Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is GWAR worth seeing without Oderus still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RaceyBucket posted:

Based on their half hour at Riot Fest I'd say yes. But I've never seen them headline with or without him.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

RaceyBucket posted:

I can't bring myself to see either a Layne-less Alice In Chains or a Oderus-less GWAR. It may be my loss, but I prefer not to face it.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

hopterque posted:

I posted how much I loved this a few days ago, but now I've listened to all their stuff and holy poo poo Slugdge is amazing.

Despite the name, they're not actually a sludge band, I assume they just wanted the Slug pun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kni1H2idKOs

Slugdge loving rule, and both their music and their pun game remains on point with the new album.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I can't bring myself to see either a Layne-less Alice In Chains or a Oderus-less GWAR. It may be my loss, but I prefer not to face it.

I say give AiC a shot anyways, their new stuff is pretty darn good.

I mean they'll obviously never be the same band and they probably should have reformed under a new name, but it's still good music.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

xzzy posted:

I mean they'll obviously never be the same band and they probably should have reformed under a new name, but it's still good music.
Agreed. Black Gives Way to Blue is a great album.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Mackers posted:

Might be old news for you guys but I learned today that Cattle Decapitation are right up my street. Heavy but with some bomb-rear end loving riffage. Any tracks in particular besides this one I should check out?

Forced Gender Reassignment

The actual video for this song is uhh...something. Jesus christ. Anyone who hasn't seen it can google for it but be advised it's A Serbian Film levels of :nms: and obviously :nws:
Some of the reaction videos for this are pretty good

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Hulk Krogan posted:

Slugdge loving rule, and both their music and their pun game remains on point with the new album.

Their pun game is extremely strong, but somehow the music manages to be even better.

But yeah I mean how can you not love Dim and Slimeridden Kingdoms, Flying Snails, Lettuce Prey, Salters of Madness, etc, as song titles. I hope they keep somehow pumping out albums at this pace.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Spore Ensemble is my favorite.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Based on their half hour at Riot Fest I'd say yes. But I've never seen them headline with or without him.

Am I still gonna covered in juices?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

hopterque posted:

I posted how much I loved this a few days ago, but now I've listened to all their stuff and holy poo poo Slugdge is amazing.

Despite the name, they're not actually a sludge band, I assume they just wanted the Slug pun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kni1H2idKOs

This owns a lot, thanks

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Of course. Did you really think they'd abandon that?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Never know in this post-oderus world!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

hopterque posted:

But yeah I mean how can you not love Dim and Slimeridden Kingdoms, Flying Snails, Lettuce Prey, Salters of Madness, etc, as song titles. I hope they keep somehow pumping out albums at this pace.
Unchained Malady got the biggest chuckle out of me, personally

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
speaking of GWAR, this still rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPLr7l1ftY

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

xzzy posted:

I don't mind them keeping the name since Jerry Cantrell was always a co-frontman, and even the most iconic AiC songs have a lot of him in them. Definitely not the same without Staley, but as long as the lead songwriter and co-vocalist is still in charge of the band and his rhythm section is the same it's still Alice in Chains.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

RaceyBucket posted:

I saw them on the last tour and it was still a good time. It's not the same but it's still a spectacle and easily worth the price of admission. Oderus mistook the time machine they were trying to find him with for a gloryhole and stuck the cuttlefish through so we still got to swallow one last load.

Bummer that I'm going to miss this tour because they're playing the weekend of Thanksgiving and I'll be out of town :(

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Doing a lol at the Party Cannon logo.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really enjoying trying to decipher some of those logos

So far I see "Lobster Slaughter" and "Sarcastic Ejaculation"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Wolves in the throne room is on there twice.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Methodone Abortion Clinic :laffo:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

MrBling posted:

I cannot stop giggling about that

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

MrBling posted:

Based on their logo and lyrics I went in picturing some awful poo poo Municipal Waste pizzabeer retrothrash but this is probably the best slam album this year

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but we're currently enjoying a renaissance of good joke slam bands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmjrbPySLgs.

Edit:

MrBling posted:

Also, it looks like my friend's band, Embodied Torment, is playing Bay Area Death Fest this year. They're pretty great if you're into brutal death metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYslYtBznwA

deadking fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 1, 2015

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MrBling posted:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

hahah holy poo poo

"Bong Hit Hospitalization"

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Party Cannon is great :3:

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Thread's making me listen to Brodequin for the first time in forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibKjPJ70F7Y

I almost forgot how gloriously stupid and fun they were

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Dying laughing at Party Cannon.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

MrBling posted:

i'm more surprised Ovid's Withering is playing since every member but the guitarist left. i think he tried to solicit photos of the other band members' girlfriends or something.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Didn't he also try to solicit photos from underage chicks?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hulk Krogan posted:

Didn't he also try to solicit photos from underage chicks?

Why were the other members of the band dating underage chicks?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Why were the other members of the band dating underage chicks?

I'd make a joke about deathcore groupies all being underage scene chicks but it's not really a joke when it's 100% accurate

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Gamma Nerd posted:

it's 100% accurate

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

I've never listened to them and it's definitely not because I'm afraid I'll like them. Nope. I heard they have dubstep/trance/whatever parts though and that sounds godawful. Just give me vocaloid power metal or something quality unnecessary and I'm down.

Did you like the Blood Stain Child link? :allears: BSC are basically a good version of Babymetal, Amaranthe, and all the other electropop/metal groups. I can't find many other trance metal bands that are passable but try out DOLL$BOXX and Gacharic Spin. They're related to Light Bringer, who own, and the bassist of Light Bringer is in Alhambra, who I linked in my big link dump.

I love the Japanese power metal scene, and Japanese music in general, so if you need more feel free to hit me up for suggestions :buddy:

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
New Megadeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRtdd3tXI4

To me it's a riff salad that doesn't really go anywhere. Decent riffs though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

H13 posted:

New Megadeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRtdd3tXI4

To me it's a riff salad that doesn't really go anywhere. Decent riffs though.
Anything over Super Collider.

It's not bad. Reminds me quite a bit of Annihilator. Can't wait to hear more.

e: which is kind of ironic considering I just remembered there is an Annihilator song titled "Word Salad"

symbolic fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 2, 2015

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

That Megadeth song is completely forgetabble

VVVV sadly, true

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bruce Kison posted: