Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Basically CR says that DSmart is using his connections to the GamerGate community to wage a shadow war against CR and Star Citizen because Derek Smart is a jelly loser that probably has a small dick.

Yep, that's the response of the CEO of a >90 million Dollar company.

Regardless of any other truths, this is probably true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Adventure Pigeon posted:

"Hmmm... how do I calm the agitated masses and restore dignity to my game in this time of trouble"

*begins to type out the word 'Gamergate'*

lol

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:awesome:

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

lol they are closing each thread that mentions the response

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Madcosby posted:

CR shouldve let Harry Truman write his response

Hume - Chicago Tribune Opera Critic
Maraget - Truman's daughter
Pegeler - Truman critic

Nuclear launch detected.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Nalin posted:

Turbulent most likely had a CMS/storefront software package that CIG licensed very cheaply on the condition that any customizations that Turbulent made for CIG could be integrated back into the core product.

Turbulent posted:

“We thank Cloud Imperium Games for taking a risk with us and for contributing conceptually and commercially to making HEAP C3MS fantastic for content monetization,” said Marc Beaudet, CEO of Turbulent.

About HEAP C3MS
HEAP C3MS, Turbulent’s technology, is the first platform that combines content, community and commerce within one integrated platform. The HEAP program has advanced publishing, participation, sharing, gamification, recommendation, customer service and commerce features. HEAP C3MS was designed to be used quickly with a simple interface, incorporating the industry’s best practices and solutions.
http://turbulent.ca/news/1-Star-Cit...Project-Overall

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

He says "Derek Smart" 20 times in his response. Holy poo poo.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

Adventure Pigeon posted:

"Hmmm... how do I calm the agitated masses and restore dignity to my game in this time of trouble"

*begins to type out the word 'Gamergate'*

Quoting this so hard,

Anyone have a list of the people who quit/forced out from CIG Austin since last week? Some Shitizens are asking me

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

And it is now connected at the hip to gamergate. You can't make this poo poo up.

Edit: gamergate not gamersgate

Please do not poo poo up the amazingly awesome star citizen thread with any posts about gamergate

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress, everyone involved in this whole thing is just terrible. Between the devs, their fans, their detractors, the journalists pursuing this and all of us watching from the sidelines there is not a single decent human being.

You can't really blame the journalists going after this. This is an amazing story of the biggest crowded funded game in history blowing up and how all the money was wasted because of one mans pride.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJU00VzJ3LE

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

They link that poo poo on their game launcher, for everyone (even the non-forum people) to see,...and yet they don't want people to talk about it? :psyduck:

I love how hosed up CIG is by this point. I'm getting my refund and just...I love it.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

now count the use of gamergate

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

derek smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART!

I've got Chris Roberts proper response right here:

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/derek-smart-not/

edit: I am sure there is better SMART correspondence. At least things have come full circle.

http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/completely-libelous-review/1/

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

BexGu posted:

You can't really blame the journalists going after this. This is an amazing story of the biggest crowded funded game in history blowing up and how all the money was wasted because of one mans pride.

And also one WOMAN's pride you sexist obvious Sandi hater, you!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I will give Derek Smart credit, this poo poo is hilarious.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

What? They would never do that. Chris Roberts even said in his Derek Smart hate-gently caress response to the Escapist:

quote:

Derek Smart self-announced drama (he loves to play the victim, which he did when we refunded him publically sharing his refund email, claiming we were trying to silence him. We weren’t – we strongly believe in free speech and allow many dissenting opinions on our forums as long as they stay within standards of decency.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Star Citizen: Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART!!!!!

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

CrazyLoon posted:

They link that poo poo on their game launcher, for everyone (even the non-forum people) to see,...and yet they don't want people to talk about it? :psyduck:

I love how hosed up CIG is by this point. I'm getting my refund and just...I love it.

