Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Once upon a time, there was a studio named Arkane. This was a Good Studio. A Noble Studio. A studio that understood the meaning of the word fun. A studio adept at building things. And a studio that was very, very good at combining these skill sets.

Dishonored is one chapter in this studio's story, and it's quite an interesting one. On a certain level, the chapter reads much like you'd expect. It's a chapter of a particularly quiet, but particularly capable man named Corvo Attano, framed for the cold-blooded murder of a head of state (and her lover) and run into the underbelly of his beloved city when it needs him the most. But after that introduction, the story reads very differently depending on who you ask. So different, in fact, you might wonder if there were many such stories, like an old myth.

There have been many, many LPs of Dishonored before. And many of them tell a fantastic story. But none, I've noticed, tell the whole myth. Well, myself, TheLastRoboky, and Orv are nothing if not thorough, and we're nothing if not fans of Arkane's tales. Just ask Sareth, the Big-Booted Blunderer.

So join us, won't you, while we cover the not just the story, but the myth of Dishonored?

What the gently caress are you even talking about
So, this LP is a bit of a departure from our other LPs in that we are going to be doing concurrent runs. We're hoping to not only show off how sprawling the game is from a creative perspective, but also to show off how many play styles it accommodates. I will be playing a Clean Hands/Low Chaos run of the game, where I make an earnest attempt to find all the collectables, including money, and to move as fast and methodically as possible. The strategies I show off will, at least in theory, be quite duplicable for people at home and have very little 'fat'. I won't promise to always succeed at finding every last coin or Ghost every level, but I will be moving fast, stealing everything I see, and leaving no corpses in my wake.

Roboky, on the other hand, will be playing precisely as his mood takes him. The only promise I've gotten out of him is that he'll be playing High Chaos. That's really all the more I could win on this one. He'll be seizing the game's weirdness and whimsy as it hits him with barely-restrained murderous glee. He'll be playing much like someone might when they first pick up the game - get spotted? Eh. Shoot a dude. Hey, there's a guy hanging out all alone - BLOW HIM UP! What, that brought 5 more dudes? Eh, whatever, I got this. His missions will take longer than mine, but you know what, that's what we're here for. Crack your favorite beverage and enjoy.

Orv will be providing interludes for my somewhat faster play style by showing off rarely seen situations, showing off bugs, and demonstrating silly speedrunner tricks. During loading screens on my playthrough, we will cut away to some of his footage of the previous section, showing just a few ways this game can go horribly, horribly wrong.

In short, we don't intend to just LP this game. We intend to turn it inside out for you.

Woah so what's the DLC situation
We intend to do the two content DLCs, Knife of Dunwall and Witches of Brigmore. The pre-order DLCs that give you extra money and a mess of early bone charms have been disabled.

Dunwall City Trials is a thing that will probably happen at some point but no promises on that.

I'm only interested in one playthrough
So only watch one! That's fine! As commentators, we may reference differences between the playthroughs, but if you're chiefly interested one playthrough, the other will never be required watching. If you have the time, though, I'd really suggest getting into them both, though. I don't really feel like people gave this game enough credit for how much your choices and actions truly matter, even in the smallest of details. It's a fine thing to see it unfold.

Videos

Both Runs
The first two areas of the game are always the same (as the player has had too few actions to matter up to that point), so the introduction chapters are both from Coolguy's playthrough.
Coldridge Prison: Youtube Polsy
Hound Pits Pub Interlude: Youtube Polsy. Extras in the post

High Chaos
Run by TheLastRoboKy, the gloves are off and many, MANY things will die in this run.
Kill the High Overseer (part 1): Youtube Polsy
Kill the High Overseer (part 2): Youtube Polsy
Post-High Overseer Interlude: Youtube Polsy
The Golden Cat (part 1): Youtube Polsy
The Golden Cat (part 2): Youtube Polsy
Post-The Golden Cat Interlude: Youtube Polsy
The Royal Physician (part 1): Youtube Polsy
The Royal Physician (part 2): Youtube Polsy
Post-Royal Physician Interlude: Youtube Polsy
Lady Boyle's Last Party: Youtube Polsy
Post-Lady Boyle's Last Party: Youtube Polsy
Return to the Tower: Youtube Polsy
Post-Return to the Tower: Youtube Polsy
The Flooded District (Part 1): Youtube Polsy
The Flooded District (Part 2): Youtube Polsy
The Loyalists: Youtube Polsy
Fathis Munk clowns on the poor jokers stuck on the Loyalists map: Youtube
Light at the End: Youtube Polsy

