Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

Relegated to phone posting for a while. I will see if I can produce some casing when I get a chance before deadline (which happens to be at the end of my workday :argh:). Please don't go lynching anyone before then :)

Deadline is in 3 days???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Green Intern posted:

Relegated to phone posting for a while. I will see if I can produce some casing when I get a chance before deadline (which happens to be at the end of my workday :argh:). Please don't go lynching anyone before then :)

Hey Biaga, you made it through D1. What's your take on this?

Deadline is in 3 days, don't sweat it

efb

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'll respond to your points because you put a lot of effort into it:

Evasiveness/Low Content Posting
  1. This post was a simple statement; it did not need additional explanation
  2. Followed up on this in a following post
  3. Post was made in response to a question
  4. Followed up in the following post
  5. :razz:

This doesn't seem a strong argument; I have been engaging those who engage with me and, although I have a lot of snarky/sarcastic responses, I follow up on silly posts as much as possible.

Buddying Up/Misdirection
I made a case against CC, and wanted to know their opinions on the case as it was a me vs him scenario. I gave herm a reread, but all I got was that he was a condescending rear end in a top hat. I'm happy to have lynched him.

Defensive/OMGUS
All quotes here are regarding the argument I had with CC. How is responding to the cases that were presented against me seen as defensive/omgus when I clearly stated my reason for voting was that his story did not line up with the facts?

Pushing ~Meta Reads~
Guilty, using my meta reads to support my d1 views.

I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my points, even if you didn't agree with them! I'd like to know more about your case against CC as we move into d2. It doesn't seem like there's a lot to go on yet (CC is actually under the Foo + votefinder post bar which I agree doesn't look great) but I'm curious about what rubbed you such a wrong way from his few posts that he gets an instant vote on d2.

For people in general - how was that effortpost layout? I tried to keep it readable while making my points, since there's been feedback about tldr megaposts in this thread and others. Open to feedback as a new player!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my points, even if you didn't agree with them! I'd like to know more about your case against CC as we move into d2. It doesn't seem like there's a lot to go on yet (CC is actually under the Foo + votefinder post bar which I agree doesn't look great) but I'm curious about what rubbed you such a wrong way from his few posts that he gets an instant vote on d2.

For people in general - how was that effortpost layout? I tried to keep it readable while making my points, since there's been feedback about tldr megaposts in this thread and others. Open to feedback as a new player!

I really liked the format as it made it easy to address individual points.

CC's case on me was based on a false narrative, and after I disproved each of their points, they continued to leave their vote on me because "nope, scum."

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

I do not want to spend d2 defending myself over and over and over again vs the same points I argued yesterday and the start of this morning.

Well, yes, I imagine you wouldn't. I agree that D2 should not be All About Kashuno Day but that's not a free pass for you.

Kashuno posted:

I will agree that it was lovely to hammer early. He was pissing me off with his silly poo poo so I just decided I had had enough and lynched. I don't regret my decision.

Back to voting for the real scum ##vote colonel corazon

That's not what you said earlier.

Kashuno posted:

I kinda want to keep this guy around for his constantly condescending attitude :allears:

A cynical person might note that when he was at -2 his attitude was amusing and almost endearing, but as soon as he was in hammer range he was insufferable and had to go. What changed, other than the number of votes on him?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
But like I said, this is not All About Kash Day.

SirSamVimes posted:

:stare: I doubt that the scum have two nightkills in a 13 player game, so what are we thinking? Serial killer or town role?

D1's lurkiest poster comes running in after the thread unlocks to go fishing for vig roles.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gabriel Pope posted:

Well, yes, I imagine you wouldn't. I agree that D2 should not be All About Kashuno Day but that's not a free pass for you.

That's not what you said earlier.

A cynical person might note that when he was at -2 his attitude was amusing and almost endearing, but as soon as he was in hammer range he was insufferable and had to go. What changed, other than the number of votes on him?

He voted himself. He had gone from condescending to just insufferable with his "EVERYTHING I DO IS SCUMMY" post, and I was just over it. It would be a distraction for town throughout the coming days, and wasn't worth keeping him around.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gabriel Pope posted:

But like I said, this is not All About Kash Day.

D1's lurkiest poster comes running in after the thread unlocks to go fishing for vig roles.

good catch, I missed the "town role" at the end of the post there. Speculating on number of killers with only one day worth of data is distracting setup spec, rather than having real concrete things to work with.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

He voted himself. He had gone from condescending to just insufferable with his "EVERYTHING I DO IS SCUMMY" post, and I was just over it. It would be a distraction for town throughout the coming days, and wasn't worth keeping him around.

