Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Jethro_E7 posted:

We were promised an amazing journey.
Chris delivered.

And then The Magical Mystery Tour turned into Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

we've got to be hitting peak crazy as far as star citizen goes

we just have to

You are about 1/3rd of the way down the rabbit hole.

Proceed or turn back?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

BexGu posted:

Sandi emails leaks with everything that was reported in the Escpaist article. THAT will be the peak.

Oh please please please let this happen :allears:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Just gonna post in this thread to say hi Derek I'm a big fan.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I just loled really hard thinking about people raging about this in the "Social Module" right now.

I wonder if they will expunge the accounts who express discontent in the Social module instead of the forums

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
mr smart, when will you update desktop commander to work with the WinNT family of operating systems?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jethro_E7 posted:

Derek has returned!

Derek, in your opinion, how solid is the info from the escapist article? Did the escapist work with you / have contact with you about this issue?

From my sources, most of what she wrote, I was already aware of. Some I wasn't.

I will let the author speak for herself

https://twitter.com/lizzyf620/status/649700436275036161

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Truga posted:

You are about 1/3rd of the way down the rabbit hole.

Proceed or turn back?

No. NO We go ALL the way down the rabbit hole. It must not end, it can only go deeper. This is a 90 million dollar hole and every last part of it must be exposed.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Derek, if Chris Roberts finally caved and said he would step down as Chairman ONLY if you swore to never wear earrings again for the rest of your life, would you make the sacrifice for the greater good of gaming?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
This was a long con. I said so right here, complete with context. You should read it.

http://www.dereksmart.com/2015/09/star-citizen-the-long-con/

And my next one "Star Citizen - The Great Gaming Heist" is almost completed.

They think they're mad now.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

RuckusRouser posted:

Derek, if Chris Roberts finally caved and said he would step down as Chairman ONLY if you swore to never wear earrings again for the rest of your life, would you make the sacrifice for the greater good of gaming?

If I were Dr. Derek Smart I'd say gently caress no. Nothing but unconditional surrender.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Shareholder Revolt to make Derek Smart Chairman - Chris Roberts should focus on creating, not managing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

RuckusRouser posted:

Yes.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Derek i just wanted to say that I didn't like 3000 A.D., but I legitimately and in all honesty think that you should keep doing exactly what you're doing and god bless.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

I always knew you were the Doctor we deserved. Stay strong, stay saucy, stay Smart.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Thanks Derek.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Thank you mr smart for saving me, started the refund process a month ago and actually came out ahead. Great news for me as I was into this scam for 5k.

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs

D_Smart posted:

This was a long con. I said so right here, complete with context. You should read it.

Mr. Smart, do you think we are laughing with you or at you? This is the great question.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Reading all her answers to people's vapid questioning I feel like she's more and more credible.

Example: two other sources couldn't be verified with enough confidence so they were not mentioned.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

RuckusRouser posted:

I always knew you were the Doctor we deserved. Stay strong, stay saucy, stay Smart.

His willingness to sacrifice the source of his power and virility for the needs of the many is the very definition of nobility.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Never give up your dreams Mr Smart

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

:drat:
this thread

mr. smart, what do you predict (or know that) will be announced and/or presented at citizencon?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Derek once SC is dead do you have any new projects to capitalize on the void in the market and your increased notoriety?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Real hurthling! posted:

Derek once SC is dead do you have any new projects to capitalize on the void in the market and your new found notoriety?

He has a novel twist on the Kart Racing genre lined up about Kart Racing in space with no roads or gravity and it will be called Derek Smarts Wildly Spinning Space Karts 5000

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
ooer

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Uhhmm, what the gently caress just happened to Star Citizen?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fargin Icehole posted:

Uhhmm, what the gently caress just happened to Star Citizen?

Derek Smart happened motherfucker

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

At one point I was laughing at Mr. Smart.

At this point, I'm really not- I'm pretty glad that somebody stepped up to make these accusations. If they're all true, then we needed to hear it. If not, then CIG will be better off for having negotiated through the doubts. (They're totally all true).

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
Space Kart Race 5000 Citizen, with new concept carts being released every three months for $200-$500 a pop!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

:a2m:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

D, make the kart game. i'd buy it. i'd even be a f2p whale for you, D

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

BexGu posted:

Sandi emails leaks with everything that was reported in the Escpaist article. THAT will be the peak.
Something tells me Derek Smart has those already...

He's got this.

Seriously-- considering the unalloyed anger of some of those Escapist sources, I wouldn't be surprised if damning emails (or equally damaging stuff) really do surface.

If just one of them gets out, well, we've got ourselves a
situation.

EDIT: While I was trying to get that stupid movie poster image in on my phone, Derek Smart showed up in thread and confirmed as much. Because he's got this.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 2, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

All aboard the :bandwagon: until the next one.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You have to bind 5 buttons on your joystick to stop the Kart spinning in space

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Do you have real hard evidence of monetary malfeasance? Not just employee speculation. Real, hard, incontrovertible evidence?

You should also check out the UK accounts stuff posted earlier in the thread.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Quick update please for someone who hasn't really been following that closely.

A long time ago I bought whatever the original kickstarter thing was that was just the game and no extra space ships. $40 or something like that?

Are the people getting refunds now the folks who spent extra money on pictures of space ships, or are folks bailing on the game altogether?

Is it looking like the whole thing is going to get cancelled eventually? Or just come out with some form of game with 10% of the promised features way down the line?

Willing to keep my money in if there's some sort of space pew pew product eventually, but I'll eject at this point if it looks like the writings on the wall.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Mr Smart, what is your favorite space anime?

The Butcher posted:

Willing to keep my money in if there's some sort of space pew pew product eventually, but I'll eject at this point if it looks like the writings on the wall.

The writing is on the wall, and it's written in blood and feces.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I will soon post a picture of a very angry Luke Skywalker with a phallic light saber threatening to shoot you with anger burning in his eyes.
When this happens don;t be scared he is just Mark Hamill acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Imagine getting so deep under someones skin that they make this their header photo.

DSmart da gawd :cheers:

• Locked thread