Croberts - "we strongly believe in free speech and allow many dissenting opinions on our forums" :ironicat:

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo
What we need is to send this whole thing back in time so it can be commented on by younger versions of Chet Faliszek and Eric Wolpaw.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004
Anyone else feel bad for Sandi? I mean all she really probably wants is to be a c-tier actor on some daytime tv show, who hobnobs with good looking people and acts out dramas revolving around everyday life. Instead she's got to pretend to like spaceships and put up with fat nerds non stop. As it is, no one appreciates her sacrifice anyway and just shits on her for answering emails or whatever. Of course, in this environment, just being a normal girl is going to make you a huge target. I hope she's getting a lot of money because honestly she's probably the hardest working person of the bunch.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Madcosby posted:

What? They would never do that. Chris Roberts even said in his Derek Smart hate-gently caress response to the Escapist:

someone needs to tell :lesnick:

Irrational Man posted:

Anyone else feel bad for Sandi? I mean all she really probably wants is to be a c-tier actor on some daytime tv show, who hobnobs with good looking people and acts out dramas revolving around everyday life. Instead she's got to pretend to like spaceships and put up with fat nerds non stop. As it is, no one appreciates her sacrifice anyway and just shits on her for answering emails or whatever. Of course, in this environment, just being a normal girl is going to make you a huge target. I hope she's getting a lot of money because honestly she's probably the hardest working person of the bunch.

source your quotes

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I counted 12 uses of the term "Gamer Gate" (or GG)

wise

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

To: Derek Smart
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: UC parody review on SA

Dear Doctor Smart,

As per your request, I have changed the offending remark.

"When he was convicted of bank fraud in 1994"

has been altered to:

"When he was convicted of bank fraud and raping an entire petting zoo in 1994"

I hope this is satisfactory.

- Dr. Richard Kyanka, PHD

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
To mark the day, I made this quickly:

(the source image was awful)

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
So now that it seems the rube's support of Croberts is swelling, should I try and sell my founders package (DIGITAL SCOUT - LTI) or get a refund? Would they even give me a refund, since it's not thousands of dollars on jpgs as such.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The direct response is going to be interesting. I really wonder if he's going to address the 8m dollars left thing.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Madcosby posted:

I counted 12 uses of the term "Gamer Gate" (or GG)

wise
I hope someone screenshots the whole thing before it gets [REDACTED].

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Irrational Man posted:

No gently caress her, gently caress that Maleficent

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

Needs to go into the OP tbh.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Irrational Man posted:

Anyone else feel bad for Sandi? I mean all she really probably wants is to be a c-tier actor on some daytime tv show, who hobnobs with good looking people and acts out dramas revolving around everyday life. Instead she's got to pretend to like spaceships and put up with fat nerds non stop. As it is, no one appreciates her sacrifice anyway and just shits on her for answering emails or whatever. Of course, in this environment, just being a normal girl is going to make you a huge target. I hope she's getting a lot of money because honestly she's probably the hardest working nazi harpy of the bunch.

FTFY.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

I C/Ped it all in this thread; I imagine they'll take down/edit the post after it hits them how stupid it is as a response

edit: although some pics would be nice to find out if they try to change anything in the original response

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Raskolnikov posted:

It will forever be apart of SA posting/this thread now.

God I hope I get my refund. Even if it was for the 30 dollars original kick-starter tier I could use that towards the Fallen Angels game.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha ha, oh man that letter. Thank you Star Citizen thread.

Never a better argument for the merits of those evil publishers after all.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

all this Sandi hate makes me think the gamergate connection is not as tenuous as it sounds

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

RubberJohnny posted:

Quoting this so hard,

Anyone have a list of the people who quit/forced out from CIG Austin since last week? Some Shitizens are asking me

I'm working on a list with non-DS sources. The top 4 were all Austin. There are more, I think:

Name Position Source
Paul Forgy Senior 3D Artist http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-loses-at-least-six-more-staff-to-departures-and-firings
Tom Davis Senior Gameplay Programmer http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-loses-at-least-six-more-staff-to-departures-and-firings
Jeffrey Parker DevOps Engineer http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-loses-at-least-six-more-staff-to-departures-and-firings
David Jennison Lead Character Artist http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-loses-at-least-six-more-staff-to-departures-and-firings

James Pugh Community Manager http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-loses-at-least-six-more-staff-to-departures-and-firings
Alyssa Delhotal Associate Marketing Producer http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-loses-at-least-six-more-staff-to-departures-and-firings

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
time for lesnik to demand a bunch of money or else he leaves. That would gently caress cig up if he left and he should be able to squeeze a cool million out of them.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
this is CIG right now after CR sinking into the pit with DS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geLnpGmQAQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Irrational Man posted:

all this Sandi hate makes me think the gamergate connection is not as tenuous as it sounds

You're a loving idiot.

• Locked thread