You said he was already a dead rear end in a top hat walking:

Kashuno posted:

Not to mention, if I were scum ending d1 early only hurts me. I put a big target on myself to get lynched today, when I could've just let herm's acerbic attitude lynch him instead.

If his lynch was a foregone conclusion, he wouldn't be around to be a distraction anymore anyhow. Hammering him so early was probably not necessary to secure his lynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I disagree. You don't know how he would have turned out on D2, after surviving pressure and with the results of the flips plus actions.

Your early hammer and defense of said hammer is still pretty scummy in my eyes and I would definitely vote for you today, but I am not going to start with it.

What I don't understand is why Hermetic just didn't claim. Tracker isn't so dangerous that it's automatically a NK and I'm assuming there is a doctor in the game since it's pretty standard.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:shrug: I'm not going to keep repeating myself. I don't regret my decision to just lynch him and get rid of him. Everyone is sus of me but no one wants to vote, so let's go hunt scum instead.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

:stare: I doubt that the scum have two nightkills in a 13 player game, so what are we thinking? Serial killer or town role?

##vote SSV

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
probably not going to have much time to reread anything today but i'll do my best to keep up

i'll get some more time after today since the wife has to work this weekend so i have the house to myself :dukedog: :getin:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lucky you! I'll also do my best to keep up from my in-laws'. The distraction might be a blessing in disguise anyways? :negative:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Okay D2, let's see what's what.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And the award for the most useless post goes to...

Nth Doctor posted:

Okay D2, let's see what's what.

A stunning win for Nth Doctor. He's a Cinderella story and truly an inspiration to us all!

:v:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Kumbamontu posted:

I liked that post but you and CC would do well to summarize your points better or split them into separate posts because most people are going to see that and be like "HAHA WELP tl;dr" and ignore it
I'mma take this advice.

Biaga

Nth Doctor posted:

I feel the same way about Biaga so let me lay it out: Biaga's defensiveness and "lynching me will only hurt us :smith:" posting makes me think he's not a VT. Furthermore I feel a degree of empathy for him as a new player: I've gotten worked up at being voted on and acted weirdly before, too. All in all: Biaga seems like a townie who got tripped up by weird posting early on and then wavered between being resigned to getting lynched and suggesting that axing him would be more harm than a straight VT lynch.
but I've also been caught out in a similar way to Biaga so I feel some new player camaraderie here.
You were in a bad way D1 and I defended you. I'd appreciate it if you posted a bit more because I felt like I was hanging in the wind due to your lurking most of D1.
I'm guilty of doing it yesterday too, so I get it. Let's both post more better, K?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

TMMadman posted:

And the award for the most useless post goes to...

A stunning win for Nth Doctor. He's a Cinderella story and truly an inspiration to us all!

:v:

Thank you, thank you. I'm so honored to be here with you all on this momentous occasion.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Nth Doctor posted:

I'mma take this advice.

Biaga

You were in a bad way D1 and I defended you. I'd appreciate it if you posted a bit more because I felt like I was hanging in the wind due to your lurking most of D1.
I'm guilty of doing it yesterday too, so I get it. Let's both post more better, K?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Let's both post more better, K?

I'll start.

Biaga posted:

I am here, sorry still reading through the 124 posts since yesterday. School eats my time on Wed/Thus.

Biaga posted:

I am going to re-read everything and I will decide.
Done reading yet?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Nevermind I read this wrong. I thought you were telling yourself to post better, which was a real :psyduck: moment until I realized you quoted yourself but were actually talking about Biaga. Ignore me.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Kumbamontu posted:

Nevermind I read this wrong. I thought you were telling yourself to post better, which was a real :psyduck: moment until I realized you quoted yourself but were actually talking about Biaga. Ignore me.
It's cool. We good. :hfive:

Biaga posted:

Ill take the hit, but before I go I am going to call it. Kashuno is scum.
18 Hours Later:

Biaga posted:

So I have stopped lurking in this thread, so I apologise for not posting as much as I use to (continually I am in school so Wednesdays are busy for me) but regardless i will attempt to clarify my justification for pointing a finger at Kashuno.

The first person to vote for me was pope, I honestly think his vote was less a serious post and more a point of justifying to me the intention of day1 in feeling out people and forcing them to justify a vote or suspicion. Kushuno, on the other hand, was less about justification and more aimed at removing the first likely threat. He jumped on voting for the first person with a weak defense, or, more accurately to my situation, lack of experience.

Resigning to die is really easy especially when you have nothing to hide. I also have never stated that killing someone on d1 is anything but negative(though I have grown to see the logic in a game outside face-to-face interaction, as this brief period of attention in game has grown to show me).