A Captain of Industry (part 1): Youtube Polsy
A Captain of Industry (part 2): Youtube Polsy
Eminent Domain (part 1): Youtube Polsy
Eminent Domain (part 2): Youtube Polsy
The Surge: Youtube Polsy
Interlude! Dunwall City Trials: Youtube Polsy

A Stay of Execution for Lizzy: Youtube Polsy
The Dead Eels (part 1): Youtube Polsy
The Dead Eels (part 2): Youtube Polsy
Oxrush Gas Route: Youtube Polsy
Delilah's Masterwork: Youtube Polsy

Low Chaos
Run by Coolguye, kindness rules here. It's a safe space. A happy space. A space of hugs and quiet naps. And also rampant robbery.
Kill the High Overseer: Youtube Polsy
The High Overseer, Interlude: Youtube Polsy
The Golden Cat: Youtube Polsy
Golden Cat, Interlude:catYoutube Polsy
The Royal Physician: Youtube Polsy
Lady Boyle's Last Party: Youtube Polsy
Return to the Tower: Youtube Polsy
The Flooded District: Youtube Polsy
The Loyalists: Youtube Polsy
Fathis Munk clowns on the poor jokers stuck on the Loyalists map: Youtube
Light at the End: Youtube Polsy

A Captain of Industry: Youtube Polsy
Eminent Domain: Youtube Polsy
Interlude! Dunwall City Trials: Youtube Polsy
The Surge: Youtube Polsy

A Stay of Execution for Lizzy: Youtube Polsy
The Dead Eels: Youtube Polsy
Oxrush Gas Route: Youtube Polsy
Delilah's Masterwork: Youtube[/ur] [url=http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2F6T5yMAeqWMM]Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

This thread has created a ton of amazing fan art and I love you all.

Fish Noise:

Fish Noise posted:

I don't know why I find the frustrated locker slamming so disproportionately hilarious.

Fish Noise posted:

Well now that you're actively mocking the missed grabs, I need to get this out of my system.

Okay that's enough.

Corvo stop.

No don't look at the songbook he's going to start danc-

ffs

Fish Noise posted:

You know what I think? A few things, actually.

I think I'm tired of looking at my chickenstratch in that avatar.

I think you can continue on to do even better things on the forums.

And finally, I think that we are in fact already prepared for Dishonored 2.

Fish Noise posted:

I thought I'd leave the specifics of any potential avatarization to Lprsti99's discretion.

But if you must have animation, there's really only one man for the job.

Fish Noise posted:

Even so, the fact remains: Billie Lurk is a cool girl who would never, ever mock you.

Fish Noise posted:

Even the thread is in High Chaos. :allears:

The person who's drawing these things in the first place?

IT'S ME, HIRAM!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, HIRAM!

But I have not set a single avatar you see here.
(I'm also not the person who outline-concepted the one for Orv)

Fish Noise posted:

Which brings us back to the root of the matter.

Do not be whiffing. Be better.

Fish Noise posted:

This guy contacted me, says he's a friend of Coolguye's and that he's here to help.

...I should probably screen these people better.

Fish Noise posted:

I wasn't planning on doing anything silly other than making a nice* sandwich today, but if you insist:

Severed feet may be a little too stable to be used as bowling pins.

*not really. I still haven't regained all feeling in my face

Fish Noise posted:

After reflecting on the intro again, and seeing affirmation on the thread being in High Chaos, I must voice a concern:

Things seem to be getting a little...
you know...
just a bit...
heretical.

INDRICK BOREALE posted:

THE CODECKS ASTARTEES NEHMES THIS MANEUVAH STEEL REHN

oh god when did he get in here

INDRICK BOREALE posted:

MULTIPLE

INDRICK BOREALE posted:

SIMULTANEOUS

INDRICK BOREALE posted:

DEEP STRIKES

EVERYONE HIDE YOUR STUFF

Bootcha:

Bootcha posted:

I'm a little late, just saw this, but here's my contribution:

Bootcha posted:

I wondered why Daud said "My head is the last place you want to be."

Bootcha posted:

Doctor Corvo's last experiment...

NullBlack:

NullBlack posted:

Explaining this to his doctor is going to be interesting.

Clearly, the Outsider chose well in giving Corvo his powers.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 27, 2016

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This should be enjoyable. What's your spoiler policy?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Having never played High Chaos runs of Dishonored before (and generally being the kind of guy that tries to sneak through everything anyway) I really wanted to be the one who did it. Getting to really change up my play-style and at the same time show off the toys the game gives you to be a bloodthirsty kinda Corvo. I am really looking forwards to showing and learning with you all and I apologise for the moments where my commentary just descends into comic-book villain style laughing whenever I give Coolguy the cringes (Orv's the little devil on my shoulder telling me to kill everything).

