Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

peter gabriel posted:

well i am now past the point of being interested in what's true or not and now I am just going to enjoy the ensuing slapfest

Same. gently caress it, I know enough about SC now, bring on the shitstorms.

Hold me, Peter Gabriel. Even as the world quakes apart around us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Amazing, this is the best. So it begins.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Literally Kermit posted:

Same. gently caress it, I know enough about SC now, bring on the shitstorms.

Hold me, Peter Gabriel. Even as the world quakes apart around us

Here take this jpeg of a safe place it will keep you safe

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Chris Roberts posted:

In an effort to be complete and also answer the talking points you sent David here are my responses;

Hahaha holy poo poo this letter just keeps getting better.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Madcosby posted:

Chris' response is to call the Escapist another D Smart mouth, then to try to diminish D Smart, then try to call the escapist author a gamergater (I dont know what that means)

It is so hilariously dumb to call any escapist author a gamergater. They were so completely on the SJW side of things that it just shows how little CR knows.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

peter gabriel posted:

Here take this jpeg of a safe place it will keep you safe

Sweet how much do I owe you

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

Amazing, this is the best. So it begins.

Look at my feet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j9x_vPefn8

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

chris what are you doing lol

literally chasing dsmart down the metaphorical gamergate hole. this can't real

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
That's some email from Croberts. :stare:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I really love the cognitive dissonance of Croberts and fans saying "This has to be written by DS because its exactly what DS has been saying!" and not seeing the more obvious explanation that the employees who talked to DS were the same sources for the escapist interview and glassdoor reviews.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Messiah Roberts:

quote:

I would like to point out that ever since I got your email from David I have been working on this response. I worked on this until 5am last night, and a couple more hours this morning in the UK, where I am currently am in preparation for CitizenCon in a week from Saturday. Conservatively it’s taken me about eight hours to write. This is time I could have spent working on the game instead of dealing with a Derek Smart instigated drama. And this is really what annoys me – that his silly rantings occasionally gain traction and pull me away from the very thing I prefer to do and the very thing everyone wants me to do and the very thing Derek Smart accuses me of not doing – FINISHING THE GAME!

DS is the one ruining the game not me

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Star Citizen: There Is Always More And It Is Always Worse

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

It gets me every single time when Chris is referred to as the Chairman. I'm surprised he will not go the extra mile and use "Emperor".

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
His collection of "insane things D_Smart has said" is pretty great though.

quote:

We are not afraid of Derek Smart. We have nothing to hide and are very confident in our ability to defend ourselves against anything he may try to bring. But my bet is he won’t – he’s full of hyperbole. He claims he’s made over $200M in royalties from his games as recently as a week ago (I don’t think I have to go into why this is a complete lie). He also says frequently that he’s worth over $100M, or that he has two PhDs, or that back in July he was taking out a full page ad in The New York Times to expose us.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
This has gone far beyond :munch: -- we're in spacemunch territory now

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
CR finally admits that Sandi is his wife

quote:

This is directed at a self-avowed feminist. Meantime, Bandit@istheguy is the very same person who started attacking Star Citizen on the day before your reporter wrote her article, tweeting about two people we parted ways with, then following up by retweeting the Escapist article and people who mentioned it…and then finally ending up by doxing myself, my wife and one of my daughters with this sequence of tweets.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Wow.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

wow CR is MAD. Also he just goes on the offense right away and doesn't offer any sort of proof against the accusations which he can easily provide. I think it's over. Even the people holding onto their $30 ships, it's over.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I love the personal attacks on DS and the Escapist reporter

that feminist slut and her filthy video game making accomplice

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Zmej posted:

chris what are you doing lol

literally chasing dsmart down the metaphorical gamergate hole. this can't real

Among all the accusations levelled against crandi, engaging in good crisis management and providing level-headed responses are not part of it.

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

I like it and even though it calls itself a jpeg, I will not pay for it. Yoink.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 1, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Today has been :perfect:. And it's only 1:42.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

Ohhhhh shiiiiit broooohhhhhhh

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

GaussianCopula posted:

Oh loving boy. There's nothing like a liar slipping up.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

3/4ths of the way through CR's response and he still hasn't refuted any of the provable allegations, like them funding Turbulent's project.

Edit: Oh wait here it is.

"The Chairman posted:

CR: The opposite is true. CIG benefited from pre-existing software that Turbulent had developed. Our JV with them allowed us access to cheaper rates and bound an important part of Star Citizen closer to CIG, which are both beneficial to CIG and the backers. Per our agreement Turbulent is of course free to offer their technology to other customers.

So they had a crowdfunding platform sitting around?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
this is way better than the iphone 6s keynote

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Whoa, did smart really threaten to sue when wing commander 1 came out? That is hilarious and in keeping with Derek smart

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

It's beautiful... Should have sent a poet

And some raisinettes or juju-bees

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

My unsellable and unrefunable ship is worth keeping with all the drama!

It is better than wrestlemania!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sarsapariller posted:

3/4ths of the way through CR's response and he still hasn't refuted any of the provable allegations, like them funding Turbulent's project.

I didn't read the rambling poo poo that CR probably typed with shaking fists and grinding his teeth in rage, but it does come off pretty petty and full of ad hominem bullshit, instead of any actual substantial proof that they are in fact lies.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

The question I have: now that we have confirmation from the Chairman Messiah himself that Sandi is his wife, will he explain why he always wears a wedding band but she never does?

Any guesses?

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
More from CR on how great his wife Sandi is

quote:

He constantly attacks Sandi Gardiner, accusing her of having no qualifications, or experience, that she had other people do her work for her and only has the Marketing position because she is my wife. That is incredibly ironic considering we are the most crowd funded project in history, that she wrote the marketing plan, and single handedly executed it when we were a tiny team – even today she’s the only dedicated marketing person at the company, for a game that has raised almost $90M for its development solely through viral marketing, word of mouth and PR. If you were going to criticize Star Citizen you certainly can fault us for taking longer than everyone wants, which would fall on the development side of the company but not marketing! The icing on the cake is that she has five degrees and speaks five languages, which I am willing to bet makes her a lot more qualified than Derek Smart is!

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo

Madcosby posted:

I love the personal attacks on DS and the Escapist reporter

that feminist slut and her filthy video game making accomplice

The sad thing about this is that this outcome was so predictable that i wanted star citizen to really blow everyone's loving minds with how great it was.

didn't want it enough to back it but still

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

I don't even know what is real anymore. Glad I got my refund handled though.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

This has been one amazing ride.

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo

GaussianCopula posted:

More from CR on how great his wife Sandi is

Five languages, so she can call you names in ways you can't understand

Finncognito
Aug 12, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

It is so hilariously dumb to call any escapist author a gamergater. They were so completely on the SJW side of things that it just shows how little CR knows.

She and a few other gamergaters were hired after Escapist sacked the people friendly towards the "SJW" side.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'll CP the whole thing; I'm sure there's easier ways to do this but I'm a newb at this sort of thing, so bear with me.

I just assume if CR has any sort of competent HR team (lol) that they'll take the response down since it's basically just a slap fest between him and alleged no-conern Derek Smart

• Locked thread