I think this sums it up pretty nicely, and only saw this after I started this post.

##vote Kashuno
I think the reasoning on this vote on Kash isn't terribly great.
The key bit is here:

Gabriel Pope posted:

Kashuno is trying way too hard, but he seems confident in his convictions. I find Hermetic's opportunism a lot more eyebrow-raising:

Kashuno jumped on the Biaga vote ASAP, but Heremetic waited for it to conveniently build up some steam before joining in, then tries to stoke things up again when the fire starts to die down. With the weirdest, craziest theory I've ever seen, no less, then backpedaling when it's pointed out how crazy it is.

Gabe was suggesting Herm looks the scummier of the two between Herm and Kash. You used that to justify voting Kash.
I don't think your vote is wrong taken in isolation, but your casework seems fast and loose. I don't like it. You would be more justified in saying "gut" than completely misinterpreting a post and saying it sums up your feelings.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

okay there have been enough hours of actual gameplay, all lurkers below the line are liable to be replaced or modkilled without further warning, PM me if there are issues

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
blood for the blood god :unsmigghh:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think the only one below the line right now is SSV.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Nope

Biaga, SSV, Tommunist, CC all fall below the line

(it's Foo + VoteFinder not just Foo)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Fake edit: speaking of SSV

Okay SSV, your turn.

Nth Doctor posted:

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote Biaga

SirSamVimes posted:

No lynching is giving the scum team a free day. Advocating a no lynch is scummy as hell.
This seems really abrupt and not terribly well supported, SSV. Biaga comes off as defensive and a bit :smith: about having a couple of votes on them. Without enough evidence to launch a case on somebody the only other real option for self preservation is suggesting a no lynch.

Someone Awful! posted:

SirSamVimes posted:

Biaga's following posts have just made me feel better about my vote on them. Not only the advocating a no lynch (and recommending people who want to lynch d1 lol), they've started going with the "I'm going to get lynched, might as well not bother defending myself" thing which is also a very anti town playstyle. If you want to not seem scummy, give some opinions on who you think IS scum. Don't worry about being wrong, you can change your opinion as more information/posts happen.

sam, bro

i kind of hope you're scum because if you aren't this is pretty much the weakest and easiest d1 case to choose to push!!!

Do you have any opinions on anyone else, like maybe kashuno or hermetic?

I still don't like your Biaga case. It looks a lot like you dove in because Biaga was in the lead more than anything else.

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I'm sorry for not posting a lot, I'm not great at engaging in D1.

As has been pointed out: this is bad. This hurts the town. You have the lowest postcount of any living player in the game at the moment.

The good news is: we're in D2 now! You know this because you posted this 4 minutes after the thread opened:

SirSamVimes posted:

To take a serious tack:
I agree with you: 2NK for scum seems really weird.
I'm leaning SK rather than vig and here's why:
In my notes on Deadbeat Dad and Someone Awful! I don't list anything from them as particularly scummy.
In the hot minute DbD was in game he pressed for content from more lurker types and gave honest looking feedback:
Giving read on Biaga, and Herm:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Awkward newbie read for me, but I don't like your vote on Kash at all, don't think his reaction was really out of the ordinary.

I don't like my gut on Hermetic, mostly because he reads like me when I post as scum. High praise, I know.

I hedge a bit sometimes because I don't like to hard commit myself to anybody unless I for sure have information or a drat good gut read, so playing cautious isn't bad.
Pressing on Green Intern to get in the game a bit more:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Who do you feel is scum? You have a lot of content and posts, but haven't hard committed to anybody yet. You had some good points on Hermetic and still said "you'd vote him to avoid a no-lynch" - you seem pretty stingy with your vote.
He wanted content. Doesn't sound scummy to me.
He replaced Tommunist who basically lurked. Yeah, lurking is scummy but DbD seemed to recover from that pretty well.

Someone Awful
He wanted to keep D1 going to get lurkers to post:

Someone Awful! posted:

We still have a long time until deadline and I'd like to hear more from sirsamvimes and tommunist and colonel corazon so if you three could post some posts that'd be cool and good

He stated voting preferences:

Someone Awful! posted:

I'll take a messy d1 over a low-effort/boring d1 any day.
Would vote: hermetic (for reasons stated earlier), ssv (lurking and lazy me-too voting), maybe gabriel pope but I feel better about him now.
I don't like this post at all, it seems like a completely overstated and unnecessary clarification to reassure us that you're totally town for sure bros :shrug:

He even cast (and later withdrew) a vote on Pope. He participated to a degree.

I don't recall anyone calling either of them scummy.

In conclusion AND TL;DR: I think it would be exceedingly weird for a vig to target either of them over some of the more high visibility folks in the thread.

