Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Odd, I'm seeing a 33% discount and a promo tab on the main 3DS eshop page.

It's been on sale in the UK as well for the past week or two I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA update (week of October 1):

Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - 414.99 from October 5-19

loving Atlas Tax.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
At last, it isn't the EU getting boned on eShop pricing!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So a lot of people criticize Nintendo for the glacial release of N64 titles, but how many first-party-owned titles do they really have to add to the list? Star Fox 64 (likely coming when Star Fox 0 launches)? Pilotwings 64? Super Smash Bros? (Maybe they don't want to confuse people?) Wave Race?

N64 had a pretty limited first party library.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It had a limited library period :laugh:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Patter Song posted:

So a lot of people criticize Nintendo for the glacial release of N64 titles, but how many first-party-owned titles do they really have to add to the list? Star Fox 64 (likely coming when Star Fox 0 launches)? Pilotwings 64? Super Smash Bros? (Maybe they don't want to confuse people?) Wave Race?

I think some of the criticism is because there are ONLY first-party-owned titles available? There's no need for that to be the case.

Nintendo lets all kinds of cheap-looking poo poo onto the eshop, but they keep this dumb bottleneck on the Virtual Console.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

I think some of the criticism is because there are ONLY first-party-owned titles available? There's no need for that to be the case.

Well, the need there is "the party owners are willing to put their games up" which they might not be, the licenses might be in limbo or other things. Most of the non-Nintendo N64 games were licensed stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Most of the conspicuously absent third-party VC games aren't there because the publishers/rights owners don't care enough to put them there, basically.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Mario Party

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Most of the conspicuously absent third-party VC games aren't there because the publishers/rights owners don't care enough to put them there, basically.

Square Enix cares!...about Japan

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If I had to point to what's hurting most with the VC right this moment, I'd say:

-Wii & 3DS games coming very slowly
-No Genesis games
-No SNES Squaresoft games

There's a handful of N64 titles that are a bit overdue, but the pickings there are kind of slim.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

There's a handful of N64 titles that are a bit overdue, but the pickings there are kind of slim.

I want Jet Force Gemini. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Buy an Xbone!

I think everyone who bought Rare Replay thought they wanted to play Jet Force Gemini again but they were so, so wrong.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Buy an Xbone!

I think everyone who bought Rare Replay thought they wanted to play Jet Force Gemini again but they were so, so wrong.

Oh man, I didn't know about Rare Replay!

I do plan on getting an Xbone at some point, since I already have a ton of games for it via Games with Gold. (And because I will want Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Mass Effect 4 when they come out) So I guess I will get to find out just how wrong I am eventually!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

JFG is a game I have fond memories of, but I don't want to even look at a screenshot because it can't possibly have aged well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Supercar Gautier posted:

JFG is a game I have fond memories of, but I don't want to even look at a screenshot because it can't possibly have aged well.

One stick to control this.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
JFG is a game that would do really well to get the HD remake treatment, with better (modern) controls and some of the grind removed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sade posted:

JFG is a game that would do really well to get the HD remake treatment, with better (modern) controls and some of the grind removed.

What you just described is Halo 1.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

I don't remember getting to play as a hover-dog in Halo.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Buy an Xbone!

I tried. I really did. I bought the drat game for my roommate because I wanted to play me some banjo, and Christmas, trying to control jet force Gemini is like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time, except your arms have been replaced with overcooked noodles

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The noodles are wet and covered in pepper.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Sade posted:

Goldeneye needs this treatment way before JFG.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Fremry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBhjP_PtKn4

This is kinda fun, even if they hosed up the aiming that made the original so unique.

fe: MP only, sadly. Goldeneye co-op would've been amazing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

Except JFG had some charm

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Fremry posted:

Didn't EA already remake Goldeneye, or was that more of a reboot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FanaticalMilk posted:

Didn't EA already remake Goldeneye, or was that more of a reboot.

They did but it had the feel of one of those Asylum knockoff movies.

Also Goldeneye starring Daniel Craig. :psyduck:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Not a Children posted:

I tried. I really did. I bought the drat game for my roommate because I wanted to play me some banjo, and Christmas, trying to control jet force Gemini is like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time, except your arms have been replaced with overcooked noodles

Go to the options screen outside the game and turn on modern controls. Makes the game SO much more playable.

Also buy Rare Replay, such a fantastic collection of games.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i shant be buying an xbox one or rare replay. good day

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's much cheaper ways of finding out that those bad Rare games were in fact bad.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think I'll just let Jet Force Gemni rest in my mind as "a fun game where you blow up bugs with crazy weaponry" rather than replay it and discover it to control like one of those nightmares where you can't run or walk right for some reason

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 8):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    STARWHAL - €9.99 / £8.99
    Whispering Willows - €9.99 / £7.99
WII DOWNLOADS FOR WII U
    Mario Sports Mix - €14.99 / £13.49 until October 15, standard price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Golf (N64) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Pocky & Rocky with Becky (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Dig Dug 2 (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

NOVA-111 (Wii U eShop) - €10.99 / £8.99 launch price, ends October 8
    Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until October 8
    Thomas Was Alone (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.20 until October 8
    Lone Survivor: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £2.99 until October 8
    The Swapper (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until October 8
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until October 8
    Suspension Railroad Simulator (Wii U eShop) - €7.19 / £5.39 until October 8
    Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 until October 10
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until October 10
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49from October 8-15
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 from October 8-22

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - €4.99 / £4.49
    Toy Stunt biker - €2.99 / £2.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until October 8
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 until October 8
    Airace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.39 / £2.10 until October 8
    Airace Xeno (3DS eShop) - €1.69 / £1.59 until October 8
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until October 8
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until October 22
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 from October 8-22
    Retro City Rampage (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from October 8-22
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30October 8.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Easily the most ridiculous spritesheet ever created :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know what that GBA Pocky n Rocky is like? I assume it's a port of one of the SNES games.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone know what that GBA Pocky n Rocky is like? I assume it's a port of one of the SNES games.

It is a really bad sort-of-remake-port thing of the original Kiki Kaikai series and plays nothing like the SNES games. I remember being incredibly disappointed when it originally released on GBA, because P&R2 is one of my favorite games of all-time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not. It was made by a different studio than the SNES games and is basically an upgraded version of the original arcade game. It's not terrible but the SNES games are way better.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the Sega/M2 interview for 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the final Sega 3D Classics release (if you ignore the second retail release Japan's getting at the end of the year):
http://blogs.sega.com/2015/10/06/3d-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-included-in-the-sega-3d-classics/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Sega hardware menu themes for 3DS have been officially announced for international release... or at least, they've announced a Game Gear theme: https://www.facebook.com/Sega/videos/10153666713286796/

The theme shown in the video is different to the JP Game Gear menu theme, so it seems like all the international themes might be different, which isn't surprising but it'd be nice if we could get access to both versions.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

The Sega hardware menu themes for 3DS have been officially announced for international release... or at least, they've announced a Game Gear theme: https://www.facebook.com/Sega/videos/10153666713286796/

The theme shown in the video is different to the JP Game Gear menu theme, so it seems like all the international themes might be different, which isn't surprising but it'd be nice if we could get access to both versions.

Freaking a Tv and Lust showed off the Dreamcast theme on his Japanese 3ds a few months ago and I was hoping they would pop up here eventually.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I'm glad someone at Sega put in a Pimp My Ride reference."And because we heard you like handhelds, we put a handheld in your handheld! Keep an eye out soon!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you like that you should check out the official Sonic twitter @sonic_hedgehog, that thing turned into a meme machine a few months back.