Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

How is Sandi married to that guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

So it's good then? I'll pick it up when I get home since it's so cheap.

It looks a little rough, and the menu system is gonna confuse the gently caress out of you at first because it's extremely cluttered.. but yeah it's fun as gently caress. Every weapon and craft is customizable. Servers are 64 players. I didn't notice much lag.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Skoll posted:

So I just played a game of Angels Fall First. I was helming a Battleship, that had like 30 other players in it who were running around it fixing battle damage, or manning turrets, or flying out of it in Interceptors.

Anyway it was the middle of a giant gently caress off battle, I had no idea what I was doing, explosions and klaxons were going off everywhere. I rammed another battleship and we won.
That sounds great, like a space based Guns of Icarus. How hard was it to find a game and get playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=625_eECEw4A
Man, gently caress Battlefront 3

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 1, 2015

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sandi posted:

It was also alleged that Roberts' wife and Cloud Imperium Games Vice President of Marketing Sandi Gardiner enforced discriminatory hiring practices. CS1 reported that they were instructed to, first, check the education field on a prospective employee's resume. If too much time had passed, Gardiner reportedly informed people not to hire them, because "they may be over 40, which makes them a protected class and harder to fire." It was also claimed that Gardiner used race as a determining factor in selecting employees, allegedly once saying "We aren't hiring her. We aren't hiring a black girl."

Well drat I thought for sure that part of the Glassdoor reviews was fake because nobody is going to open themselves up to lawsuits like that. Chris, you need to fire that woman or prepare to spend the next two years losing court cases.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Seems pretty good so far. Jumped into a fighter, instantly plowed into some other nerd. Guess im doing well

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Reddit's response to the Escapist Article is predictable but still really funny.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

How will :btroll: and co spin this?

"former staff members who still bear a grudge and will slander us at any opportunity"

"fabrications by disgraced employees who want the spotlight"

"theyre just jealous they were fired and can't be part of history"

"author of article is a collaborator with Derek Smart"

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tippis posted:

I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse… :eng99:

One thing's for sure - it makes Derek Smart the TRIPLE perfect person to be their nemesis, because not even CR's arrogance can match his lol.

(the double perfect reason is because he's a massive hypocrite too).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh my god, the stuff about Sandi in that article...

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Agrajag posted:

I think I smell a true believer.

Who, Scott Manley? He's really cool, actually.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Oh boy

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

KiddieGrinder posted:

How will :btroll: and co spin this?

"former staff members who still bear a grudge and will slander us at any opportunity"

"fabrications by disgraced employees who want the spotlight"

"theyre just jealous they were fired and can't be part of history"

"author of article is a collaborator with Derek Smart"

you need not to go far just read the spergs comments here --> http://bit.ly/1JGDSxA

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

CLAM DOWN posted:

Ahahahahahahahah oh man...seriously...holy poo poo...

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Safetyland posted:

How is Sandi married to that guy?

spergs with the same feather gently caress together

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

DS smells the blood !

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Article posted:

CS7 indicated that Cloud Imperium Games Montreal entered into a joint venture partnership with Turbulent to continue to develop and sell the crowdfunding platform that was built for Star Citizen to other companies - and that backer money was being used for this project. HEAP C3MS is described as "the first platform to combine content, community, and commerce within one integrated platform," and was used for the design of the RSI website.

"We thank Cloud Imperium Games for taking a risk with us and for contributing conceptually and commercially..."
-Turbulent
After Star Citizen's crowdfunding campaign was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as the "Most Crowdfunded Project (Overall)," Turbulent released a statement on their website. In this statement Marc Beaudet, CEO of Turbulent, wrote "We thank Cloud Imperium Games for taking a risk with us and for contributing conceptually and commercially to making HEAP C3MS fantastic for content monetization."

Oh good we crowdfunded a crowdfunding engine that is now being sold.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Quite the article.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

"She would write emails with so much profanity. She would call people stupid, retard, human being. Accuse men of not having balls. And she was incredibly hostile to other female employees," CS4 stated. "Sandi is very jealous. She has to be the queen bee at the company. Whenever I was around her, I felt like I was in the presence of a cobra who, at that moment, might not have been inclined to strike but was completely willing to. You don't get on her bad side," CS3 added. "There were two things you were told, when you were hired. One, you don't talk about [Roberts and Gardiner] being married, to anyone. Ever. And two, you don't make Sandi mad."

