a cultists bullshit post. BUT I WILL.

Seriously are you gonna go beat him up?

You should probably wait some more before posting. 70 to 90 years should about do it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Even Darkpriest667 layin' on the the :iceburn:

Even the spergiest sperg has to know when he's lost the fight. See you at the 'nurse.

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Darkpriest667 posted:

It's 7:15 in the morning and I do not have time to read a cultists bullshit post. BUT I WILL.

You should probably wait some more before posting. 70 to 90 years should about do it.

:chloe:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Darkpriest667 posted:

:eyepop:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Darkpriest667 posted:

this is a little better, we already getting out of the ditch. Try rocking it between first and reverse a couple times.

I am glad people are getting their money back, or at least some of it back. :unsmith:

Edit: wait, Peter Gabriel is awake, shove over and let him behind this thread's wheel, he will get us out in no time.

I got a buddy with a pick up if we need it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im playing a game on one half of my smart phone screen and reading sick burns on the other. all while pooping. truly humanity has arrived

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I am a father of a two year old girl and if this shithead would drag my family into a fight about a stupid video game I would make sure he regrets it.

You do realize that one of the first videos released by CIG features Sandi, their kids, and even the family dog right?

The whole reason this is even a thing is because CIG inexplicably continues to avoid letting their marriage be known. It wouldn't be an attack vector for DS if it was public knowledge, and TBH it makes sense to have the woman with the MBA run the business side of things when your team is only ten people or whatever. Hell even admitting it now wouldn't do much besides remove ammo from DS.

Instead CIG continues to take the worst possible option. Sandi "finds" her transcripts as if posting a sheet of paper on Twitter will sway anyone. When a publicly available IMDB account with her kid is found rather than say "Yeah she's my kid and super talented, so what?" they delete the pics. She continues to make the issue about her and looks the worse for it.

poo poo like this is only a big deal when they let it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Literally Kermit posted:

I am glad people are getting their money back, or at least some of it back. :unsmith:

same

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

If I'd been dumb enough to buy into this obvious scam, I'd get the refund and donate it to charity.

That seems like a really good refund request actually.

"Inquisitor Croberts demands to know why you wish to forsake entry to the promised lands!"
"Because the Syrian situation is really hosed, and my money could be doing good rather than languishing in jpegs of things I'm not sure I'll ever see or need."

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

Agrajag posted:

lol what the gently caress is this internet tough guy posting poo poo? what are you going to loving do about it? scream at your monitor and lecture him about leaving your family out of it? hahah what the hell. heres a clue nobody gives a gently caress.

hey, hey, do you also threaten to fight people over the internet? or maybe you threaten them with the infamous cease and desist letters because of your precious?

The most funny thing about this comment is, that one member of the biggest groups of internet warriors are accusing other people to be internet warriors.

To the what are you going to do part: It depends on what he does.
At least here in Germany the internet is not a lawless space any more.
Since some month now, a great bunch of assholes paid substantial amounts of money after being sued. Mostly just for one or two comments on FB.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Shut the gently caress up, Karl "literally a worse poster than Darkpriest667" underscore Ramseier.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Karl_Ramseier posted:

The most funny thing about this comment is, that one member of the biggest groups of internet warriors are accusing other people to be internet warriors.

hahaha what the gently caress is this poo poo? also good thing i dont live in nazi germany then. wouldn't want you to call the gestapo on me!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Join 4 forum!!!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Xaerael posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Karl "literally a worse poster than Darkpriest667" underscore Ramseier.

Whoa whoa whoa let's not throw around things like "Worse poster than Darkpriest667" lightly.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Karl_Ramseier posted:

To the what are you going to do part: It depends on what he does.
At least here in Germany the internet is not a lawless space any more.
Since some month now, a great bunch of assholes paid substantial amounts of money after being sued. Mostly just for one or two comments on FB.

I wonder how much DickWulf could be sued for for his sexual harassment? Which you apparently don't believe happened because hurf durf how could someone who's that much of a fuckup be a stereotypical internet shitbag

Also no-one attacking Robots' kid, literally just pointed to the existence of her as proof that Sandi and Robots have a relationship

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You do realize that one of the first videos released by CIG features Sandi, their kids, and even the family dog right?

The whole reason this is even a thing is because CIG inexplicably continues to avoid letting their marriage be known. It wouldn't be an attack vector for DS if it was public knowledge, and TBH it makes sense to have the woman with the MBA run the business side of things when your team is only ten people or whatever. Hell even admitting it now wouldn't do much besides remove ammo from DS.

