Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

EccoRaven posted:

how can graphs be real if our data points aren't real?

I have met keane irl and my desire to see other mafia people irl is near zero.

I am scheduled to meet taste this month but I am hoping I get to walk past him and not have him recognize me.

We should meet up, it'd be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have never met Keane. Certainly not in NYC.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

BTW, I'm not a fan of hurricanes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

One time I thought I had met Ecco in real life, but it turned out to be someone who also rode a scooter, drank sidecars, and talked about their roommate a lot.

I can report that it was just my paranoia getting the best of me.

(Or was it??? Only Ecco knows the truth.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Meinberg posted:

BTW, I'm not a fan of hurricanes.

I'm still working on Sandy clean up projects. Another Hurricane, even if it isn't as bad, could do some more infrastructure damage. :(

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I'm still working on Sandy clean up projects. Another Hurricane, even if it isn't as bad, could do some more infrastructure damage. :(

I'm feeling confident that it's going to veer east and maybe hit Maine or just dissipate over the water. We're still going to get some major flooding.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I have never met a mafia goon irl, but I have met a regular goon, but we met before we knew one another were goons.

That's my story.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I met Ernie and PMom and both were cool.

Ernie we should do an escape room thing when I'm in Ottawa, do they have those in Ottawa?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

I met Ernie and PMom and both were cool.

The past tense is important here!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:agreed:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Man I was just thinking about how good it'd be to grow a beard since it's getting colder and then my brain had to remind me of how I grow red facial hair instead of brown and it's bumming me out.

I want to grow a beard mafia thread.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've met only mafia goons, though I have a high school friend who later became a goon. Both Busb and Sandwolf were fine fellows. I'd of met Keane in NYC, for all the times I was there during our trip, but we were seriously busy and booked tight.

Ecco in all of your mixology stuff what's the proportion of pickle juice one is supposed to take with whiskey when doing one of those drinks? I did it once but I can't remember if you mix the juice directly with the whiskey, though logic tells me no, and if you're just supposed chase a shot of whiskey with a shot of pickle juice.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've met only mafia goons, though I have a high school friend who later became a goon. Both Busb and Sandwolf were fine fellows. I'd of met Keane in NYC, for all the times I was there during our trip, but we were seriously busy and booked tight.

Ecco in all of your mixology stuff what's the proportion of pickle juice one is supposed to take with whiskey when doing one of those drinks? I did it once but I can't remember if you mix the juice directly with the whiskey, though logic tells me no, and if you're just supposed chase a shot of whiskey with a shot of pickle juice.

If you're ever back and have some free time I'd love to get a drink or a slice with you!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

My brother in law grows red beards. They're fine. I'm planning on going full Serpico this winter. I kinda can't wait. Though my rule is that it's not cold until winter and winter doesn't start until the 20th of December so I won't be growing it until around then (or until I get too lazy to shave which is a risk I run every week).

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Man I was just thinking about how good it'd be to grow a beard since it's getting colder and then my brain had to remind me of how I grow red facial hair instead of brown and it's bumming me out.

Bowmore ran that once. And that's weird term for opening a thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My brother in law grows red beards. They're fine. I'm planning on going full Serpico this winter. I kinda can't wait. Though my rule is that it's not cold until winter and winter doesn't start until the 20th of December so I won't be growing it until around then (or until I get too lazy to shave which is a risk I run every week).

I do no shave November which I roll into "shave it into a Lemmy December" and everybody delights in it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Movember.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Grow a beard

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would look terrifying with a mustache. I look like poo poo with a beard. I also look like poo poo with mutton chops, but they're funny so w/e.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let's have a drink in the greenhouse before they knock it down

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have technically met a Mafia goon, although he doesn't really play Mafia here anymore. But I did get to sit in the sunny Wrigley Field bleachers with Poque. He is a great guy.

I guess I'd meet other Mafia goons if the chance presented itself, but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to do it. Plus, I think I'm like 10 years older than most people here except FV.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I would look terrifying with a mustache. I look like poo poo with a beard. I also look like poo poo with mutton chops, but they're funny so w/e.