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

EminusSleepus posted:

you need not to go far just read the spergs comments here --> http://bit.ly/1JGDSxA

Wow, you're right. The first one is especially nice:

:irony:

Unless of course the guys real name is "Gaz Instone".

edit: actually I'm not sure if I get the guys comment, I can't quite parse it.

edit 2: I guess Gaz is a sort of common eastern European name? Learn something new every day, but the guy still is a dick for white knighting CIG.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 1, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

DS smells the blood !

Dsmart please post here again I love you

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If FBI confiscate all the jay-pegs, will they auction them as they did with bitcoins?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nice
niiiiicccceee

quote:

"The thing I noticed when I started was that we were making commercials. We weren't making a game," CS2 said. "It was all about what was on the screen behind [Roberts] during the presentation."

"A lot of people would be like "Where's the game? When is this going to turn into a game?" CS3 added. "It was all about making pretty spaceships and brochures and commercials and hiring big name Hollywood actors to do voice-overs for the commercials. We were never working on a game."

worked like a charm

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

http://www.escapistmagazine.com posted:

There was a grim and near-universal feeling of guilt that almost all of the people who spoke out shared. "You have to ask 'at what point are you taking advantage of someone?' There's a certain responsibility," CS3 said in regards to the backers who have contributed large sums of money. "Like, I felt like we should have gone to their homes and made sure their kids were eating and dressed. It starts to feel like a gambling addiction after a certain point. It was hard not to feel guilty."

Let's not even get into the eventual suicides.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

quote:

It was also claimed that Gardiner used race as a determining factor in selecting employees, allegedly once saying "We aren't hiring her. We aren't hiring a black girl.

:eyepop:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

All of this might be written in the voice of the escapist article but they are the exact words of derek smart.

This is how religious zealots talk about works of Satan

Truga
May 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lipstick Apathy
Ok after reading a bit of that, which one of you guys posted that bit of news? :v:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

quote:

"Games are made like houses. You want to make the foundation first and the wallpaper last. With Chris Roberts, everything is the wallpaper," CS2 added. "I think there will be a game. But it will be a shell of what was promised."

drat right!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You know if that article is true it should be funny but honestly I am just a bit disgusted

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

Ok after reading a bit of that, which one of you guys posted that bit of news? :v:

better doxx them for the cause

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

You know if that article is true it should be funny but honestly I am just a bit disgusted

wtf? if its true?

lol how many ships do you still have

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sarsapariller posted:

Oh good we crowdfunded a crowdfunding engine that is now being sold.

Something something crowdception. :nallears:

CLAM DOWN posted:

SC is a wonderful nightmare. Every time you think “wow, now we really have strayed into hyperbole”, something comes out that makes the old seem entirely sensible in comparison.

I made a glib comparison with Enron in the old thread but at this point it's really getting eerily similar, in terms of style and attitude if not in terms of scope. :suspense:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen: Everything is the wallpaper

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"She was the queen bee. It was like being around a cobra," sounds like something Zapp Brannigan would say.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

wtf? if its true?

lol how many ships do you still have

I have one, whatever heap of poo poo came with the game.

I dunno, it's just a lovely thing those guys put up with if it's true, that's all

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I have one, whatever heap of poo poo came with the game.

I dunno, it's just a lovely thing those guys put up with if it's true, that's all

whats your favorite flavor of kool aid

oh its chris' favorite

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

whats your favorite flavor of kool aid

oh its chris' favorite

I don't understand

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Our avatars look great together though :v:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Amazing article. I love how every time CIG manages to start stabilizing a bit, someone just slams another torpedo into their slowly sinking ship.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I remember a more innocent time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcp06Sdwe8

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Who are these people that keep putting a million per month into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Skoll posted:

So I just played a game of Angels Fall First. I was helming a Battleship, that had like 30 other players in it who were running around it fixing battle damage, or manning turrets, or flying out of it in Interceptors.

Anyway it was the middle of a giant gently caress off battle, I had no idea what I was doing, explosions and klaxons were going off everywhere. I rammed another battleship and we won.

That actually sounds incredibly dope and like everything Star Citizen overpromised.

• Locked thread