Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Are you sure you're using OpenGL? It was merged back at the end of May. https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/2357

Yes, I'm on OpenGL. Is it the Per-Pixel Lighting Enhancement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Suspicious Dish posted:

Does it happen on all games? What audio backend are you using?

I used the default Xaudio2 or whatever that came with it. I don't know if that's the problem, because the 4.0-5 version has the exact same thing and it doesn't make the noise.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Had a weird issue where Megaman Network transmission seems to crash on the 2nd section of the arcade area (color man's stage). partway through it just springs up this error:

My attempts to look it up just have people saying the error suddenly fixed itself, but I've not had similar luck.
CPU is a Intel i5-4590 , graphics card is a gtx 760.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Tae posted:

I used the default Xaudio2 or whatever that came with it. I don't know if that's the problem, because the 4.0-5 version has the exact same thing and it doesn't make the noise.

This issue, maybe? https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=8791&can=1&q=audio

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The problem was still there, but digging deeper it's because of a gamecube Direct Connect issue.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/08/01/dolphin-progress-report-july-2015/

5.0 rc1 is out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Holy poo poo, that is a lot of awesome additions.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maybe I'm being dumb but how do you get that Gamecube aspect ratio thing to work? I still have to manually force it to 16:9.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Nate RFB posted:

Maybe I'm being dumb but how do you get that Gamecube aspect ratio thing to work? I still have to manually force it to 16:9.

Are you using the latest revision or the RC?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I tried both the 5.0 RC and 4.0-7133, testing it on Eternal Darkness and Mario Strikers.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
I bought a dolphinbar and nowI can't get the loving thing to work with my wiimote. The wiimote will work on my pc, but when I use dolphin it doenst dectect the wiimote. The guides do gently caress all for me.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Go to the controller menu, hit "refresh" and press A on the wiimote until it vibrates

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
This still isn't working.

Edit: my wiimote works as a mouse on my pc but is not found anywhere nor does exist no matter what I do with dolphin.

Toxsyl fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 16, 2015

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Toxsyl posted:

This still isn't working.

Edit: my wiimote works as a mouse on my pc but is not found anywhere nor does exist no matter what I do with dolphin.
Did you update the Dolphinbar's firmware and set it to Mode 4?

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

The Kins posted:

Did you update the Dolphinbar's firmware and set it to Mode 4?

I did an update. Did not see a mode 4 being a thign I needed to do.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Toxsyl posted:

Press the mode button on top of the Dolphinbar repeatedly until the light indicates "4".

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Toxsyl posted:

The MODE button on the top of the unit switches between four modes:

1: Keyboard and Mouse emulation - normal scheme
2: Keyboard and Mouse emulation - game scheme
3: Gamepad emulation
4: Wiimote emulation specifically for Dolphin

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

m2pt5 posted:

Press the mode button on top of the Dolphinbar repeatedly until the light indicates "4".

It's on mode 4 now and I've tried syncing it afterwards still nothing.

Edit: I'm about to throw all this poo poo in the trash, cause I guess my dolphin bar doesn't work properly.

Edit 2:I installed a different version of the emulator and now it registers some ove my buttons but not the cursor movements.

Toxsyl fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 16, 2015

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Toxsyl posted:

It's on mode 4 now and I've tried syncing it afterwards still nothing.

Edit: I'm about to throw all this poo poo in the trash, cause I guess my dolphin bar doesn't work properly.

Edit 2:I installed a different version of the emulator and now it registers some ove my buttons but not the cursor movements.

I had issues with my Dolphinbar for a long time until I changed which USB slot it was in and that solved all my problems somehow.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I had issues with my Dolphinbar for a long time until I changed which USB slot it was in and that solved all my problems somehow.

I could try putting on the front usb if it reaches.

I still think I have someone walk me through this poo poo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
August Progress Report! Zelda HLE Audio gets its long-needed rewrite, OpenGL ES 3.2 support arrives in the Android builds, homebrew .elf and .dol binaries now show up in the Games list, and the issue tracker undergoes a tiny apocalypse.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If you have a Dolphinbar, there's a new firmware out that turns off the IR LEDs when a Wiimote isn't connected to avoid LED burnout.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

LEDs can burn out?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I guess 100,000 hours eventually has to pass....

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
September progress report! A seemingly-minor change to video fixes a ton of little problems everywhere, anti-aliasing gets some much-needed improvements, EFB texture trickery isn't as buggy anymore, and The Dolphin Emulator Foundation is now legally a thing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
All Nintendo based emulation will be for naught as long as Pokemon Snap remains the White Whale.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

All Nintendo based emulation will be for naught as long as Pokemon Snap remains the White Whale.
I think Dolphin fixed their Pokemon Snap issues a while back?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
According to the wiki, the VC version works in Dolphin now

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Truly, this is a glorious day.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

All hail Dolphin, the truest example of a well organized, successful project.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I like how when finally v5.0 of Dolphin gets released, it will be completely pointless!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Im_Special posted:

I like how when finally v5.0 of Dolphin gets released, it will be completely pointless!

what do you mean

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Suspicious Dish posted:

what do you mean

I assume because many accuracy improvements won't be in it and whichever games he cares about will not improve in playability.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
you can test the development builds and file bugs on those if you have issues with dolphin

everything we've been doing has been to improve game compatibility, performance, and accuracy

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Suspicious Dish posted:

what do you mean

They have two branches of Dolphin basically, a "Stable" featured locked one that's going to end up being v5.0 eventually, then they have another one which has been getting worked on and has seen improvements over the past months, which are basically what all these monthly reports are about. When 5.0 finally drops it will be so far behind in features and improvements that I see no point in touching it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Im_Special posted:

They have two branches of Dolphin basically, a "Stable" featured locked one that's going to end up being v5.0 eventually, then they have another one which has been getting worked on and has seen improvements over the past months, which are basically what all these monthly reports are about. When 5.0 finally drops it will be so far behind in features and improvements that I see no point in touching it.

I'm not sure you understand how this release cycle works.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

ChaosArgate posted:

quote:

As the release candidates drag on, we've noticed that many users are assuming that 5.0 release candidate builds are newer than development builds. Please remember, the 5.0 release candidates are based on 4.0-6727, and only have bug fixes applied beyond that. Almost all of the new features from July's progress report onward ARE NOT in the stable branch unless they are a regression fix. For new features, the development builds are still recommended. Speaking of the newest features...

I understand how the cycle works, but there's been so much good stuff since July that I would ever recommend use of 5.0.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I still can't seem to get the widescreen detect fix to work, I still have to manually Force it to 16:9 for it to set. There's only a small number of GCN games I'd want to play that have such a feature so it isn't a big deal but I feel dumb for not being able to get it to do something. Tested it with 4.0-7876, for reference on Eternal Darkness.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

ChaosArgate posted:

Do you? Please explain then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Im_Special posted:

Do you? Please explain then.

I thought I did, but the Dolphin release cycle is different from the release cycle we did at my old job so... :v:

• Locked thread