Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Truga posted:

BREAKING: In a shocking turn of events, Zombo.com LLC bought out CIG.

That would be great news. Anything is possible with Zombo.com.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

notacult

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

NOT A CULT GUYS

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Would there be this much hate if she was a man? Yes there would look at Lesnick. If we replaced all mentions of Gardiner with Lesnick there would be the exact same reaction. Possibly even more so because Ben is horrible.

If Sandi were a man there would be no mention of her to begin with, since no one would want to make him/her a target without some underlying prejudice to substantiate it (well assuming homophobia didn't take its place since she's now a man). As long as the evidence is thin, its credulity is linked to stereotyping women in management which is inherently sexist. Even if it turns out Sandi is a witch, right now you'd be believing the right thing for the wrong reasons.

These are just allegations and she deserves the benefit of the doubt

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wow, these reactions are bizarre as hell. I have no clue how these man-children function in a normal capacity in the real world. I'll admit I'm a loving man baby that likes buying toys (actual physical products), but this SC cult is sooo bizarre.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Irrational Man posted:

If Sandi were a man there would be no mention of her to begin with, since no one would want to make him/her a target without some underlying prejudice to substantiate it (well assuming homophobia didn't take its place since she's now a man). As long as the evidence is thin, its credulity is linked to stereotyping women in management which is inherently sexist. Even if it turns out Sandi is a witch, right now you'd be believing the right thing for the wrong reasons.

what the gently caress are you talking about

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Roberts is right. I am not worthy of a jpg space ship. I should have never doubted him.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

sorla78 posted:

Who cares, private companies go listed and have to publish their figures and have them audited, it's not the end of you business to be honest about your financials. It's only your end if you indeed have something to hide. There's no way out of this mess anymore unless CIG releases a financial statement, if they have been honest that^s the only way to shut everyone up - or they relase SQ42 on next Saturday. Anything else is just going to gently caress them on their revenue streams and they will go belly-up, unless someone dares to buy them out.

They could release a full, audited financial statement today and the only responses from people in this thread would be either a) they've only got $x left, they're doomed! or b) They've got $x left! Clearly they've been squandering funds away to run off with instead of making the game! It doesn't matter what the value of $x is. Hell, there would probably be both responses simultaneously. The only thing that would make anyone who's already decided the game is a giant scam change their mind is if they released the game, completed, in full, with every possible feature.

Just look at the response to Chris's letter here already. Last week, people were claiming they were trying to hide things by not saying anything in response to Smart's comments, lambasting them for not just coming out and making it clear Sandi and Chris were married (despite that happening literally years ago), and such. CIG does all that, and suddenly it's a sign of doom and gloom that CIG stooped to respond to such incredulous allegations, so of course they must be true! For every thing CIG actually responds to or allegation they prove false, people will just latch on to another possibility. Because none of this is really about accountability, or who's telling the truth, or whether the game gets made.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

Wow, these reactions are bizarre as hell. I have no clue how these man-children function in a normal capacity in the real world.

they dont function is the answer

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

Sir_Charles posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about

Leave Sandi alone :colbert:

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Been posted before, but worth posting again

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Irrational Man posted:

Holy poo poo, where the gently caress are you even coming up with this poo poo?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Irrational Man posted:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

We missed you. Or well...some may have missed your AV moreso in this time of need.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Irrational Man posted:

If Sandi were a man there would be no mention of her to begin with,
[citation needed]

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Irrational Man posted:

Again if she was a man this thread would definitely be criticizing her. The only reason you aren't is because she is a woman. Which is again misogynistic.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

Agrajag posted:

Holy poo poo, where the gently caress are you even coming up with this poo poo?

If you're really interested in learning, check out Anita Sarkeesian's series on women in gaming to see how sexism is rampant in the culture and industry.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Octopode posted:

I've spent so much dosh on this .jpg poo poo that my mind no longer functions correctly as result.

Yup, sounds about right.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anyway, why must it be Star Citizen and not, say, Star Citizenesse? Citizennette? Citizenne?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Octopode posted:

They could release a full, audited financial statement today and the only responses from people in this thread would be either a) they've only got $x left, they're doomed! or b) They've got $x left! Clearly they've been squandering funds away to run off with instead of making the game! It doesn't matter what the value of $x is. Hell, there would probably be both responses simultaneously. The only thing that would make anyone who's already decided the game is a giant scam change their mind is if they released the game, completed, in full, with every possible feature.