Dareon posted:

This should be enjoyable. What's your spoiler policy?

I know this game's been LP'd like four times on the forums but especially for me and the new experience of how things are going to go for a lot of details, I say keep them to a zero.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah the real problem with discussing spoilers is that it confuses the gently caress out of the conversation, so while you're more than welcome to talk about any and all little details we might miss, talking about what's gonna happen 3 missions from now is kinda no bueno.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Goddamn do I love this game. It's certainly not perfect, but drat if it didn't do so many things right.

And as much as I like doing no-kill runs, this game just offers so many ways to set up deathtraps, it's great.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Having never played High Chaos runs of Dishonored before (and generally being the kind of guy that tries to sneak through everything anyway) I really wanted to be the one who did it. Getting to really change up my play-style and at the same time show off the toys the game gives you to be a bloodthirsty kinda Corvo. I am really looking forwards to showing and learning with you all and I apologise for the moments where my commentary just descends into comic-book villain style laughing whenever I give Coolguy the cringes (Orv's the little devil on my shoulder telling me to kill everything).

I know this game's been LP'd like four times on the forums but especially for me and the new experience of how things are going to go for a lot of details, I say keep them to a zero.

Please tell me you're going to show how the high jump completely trivializes normal combat.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

apostateCourier posted:

Please tell me you're going to show how the high jump completely trivializes normal combat.

Well I'd never really considered doing it but as this is a learning process for seeing just how dumb I can make my murder sprees then yes, yes I will do this at some point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've only played through the first level so far (it's one of those I put down because something shiny ran by and haven't picked back up again yet) and you made me look incompetent. Probably because I kept waiting for conversations to finish instead of exploiting them for sneaking.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Brainamp posted:

Goddamn do I love this game. It's certainly not perfect, but drat if it didn't do so many things right.
This so much. It's the heir to Thief and Deus Ex that their series haven't provided (ok, HR came close). This game is just so much fun. It's like someone in the dev team finally woke up and realized yes, half the fun of stealth games is messing with the guards so let's empower the player to do just that while keeping the tools and levels open enough for everyone to find their own playstyle.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I've only played through the first level so far (it's one of those I put down because something shiny ran by and haven't picked back up again yet) and you made me look incompetent. Probably because I kept waiting for conversations to finish instead of exploiting them for sneaking.

You need to let conversations play out for optimal stealth sometimes! There's a good example of that in the first proper mission, actually. The ones in Coldridge do generally just get in your way though, yeah - especially the one between Hackworth and the nameless guard that opens the yard. For completeness's sake, this is the entire conversation:

Nameless: "Hackworth, you lazy slug. Did you patrol the Yard?"
Hackworth: "Sorry, not yet. I was gonna report that boiler leak from yesterday."
Nameless: "Forget it. Just do your rounds. A report's trouble for both of us. "
Hackworth (whining): "I'm moving."

He will then actively do rounds of the tiny yard they have, moving almost in parallel to his co-worker. It's pretty obnoxious to subdue them both given that setup - and you would want to do so, since the nameless guard has the required Yard key and Hackworth has money to steal. It's entirely possible, it just takes a long time for it to play out. It is easier to just throw a bottle to interrupt the nameless guard's scripting. Without his co-worker's interruption, Hackworth just stares off into space and is easy pickings for a choke.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My first runthrough of this game I played it like a standard stealth game- creeping around and legging it whenever I got spotted and it was alright, nothing amazing. Then I went for a high chaos run and it became one of my favourite games, all on account of the sheer variety of options you're given. Creeping around slicing up chumps, afflicting them with rats, sticking bombs on them, re-wiring their defences and brawling your way out with guns and time magic when you get spotted is how all stealth games should play.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Crane Fist posted:

My first runthrough of this game I played it like a standard stealth game- creeping around and legging it whenever I got spotted and it was alright, nothing amazing. Then I went for a high chaos run and it became one of my favourite games, all on account of the sheer variety of options you're given. Creeping around slicing up chumps, afflicting them with rats, sticking bombs on them, re-wiring their defences and brawling your way out with guns and time magic when you get spotted is how all stealth games should play.