Instead CIG continues to take the worst possible option. Sandi "finds" her transcripts as if posting a sheet of paper on Twitter will sway anyone. When a publicly available IMDB account with her kid is found rather than say "Yeah she's my kid and super talented, so what?" they delete the pics. She continues to make the issue about her and looks the worse for it.

even the poor dog was not saved

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Thirsty Dog posted:

I wonder how much DickWulf could be sued for for his sexual harassment? Which you apparently don't believe happened because hurf durf how could someone who's that much of a fuckup be a stereotypical internet shitbag

His bathroom is red, idiote.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm going to give Chris Robots' kid a wedgie I tell you what

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
can anyone confirm/deny that Kevin Sorbo will be announced at CitizenCon? The answer has a direct effect on my families finances so please let me know as soon as possible tia.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Darkpriest667 posted:

You edited out the good part of your lovely post:

quote:

Seriously are you gonna go beat him up? Screw you and your kid. Also I live in Fort Worth so any time tough guy. The guy in the picture is me and if THAT guy isn't afraid of you I'm pretty sure Derek Smart won't be.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
the spawn of Roberts is truly terrifying

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. Just count the T-shirts and polo shirts they sold. You would be surprised.
Ha!

The Merchandising operation of CiG is an open joke and if you think they're reaping heap big revenues and/profits from it, you are seriously deluded, mate.

Their low regard and mismanagement of merchandising is a repeated punchline by Lesnick and others on "Reverse the Verse" and elsewhere, where you can hear him say things like "we are selling 'new' old stuff that our guy in the factory found hidden behind some boxes last week!"

They make and SHIP most everything they sell (which isn't very much) from China. This means deliveries can take 4-8 weeks per order, with very low visibility into delivery status after an order leaves their 'factory' in China. This is but one way they are killing demand. (And unnecessarily increasing support ticket volume.)

Fans have taken to getting their own merch made-- posters, tshirts, etc.-- because CIG sucks so badly at making and selling their wares. And- rather than professionalizing their ops and protecting their Intellectual Property and Brand Assets, CIG just shrugs it off. That's demand destruction, too, mate.

They are so lousy at anticipating demand (also a source of jokes by Sandi and others) that they now take pre-orders for upcoming items for months before shipping, so as to save them from the frustrations of overbuying merch and having stacks of surplus, low demand crap "end up behind boxes of other crap in their factory."

These pre-order delays introduce even more frictions and retard sales conversions. Yet they tell us a lot; most importantly, that there isn't so much demand for merch that CIG can count on sell through of initials orders for shirts, mouse pads, and the rest.

From backer polls and data, their biggest backer markets are North America (more than half), Germany (10-15%?), and Australia (less than 10?) Common sense would dictate they centralize their merchandise in the US. By doing so they would delivery the majority of merch orders in less than a week after ordering, while giving useful tracking info immediately after shipment (a la Amazon). That would reduce friction enormously- and increase the probability of repeated purchases from even more casual fans. But common sense and CIG are not on speaking terms.

P.S. Their mousepads are wider than some desks.

TL:DR
Merchandise is no better managed than any other part of CIG's business. What proves simple for even pissant indie devs has proven difficult for the biggest crowdfunding success in history. It's a joke to CIG and they admit it. What Chris is to virtual spaceships, Sandi is to physical goods-- eager to take your money while utterly disinterested in rewarding your loyalty.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Decrepus posted:

His bathroom is red, idiote.

This is the most startling thing to come out of this whole thing to me, it's got to be like taking a poo poo in a murder scene

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I bet they've sold more fabric per T Shirt than any other company in history though

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are half right. I also don't understand this charade.

But like many things "Doxing" is an action that is context based. Your intention counts.:

quote:

Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents),[1] or doxxing,[2][3] is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.[3][4][5][6]

The methods employed to acquire this information [b]include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook)[b], hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to internet vigilantism and hacktivism.

Doxing may be carried out for various reasons, including to aid law enforcement, business analysis, extortion, coercion, [b]harassment[b], online shaming and vigilante justice.[7][8]

The same counts for cyberstalking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking

But in the end it all depends what Sandi and Chris are making out of it.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
This thread :circlefap:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Let's hope everyone can stay calm long enough not to sue each other

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
alright fess up who's stalking whom here? i know its one of you losers doing something!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You are half right. I also don't understand this charade.

But like many things "Doxing" is an action that is context based. Your intention counts.:

The same counts for cyberstalking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking

But in the end it all depends what Sandi and Chris are making out of it.

Sandi and crobots "Doxxed" themselves when they said "Hey, we're married!". Some CIG drone also "doxxed" them when he said "Oh hey, here's crobot's wife, Sandi!"

The "doxxing" only started when crobots and Sandi started denying their marriage and people went "heeeeyyyyy, but you guys said...."

Oh my loving god. Shut the gently caress up. You're an idiot. Shut up. Really. Shut. Up. Now. Shutup. Shh. Be quite. Silence. Shut up. Stop posting. Shut up. Idiot, you are. Shh. Shut up.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

I bet they've sold more fabric per T Shirt than any other company in history though
:roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
It's me. I am the doxxer.

• Locked thread