Just look at the response to Chris's letter here already. Last week, people were claiming they were trying to hide things by not saying anything in response to Smart's comments, lambasting them for not just coming out and making it clear Sandi and Chris were married (despite that happening literally years ago), and such. CIG does all that, and suddenly it's a sign of doom and gloom that CIG stooped to respond to such incredulous allegations, so of course they must be true! For every thing CIG actually responds to or allegation they prove false, people will just latch on to another possibility. Because none of this is really about accountability, or who's telling the truth, or whether the game gets made.

same but ironically

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Irrational Man posted:

If you're really interested in learning, check out Anita Sarkeesian's series on women in gaming to see how sexism is rampant in the culture and industry.

The most milquetoast toast criticism of the games industry will surely help. You can't be real.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I wonder what Curt Schilling thinks of all this.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This really begs the question, what other games is this guy playing?

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Again if she was a man this thread would definitely be criticizing her. The only reason you aren't is because she is a woman. Which is again misogynistic.

Yeah! It would be misogyny not to criticize her. Listen to yourself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Actually it's about ethics in video game company gender roles

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Irrational Man posted:

lol

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Irrational Man posted:

I feel ashamed for temporarily falling for this troll

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Even if the allegations by former and current employees are bullshit, even if CIG is still flush with cash, the turnover of employees, using concept sales as a main source of income, failure to deliver important features and improvements to the game and the verifiable scope creep is not something that can be waved away with "well, it's just jealous people with an axe to grind"

Gorson posted:

"They ain't allowing MUSLIMS in space now are they?"

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 1, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Octopode posted:

That's not really true Octopode and I think you know it. I can't even read all of the Chairman's letter because it's that painful and you know how much of this poo poo I read, it's loving terrible PR. He attacked the journalist, he's completely lost the plot and sounds like one of his own fans with the "click bait" bullshit.

Edit to add, Anyone with any sense would have stopped him writing that, I'm not even sure :lesnick: would have gone along with it. I think it's probably the most accurate projection of him we're ever seen as he wrote it angry. Not that fake "my poor family" angry, that's been going on for months from Smart, but real "how dare the media print this about me just before Citizen Con" angry.

AP fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 1, 2015

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Gorson posted:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
They should have called this Space Guys n Gals that would have avoided all the gender issues

They could have had a pic of chris and sandi doing jazz hands to promote it

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Irrational Man posted:

Yeah! It would be misogyny not to criticize her. Listen to yourself.

You had a good run but you flew to close to the sun little Icarus.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jethro_E7 posted:

This has GOT be be made into a movie. It's got everything I ever wanted. Villains, evil queen behind the throne, ambition, deceit, arrogance, rage with more to come.

The Social Module

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Schilling went the crowdfunding route too, but for some reason only people from Rhode Island signed up.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Irrational Man posted:

this is the new millenium of trolling

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Gorson posted:

"I'm hungry"

Also I just realized, in a bout of massive irony, Chris Roberts has responded in the exact same way Derek Smart would have in the same situation.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
On the other hand, Sandi was shown wearing trousers (pants), so it's a pretty nice subversion of gender roles. And I think they've promised a playable female character, even though it costs millions of dollars to mo-cap all animations for women. Thankfully, Startizens are very progressive and willingly gave millions of dollars to ensure equal gender representation in the game.

Also, Social Justice Module? Yes, please!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hey guys just checkin in on the thread and.....

Ok so I missed a bunch it seems, here's some for easier reading

"Remember guys no drama will be allowed from the outside world.... and now here is our TOTALLY NOT BIASED response to the outside world drama"

Seriously, all these totally legit and not forced responses from CIG employees might actually be believable if they weren't 100% positive.

No company in the history of man-kind is without fault, just one employee saying 'Yeah it's a pretty good company, EXCEPT...' and I might believe em.

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Irrational Man posted:

Whatever you say, user account with a full page of 'trolling' ban reasons. Jesus cripes guys, you still feeding this chucklefuck and having this awesome thread derail into gamergate bullshit?

• Locked thread