There's a pervasive trend when something is labeled a "stealth" game to treat it as if the game's sneaking state is fragile china: despairing, panicking, or in some cases restarting when the player is discovered. I'm half ashamed to admit I treated Dishonored the same way myself. But there's a fine line between the stealth game and the "action with heavy stealth elements" game. Dishonored is the latter. The primary difference is you can play the latter like the former, but not vice versa.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Given your Dark Messiah LP, I have high hopes for this one. :allears:
Also the idea of having two perfect stealth/bumbling murderhobo parallel runs with the occasional Orv shaenanigans sprinkled in sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to see how it turns out.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mods change my name to Bumbling Murderhobo tia

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Dishonored loving owns and I'll be following ALL THE RUNS. I played this a bit for myself trying to perma-stealth it but lost interest after a while, then I showed the game to my girlfriend and she became my "just shoot him in the face already" button. It's far better that way unless you already know what you're doing.

Still Low Chaos though because stealthing is fun, too, I just don't reload anymore when there's fuckers to kill :c00l:. Though I gotta admit, it sometimes pains me if I have a conga train of dudes charging me and I murder them all, and then I feel like I miss out on smart enemy placement and patrolling routines. The poor designers spent so much time crafting that and I just break their toys :qq:!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh hell yeah, getting on the ground floor on this. This game is loving amazing and seeing your take on it sounds awesome.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I did a Low Chaos run, though not spotless. I only kept my spotlessness to get the 'kill less than ten dudes by x point in the game' then I fell back on my Thief standby: Non-lethal unless it's entirely too annoying to do so (because I'm out of Tranq darts and he's far away and has been staring at me for the past 5 minutes.)

Definitely interested in where this is going.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Dishonored is one of my favorite stealth games, mostly for reasons others have already brought up. I've done both a low and high chaos run, but I haven't seen the DLC and I will enjoy seeing Orv break the game over his knee.

Quick question though, did I miss something or is the intro just not part of the LP at all? (Slow and plodding it may be, but it does provide some context on the setting and characters and such.) Though the game's already been LP'ed like five times on the forums alone, so it's not hard to find. Just a bit odd to see a Dishonored LP start at Coldridge rather than showing how Corvo got there.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I forgot to ask him that when he made the test post, but then I assumed he would work it in more creatively than just a video.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Oops. Yes, I made a separate video for it and just completely forgot to post it. I left it commentary free for a big bag of reasons, so not struggling with it for 3 hours made it easy to overlook. :shobon:

Thank you for the reminder! It will be up today with the interlude!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Episode 1.5 - Hound Pits Pub Interlude: Youtube Polsy

Emily's Letter in the Void posted:

Corvo,

I am very sad. They say that you're dead like Mother, but I'm going to put this note in a bottle and throw it into the river because I do not believe them. Living here is very strange. I do not like it, so please come for me if you can.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 3, 2015

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

The interludes must be the oly part of the game I hated. I mean, after the first one I just wanted to skip every one of them. The game does let you speed through them pretty quickly, but because of all the collectible hunting and my compulsive need to find every last bit of loot on the map they always took longer than they needed to and felt like a chore. They always felt like they broke up the flow of the game and I generally treated them as my cue to stop playing and go do something else for awhile. Perhaps more of a problem with my playstyle than with the game itself, mind you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

You're kind of hitting on why we decided to handle the interludes as half-episodes, really. They will continue to be separate and distinct from actual game play because we suspect that some folks will simply want to skip them.

This first one is a little more important since it introduces the Outsider and how Corvo gets his powers, though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I liked the way the interludes help flesh out the world: between the Heart, the letters, diaries and recordings you can find, you get a pretty divers amount of points of view on how living in Dunwall is. The worldbuilding in this game is top-notch; too bad the lovely story and unpolished dialogue (Outsider being one of the worst offenders here, he's the most boring evil god ever) drags it down.
Not to mention there's quite a bunch of stashes and hidden goodies around the pub. I don't bother with it on replays, but it was extremely enjoyable and very reminiscent of Deus Ex the first time through.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The Outsider's been explicitly stated by Harvey Smith to not be good nor evil; he's the classical D&D Chaotic (as much of a colossal load of bullshit that moniker is) in that he has a general idea of what he wants to happen, but generally speaking he just sort of watches and lets things flow. The people he marks are just as much for his benefit as theirs, since they're already capable people before he talks to them. His mark lets him watch what they do more closely, and amplifies their effect, so the entire situation is way more fun to watch.

The fact that none of this is obvious to a number of people who have played the game a lot is indicative of some of the consistency problems you're referring to, though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I was more referring to the fact he's basically considered to be Satan by authorities but honestly, his long-winded boringness is even worse when it's supposed to be a trickster god.
There's also the fact that he (and the heart) have some kind of connection with whales, something I dearly hoped would be a center point of the story and turned out to be a background detail and thus probably the most disappoinitng bit of the game.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 3, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

He isn't a trickster god, and the views of the Abbey are pretty hostile to everything that isn't a plain old human.