I say SK.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If it's a town vig and they don't claim it they're dumb so it's safe to assume if no one claims it it was a bad guy

That was a whole lot of words that didn't really say a whole lot

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Kumbamontu posted:

If it's a town vig and they don't claim it they're dumb so it's safe to assume if no one claims it it was a bad guy

I've never been in a game with a vig that actually acted before. Why would they claim? One-shot power makes them VT so it's no use for them to be killed off anymore?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Edit for my last question:

Nth Doctor posted:

Is it a One-shot power, so using it makes them VT so it's no use for them to be killed off anymore?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

I've never been in a game with a vig that actually acted before. Why would they claim? One-shot power makes them VT so it's no use for them to be killed off anymore?

A vig is generally seen as alignment neutral as long as the vig acts with good faith. For example, I though Kash was suspicious during D1, so if I had a vig and used it on Kash during N1 then nobody would really use the vig to judge my alignment.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's no reason to engage in setup spec until we have another night of info to confirm things. Nth your big post on SSV turns into discussing other people and setup spec. What's your actual opinion on SSV?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

Nope

Oops. I forgot it was Foo + votefinder. It doesn't help that Foo posts a bit more than some mods.

Although DBD replaced Tommunist, so you're wrong there! HAH!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kumbamontu posted:

Nope

Here, I'll help. CC, I'm still curious about the answer to this:

Gabriel Pope posted:

Still not sure how to feel about the CC/Kash slapfight from last night. CC, can you elaborate any on this?

Colonel Corazon posted:

Kash backpedals with his stance after people begin to think maybe biaga is just a poor newbie:

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

##vote Biaga

What?

"What?" indeed. Kash questions the early case on Biaga, Biaga starts floundering, a few people bring up the poor newbie defense, and then Kash flips to voting Biaga. How would people defending Biaga as a poor newbie be a trigger for a supposedly opportunistic vote?

Your case on Kash retroactively looks a lot better after Kash poo poo the bed D1 but your original case still looks pretty wobbly.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CC's case was disproven on every point so I don't know why that still looks good to you other than you already find me scummy

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Kashuno posted:

There's no reason to engage in setup spec until we have another night of info to confirm things. Nth your big post on SSV turns into discussing other people and setup spec. What's your actual opinion on SSV?

I don't like SSV's tendency to hide out and not make posts. I didn't like SSV's apparent bandwagoning on votes. I think SSV is vaguely scummy and took his "OH my goodness, WHAT HAPPENED?" post with the initial "what do you think, SK or vig?" setup speculation as trying to introduce the topic while not weighing in at all on it.

I gotta get home, but I'm hoping to get one more chunk of effort done tonight.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

CC's case was disproven on every point so I don't know why that still looks good to you other than you already find me scummy

It doesn't look good. That's why I've been trying to get CC to defend it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
CC threw together a slipshod case D1, then you pulled a ridiculously bad hammer vote to end D1 early, and now CC is conveniently hiding behind your bad play to look like they were always justified in pushing your case.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nth Doctor posted:

Fake edit: speaking of SSV

Okay SSV, your turn.

This seems really abrupt and not terribly well supported, SSV. Biaga comes off as defensive and a bit :smith: about having a couple of votes on them. Without enough evidence to launch a case on somebody the only other real option for self preservation is suggesting a no lynch.

Not really. Biaga stated that being "out for blood" d1 was scummy. He wasn't saying that wanting to lynch him was bad, he was saying that it was a bad thing to want to lynch someone d1.

quote:

I still don't like your Biaga case. It looks a lot like you dove in because Biaga was in the lead more than anything else.

As has been pointed out: this is bad. This hurts the town. You have the lowest postcount of any living player in the game at the moment.
I moved off Biaga when I found someone more suspicious, even if that person turned out to be town. I'm still suspicious of Biaga now, but things have moved away from him right now so we can get back to it later.

quote:

The good news is: we're in D2 now! You know this because you posted this 4 minutes after the thread opened:

To take a serious tack:
I agree with you: 2NK for scum seems really weird.
I'm leaning SK rather than vig and here's why:
In my notes on Deadbeat Dad and Someone Awful! I don't list anything from them as particularly scummy.
In the hot minute DbD was in game he pressed for content from more lurker types and gave honest looking feedback:

I agree that neither DBD nor SA seemed scummy, so it's probably a SK. It'd be weird to just casually toss out a vig when you have no reason to think it's a scummy target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kumbamontu posted:

Although this isn't quite true. It is possible to have a multi-use vig, and claiming it would be making yourself a NK target.

I'm still leaning SK though.

• Locked thread