Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

symbolic posted:

As are most post-Youthanasia Megadeth songs. :shrug:

United Abominations was an awesome album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stab posted:

United Abominations was an awesome album
Yeah I'd place it second under The System Has Failed for best 2000s Megadeth albums

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

symbolic posted:

Yeah I'd place it second under The System Has Failed for best 2000s Megadeth albums

That's like ranking one's favorite bouts of diarrhea.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

comes along bort posted:

That's like ranking one's favorite shady restaurants.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

comes along bort posted:

those are more memorable

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I has all the ingredients of a Megadeth song, but it's like they used the low sodium low fat version of everything. So it's just a bland meal no one enjoys.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

comes along bort posted:

There's diamond in the rough (Right to Go Insane, Back in the Day, Dread and the Fugitive Mind, etc.).

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

nerve posted:

those are more memorable

:boom:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fermented Piss posted:

It's gonna take a while. No one is very excited about the lineup. In years past the 4 day passes would have sold it in hours.

Yeah it's not like 2012 where I saw the lineup and wanted to kill myself because I couldn't go, but I've never been and I finally have the time + money to go and there's still a bunch of poo poo I want to see so I figure now's the time. I can go check off the grindcore/powerviolence resurgence bands they got that don't cross the Canadian border before their next inevitable explosion.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 2, 2015

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The new Satan is out: https://listenable-records.bandcamp.com/album/atom-by-atom

it's sounding good so far.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Thanks whoever posted that Immortal Bird album a few days ago, I can't turn this off

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Next Megadeth album announced, titled Dystopia. Supposed to be released January 22nd next year. The tracklist looks good and there's even a Fear cover and supposedly a Budgie cover. Can't wait.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

symbolic posted:

Next Megadeth album announced, titled Dystopia. Supposed to be released January 22nd next year. The tracklist looks good and there's even a Fear cover and supposedly a Budgie cover. Can't wait.

Did you miss the song posted on the last page? Based on that this album will be garbage.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

xzzy posted:

Did you miss the song posted on the last page? Based on that this album will be garbage.

symbolic posted:

Anything over Super Collider.

It's not bad. Reminds me quite a bit of Annihilator. Can't wait to hear more.

e: which is kind of ironic considering I just remembered there is an Annihilator song titled "Word Salad"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well then I don't know what to tell you. If you liked that song then I guess more power to you. :v:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

xzzy posted:

Well then I don't know what to tell you. If you liked that song then I guess more power to you. :v:
Yeah, despite nearly everyone in the thread disliking it, it's growing on me. Hopefully Mustaine teases another track or two so I can get a general album feel.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I am crossposting from the S/D/S thread but my doom band put out a single for an album coming on Halloween, if anybody is interested. I'm the bass player.
Bandcamp
Facebook

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

just popping in to say that Mastodon's video for The Motherload is amazing, thank you god bless

e: thought someone may have mentioned in the past few pages but I guess not, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 2, 2015

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

just popping in to say that Mastodon's video for The Motherload is amazing, thank you god bless

e: thought someone may have mentioned in the past few pages but I guess not, here you go:

This is a year old but Mastodon is still pretty cool I guess

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Babe Magnet posted:

For me Dry Bone Valley is the best.

TheDrugs.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vMvJcP4TA

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Vulture Culture posted:

This is a year old but Mastodon is still pretty cool I guess

oh gently caress it is, whatever, don't care, I didn't see it so it's new to me

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 3, 2015

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Speaking of old but new to me, I've been into old school death metal for the past couple years but somehow missed Malevolent Creation. This poo poo is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiWry2sEBKQ

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah it's too bad they're total shitheads, not that that's rare in metal

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah it's too bad they're total shitheads, not that that's rare in metal

Interesting. Examples?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm on my phone but google "malevolent creation racist" or "malevolent creation homophobia." We're used to European style fascism in the metal thread but MC are good old fashioned redneck dipshits

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Malevolent Creation posted:

The studio was in the middle of niggertown. When we were recording the album Eternal we would look out the window and there were niggers sitting out there making drug deals. We couldn’t even go outside to have a cigarette without worrying about getting mugged.

Malevolent Creation posted:

In all reality, it wouldn’t matter if you’re the best drummer in the world. We’d never have a friend of the family in the band.

:(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Florida!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Listening to a "arena hard rock black thrash" band at a show and my God is it bad.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

lmao they're literally afraid of black people. it's so metal to peer through the blinds like "man is that dude still there...i really need to hit burger king..."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

Listening to a "arena hard rock black thrash" band at a show and my God is it bad.

That sounds like Kvelertak but they're good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

muike posted:

lmao they're literally afraid of black people. it's so metal to peer through the blinds like "man is that dude still there...i really need to hit burger king..."

gently caress where is my bodyguard I think one of them just looked this way. :ohdear:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Babe Magnet posted:

Not the biggest Mastodon fan but you know they did something right with that video because they managed to piss off multiple groups of stupid people simultaneously.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I always wanted to meet Brent Hinds because you get to play the roulette of talking to a) nicest goofiest guy in the entire world or b) reclusive caveman who won't even acknowledge your existence. Aside from the latter they seem like super silly cool dudes.

I have a special connection to Mastodon because Leviathan severely challenged me back in my "early" metal days.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Henchman of Santa posted:

That sounds like Kvelertak but they're good

Pretty much, but with hardly any "Black" in their sound.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Kilometers Davis posted:

I always wanted to meet Brent Hinds because you get to play the roulette of talking to a) nicest goofiest guy in the entire world or b) reclusive caveman who won't even acknowledge your existence. Aside from the latter they seem like super silly cool dudes.

I met them back when they did a tour opening for Clutch and they were at least then pretty normal and chill.

Probably had more to do with my friend whose house we were at smoking them out of their gourds though.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe already posted? I'm not sure, but BTBAM and Enslaved are touring together.

Naturally, I will be at the Manhattan show on December 15.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Klaaz posted:

Maybe you like Maximum the Hormone. I know I do.

I've loved those guys for years. What's funny is, I'd never seen them before and one time, I think it was last year, someone posted a video of theirs and I was just like "WHO IS THIS OMG" ...then realization hit and I was like "Oh poo poo it's the new MTH album". The video title and everything was in japanese so it took me a bit to figure it out, like at least the first 40 seconds. Honestly, at first I thought it was another band trying to sound like MTH and doing it pretty well.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, MTH owns a lot, some of their stuff is just absurdly heavy and weird, I love it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not proud of this admission but I was first introduced to MTH by the intro to the second season of Death Note :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Did anyone like BTBAM's latest? I don't mind the lack of heaviness at all but it just seemed kind of boring and poorly written.