It's still spoilers to go deeper into it, but the Outsider and his impact on the world are some of the best parts of the game.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I really, really wanted Corvo to have an essentially one-sided conversation with the utterly alien whale overmind. And it just never happens. This bit with the outsider is as close as we ever get.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
In that case I'm looking forward to see what I missed in my 5+ playthroughs.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

RickVoid posted:

I really, really wanted Corvo to have an essentially one-sided conversation with the utterly alien whale overmind. And it just never happens. This bit with the outsider is as close as we ever get.
How do you know the Outsider's true form isn't a whale?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I always think the Outsider looks like Stephen Dorff. Always manages to take me out of the game a little.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As promised.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This is utterly loving amazing.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You missed Emily's letter! :argh: Worst completionist run ever.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Poil posted:

How do you know the Outsider's true form isn't a whale?

Is there question that he isn't?

Wondrous.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The whaler song. Some people will whistle it and you can find the lyrics lying around in books occasionally but it's not actually in the game. Warning, comments may contain spoilers.

Zomborgon posted:

Is there question that he isn't?
That's a fair question.

What? :psyduck:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dareon posted:

You missed Emily's letter! :argh: Worst completionist run ever.

I generally ignore readables for a whole slew of reasons, but this was legitimately one that I had intended to include. So I will treat it much like the other fun readables that people shout out in this game: I'll transcribe it, and put it in the update post!

Emily's Letter in the Void posted:

Corvo,

I am very sad. They say that you're dead like Mother, but I'm going to put this note in a bottle and throw it into the river because I do not believe them. Living here is very strange. I do not like it, so please come for me if you can.

Poil posted:

The whaler song. Some people will whistle it and you can find the lyrics lying around in books occasionally but it's not actually in the game. Warning, comments may contain spoilers.
I presume most people are familiar with this, but the whaler song is basically taken wholesale from an actual sea shanty that was very popular with English-speaking sailors back during the age of sail. There is no authoritative source as to what it sounded like - as a shanty, there were almost as many variations of it as there were ships. Here is one that's performed well close to the traditional style, though. The main 'problem' is that they're using a guitar to back up the fiddle. A real ship would've, at best, had just two fiddlers.

Challenge mode is listening to any variation of this song and not whistling it for the rest of the loving day.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 3, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Poil posted:

The whaler song. Some people will whistle it and you can find the lyrics lying around in books occasionally but it's not actually in the game.

There's actually a book of lyrics on one of the bunks in the Pub.

Coolguye posted:

I generally ignore readables for a whole slew of reasons, but this was legitimately one that I had intended to include. So I will treat it much like the other fun readables that people shout out in this game: I'll transcribe it, and put it in the update post!

Though speaking of books in the pub, there's a poo poo ton just lying around. Most aren't all that interesting by themselves but they all start providing glances at Dunwall's culture. There's at least one about the Abbey's raid on Whitecliff. Pierro's workshop in particular has several books on whaling and just how hosed up that whole business is.

Whale Vivisection posted:

[Excerpt from the notes of a natural philosopher aboard a whaling ship]

Remarkably, each specimen I had the pleasure of studying during the voyage possessed some minor variance in physiology. On the second leg of the trip, east of Tyvia, the crew hauled aboard a female, some 42' in length. I estimate she weighed 35 tons and the ship sat low, rocking side to side through the night with her thrashing.

By candlelight, I took her apart, sketching and taking notes. Against her bellowing, I cut into the mass of tentacles around her mouth. Within I found row upon row of teeth and a baleen running along the upper jaw. Through this broom-like structure, I assumed she filtered food from the water that was too small to be chewed.

Whale Oil Processing posted:

[Excerpt from the founder of the Greaves Whale House - By Ebenezer Greaves]

Out at sea, they secure the beast with hooks, with lines cast from the main-ship and from several smaller boats. Buoys keep the whale from diving deep. Once it's caught, a larger hook is driven through the tail, which is used to hoist the creature up through the chute. They moan and bellow for some time as the men get them onto the deck, then heft them into the scaffolding overhead. The ship adjusts its prow and returns to port in Dunwall, where the crew works on the great creature, slicing off the fattiest parts while it still lives.

Dunwallians are dicks to whales.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Coolguye posted:

Challenge mode is listening to any variation of this song and not whistling it for the rest of the loving day.

I can't whistle, so challenge won. Humming it on the other hand...

• Locked thread