Do Handlebars next time.

TMM, how old are you?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I look fine with facial hair. I look like a 45 year old man with just a mustache. My full beard is fine. I should style it. There's enough for that, but all that effort that would take. Sometimes I contemplate waxing my face.

EccoRaven posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about BUT the shots my friend bought everyone last weekend were chased with shots of pickle juice 1:1. it wasn't that bad but it was still rear end-nasty.
Hm I wonder what it was I did that with. I do like pickles and don't particularly mind pickle juice. I should look into it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Amoeba102 posted:

Do Handlebars next time.

TMM, how old are you?

I'm over 40. :(

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I like my beard indoors but outside it looks so disjointed. It's bright orange. I don't understand it and I hate it and I'll probably keep shaving but whatever.

I like myself in just a mustache but most of my friends call me dad when I do that which gets tiresome.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If it's low 40's I expect there's a few mid 30 people floating around, at the least.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I like my beard indoors but outside it looks so disjointed. It's bright orange. I don't understand it and I hate it and I'll probably keep shaving but whatever.

I like myself in just a mustache but most of my friends call me dad when I do that which gets tiresome.

It could be worse. You could be like me, a 40 year old man who can't grow a beard at all.

The best I can do is look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Except not nearly as skinny.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
The ability to grow a beard is not based on manliness it's based on genetics.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

BK you can own your flame colored facial hair. It's a good color. You'd look like a viking of old.

TMMadman posted:

It could be worse. You could be like me, a 40 year old man who can't grow a beard at all.

The best I can do is look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Except not nearly as skinny.

I swear if only not to shave. Beards make your face itchy and my skin has enough issues with dryness without compounding that whole mess. You save money on razors which are loving expensive and time in the morning from not having to shave. I don't get beard envy. Only if you're a serious fashion aficionado who'd treat it like an accessory, fine. But I'm not. I've gotten the same haircut and pretty much comb my hair the same way I have since ever because it dries the same way anyway and so I don't give a drat what hair grows on my face. I just wish it would stop because it's very tiresome.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

The ability to grow a beard is not based on manliness it's based on genetics.

Yeah and I missed out, both my dad and brother can easily grow beards.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You are blessed.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You are blessed.

Haha, I know. I actually like my baby face and the fact that I really only have to shave like once a week.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Stubble beards aren't itchy at least.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There are some mid-30s people floating around indeed.

I'm only 31 but I know of people here older than me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

There are some mid-30s people floating around indeed.

I'm only 31 but I know of people here older than me.

You're but a babe in the echelons of time and weariness!

Also, my girlfriend doesn't like my beard, but keeping it trimmed is a lot of work.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can't grow a beard at all. It starts to grow in and then immediately quits and I need to shave it right now ugh.

Re: age chat. Thank you for making me feel young

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Stubble beards aren't itchy at least.

Stubble is ok but it doesn't last long. After 2-3 days I should shave again because it's that short haired beard that's lame and scruffy looking before the more sort of proper 'oh you're actually doing this thing' beard that comes after about a week or so. I don't know. I'm just lazy. Good night!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

BK you can own your flame colored facial hair. It's a good color. You'd look like a viking of old.

My mom has auburn hair and I blame her. I have my dad's darker brown so in the sun it contrasts and idk if I were already a ginger I'd agree with you but this looks so much worse.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I swear if only not to shave. Beards make your face itchy and my skin has enough issues with dryness without compounding that whole mess. You save money on razors which are loving expensive and time in the morning from not having to shave. I don't get beard envy. Only if you're a serious fashion aficionado who'd treat it like an accessory, fine. But I'm not. I've gotten the same haircut and pretty much comb my hair the same way I have since ever because it dries the same way anyway and so I don't give a drat what hair grows on my face. I just wish it would stop because it's very tiresome.

Beards make your face itchy for about 2 or 3 weeks but honestly then they stop itching. I had a too-lazy-to-shave beard freshman year of college and I HATED it for about that period of time and then stopped thinking about it entirely. Shampooing it liberally also helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'm 25